HHN 21 Discussion

This years hhn was the worst one yet, all the houses stink and bill and Ted was lame again...is it just me or were all the houses way shorter to? I feel like we are reaching the point where we need to add more houses and zones or get that extreme house idea going. So tired of that stupid holiday crap...that house made me wish I didn't have eyes, give us something good universal

forsaken felt shorter, yes, but i believe the other ones were a little longer this year(correct me if im wrong). you cant deny the immaculate amount of detail in every house this year, even the holiday one. they rarely use a holiday theme. theres no zones in the back by jaws/B&T/tents due to the large amounts of crowds coming out of there.

i do agree with B&T though, it wasnt good. could you explain why in your opinion the houses were inadequate instead of just complaining?

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This years hhn was the worst one yet, all the houses stink and bill and Ted was lame again...is it just me or were all the houses way shorter to? I feel like we are reaching the point where we need to add more houses and zones or get that extreme house idea going. So tired of that stupid holiday crap...that house made me wish I didn't have eyes, give us something good universal

Sorry that your post doesn't really say anything really conclusive. Don't worry, you can try and make a good, critical post again later! :3

Anyways, last night was incredibly rainy. But... holy shit. It was SO worth holding out for it. Great houses this year, was really really surprised by Bloodngutz and The Thing. Nightingales was freaking amazing, and I really, really hope that they show up in another house, it's an awesome concept.

All in all, a great year, and I can't wait to see the scarezones in action! As is Acid Assault looks awesome!

Guest HHNPicMan

So if any of you didn't slog it out through the rain last night, you missed out. In the last two hours of the event at least four houses (Forsaken and all the Soundstages) were walk-ons. I did Winter's Night and Nightingales at least six times each, running back and forth between them, and even got to do Winter's Night with only two people in front of me. It was great! The only thing that sucked was not having the scarezones, though at one point they were firing off Lady Luck's screams in Your Luck Has Run Out. Tonight is my last night :(, but I'm still going to enjoy it as much as possible.

I appreciate people like you going to the event regardless of weather conditions. It sucks that you had to deal with rain all night. I was in "7" last night and we basically waited backstage incase in stopped raining. However, it didnt and we were not able to go out. Believe it or not, it sucks for us too. Many of us scarectors are there because we want to scare. Thus, sitting all night inside is not as fun as it sounds.

I dont remember it raining like this for quite some time at HHN. I know we have had random nights of rain in the past years, but man, the rain hasnt stopped for two days. Unfortunately, its supposed to continue tonight. :(

Good luck to those who make it tonight. Hopefully, we will have a break to where we will be able to come out in the streets for alittle bit.

Haters gonna hate lol.

I appreciate people like you going to the event regardless of weather conditions. It sucks that you had to deal with rain all night. I was in "7" last night and we basically waited backstage incase in stopped raining. However, it didnt and we were not able to go out. Believe it or not, it sucks for us too. Many of us scarectors are there because we want to scare. Thus, sitting all night inside is not as fun as it sounds.

I filled in for Acid Assault last night and we basically sat around for 6 hours. It got to the point where they ER'd (early released) most of the cast. It stopped to the point where they were able to send out all the scareactors who stayed from both casts for 15 minutes until it started to rain hard enough to send us back inside again. Needless to say, rain sucks for guests and scareactors alike!! <_<

But like PicMan said, Thanks for sticking it out in the rain.

I haven't really been reading a lot or posting a lot 'cause I haven't had a chance to go yet. Well, I'm going tonight! My mom, my brother and I. (pictures in the Let the scaracters know who you are thread) so come say hi if you see me! If you say "Aren't you Jonny from HNN?" I'll buy you a beer!

I have another question.. Two, actually.

We're doing the scream early, and I was wondering where the holding area(s) are/is? I did it one year and we stayed outside where In-Between is. Can we still stay there are did they move it? Also, can I bring a backpack to hold my camera stuff?

I have another question.. Two, actually.

We're doing the scream early, and I was wondering where the holding area(s) are/is? I did it one year and we stayed outside where In-Between is. Can we still stay there are did they move it? Also, can I bring a backpack to hold my camera stuff?

You can stay and scream at Finnegan's Bar & Grill in New York, or in KidZone. To answer your backpack question, yes you may bring one.

