HHN 22 Speculation

That top right picture actually looks more like The Bogeyman that was being discussed in the Silent Hill thread. That's just what it looks like though haha my eyes ain't quite what they used to be :P

The boogeyman has a trench coat.

That top right picture actually looks more like The Bogeyman that was being discussed in the Silent Hill thread. That's just what it looks like though haha my eyes ain't quite what they used to be :P

Yeah. If you blow it up you can see the mask of The Bogeyman, but can't tell if he"s holding a giant hammer.

There are several derivatives of the cult members and many wear a gas mask. They go by names like cult members, order soldiers, miners, etc. But pretty much each game (and the movie) had their own derivative.

The boogeyman was only in the most recent game and he has a very distinct look (The hooded trench coat with a massive cinder block hammer).

However, that isn't to say we wont see him. Although to me that would be kind of weird. He, the butcher, and Pyramid Head are the same character in different personas.

I know some people are against IP houses, but looking at the facade with the rock on one side and the jeep on the other and looking ahead you see the Silent Hill sign through the falling ash and suddenly you jump when the siren goes off, and you're not even inside the house yet.

This house should be awesome and I can't wait.

• Like 2

The scene the guy is working on is called Sanctum. It also says SS22 but we already knew that. It's also worth pointing out that Hollywood is getting the Bogeyman in their Silent Hill house so it's a good chance we will to.

New post from Ifrit:

"so you dare assume that you know all I know? Prepare then. Prepare for tomorrow's inferno."

Can't post the pic bc I'm mobile (mods, help?)...but I say, bring it on, hot stuff :P

(Reference to fire, Ifrit being a fire demon/creature. Also, Dante's Inferno....)

2fe0e394ed7e11e1a9d822000a1e9de9_7.jpg

Is it possible that Ifrit could be the Icon?

So....is the walking dead the...theme...? It always seemed like just one of the properties to me...

"AMC's hit horror series The Walking Dead is coming to this year's event."

For all the excitement they put into that, they mind as well have said: "We are out of toilet paper. Please plan accordingly." With only one sentence to convince the public that they have to go this year, Universal really brought out the big guns. No apparent motto, not even an exclamation point. Just a bland statement informing you of The Walking Dead's arrival as if the Marketing itself thought this was relatively unremarkable. Genius. :rolleyes:

Edited by Blizzrock13

Is it possible that Ifrit could be the Icon?

While many people (like the person who posted the cup above me) believe there will be no icon bc it hasn't been talked about/featured/anything by universal, ever since this Ifrit character came around and started shelling out clues, I felt like it would make for an awesome icon. Much like the Usher in 09 actually...not featured in marketing much or the houses, but pulls the whole event together in a way.

So....is the walking dead the...theme...? It always seemed like just one of the properties to me...

"AMC's hit horror series The Walking Dead is coming to this year's event."

Mind = blown. With only one sentence to convince the public that they have to go this year, Universal really brought out the big guns. No apparent motto, not even an exclamation point. Just a bland statement informing you of The Walking Dead's arrival as if the Marketing itself thought this was relatively unremarkable. Genius. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't think TWD is the theme. It would be overkill IMO. I think TWD is a HUGE success and universal is basically cashing in on that fact. Fans of TWD will feel a NEED to see their show come to life, and bam, you have a whole new audience of HHN virgins. Ta-da! I think we can't make a final theme decision until the full reveal comes. But until then...speculating is fun!

Side note: I just finished watching Insidious for the 10000th time...anyone think it's totally out of the realm of the possible for the Victorian/LT house to be taking pointers from that movie?

The boogeyman has a trench coat.

No I don't...oh, you mean the OTHER boogeyman. Carry on!

Side note: I just finished watching Insidious for the 10000th time...anyone think it's totally out of the realm of the possible for the Victorian/LT house to be taking pointers from that movie?

I REALLY hope so. Even as I watched that movie for the first time in theaters, I could see the potential. Such a treasure trove there for them to mine...

I honestly don't think TWD is the theme. It would be overkill IMO. I think TWD is a HUGE success and universal is basically cashing in on that fact. Fans of TWD will feel a NEED to see their show come to life, and bam, you have a whole new audience of HHN virgins. Ta-da! I think we can't make a final theme decision until the full reveal comes. But until then...speculating is fun!

I have heard a lot of people saying they are going for the first time Just because of Walking Dead, from friends to people on facebook, to people on other forums, this has made a lot of people curious, add to that Silent hill, which is making some HHN virgins freaking out as well, some people don't know anything about HHN at all, yet the fact that Silent Hill is coming to life is making them want to go.

I agree Insidious would make a great movie, specially if they did it like the last half of the movie, when they cross over, a really dark house, with very dim lights and Demons (not ghosts) attacking you would be really great.

I still want to unearth a Hellmouth. Or the First Evil. Or a Spike to take home for later.

I vote Spike.

2008's "Scary Tales: Once Upon A Nightmare" featured the priests of The First. The scribes seen at the beginning & end of the house were the priests, if you got the chance to really look at their mask, their eyes were "X'd" out. It has been said that there is a good chance other Buffy monsters could find their way to HHN. It is unlikely we will ever see an actual house like HHN Hollywood did in 2000 though... "Buffy & Angel's Hellmouth Haunt".

I honestly don't think TWD is the theme. It would be overkill IMO.

Having TWD as the event theme would be the equivalent to Hollywood having TWD as a house & their Terror Tram. So be thankful we're not having two "haunts" based on TWD like they are, although we do have a zombie SZ.... which is unnecessary.

2008's "Scary Tales: Once Upon A Nightmare" featured the priests of The First. The scribes seen at the beginning & end of the house were the priests, if you got the chance to really look at their mask, their eyes were "X'd" out. It has been said that there is a good chance other Buffy monsters could find their way to HHN. It is unlikely we will ever see an actual house like HHN Hollywood did in 2000 though... "Buffy & Angel's Hellmouth Haunt".

Yet another reason I despise the poverty that prevented me from attending 18. :( But thank for the info anyways.

H is 4 points, I think. At least, it is according to Wiki. However, the Afrikaans version does list H as being 2 points. Again, according to Wikipedia.

EDIT: C is in that picture. It's not C. Here's a darkened version of the pic. The only one I can't identify is the letter between the D,N, and U on the left.

EDIT 2: Actually, looking at a blown up version, I think that letter is a J.

tiles.jpg

Oops my bad, you're right. Thought that was an O. Ok, so the missing letters are H, O, and R. And I was totally looking at Scrabble in a different language by accident lol....

H=4

O=1

R=1

My bad! :)

EDIT:

lol sorry guys...it's friday morning, no amount of caffeine can get my brain fully functional right now :x yay for figuring it out! HORROR makes sense....

....rocky horror picture show? hehehehe *wishful thinking*

....or American Horror Story....I could totally keep going with this. I'll stop for now :x

Edited by justchristy

The scribes seen at the beginning & end of the house were the priests, if you got the chance to really look at their mask, their eyes were "X'd" out.

Were their eyes x'd out because of bloody Mary, tying her more into the house?

And as cool as more Buffy monsters would be.... I CAN'T be the only person who would love a house based on Supernatural.

• Like 1