Halloween Horror Nights 23 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

I'm hoping for some IP houses this year! Bring back the Blood and guts! they Used to go through buckets of blood each set on the streets... New icon would be cool but im not going to freak out if there isnt an icon again. A cool story line works just fine with me. Also a new Nightmares shirt!

• Like 1

I'd really prefer a icon. We didn't have a icon last year and we got very little back story (except for the Iniquitous which was nice).

I know 2004 didn't have one but it had very strong back stories for each house that tied together under the auspices of fear.

But, for example, I'm in the process of making matryoshka with each ICON on it... 12 total. I'm skipping 14 and 22 and using Cindy, Eddie, AND Jack twice. i refuse to useTWD and the breaking point guy as, to me they just weren't noteworthy... It's just better with an icon.

In that same vein (As you are right no Stephen King)...

Lets have a shinning inspired house. Kinda Hotel Hell, meets tower of terror, meets ghost town, meets bioshock...

Would love to see a Art deco style hotel. You walk into the lobby in disrepair. As your go through it is restored (still looking for that silent hill effect we didn't get <_<) and becomes inhabited with masked guests. (of course the bunny masquerade masks could make an appearance) throw in some back story and bada bing.

YES! Even though Shining is a no, I'm going to wishful think anyways...and maybe some of these ideas could be used in a hotel house as an homage, reference, or an allusion.

The Shining as a house would be wonderful (if executed correctly, obviously). Four things that I would really like to see/like to be in The Shining house would be:

1.) Another cold/snowy atmosphere (like Winter's Night)

2.) The hedge maze (yes unrealistic, but wouldn't that be phenomenal in a house - if pulled off well? It would be very unique in my opinion.

3.) The infamous bathroom scene/the decomposing lady in the tub.

4.) Probably the most disturbing thing that I think would be wonderful in the house would be the execution of this scene:

bear_shining_costume.jpg

Sorry, Mysti - I know you would be terrified out of your wits.

But, that bear/dog/whatever the hell it is costume could make a really great scareactor and surprising cameo.

----------------

But on the topic, a hotel house I would be all in favor for. Hotels can be scary places underneath all the elegant chandeliers, ballrooms, and well kept rooms. Think of all the different people that have stayed in the room your in, the stories, the emotions, and maybe even the tragedies. It's no surprise why hotels are always such a common building associated with hauntings. With the amount of people that flow through them - there's so many potentials for accidents or crimes. I would really love to see one for HHN 23, whether in the form of the Shining, a sequel to Hotel Hell, or a new original.

But, what I said about the haunting in the hotel would make my idea a "ghost house or haunted house." Which brings to mind, we've had 3 ghost/haunted houses in a row: Legendary Truth (2010), Winter's Night (2011), and Dead End (2012). I personally loved all these houses (yes LT is probably my guilty pleasure house), but do you think we will see another ghost based haunted house for 23? Asides from LT, they have been very successful and well received. And I don't just mean a ghost hotel house, I mean ghost house in general.

Edited by TsunamiFox

YES! Even though Shining is a no, I'm going to wishful think anyways...and maybe some of these ideas could be used in a hotel house as an homage, reference, or an allusion.

The Shining as a house would be wonderful (if executed correctly, obviously). Four things that I would really like to see/like to be in The Shining house would be:

2.) The hedge maze (yes unrealistic, but wouldn't that be phenomenal in a house - if pulled off well? It would be very unique in my opinion.

4.) Probably the most disturbing thing that I think would be wonderful in the house would be the execution of this scene:

bear_shining_costume.jpg

But, that bear/dog/whatever the hell it is costume could make a really great scareactor and surprising cameo.

----------------

But on the topic, a hotel house I would be all in favor for. Hotels can be scary places underneath all the elegant chandeliers, ballrooms, and well kept rooms. Think of all the different people that have stayed in the room your in, the stories, the emotions, and maybe even the tragedies. It's no surprise why hotels are always such a common building associated with hauntings. With the amount of people that flow through them - there's so many potentials for accidents or crimes. I would really love to see one for HHN 23, whether in the form of the Shining, a sequel to Hotel Hell, or a new original.

But, what I said about the haunting in the hotel would make my idea a "ghost house or haunted house." Which brings to mind, we've had 3 ghost/haunted houses in a row: Legendary Truth (2010), Winter's Night (2011), and Dead End (2012). I personally loved all these houses (yes LT is probably my guilty pleasure house), but do you think we will see another ghost based haunted house for 23? Asides from LT, they have been very successful and well received. And I don't just mean a ghost hotel house, I mean ghost house in general.

I hope like hell they have another ghost/haunted house. Those are my favorites every, single year! To me, that IS Halloween.. a "haunted house". Plus, Winter's Night and Dead End were spectacular (I thought).. beautifully executed and a true feast for the senses.

If you're talking about a list for something based on the Shining.. let's not forget the creepy twin girls!

shining_twins.jpg

One last thing on King.. did you guys see the video I posted where I got to ask King himself about doing HHN? Yeah, he blew off the question pretty much, but I asked it! :)

• Like 1

One last thing on King.. did you guys see the video I posted where I got to ask King himself about doing HHN? Yeah, he blew off the question pretty much, but I asked it! :)

After so many horrible TV and film adaptations of some of his stories, you'd think he wouldn't care so much about allowing Universal to make some of his stories into Houses or Scarezones.

