HHN 22 Discussion

A comment from Uni: (This is located in the comments of a question regarding safe zones)

"Who said shops and bathrooms will be safe zones...?"

If someone can link or get a screenshot of the comment it would be appreciated. I have only phone access right now and well, I'm still technologically impaired. Also, if anyone is willing to teach me how to do these thing via phone it would be appreciated.

• Like 1

That would just be.... annoying... and I would hope bathrooms are "safe" I can't pee with a dude standing behind me... <_<

And I'm pretty sure there are laws against it.

Oh and this was posted

184054_10151068832193233_1524947606_n.jpg

I like the idea of no "safe zones" and I really wouldn't mind if they scared people in the women's restroom. It could cut down the lines!

Seriously, I hate waiting in lines for the houses so I get the express pass. The women's restrooms need express passes. I would do pay for it, no matter how much it cost.

But you're probably right, laws and such. Blah...

Love the pic. P&T looks awesome so far.

Edited it down to just show the question and comment from Uni.

Whosays.png

that could never happen, not only would it be weird, but I could see someone trying to run from the bathroom, slipping on the wet floor and breaking their face,

or in a shop someone using the excuse that they got scared to run out of the shop with merchandise in their hands they did not pay for,

I could see someone started screaming and running out with a Spongebob in their hands :lol:

even if the answer was meant as a joke, it would just never work, too much problems would rise from it

That would just be.... annoying... and I would hope bathrooms are "safe" I can't pee with a dude standing behind me... <_<

And I'm pretty sure there are laws against it.

Oh and this was posted

184054_10151068832193233_1524947606_n.jpg

from the pics and the descriptions I've been seeing, I am starting to get the feeling this house will be a little more cheesy than I expected, I know it is the humor house, but it is starting to seem like this will be cheesier and sillier than expected

that could never happen, not only would it be weird, but I could see someone trying to run from the bathroom, slipping on the wet floor and breaking their face,

or in a shop someone using the excuse that they got scared to run out of the shop with merchandise in their hands they did not pay for,

I could see someone started screaming and running out with a Spongebob in their hands :lol:

even if the answer was meant as a joke, it would just never work, too much problems would rise from it

Plus youve got the hazard of someone running into merch and breaking said merchandise in the stores.

Its clear to see they were just messing around with the person.

Edited by Dr. D
  • Like 1

I think all the hype is giving false expectations. In this sue happy world, someone trips and plants their face on the sidewalk, or slips in a bathroom, or knocks over a display of merchandise... then there will be lawsuits. I know Universal isn't that stupid... but why give the impression they are?

• Like 2

Quoted from my FFP+Express ticket for this year's event that I'm holding in my hand: "By accepting admission with this ticket, you agree to release the owners of Universal from all responsibility for any loss, injury or damage, which you may incur as our guest." My guess would be that that's on all the tickets.

So they've got themselves covered, should there be an issue like this. I don't know what they'll do, but if there really are no safe areas, then they've got a legal waiver built into every ticket.

Quoted from my FFP+Express ticket for this year's event that I'm holding in my hand: "By accepting admission with this ticket, you agree to release the owners of Universal from all responsibility for any loss, injury or damage, which you may incur as our guest." My guess would be that that's on all the tickets.

So they've got themselves covered, should there be an issue like this. I don't know what they'll do, but if there really are no safe areas, then they've got a legal waiver built into every ticket.

Yeah, that's not how law works.

There will be safe zones. There is this thing called hype, I don't know if Facebook has heard of it or not.

• Like 2

I think all the hype is giving false expectations. In this sue happy world, someone trips and plants their face on the sidewalk, or slips in a bathroom, or knocks over a display of merchandise... then there will be lawsuits. I know Universal isn't that stupid... but why give the impression they are?

To advertise. They're going to play up the "no safe zones" as much as possible, with it being the tagline for the event.

Said the same thing on last year's tickets.

