HHN 22 Speculation

And I still can't help but think that "steering away from the ore" is a play on words for "oar" and, added to the fact that people saw canoes backstage, that some sort of Native American/Pocahontas/Aztec/thing is going on. And all the Pocahontas clues we got earlier, too...

I've seen you post this twice now, so I'm going to help you out before you go way off down the wrong path. When did people see canoes backstage? I must have missed that post.

Regardless. There are clues out there regarding the Native Americans, but it's not to do with a house. Nor would it have anything to do with canoes. You're thinking too literally.

And I can't believe you made the Coney Island reference. Granted, I haven't seen it, but that thing instinctively feels like an unnecessary sequel of Disney proportions.

Its much better than people give it credit. Definitely not unnecessary (as long as you never ever see the short-lived original london production of awfulness)... The australian production is on Bluray/Dvd just sayin..

:lol:

10 YEARS OOOOOOOOLLLLD.

Sorry. Phantom humor, I couldn't resist.

I'd expect nothing less... CHECKS! DOTS! STRIPES!

(and now i seriously hope you were trying to drink something while reading that because i know you probably would've spewed it everywhere due to trying to hold in laughter)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for something NEW & worth speculating upon...

It has been confirmed to me that there seems to have been 4 people cast as "Grim Reapers" in Central Park. That would be 2 per cast. If you all remember, Central Park was rumored/unconfirmed to be "ghosts"... I'll try to do a little more digging and see what I can "unearth" (see what i did there?)

Now it is probably highly unlikely that Central Park is going to be the same as Hollywood's scarezone from last year due to it including chainsaws, but I figured I would point it out anyway since it could have a similar flair as far as theme, but with Orlando's knack for set design & execution in this location...

YMNaR.jpg

You say this, I instinctively read Wendigo. So stop getting my hopes up!

I just had to google what that was, so safe to say... No. That's not what I was referring to! Bahaha.

I'd expect nothing less... CHECKS! DOTS! STRIPES!

(and now i seriously hope you were trying to drink something while reading that because i know you probably would've spewed it everywhere due to trying to hold in laughter)

STRIPES! I wasn't drinking anything, but I laughed all the same.

It has been confirmed to me that there seems to have been 4 people cast as "Grim Reapers" in Central Park. That would be 2 per cast. If you all remember, Central Park was rumored/unconfirmed to be "ghosts"... I'll try to do a little more digging and see what I can "unearth" (see what i did there?)

I'd heard Central Park was going to feature "adult" trick or treaters, so I'd come to assume CP and Kidzone would be connected in a large Halloween-themed zone. Not sure what to think about it for now, with Grim Reapers included.

And yes... I see what you did there. :lol:

Edited by Lizz

I'd heard Central Park was going to feature "adult" trick or treaters, so I'd come to assume CP and Kidzone would be connected in a large Halloween-themed zone. Not sure what to think about it for now, with Grim Reapers included.

Gee... you'd think Kidzone would be more suited for "adult" trick or treaters since they added those stripper poles randomly around the area... unless those are meant for RTU... we all know how naughty those guests can be :o

Charles just reported on the DTF FB page/twitter that the stripper poles in kidzone now have lightning on them. He should have pics up a little later, but the Trick or Treaters are supposed to be cast in Kidzone. Unless we're getting something different... just like Central Park was rumored to be ghosts & now there are apparently "Grim Reapers" cast there.

Sooooo yea.... Kidzone has stripper pole lightning rods and pretty/bloody scareactors cast. Now we have Grim Reapers in Central Park.

Lightning poles.. that doesn't jive with trick r' treaters.. 0.o

it does when you want to electrocute annoying trick or treaters :ninja:

Maybe the SZ in Kidzone is the origins of Harry Potter's lightning bolt scar.... well i mean... after all they DID have a Potter jack-o-lantern in Kidzone... that could've been the hint for this year's SZ... just sayin :P

Unless we're getting something different... just like Central Park was rumored to be ghosts & now there are apparently "Grim Reapers" cast there.

Sooooo yea.... Kidzone has stripper pole lightning rods and pretty/bloody scareactors cast. Now we have Grim Reapers in Central Park.

The Grim Reapers make sense in Central Park because of the clue you gave earlier about there being Stilts there and stilts would give them an imposing size with a long robe and gigantic scythe.

You know, I might have been messed up with the whole Potterverse expansion and the work on the retaining wall or something stupid like that. I definitely remember reading about canoes, but I guess not? I never did think it had anything to do with a house, though, as I'm pretty sure we've got our full list already.

So does that mean that the Mayans are too literal as well? I mean, the only place I can see this fitting in is in the rumored "Beasts" section, as we don't really know what's going on over there. The most logical thing that I can think of is that perhaps they're taking whatever costumes they had already made for the Chupacabra maze and added stuff. Wikipedia says that the myth is fairly recent, though, so it doesn't exactly mesh with the ancient/native thought, UNLESS that's the whole point and we'd be able to see people sacrificing themselves to these Native American beasts?

Then again, how much less literal are we talking? Because I feel like I haven't hit upon it yet/I'm still too literal...

And all those lacrosse references; I'm pretty sure that was a Native American sport originally, as people said, and can't that connect to some sort of El Dorado-esque scarezone? Perhaps similar to Esqueleto Muerte?

And the new stuff; I bet there could be Trick or Treaters on stripper poles, that's the way HHN rolls, especially if we're trying to be more like Hollywood...! Sorta sounds like 7 to me with the pretty/bloody and the exhibition. Yeah, lightning bolts are weird.

And can't there be Grim Reapers AND ghosts at the same time?

Edited by Disneyson1

Oh I guess I should've mentioned a while back that the people cast in the other NY scarezone (Beasts), are all tall people...

