HHN 22 Discussion

The commercial makes me even more excited for this year...which I didn't think was possible.

I love the look on the guys face as he turns around from closing the gate and sees the all the various forms of the Dark Legions behind him. He looks like he's thinking "REALLY? You've GOT to be freaking kidding me."

LOVE, love, love it...short, sweet and to the point... :)

• Like 3

Best commercial since '08 hands down. Good thing we didn't get screwed by the IPs like in '09.

If I had to change anything, I'd replace the voice-over at the end with the regular HHN voice.

Coming from the campy and cheesy Lady Luck TV Ad last year, that's a hell of an improvement.

Kudos to Uni.

• Like 3

In the group shot it looks like this to me, from left to right:

Zombie in white shirt.

Vampire

Werewolf/Beast in back

Traditional Halloween with Cleaver and mask.

Some kind of Moleman looking thing.

Dragon Warrior with the horns.

And a white faced deformed female prisoner.

Zombie in white shirt.

Vampire

Werewolf/Beast in back

I too noticed the werewolf looking thing, which makes me a happy person. :). However, I also noticed it looked like it was on stilts.

Wasn't to sure if I liked it at first because I thought "and here's the Walking Dead commercial for this year." But once it got to the part with the Dark Legions I was like "F*#@ YEAH!"

Zombie in white shirt.

Vampire

Werewolf/Beast in back

commercialp.png

• Like 2

I've said some harsh things about the website and Universal's method of revealing stuff this year, but I have to give credit where it's due. This is a damn good commercial, which I absolutely did not expect. I thought it'd cave to the IPs, but instead it actually stays true to the tagline, highlighting both original content AND IP content. As already stated somewhere above this post, best since '08.

Though I find it slightly amusing that the walking dead are in a full blown sprint. :D

• Like 1

Omg, I actually really LOVED this years commercial. Like above, this is the best advertisement since 2008. Like at first, I thought it was just generic zombie commercial, but from when they locked themselves behind the gate all the way to the end was where I was like "THAT WAS AWESOME!" .Outstanding commercial!

Zombie in white shirt.

Vampire

Werewolf/Beast in back

I actually think the girl with the white face in a Vampire. It's very Buffy style.

I asked him about why so many IP houses and no overall theme

4 IP houses isn't really that many... not compared to 2007 or 2009.

And no over-all theme? The website survey flat out told us TWD was our "event theme", BUT if you read the scarezone page on the website, it pretty much tells us that our overall theme is The Iniquitus and their legions. Whether we find out more or not, thats our backstory/theme.

• Like 3

This is why Patrick Braillard is one of the coolest A&D's at UO. He actually responds to the fans! I asked him about why so many IP houses and no overall theme or scarezones and this is what he had to say:

Convo.jpg

hahahaha. And I'm quoting you directly from the HNN facebook...

"Universal dropped the ball this year! Too many IP houses from Hollywood, NO ICON, no individual atmospheric scarezones, only 7 hourses, and a aweful boring website. I smell that Comcast is behind this lackluster year!"

Harvey, Harvey, Harvey, Harvey.

Edited by armyofrobots
  • Like 1

^ That was written mostly because I was angry that the reveal sucked and they hadn't released the street atmosphere descriptions so I felt very disappointed at the time. Plus the walking dead is overrated and didn't want it to be the theme this year nor did I want the event to become like Hollywood! And I sent him that message the same time I posted that on the HHN page so both messages had to do with the same thing.

Edited by HHN Explorer