Universal's House of Horrors

Mark M.

We hit this house first on Sunday night and had the entire house to ourselves (which is freaking incredible if anyone gets the chance).

Got a double wolfman attack from both sides (perfect timing BTW) and Bride of Dracula got us 3 times in her room. Missed the Dracula at the end of the hall, but he got Wesker (who was walking behind us).

Got to see the entire Frankenstein rampage scene (I didn't know he actually busts through the "wooden" slats in the hallway, super cool scene) and the finale was as epic as it ever was. Getting completely surrounded by classic monster faces is more intimidating than it sounds haha.

Thanks to all the actors in this house for making it one of my favorites of the year. I hope to see you many more times before the event is finished.

• Like 2

just gives me goosebumps to look at that. get so scared on that room, This house tonight was as great as ever, first Frankenstein monster got me So freaking bad I almost jumped before, then I get to this room and get scared like 3 times in a row. Wolfman scared me a lot in the first room too. really really awesome, is only getting better and better. qPJnt.gif

Two great runthroughs on Thursday, got to see both casts. I had previously said that the darkness in the house was working negatively for me, regardless of if it was day or night. I was wrong. I got to do a night time run on Thursday, and I was finally able to pay attention to the sets and actors, instead of worrying about running into the folks ahead of me in line. Special shoutout to Frankenstein's monster on cast B - your greeting never goes out of style, regardless of where I find you. Also props to both sets of finale actors - each seems to have a different way to implement their group scares, but both are very effective - and fun!

I also feel really bad in the Mummy area - the go-around for the duck room comes out BEHIND the mummy at the end, so I have to always interrupt him to get around him. But the cast B Mummy was kind enough to shoot me with the air cannon. A lot. A whole lot. And I liked it...

You are all classics! :)

• Like 3

After a recent double run through on HOUSE OF HORRORS I'm going to have to raise my rating up by one point (now a 8/10). Didn't notice the "Frankenstein Monster rampage" upon my initial visit (was it there in late September?) and the two (three?) Wolfmen really learned how to utilize their scene.

Also, I never noticed the Dracula mannequin above the scareactor Dracula. Nice touch.

A minute objection are some of the heights of the scareactors. Bela Lugosi was over 6 feet tall and Karloff was nearing that height. Why did I tower over Dracula and The Mummy?

I'm only 5'7".

A big objection are the obnoxious Universal Delegates who usher you in and out of scenes. One woman was already screaming at me to exit the Frankenstein room immediately upon entering it. I just ignored her.

Edited by YourPallbearer
  • Like 1

Not as effective as DE in my opinion.

It would've been as affective as 2008's DE, if not more so, had the house been erected from day one.

Didn't notice the "Frankenstein Monster rampage" upon my initial visit (was it there in late September?) and the two (three?) Wolfmen really learned how to utilize their scene.

A minute objection are some of the heights of the scareactors. Bela Lugosi was over 6 feet tall and Karloff was nearing that height. Why did I tower over Dracula and The Mummy?I'm only 5'7".

Charging Frankenstein in the Bride of Frankenstein scene has always been there since opening weekend.

There are only 2 Wolfman scareactors in the Wolfman scene, they just know how to really work their two spots.

You can't complain about the height of the scareactors. Especially since there are quite a few in this house that are ABU/Firecrew having to fill in the role. The other weekend, some douchebag went through during (i think) Cast B and punched out like 7 of the cast members in the house. So you're looking at roughly 4 holes that need to be filled nightly that aren't occupied by the swing. Otherwise, yes, normally the height of each monster is slightly accurate.

• Like 1

I also noticed this past weekend that the hanging body of Fritz the Hunchback has been added to the scene in addition to the shadow previously seen. This thoroughly confirms the second scareactor in that scene to be Dr. Frankenstein himself.

I'm not sure how you missed it but the hanging body has been there from the beginning ;)

ok this house was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been wait for HHN to do a classic monsters house and this completely delivered!

Special props to the Wolfman's in the first room. Those dude were ON! My first time through the house the double teamed me and scared the shit out of me!

GREAT GREAT GREAT house! Kudos to everyone involved! Really made my trip down that this house was so cool!

• Like 1

Did this house twice on Sunday and it was my second favorite. The frankenstein scene is probably the greatest scare I've seen in my three times going to HHN. Me and the girlfriend are staring at him and saying thats cool and then bam he is running straight at you. The creature got me both times I went through also and the ending is really well done.

• Like 1

Tonight during one of the 3 walkthroughs... we happened to catch the hanging body in the Frankenstein hallway "swing"... its not something I had notice any of the previous 20-something times.

Charging Frankenstein was on his A-game tonight.. great timing with the split-second darkness & appearing right infront of everyone.

Almost forgot to mention, on Friday the 12th, in the finale room I ran into my reflection and stood there for a few moments to get my barrings when I was promptly (but lightly) shoved back into the right direction. The shover was Frankenstein's creation.

Edited by YourPallbearer

I have a mind like a steel sieve...

Another shout out, from last night right at close. Got repeatedly "aired" by the mummy in the walk around area, plus got to exchange applause with the mummy at the exit to the duck room. Also, CFTBL followed me and swiped... all... along... the bridge. Great end of night interaction, thanks to all for the fun in this house!

Did this house 6 times last night, and it was absolutely incredible every time.

I caught the entire first cast's set (Cast A? 6:00 - 7:00PM)

My only gripe comes from the Creature from the Black Lagoon room. Creature on the left was doing an okay job moving around, but the one on the right was either not there, or not doing anything. I did see an Ops person in there at one point so maybe something happened. Either way, I saw zero scares, and zero scaring of the groups in front and behind me each time I went through.

Everything else was absolutely fantastic!

Wolfmen = On point everytime

Brides of Dracula = multiple scares everytime

Dracula = Scares almost everytime

Mummy = Scares half the time

Phantom = Awesome job considering the limitations of your scene

Frankenstein hallway = Great ping-pong scares everytime

Special shout out to Rampage Frankenstein's monster in the Lab (Cast A). You my friend are the master of your scene! Incredible energy throughout your entire set (and I saw just about your entire set). Mucho props on the fast reset and explosiveness of your rampage effect.

Finale monsters, holy hell you guys were aggressive last night.

Great job and one of my favorite houses of the event.

Thanks for an awesome ton of runs :-)

• Mark M. changed the title to Universal's House of Horrors