Universal's House of Horrors

Mark M.

I enjoyed this house more this weekend than last. The rampaging Frank got me really good on Sunday. I was watching him, I knew he was there but then (FLASH) the next second he was right in front of me and got me good.

I will try the P&T glasses trick and see how it goes. I do like the house as-is though.

• Like 1

I was planning to hit this house right when the park opens this Saturday. Is that a good plan, or will it be too dark to enjoy the house?

Not sure about the light issue but my advice is to get to this later. This and Cooper don't seem to have the guests attention like some of the other houses do.

Get the more popular houses out of the way first. This could be a very fine capper for the night as I thought it to be one of the highlights of the event.

Edited by YourPallbearer
  • Like 2

Not sure about the light issue but my advice is to get to this later. This and Cooper don't seem to have the guests attention like some of the other houses do.

Get the more popular houses out of the way first. This could be a very fine capper for the night as I thought it to be one of the highlights of the event.

I noticed this as well, Friday night around 8:30 or so the lines for Silent Hill Gothic and Dead end were like 60 minutes or more, Alice Cooper and House of Horrors were 10 minutes, or 15, one side of the park was packed, long lines, the other side was kinda empty.

IF you time your entrance to House of horrors right you might even be able to do it all by yourself, it depends but I could see that happening

• Like 1

IF you time your entrance to House of horrors right you might even be able to do it all by yourself

After getting out of Cooper I ran into some friends that claimed to have done the HOUSE OF HORRORS practically alone after seeing that the sign advertised a 5 minute waiting time. Unfortunately when my group got there we weren't as lucky ("15 minutes", which was really more like 20) but had a great run through anyway.

Edited by YourPallbearer

I usually knock out the parade building and tents first. Usually the first hour I can knock out all 3 and I do the parade building first. Last year and the year before I have done the parade building first and both times our group has gone through without anyone in front of us.

I usually knock out the parade building and tents first. Usually the first hour I can knock out all 3 and I do the parade building first. Last year and the year before I have done the parade building first and both times our group has gone through without anyone in front of us.

Yeah its all a matter of when you go in the house. I usually hit the tents first. Back in 09 I was able to get through every tent and SAW in the first hour alone.

really really good time in this house tonight, this house is really warming up to my favorite, I still never will go to this house without the Penn/Teller Glasses,

Usually there is always 3 wolfmen at the beginning but this time there was only 2, I Really missed the third one this time... :(

• Like 1

Usually there is always 3 wolfmen at the beginning but this time there was only 2, I Really missed the third one this time... :(

There has only ever been two Wolfman in the scene. One on each side of the path. The only way you saw 3 is if for some reason you happened to catch a cast changeout... the only other body found in the Wolfman's scene is an op.

You should really go through without the glasses... they don't exactly enhance the house.

There has only ever been two Wolfman in the scene. One on each side of the path. The only way you saw 3 is if for some reason you happened to catch a cast changeout... the only other body found in the Wolfman's scene is an op.

You should really go through without the glasses... they don't exactly enhance the house.

I did the house two times before and both times there were 3 wolfman, that's pretty weird, and It didn't feel like a cast change, I mean, it must have been but both opening night and then the next week they were all 3 of them there, that sucks,

this house is almost the same as the In Between, I realized that last night, The In Between had a lot more effects but, same black light used, to me it does enhance it a lot,

specially because I never got scared in this house the first times, but now since I can't see the actors they surprise me and scare me,

I've been through the house at least 5 times so far and have only ever seen two wolfmen in their scene. The one on the right covers some serious ground though (back and forth behind his fence) so maybe it just appeared that there were 3 in there.

is there a mirror in that room? if not they should Definitely put a mirror there somewhere.

the first Friday night there were 3 wolfman, I remember the lady in front of me getting scared from them, then the next week Thursday I think, or friday, I saw 3 of them again, but maybe you are right about the one wolfman going back and forth on his fence,

but the first friday i saw 3 glowing in the dark wolf guys, i am sure of that

perhaps it is like Wesker said a cast change, I mean, if you guys say there are only 2, something must have happened when I went, but I saw 3, one by the wagon and 2 on the other side,

last night there were only the two you guys are mentioning,

It makes me wish they had 3

Well, there was a Full Moon the other night. Perhaps the Op fell under the curse of Lycanthropy???

:lol::lol:

that really made me laugh. All I remember my first two times was seeing 3 masks, I wanted to check if they had mirrors but i did not make it to that house

this house is almost the same as the In Between, I realized that last night, The In Between had a lot more effects but, same black light used, to me it does enhance it a lot,

specially because I never got scared in this house the first times, but now since I can't see the actors they surprise me and scare me,

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing the other night! The In Between is one of my all time favorites and there's something about this house, as it progressively gets better and better, that reminds me of that house. I had three amazing run throughs of this house on Friday...I made sure to make it my first house and every time I did it, I was able to leave a really decent gap between me and everyone else so I basically did this house by myself. I have to say, if you have the chance to do the house this way, DO IT! Absolutely terrifying! This house has EASILY jumped to my number three spot for this year's event and I honestly see it becoming one of my all time favorites by the end of the event! My hats off to you HoH! You guys are amazing!

• Like 3

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing the other night! The In Between is one of my all time favorites and there's something about this house, as it progressively gets better and better, that reminds me of that house. I had three amazing run throughs of this house on Friday...I made sure to make it my first house and every time I did it, I was able to leave a really decent gap between me and everyone else so I basically did this house by myself. I have to say, if you have the chance to do the house this way, DO IT! Absolutely terrifying! This house has EASILY jumped to my number three spot for this year's event and I honestly see it becoming one of my all time favorites by the end of the event! My hats off to you HoH! You guys are amazing!

yeah that's why like I was saying to Wesker the glasses for me really do enhance the house, the same black light that was used for the In Between is used here, so to me it just made sense to put on the glasses,

I agree with everyone else here - I had my best run yet last night through this house right at opening. The scares are really getting on target, and the finale is just insane in its goodness. I'm getting some major fondness for Frankenstein's creature - and is that Igor in close proximity to him? Couldn't quite tell, but love the interaction! I still wish I could soak in more of the sets that are there, but I still am overly concerned about crashing into the guests in front of me. Another great night!

• Like 1

I believe that is the Good Doctor himself. His face is that of Colin Clive. Igor, or rather Ygor was played by Bela Lugosi and did not appear until Son of Frankenstein. The Doctor's assistant in the first Frankenstein was a demented little hunchback named Fritz, played by Dwight Frye. In the scene we have in the house, Fritz is already dead... that's the shadow of his hanging corpse we see.

Colin-Clive.jpg

Colin Clive as Dr. Frankenstein, compare his face to the scareactor in question.

fritzfire.jpg

Dwight Frye as the cruel Fritz in Frankenstein.

frank310154.jpg

Fritz hung by the Monster in Frankenstein.

• Like 2

After this weekend, I was finally able to experience this house several times at night and the experience was much better. I still think that there are things that need to be improved and it's not my favorite house, but it does get better every time. I am growing very fond of the Frankenstein scenes as I feel that they are the scariest and the scareactors are the most aggressive. I hope to see this house get better and better since it deserves the honor as Universal pays tribute to its legacy of horror.

Just wanted to say that a couple of us have been stalking this thread like crazy, it is really nice to hear all the awesome feedback about the house. Sunday we actually read all the awesome comments out loud before going out. You guys are great, so thank you!

• Like 3