And I should also reiterate that NY was also one of the locations said to have stilts. It is unlikely that there will be a zombie on stilts, which means it'd have to be for "beasts". A really tall person on stilts = seriously towering over you... just something else to keep in mind.

So an idea is that there are Graves in Central Park and the Grim Reapers are raising the dead, not only ghosts like have been mentioned before, but also digging up graves ( based on hints from Dr. Jimmy and Ifrit.) and maybe bringing some skeletons to life ala "Esqueleto Muerte". That's just a thought.

And Ifrit's dig deeper clue- if you add the values of HOR it equals 6 = 6 feet under= graves.

What if digging deeper means digging underneath the dirt? The core of the earth is fire and iron and heat....I feel the stretching happening in my brain again....

The archaeology and "look deeper" clues lead me toward the idea of a Catacombs sequel house. Catacombs: Horror Unearthed?

Maybe the SZ in Kidzone is the origins of Harry Potter's lightning bolt scar.... well i mean... after all they DID have a Potter jack-o-lantern in Kidzone... that could've been the hint for this year's SZ... just sayin :P

Chris, a warning....

Don't. Tease. Me. With. Harry. Potter.

kthxbye :P

The archaeology and "look deeper" clues lead me toward the idea of a Catacombs sequel house. Catacombs: Horror Unearthed?

OMG LOVING this! I think I posted somewhere like 29384757 pages ago (not an exaggeration at ALL) that it looked like there was a character with one of those catacomb mask/beak things in the background of the puppet picture that Universal posted on their fb page not so long ago. Interestinggggg.

Well so far nothing new or revolutionary has been provided by theifrit, but it is at least it's more entertaining than what universal is doing. So I would like to commend theifrit for at least supplying us with a nice game before the big reveal. Keep it coming and maybe you can start earlier next year. We can then call it the l..... of the Ifrit.

OMG LOVING this! I think I posted somewhere like 29384757 pages ago (not an exaggeration at ALL) that it looked like there was a character with one of those catacomb mask/beak things in the background of the puppet picture that Universal posted on their fb page not so long ago. Interestinggggg.

Maybe the plague doctors tie into the gargoyle house?

Chris, a warning....

Don't. Tease. Me. With. Harry. Potter.

kthxbye :P

Now you're just asking me to do so....

So an idea is that there are Graves in Central Park and the Grim Reapers are raising the dead, not only ghosts like have been mentioned before, but also digging up graves ( based on hints from Dr. Jimmy and Ifrit.) and maybe bringing some skeletons to life ala "Esqueleto Muerte". That's just a thought.

This sounds like the most plausible scenario... however, I doub't UNI will be digging any graves or any other type of landscape destruction. Tombstones are a possibility though. I doubt we'd see anything like Esqueleto Muerte... I'd hope they'd go for something darker in tone, more evil... like the ghosts would be reaping our souls for the Grim Reapers.

Maybe the plague doctors tie into the gargoyle house?

Highly unlikely. I would not expect to see the Plague Doctors return or Catacombs for that matter, at least not this year. The 3 remaining houses don't scream that kind of theme. And tying them into gargoyles would be a huge stretch....

Highly unlikely. I would not expect to see the Plague Doctors return or Catacombs for that matter, at least not this year. The 3 remaining houses don't scream that kind of theme. And tying them into gargoyles would be a huge stretch....

Just for the sake of speculation, why would that be? As far as my quick Google search tells me, Italy has gargoyles. And since we have no idea what form or shape they will take, or even if they're the main focus, why couldn't it have something to do with the Plague Doctors? Maybe they're in a cathedral this time or something.

Now you're just asking me to do so....

ah, welcome to the game :P

Really liking the idea of a Hellmouth. Could be the Uber Buffy fan in me, but I think a Lagoon show mimicking the opening of a Hellmouth and unleashing all of the Baddies into the park could be a cool concept. Unlikely, but cool.

THIS. This is an awesome explanation for the "game" aspect of this "war" idea.

• Like 1

Just for the sake of speculation, why would that be? As far as my quick Google search tells me, Italy has gargoyles. And since we have no idea what form or shape they will take, or even if they're the main focus, why couldn't it have something to do with the Plague Doctors? Maybe they're in a cathedral this time or something.

Since the gargoyles are going to be scareactors, i'd say they're the main focus... And having plague doctors involved would make no sense with "live" gargoyles.

Plague Doctor was a special medical physician who saw those who had the plague. They were specifically hired by towns that had many plague victims in times of plague epidemics. Since the city was paying their salary they treated everyone, the rich and the poor. They were not normally professionally trained experienced physicians or surgeons, and often were second-rate doctors not able to otherwise run a successful medical business or young physicians trying to establish themselves.

^This would not fit with the whole Gargoyle aspect...

And what does Italy have to do with anything? Yes, a Catacombs sequel could take place elsewhere, BUT the 2010 house was in the catacombs of France which lead up to a museum.

Playing Devil's Advocate, then doesn't it make even more sense that the Catacombs are beneath the cathedral, especially if it turns out to be Notre Dame (or, more accurately, St. Opportune) or some other similar fictional French gothic church?

Edited by Disneyson1

If people weren't speculating over an instagram feed it would be over something. Point being Speculators gonna Speculate. If you want to be negative about it than more power to you, but it's pretty much like bitching about a new day.

CURSE YOU NEW DAY! I hate when you come every day after 11:59!!!!

Edited by Jakemeister
  • Like 2

Playing Devil's Advocate, then doesn't it make even more sense that the Catacombs are beneath the cathedral, especially if it turns out to be Notre Dame (or, more accurately, St. Opportune) or some other similar fictional French gothic church?

That idea is very intriguing.