Universal's House of Horrors

Mark M.

This is why you and I will get along famously...every time we hit that room room in DE with the mannequins and live scareactors mixed, I made it a point to walk as slow as possible...regardless of how many people were pushing us from behind...I wanted to enjoy that room to its fullest extent :)

I can identify with that. That was me last year, walking slowly through The Forsaken last year. Alone. A lot.

Hoping for the same luck with this Parade House this year.

• Like 1

Yeah, see my issue is that I tend to unintentionally go through houses quickly, not from fear, but because I'm really excited to see what's in the next room! :) Thankfully, with an event like HHN, I can blitz through it the first time, and then do it again and take it all in a bit better. And I plan on doing that a lot with this house, especially if there are strobes. I want to see as much detail as possible.

Funny little story to give you an idea on how I handle haunts: I was in MA last month for work, and ended up with a day to kill (thank you, American Airlines). So I hopped on over to Salem, MA, and did a couple year-round haunted houses there. Went through both of them solo, and was told on the second that I could make it as scary as I wanted. I told them to make it the scariest they could, and the guy yelled out that there was a 10 coming through. All I can say is, it could have been scarier. And I even tried to take my time through it too!

First time through, I'm the same way Ryan...it's like a kid on Christmas morning, you wanna see what surprises the next room has in store! Once we have discovered the houses that we really want to experience thoroughly, that's when we go back through several times, as slow as the pace will allow, so that we have a chance to take everything in.

Like you we plan on doing that with this house if the strobes and lightening effects are going to be as exceptional as we are hoping.

I can identify with that. That was me last year, walking slowly through The Forsaken last year. Alone. A lot.

Hoping for the same luck with this Parade House this year.

LOL...this sounds familiar, like something I would do...why yes, because we did the exact same thing! It's nice on those slower nights when you can really take your time walking through a house, taking in all the details and appreciating the hard work that goes into them.

• Like 3

The House of Horrors will feature 2 firsts in HHN history: 1) In one room you will have to duck and crouch to get through while scareactors will be scaring from all sides, and above. 2) The final room of this house will feature the most number of scareactors ever had in a single room. Good luck getting out.

219346_10151075411468233_1435563548_o.jpg

From the HHN Orlando Facebook.

Edited by Dr. D
  • Like 2

The House of Horrors will feature 2 firsts in HHN history: 1) In one room you will have to duck and crouch to get through while scareactors will be scaring from all sides, and above. 2) The final room of this house will feature the most number of scareactors ever had in a single room. Good luck getting out.

219346_10151075411468233_1435563548_o.jpg

From the HHN Orlando Facebook.

if that is true, that just puts a smile on my face :)

The new photos they've uploaded make me VERY excited. Judging by the pics, I'm guessing:

Nosferatu/Dracula

DSC7677_Nos.jpg

Frankenstein (the hanging corpse is how the movie starts, IIRC)

DSC7620_Hang.jpg

The Phantom of the Opera

DSC7639_Organ.jpg

Not sure about this one, though. The file is called Grind.

DSC7655_Grind.jpg

I can already tell I'm going to be going through this house a LOT. In fact, this may be my most anticipated house of the entire haunt season this year, Chicago and Orlando houses combined!

Does anyone get this hunch that they may have used the same layout and walls from Forsaken last year with a "House of Horrors" overhaul in a sense? I only say this because something about that organ room looks similar to the walls used from Forsaken. This could just be me jumping to conclusions though haha

Does anyone get this hunch that they may have used the same layout and walls from Forsaken last year with a "House of Horrors" overhaul in a sense? I only say this because something about that organ room looks similar to the walls used from Forsaken. This could just be me jumping to conclusions though haha

Well they DO recycle old props but walls... Not quite sure.

I'm anticipating MULTIPLE walkthroughs for me during the passholder party on Sept 22nd...gonna get my fill early and often. This house looks like its gonna be freakin awesome!

Wow completely forgot about the Passholder party! I'll be doing the same.

• Like 1

2) The final room of this house will feature the most number of scareactors ever had in a single room. Good luck getting out.

*Begin prayer to the HHN line gods*

When going through this house, please for the love of all things holy, do not let me ever get stuck behind a group of teenage girls who repeatedly backup and scream when attempting to go through this final room. I may just have to be the catalyst that shoves them all through it.