I went yesterday, and while the houses were fun, I was disappointed in my experience. It just seemed like everything went wrong. Brace yourself for a detailed account of my night at HHN.

The rain and the cold didn't let up all night, which means that there were no scarezones. We also hadn't dressed for rain, because we had been sure that the weather would clear up eventually. A big mistake on our part, but it didn't help matters. Before getting into the park, we had to wait 30 minutes because for some reason the lines for the metal detectors were moving extremely slow. The screen above the entrance was flashing and static-y, like it had been hit by lightening and was going to explode or something.

We made it inside and got in line for The Forsaken and saw that it was a 15 minute wait. The line moves at a good pace, then just stops. We don't move for 20 minutes, then a staff member comes by and says that it's another 25 minutes from where we are. As it turns out, it was 45 minutes from where we were. About 2/3 of the way through the line, a large woman covered in glowsticks and towing a teenage girl starts barreling her way through the line. I asked her what was going on, and she said, "Sorry hun, but we're cutting you." My friend looked at her like she was crazy and the lady said, "B!tch, what you looking at?!" Then she ran ahead, hollering for some guy named Jose. People started booing and telling her to get back in line, and the next thing I know some guy has tackled another guy wearing the same poncho as the glowstick lady (I'm assuming he was Jose), the glowstick lady is off to the side screaming, people are scattering, some other guy starts beating on Jose too, and the teenage girl is screaming, "Stop! I beg of you!" and trying to get in between the men and Jose.

And there's no security. No one. There was a nurse selling blood bags nearby, but as far as I know, she didn't do anything. When no staff came to control the situation, several bystanders peeled the men off of Jose, who looks rather drunk. Jose tried to stand and flopped over, so a few more people helped him off to the side. A young man in line took initiative and told the line to keep moving. We stopped and didn't move for about 20 minutes one more time before making into the house, which was fun and well done, imo.

The line for The In-Between was about just as long, but at least the timer at the front of the line told us that. I loved that house, it was amazingly fun and the 3D was great. The only problem was the line to get out of the house. I still have no idea why there was one, but we waited for 15 minutes to get out of the house. In a 1 inch puddle of water.

One of my friends was dressed in a pretty thin shirt and was so cold that her fingers were going numb (she's a tiny thing). She was acting lethargic and shaking so hard she couldn't even open her purse, so we took her to Flo's and told her to stay put. We decided that since we were soaked and cold and our friend was sitting it out, we would do one more house, and because I'm a huge Poe fan, we went to Nevermore. The line was one big puddle, deep enough to have a current, but the line was shorter than we expected, so it wasn't terrible. I liked the Poe house a lot, and was able to identify every scene. I would love to see an amped-up version of this house in the future, as I feel that it could add even more references and scares. However, there was another line to leave the house. I have never seen a wait to leave a house at a Halloween event, ever. Seriously, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that this is normal.

On the way out, I rushed over to see the awesome projection in Acid Assault and bought a shirt, since the event itself seemed like it would have been a blast without the weather.

Sorry for the rant, I was just really bummed because I get to go to HHN only once a year, since I don't have the time or money to go more. I couldn't go last year, and this year's attempt fell flat. Of course, not dressing for the weather was our fault, and the weather was one of the main things that put a damper on our trip, but the lines to leave the houses and the lack of security when a fight broke out just were the icing on the cake, so to speak.

What's the first house you get to do when you do stay and scream last year it was the legendary truth house

Winters Night in the NY area at 5:45/5:50, Forsaken in KidZone area at same time. i suggest the NY S&S, then go in a circle doing THING next, then Saws, then Nevermore, then HoH,then Nightingales and finally the 2 KZone houses. its the quickest way to see everything imo and by experience

I mentioned this last week, but I have some updates. A recent Universal e-mail stated that Lady Luck has left her calling in each of the houses this year. My guess is that as each of our characters from the houses (i.e. Cabot, the college students, Poe, Jonathan Hawthorn, Clarke, etc.) was presented with the number "21," it brought about a series of unfortunate events (i.e. being lost at sea and forgotten, opening another dimension, going mad, summoning spirits, summoning banshees, etc.) in the storyline. I believe we have found six of the eight.