• Like 1

I'd really prefer a icon. We didn't have a icon last year and we got very little back story (except for the Iniquitous which was nice).

I know 2004 didn't have one but it had very strong back stories for each house that tied together under the auspices of fear.

But, for example, I'm in the process of making matryoshka with each ICON on it... 12 total. I'm skipping 14 and 22 and using Cindy, Eddie, AND Jack twice. i refuse to useTWD and the breaking point guy as, to me they just weren't noteworthy... It's just better with an icon.

There was a BIG backstory to the house last yr but you didnt know it since they didnt couldnt do a website like years past.. DE backstory is MASSIVE!

I've been wanting a Hotel house for the last few yrs and I want it to take place in Cary, Ohio.

• Like 1

Its Spiderman 2.0... same ride system they've been working with since IOA opened in 1999... its not new tech like Potter or failed eye-sore (aka Rockit). It will be up and running with no issue.

I didn't know it was a full 100% sure thing sorry. I have not followed the news of this ride besides what people have said here. I was not aware.

Still, anything can happen. If HHN comes around and this is not open for it I will hunt you down :lol:

and that's besides the point anyways because like I said, If they can't give us a full event with 8 houses and real scarezones they need to fill that void with something else. The ride will be nice but it is not enough I think.

2.) The hedge maze

Go play the Haunted House side of the Hollywood Drive-In mini-golf. There is a headge maze there :P

They could easily do a hedge style maze inside & have more control over the scares than if they actually used real hedges outside. But they would never be able to have dead ends.

define... infamous bathroom scene. If you're referring to the shit covered bathroom that appeared in 2006's Scareapy... complete with the god awful shit smell of overpowering doom.... yea, you're getting voted off the island.

• Like 2

Go play the Haunted House side of the Hollywood Drive-In mini-golf. There is a headge maze there :P

LOVE the Drive-In mini golf course... but I ruined to putters fighting off the chainsaws!!!

img2800ul.jpg

But how cool would a hedge maze be? Would be a lot of work for the A&D/builders I think!

Edited by PeoriaBJJ

bear_shining_costume.jpg

----------------

Speaking of SS houses... has anyone read Salems Lot? There are a TON of scenes from that book that would translate into an HHN maze. Even aside from stuff that was in the movie, the book offers a bunch also. One scene I remember that involved a guy looking for his wife adn daughter after their car broke down in the winter... reading it was creepy as hell. I can imagine how spooky it would be in a house scene (this part was in the end of the book that I think was cut from the actual novel). Ill see if I can find. But what Im saying is that a Salems Lot house as a stand alone would be awesome too!

• Like 1

There was a BIG backstory to the house last yr but you didnt know it since they didnt couldnt do a website like years past.. DE backstory is MASSIVE!

I've been wanting a Hotel house for the last few yrs and I want it to take place in Cary, Ohio.

Oh I know I heard it on the tour... which miffs me I have to pay extra money to hear the story. I mean I would have anyway but not everyone would... and I really think it added to the experience. I mean every "ghost" had a detailed back story. a small queue video would have help explain the house as well.

On a semi related note:

YAY! I will be there as always. If you want to read it, I have two articles in regard to it.

Last years Serious Art of Make believe and the one specifically about the Design forum.

The proceeds all go to Relay for life and you get to buy unique park merch... win win all around. Also, follow the FB page for details about this year.

• Like 1

define... infamous bathroom scene. If you're referring to the shit covered bathroom that appeared in 2006's Scareapy... complete with the god awful shit smell of overpowering doom.... yea, you're getting voted off the island.

By bathroom scene, I meant the decompising lady in the bathtub (wich I mentioned). The 4 wishes I had were about the Shining not Psychoscareapy.

And yeah, I would not want that scene back. Honestly, every year I fear what smells I may have to endure...lol.

My wishes::

A combination of set and roaming scare zones. Why not?

I like the freedom the streets were given to go anywhere they felt like being (restaurants locker areas exc)

Another gothic house.

Yep. That about sums it up....

I do not want to see another ac house THIS YEAR. In the future yes. This year? Please no.

Not another walking dead either. While I love the show and LOVED the set i was not thrilled with the house. Spare us.

Speaking of SS houses... has anyone read Salems Lot? There are a TON of scenes from that book that would translate into an HHN maze. Even aside from stuff that was in the movie, the book offers a bunch also. One scene I remember that involved a guy looking for his wife adn daughter after their car broke down in the winter... reading it was creepy as hell. I can imagine how spooky it would be in a house scene (this part was in the end of the book that I think was cut from the actual novel). Ill see if I can find. But what Im saying is that a Salems Lot house as a stand alone would be awesome too!

Yep, that's really the only King story that I'd want to see a house of. Well, that and The Mist.

Regarding the story set in winter, I believe it was released as a separate short story (much like the prequel story that has zip to do with vampires). Don't quote me on this, but I want to say it was called One for the Road.