*End prayer to HHN line gods*

• Like 4

So we will have to Duck and Crouch at some point in this house. Hopefully A&D kept us husky guys in mind when they thought of this concept... :D

Howl-o-scream used an effect like this in one of their houses. You had to duck through a wall to "escape" the prison you were in. If this effect is anything like the one used at Howl-o-scream used husky guys (saying this as a husky guy myself) should have no problem getting through.

• Like 1

So we will have to Duck and Crouch at some point in this house. Hopefully A&D kept us husky guys in mind when they thought of this concept... :D

And the drunks like me and my group...though if one of us is stupid enough to hit our heads (I place the odds at about 97% after 4 nights of attending) the other 6 of us will be walking around the park for the next 90+ minutes pantomiming hitting our heads on imaginary things and busting dummy's balls.

Sorta like when I got "lost" in Disoriumtorium :)

I wonder if the duck and crouch room was designed by A&D to specifically see how many drunk people can make it through this section without beating the living shit out of themselves.

I can see it now, people walking around with black and blue marks on their foreheads...and other people pointing and being like "House of Horrors" right?

• Like 1

I wonder if the duck and crouch room was designed by A&D to specifically see how many drunk people can make it through this section without beating the living shit out of themselves.

I can see it now, people walking around with black and blue marks on their foreheads...and other people pointing and being like "House of Horrors" right?

I'm picturing a LOST N FOUND of broken sunglasses that are propped up on your head that get smashed into the obstacle...then having to do the "walk of shame" to see if they have them in some box in an office B)

I'm picturing a LOST N FOUND of broken sunglasses that are propped up on your head that get smashed into the obstacle...then having to do the "walk of shame" to see if they have them in some box in an office B)

I worked in guest services for many years and let me tell you, the time of year with the most plethora of all things lost...HHN.

Add in houses with rooms like this, oh hell to the yes, there are going to be some lost hats, sunglasses and the like.... :)

• Like 2

I worked in guest services for many years and let me tell you, the time of year with the most plethora of all things lost...HHN.

Add in houses with rooms like this, oh hell to the yes, there are going to be some lost hats, sunglasses and the like.... :)

Ummmm, my friend and I were messing around in the Kiddie Zone of Aquatica (??? Sea World Water Park) a few years ago and he lost his glasses. That was embarrassing as he was SOBER. Of course, I lost my Rx glasses a night later on the beach and had to wear a friend's different contact lenses Rx. No...neither of us ever recovered our glasses...so if you find some on the beach of Cocoa Beach, they might be mine!

It's funny now, but this low hanging area could kick our @$$es in 3 weeks (the other glasses moron is part of my group heading down).

PS - while we are dumb drunks, we're HAPPY dumb drunks who keep to ourselves...and make fun of ourselves. We're all pushing 40 in NY and fly down for a long weekend to unwind and take cabs to and from our hotel/resort. But we do squeeze in 3 months worth of drinking in 4 days and can be very entertaining to watch.

• Like 1

Ummmm, my friend and I were messing around in the Kiddie Zone of Aquatica (??? Sea World Water Park) a few years ago and he lost his glasses. That was embarrassing as he was SOBER. Of course, I lost my Rx glasses a night later on the beach and had to wear a friend's different contact lenses Rx. No...neither of us ever recovered our glasses...so if you find some on the beach of Cocoa Beach, they might be mine!

It's funny now, but this low hanging area could kick our @$$es in 3 weeks (the other glasses moron is part of my group heading down).

PS - while we are dumb drunks, we're HAPPY dumb drunks who keep to ourselves...and make fun of ourselves. We're all pushing 40 in NY and fly down for a long weekend to unwind and take cabs to and from our hotel/resort. But we do squeeze in 3 months worth of drinking in 4 days and can be very entertaining to watch.

It's amazing what stupid things you can do sober, let alone drunk isn't it? LOL

I'm actually very curious to see how the duck and crouch section of this house will work out for everyone, sober, drunk and all in between. You just know someone is going to beat the living shit out of themselves in some way, shape or form.

We are the exact same kind of drunks...the happy kind who make fun of themselves and who drink once a year during haunt season and cause no one but our livers problems.... :)

• Mark M. changed the title to Universal's House of Horrors