1) Nightingales: Blood Prey - there is a deck of cards with the Ace/Queen hand showing sitting on a crate in one of the tents about half-way through

2) The Thing - there is a deck of cards with the Ace/Queen hand showing sitting on a bookshelf across from the pool table in the opening scene

3) HR Bloodengutz: Holidays of Horror - the TV station is WKNB 21 from Carey, Ohio; also, my friend says that she saw a "2" and a "1" block sitting next to each other in the Christmas room

4) Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine - there are three arches with the "No7" printed on them one after another about half-way through the house (3 x 7 = 21)

5) Nevermore: The Madness of Poe - there are 21 portraits of Annabel Lee in the room where Poe is standing on the landing (we believe this to be the 21 reference)

6) The In-Between - "No. 21" is printed on the comic book facade as you walk through the entranceway to the house

Someone mentioned that they found the secret in Winter's Night, but has not yet posted it. What did you find? We tried to count the lanterns at the base of the facade, but we are short a few. And what about The Forsaken? Any ideas? There must be a reference to "21" in those two houses as well. Universal did a good job at concealing some of their little secrets.

Update:

There are, indeed, 21 teal-lit lanterns before entering the gates of the Hawthorn Cemetery.

Also, we thought that there might just be 21 crew members on the Forsaken ship, but we kept counting 20, which includes the stationary ones. I see no other reference in this house, so I'm thinking that there's one more that we just didn't count. Ideas?

I went yesterday, and while the houses were fun, I was disappointed in my experience. It just seemed like everything went wrong. Brace yourself for a detailed account of my night at HHN.

The rain and the cold didn't let up all night, which means that there were no scarezones. We also hadn't dressed for rain, because we had been sure that the weather would clear up eventually. A big mistake on our part, but it didn't help matters. Before getting into the park, we had to wait 30 minutes because for some reason the lines for the metal detectors were moving extremely slow. The screen above the entrance was flashing and static-y, like it had been hit by lightening and was going to explode or something.

We made it inside and got in line for The Forsaken and saw that it was a 15 minute wait. The line moves at a good pace, then just stops. We don't move for 20 minutes, then a staff member comes by and says that it's another 25 minutes from where we are. As it turns out, it was 45 minutes from where we were. About 2/3 of the way through the line, a large woman covered in glowsticks and towing a teenage girl starts barreling her way through the line. I asked her what was going on, and she said, "Sorry hun, but we're cutting you." My friend looked at her like she was crazy and the lady said, "B!tch, what you looking at?!" Then she ran ahead, hollering for some guy named Jose. People started booing and telling her to get back in line, and the next thing I know some guy has tackled another guy wearing the same poncho as the glowstick lady (I'm assuming he was Jose), the glowstick lady is off to the side screaming, people are scattering, some other guy starts beating on Jose too, and the teenage girl is screaming, "Stop! I beg of you!" and trying to get in between the men and Jose.

And there's no security. No one. There was a nurse selling blood bags nearby, but as far as I know, she didn't do anything. When no staff came to control the situation, several bystanders peeled the men off of Jose, who looks rather drunk. Jose tried to stand and flopped over, so a few more people helped him off to the side. A young man in line took initiative and told the line to keep moving. We stopped and didn't move for about 20 minutes one more time before making into the house, which was fun and well done, imo.

The line for The In-Between was about just as long, but at least the timer at the front of the line told us that. I loved that house, it was amazingly fun and the 3D was great. The only problem was the line to get out of the house. I still have no idea why there was one, but we waited for 15 minutes to get out of the house. In a 1 inch puddle of water.

One of my friends was dressed in a pretty thin shirt and was so cold that her fingers were going numb (she's a tiny thing). She was acting lethargic and shaking so hard she couldn't even open her purse, so we took her to Flo's and told her to stay put. We decided that since we were soaked and cold and our friend was sitting it out, we would do one more house, and because I'm a huge Poe fan, we went to Nevermore. The line was one big puddle, deep enough to have a current, but the line was shorter than we expected, so it wasn't terrible. I liked the Poe house a lot, and was able to identify every scene. I would love to see an amped-up version of this house in the future, as I feel that it could add even more references and scares. However, there was another line to leave the house. I have never seen a wait to leave a house at a Halloween event, ever. Seriously, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that this is normal.