It's probably hype, but I wonder if we are looking at this with all options in mind?

Why does it have to be scareactors? What if it's something more like Moaning Myrtle?

A quick sound of breaking glass, zombie moans, banging noises, there are a number of noises that could produce a quick startle scare.

I still want away to shorten the wait time in the women's restroom.

• Like 2

It's probably hype, but I wonder if we are looking at this with all options in mind?

Why does it have to be scareactors? What if it's something more like Moaning Myrtle?

A quick sound of breaking glass, zombie moans, banging noises, there are a number of noises that could produce a quick startle scare.

I still want away to shorten the wait time in the women's restroom.

I have a surefire way to shorten the bathroom line because I've DONE IT - purely unintentional though.. All you have to do is pony up the $15 and take 15 minutes to get your face painted. When you walk into the bathroom looking hideous, there are women in there who will run out. It happens to me every. single. year. Because the makeup is so light, I always forget I have it on until I look in a mirror, so I'm usually wondering what the hell they're running from. Turns out, it's me. LOL

• Like 6

Yeah, that's not how law works.

There will be safe zones. There is this thing called hype, I don't know if Facebook has heard of it or not.

Well, I'm by no means a lawyer, and know very little about civil or criminal law for the state of Illinois, let alone Florida. Just throwing it out there that it looks like they've already set themselves up for a defense should something happen.

Said the same thing on last year's tickets.

I'm assuming it's on every ticket, including general admission. It's a blanket statement that HHN would also fall under.

We won't really have an idea how much is hype and how much will actually be different until the first night. But it "seems" that if they wanted to do it, as long as they didn't start chasing people halfway across the park or into restricted, back stage areas, they are within their rights and are keeping things reasonably safe. And, as stated on the ticket, you agreed to those terms when you entered. But again, I'm not a lawyer, and am just speculating.

Does anyone know how HOS did their one park scare zone last year? Did they have safe areas?

"By accepting admission with this ticket, you agree to release the owners of Universal from all responsibility for any loss, injury or damage, which you may incur as our guest."

This doesnt hold up in ANY court anywhere.

They are just playing up the no safe zone stuff. Its silly to think otherwise.... somewhere some 15 year old kid is talking to his friend saying "At HHN there is nowhere you can go that the monsters cant get you! Its should be pretty intense! We should go!" Or something like that.... ha!

Long gone are the days of Fright Nights when scareactors could and would chase your ass down. Like Jeramy said, it's a sue happy world nowadays. All it would take is someone tripping on a curb and busting their ankle whilst running from a zombie/vampire/beast etc. to bring a lawsuit on Uni, hell and everyone involved with that zone.

You'd like to think people are smart and would realize it's all make believe and not run screaming. I'm here to tell you, people are downright stupid. They wouldn't just run, they'd run into other people, inantimate objects, etc. They hit scareactors, other guests. It would be total pandamonium...even moreso than it can be already.

If anything this whole not having any safe zones is nothing but hype. Sure it'd be cool if that was the truth, but I think we all know that won't be the case.

• Like 1

I didn't really see any scare actors anywhere but a few times

I know a few years ago at HOS they had "sliders" with metal knee pads and ran around the whole park. I believe that was the only roaming group that year and I saw them a few times. All they did was walk around and just run up and slide at you.

It was good for one group....But I don't think HHN will have all the zones roaming. There would be too much confusion and they would run into each other all the time, unless they just alternated spots throughout the night but then the street construction would have to be very general or else you would see the Prisoner CDT running around in the Vampire set area and you would be like wtf?? that doesn't make sense lol

but then the street construction would have to be very general

If you look at the construction pictures, this is exactly what is happening.

So far, I like our street backstory. It is the one year that set design won't totally take me out of the story.

I'm always distracted by the set pieces because I know they are set pieces. Seeing Mel's, Rockit, HMU, Simpsons, any of the attractions really takes me out of the zone. This year Uni is the backstory and the sets make sense.