Universal's House of Horrors

Mark M.

My only gripe comes from the Creature from the Black Lagoon room. Creature on the left was doing an okay job moving around, but the one on the right was either not there, or not doing anything. I did see an Ops person in there at one point so maybe something happened. Either way, I saw zero scares, and zero scaring of the groups in front and behind me each time I went through.

^Our resident Michaelz was cast as "Creature" last night. He said that its nearly impossible to see half the time. And last night he was sweating so much his Creature pants were soaked.. and he apparently doesnt sweat that much when doing "Charging Frankenstein"...

But yea, im sure he'd love to tell you all about his love for working this scene :lol:

• Like 1

Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah it definitely doesn't seem like an ideal scene to work haha.

No hard feelings towards him at all, it just sticks out a lil bit when the rest of the house is so on point.

Was he Cast A?

Edited by madmonk

^Our resident Michaelz was cast as "Creature" last night. He said that its nearly impossible to see half the time. And last night he was sweating so much his Creature pants were soaked.. and he apparently doesnt sweat that much when doing "Charging Frankenstein"...

But yea, im sure he'd love to tell you all about his love for working this scene :lol:

Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah it definitely doesn't seem like an ideal scene to work haha.

No hard feelings towards him at all, it just sticks out a lil bit when the rest of the house is so on point.

Was he Cast A?

that explains it. I never really thought much about it but the Creature room is the one where sometimes I pass by and I don't see the actors or only see one. Usually they do good, but I can understand if that mask is a problem.

Did this house 6 times last night, and it was absolutely incredible every time.

I caught the entire first cast's set (Cast A? 6:00 - 7:00PM)

My only gripe comes from the Creature from the Black Lagoon room. Creature on the left was doing an okay job moving around, but the one on the right was either not there, or not doing anything. I did see an Ops person in there at one point so maybe something happened. Either way, I saw zero scares, and zero scaring of the groups in front and behind me each time I went through.

If you visited the house multiple times during that hour... You saw both cast's, not just one There's really no where to "hide" in there so if you don't see someone moving around, they are most likely not there.

Our resident Michaelz was cast as "Creature" last night. He said that its nearly impossible to see half the time. And last night he was sweating so much his Creature pants were soaked.. and he apparently doesnt sweat that much when doing "Charging Frankenstein"...

TMI sir, i'm sure no one wants to know this information <_<

Edited by Michaelz
  • Like 1

Cast change happens halfway between 6:00 and 7:00. Depending on which cast you saw, there was a creature missing. There's really no where to "hide" in there so if you don't see one moving around, they are most likely not there.

TMI sir, i'm sure no one wants to know this information <_<

I am going to start screaming "Michaelz when I go to this room :lol: no matter what cast. :D

Wolfmen = On point everytime

Brides of Dracula = multiple scares everytime

Dracula = Scares almost everytime

Mummy = Scares half the time

Phantom = Awesome job considering the limitations of your scene

Frankenstein hallway = Great ping-pong scares everytime

No love for the Bride of Frankenstein?! Aww...

Great run through of this house for me last night just before 11:00 PM! All scareactors were at their best and was as good or better than any of my many previous visits.

Wolfman got me very well, as did the Bride of Dracula who always tends to nail me, I never know just where she is... until too late. The Count himself got me pretty well as I was trying to recover from a burst of "rain". Creature (probably Michaelz) was rather delightful and Both Frankensteins got me for once. I usually get a good scare from the first, but timing finally worked out just right for the "rampaging" scene in the Bride room and he came right at me. It was worth the wait.

I noticed something I had never seen before last night. Upon exiting the Mummy's tomb and standing up, I saw next to the Mummy himself another Mummy walled up in the scene. It did not appear to be "painted on" the wall but appeared to be a three dimensional mannequin? Is this the Princess Ankh-es-en-amon?

The second time through last night near 2:00 AM was also good but a bit odd due to some scareactors having gone home at 1:00, choosing not to stay for extended hours. Most notably Frankenstein seemed a bit forlorn in the Bride scene without a Bride.

Sorry Bride :-(

I do love your scene to pieces, but your Rampaging husband steals the show for me in there. I caught you in reset almost everytime too, which is bad luck in timing on my part.

Next time I'll just bust down the hallway instead, he can go make dinner.

• Like 6

Also, does anyone happen to know the cute little couple that comes through this house for the first set almost every day? They are wearing shirts from here and they are awesome, I am not sure if they actually get scared every time or if they do it so we don't feel so bad! Hahaha

The second time through last night near 2:00 AM was also good but a bit odd due to some scareactors having gone home at 1:00, choosing not to stay for extended hours. Most notably Frankenstein seemed a bit forlorn in the Bride scene without a Bride.

She was totally there! Maybe lurking in the shadows...

Creature (probably Michaelz) was rather delightful and Both Frankensteins got me for once. I usually get a good scare from the first, but timing finally worked out just right for the "rampaging" scene in the Bride room and he came right at me. It was worth the wait.

I noticed something I had never seen before last night. Upon exiting the Mummy's tomb and standing up, I saw next to the Mummy himself another Mummy walled up in the scene. It did not appear to be "painted on" the wall but appeared to be a three dimensional mannequin? Is this the Princess Ankh-es-en-amon?

Alas good sir, I was not under the sea last night. You might ask "are you my mummy" instead. Speaking of mummies, next time you're exiting the tunnel, look higher and it's identity should be revealed.

To the closing cast Rampaging Frankenstein last night, thank you! I pointed you out to the people I was with, and slowed down just a little to see if I could catch your rampage. You saw me, did your thing, and came up in my face, despite the fact I was almost out of the room by that point. Awesome job!

I had a neat run through with cast B last night. Everyone was on point, and the scares were fun as always. I love Dracula's cape flourish (now you see me...). Also got more scares in the duck room walkaround, and more air shots from the Mummy himself as I walked around him.

I did find myself a bit confused in the Frankenstein rooms. The first creature did not greet me with his customary scare; however, the rampaging creature DID get right up in my face, followed by a delightful greeting that I haven't gotten before. So... did they switch? Did they change tactics? Confused...

That really doesn't matter to anyone but me, so... regardless of who/what/where, thank you everyone! You've continued to bring a really fun and scary experience here to some of my favorite characters ever!

wow the last room of this house today was very intense. I got scared almost by every actor. they were crazy!

The Frankenstein monster that is in the room with the Doctor Frankenstein Always scares me. I think he has scared me almost every single time I go to the house, I always turn around and Bam! there he is

I had a neat run through with cast B last night. Everyone was on point, and the scares were fun as always. Also got more scares in the duck room walkaround, and more air shots from the Mummy himself as I walked around him.

It was the least I could do, hopefully we'll see you again before the end of the run.

Edited by Michaelz
  • Like 1

For a house that was thrown together within like 2-3 weeks, this was by far one of the scariest houses for me since 2008's Dead Exposure. While it may not have the over-the-top set design like Gothic :rolleyes: , the fact that it was the Universal Classic Monsters are what made it so much better. I'm sure that even after 38 run throughs of this house, i still probably missed a few details that had been added.

Cast A & B, you were both pretty damn amazing each time I came through. Like I said, this was the only house to really get consistant scares out of me. I love the monsters so while this may not have been the "greatest house ever", both casts made it something to remember.

Thanks for proving that even the classics can STILL be scary! :D

• Like 2

When I first went through this house I was not that impressed but as the weeks went on this became one of my top favorite houses. Props to Frankenstein charging through the wooden planks, I heard it took some time to master that scare.