On the way out, I rushed over to see the awesome projection in Acid Assault and bought a shirt, since the event itself seemed like it would have been a blast without the weather.

Sorry for the rant, I was just really bummed because I get to go to HHN only once a year, since I don't have the time or money to go more. I couldn't go last year, and this year's attempt fell flat. Of course, not dressing for the weather was our fault, and the weather was one of the main things that put a damper on our trip, but the lines to leave the houses and the lack of security when a fight broke out just were the icing on the cake, so to speak.

omg Thank Gos didnt see the woman skipping and the fight because my head...would have exploded... :blink:

sounds like the worst most annoying thing ever,

and about the rain, well... sorry to hear, but, that's why i wrote more than once in the "Rains" thread about people bringing their poncho :unsure:

Edited by black mask

So again... if any of you skipped last night due to the weather, you missed out big time. As far as the weather goes, Lady Luck smiled on us. It was a little cool, but it barely rained and it was managable when it did. Scareactors in the streets were tearing it UP! You could tell they were ready to scare again after being forced off the streets for a night. I got SO much attention out there. Thank you, scareactors, for making my last night absolutely fantastic. <3

Hey guys, I need your help! So i'm going on the 16th, a Sunday, and I'm trying to find the perfect route to take so we can see all of the houses and ALL of the scarezones in full effect (at night, and with 7's first and last stage.) Keep in mind, we will be in the park already so we will be in the holding area. Cause I would love to see all of the scarezones in full effect WHILE hitting up all of the houses. Thank you :)

Hey guys, I need your help! So i'm going on the 16th, a Sunday, and I'm trying to find the perfect route to take so we can see all of the houses and ALL of the scarezones in full effect (at night, and with 7's first and last stage.) Keep in mind, we will be in the park already so we will be in the holding area. Cause I would love to see all of the scarezones in full effect WHILE hitting up all of the houses. Thank you :)

Go to the KidZone holding area and hit up Forsaken & In Between... then do Saws, then Poe, then Bloodngutz, then Thing. If Nightingales or Winter still has a long line, skip it for now, it'll be down to almost nothing later in the evening. Explore zones. Bam.

Go to the KidZone holding area and hit up Forsaken & In Between... then do Saws, then Poe, then Bloodngutz, then Thing. If Nightingales or Winter still has a long line, skip it for now, it'll be down to almost nothing later in the evening. Explore zones. Bam.

Awesome! Sounds good. What are your opinions on Sundays? Are they usually busy? Thanks again.

Awesome! Sounds good. What are your opinions on Sundays? Are they usually busy? Thanks again.

I'm going the same Sunday you are - that particular one will probably be about as crowded as your typical peak night (not Hell Week, granted) due to some schools having the next day off. Seriously though, follow that plan and you should be okay. The soundstage lines never get too long so it's a mistake to do them first (THING generates the longest of the 3 for some reason)... it's Saws, Poe, and Bloodngutz that can get nasty.

I'm going the same Sunday you are - that particular one will probably be about as crowded as your typical peak night (not Hell Week, granted) due to some schools having the next day off. Seriously though, follow that plan and you should be okay. The soundstage lines never get too long so it's a mistake to do them first (THING generates the longest of the 3 for some reason)... it's Saws, Poe, and Bloodngutz that can get nasty.

Okay thank you! This is my first time going (SO EXCITED) after years of eagerly wanting to go. I just want to make sure that we are able to hit up all of the houses and scarezones!

Next time you go through The In-Between, check out the faces in the tunnel. But you know, that's just like, my opinion, man... ;)

Someone will have to PM me on that - I absolutely cannot look in the tunnel. I have to look down at my feet with my eyes 3/4 closed. I really don't enjoy falling down ;)

Someone will have to PM me on that - I absolutely cannot look in the tunnel. I have to look down at my feet with my eyes 3/4 closed. I really don't enjoy falling down ;)

I should have done that but I just can't look down while going through the tunnel/vortex. While going through the tunnel/vortex in The In-Between last week I actually fell and landed right on my Shia LaBeouf... :lol::lol::lol: