HHN 21 Discussion

With respect, I find the SA's to be in a tough situation, with them apparently getting different instructions every night. Hard to do your job when your employer isn't being consistent. Personally, I haven't found any to be rude - some will stop, some won't. But the biggest part of customer satisfaction is providing the scare; photos (yes, I love them and want them) are a subset of customer satisfaction. I wonder if the rudeness you perceive sometimes might be the actor staying in character. They are frequently in a lose-lose situation, and being on the front lines, they get the lion's share of the ire.

Now, the handlers can be another matter. If I can't say something nice...

No offense is meant to you, Creeper, I just feel the need to stand up for the SA's. Best wishes to you and hope you enjoy the rest of the event!

well I would say this, actors don't, they really Do not have to pose for pics, I totally understand that, but this is what i see, when an actor is stalking a person to scare, or is being in character, and then someone tries to take a pic and the actor covers their face or leaves, I see the actors doing that are actually going out of their way to cover their face and sometimes breaking character. So not taking pics is actually doing more than just standing there and letting someone get a pic, when covering their face they doing their scares job in my opinion, that happens a lot in grown evil, where the animals would be walking around or shaking their head, then a camera would show up and they would cover their face for a while, but since so many people have cameras, they have to keep doing it,

But I still agree no posing for pictures is a good thing, a great thing, and I agree actors have a job to do which is scare, the only thing i didnt like is going out of their way to not take pics,

because I understand what you mean, and i understand this is a difficult issue, but We All, We all together enjoy pictures, I really doubt there is one person that doesn't enjoy pictures,

I find it hypocritical when guests last year complain about pictures when they also take pictures, like the whole photo op complains, when most people if not all people have pics of the zones... people are weird lol :rolleyes:

(I just really need pictures of the crows from grown Evil.... :( )

Edited by black mask

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to get too off topic,but the other night as I was going through the line for Nightingales the picture with the wait time and such...well as I walked through Twister I turned and looked out the window and the image behind it is none other than Havoc:Dogs of War. Thought it was interesting

It's because they are reused from last year. Zombiegeddon is behind The Thing lol.

Hey everyone. This is my first post, so be gentle! I just have to put my two cents in about the event and all of what I have read. First of all I have seen a huge dislike this year for our icon, the lovely Lady Luck. I myself have a soft spot for all the female icons, my personal fav. being Bloody Mary. She was just downright scary! Anyway I think lady luck is awesome! I love the commercial!I She may not be the scariest icon ever but I will say she looks pretty neat! You know she is evil deep down. I think Universal did a great job taking something people see as a positive thing of luck and hope. Then turning it upside down and bringing out her darker side! I think our poor lady luck got the raw end of the deal though. As awesome as I think she is, they could have done so much more with her! I hate that she got the shortest scare zone in the entire park this year! I think she deserved her own house! Seeing all the ways she can turn anybodys luck bad! Just think, it could have been awesome! So I am very pro lady luck. I hope that like previous icons, she will make a return in the near future. Maybe give her a house one year. Now granted I have never been to HHN, but have followed the event very closely since the Undertaker was icon, I feel that anybody that lives in or close enough to go to this event every year. Then consider yourself very lucky! You dont know how good you have it! People like me who live states away would sell his kidney to come meet lady luck face to face. Now if this event is so bad this year, I will gladly trade my closest thing to HHN witch is Six Flags Fright Fest for some HHN tickets. Then well see who has the better event.

regarding the Frequent fear pass and Saturday

did anyone get the email? I went to guest services Sunday and today to ask about this, both times they answered me that Saturdays are never allowed for FFP, when I try to explain to them that the last 3 years they have let people in on Saturday they didn't know what i was talking about, so, as far as of now, looks like Saturday won't be allowed, Ill ask again tomorrow but, that sucks...

It's sad to see them break with tradition, but I guess that just means it's off to Tampa tomorrow for me.

I never go by what Guest Services says. I also cringe when I'm in a Stay & Scream holding pen & hear the team members giving totally bad advice on the house opening times and correct pattern to follow to do them efficiently. Oh well, I should actually be glad of that because it keeps the crowds away from those of us who know the right times and way to do it.

Hopefully someone who knows can answer this quickly. Does anyone know if you can take the binky cups back into the park for your second, third night? I want to take mine back in but don't want it confiscated. Please I need to know soon because I leave in an hour and a half.

Yes, have friends who do it all the time.

It appears Saturday won't be an option for FFP holders most likely because Monday is open and we can go to that. I can't because of my work schedule. I was really hoping Saturday would be open.

It's sad to see them break with tradition, but I guess that just means it's off to Tampa tomorrow for me.

I never go by what Guest Services says. I also cringe when I'm in a Stay & Scream holding pen & hear the team members giving totally bad advice on the house opening times and correct pattern to follow to do them efficiently. Oh well, I should actually be glad of that because it keeps the crowds away from those of us who know the right times and way to do it.

damn, I guess that means Saturday might be crowded too? maybe? usually the last couple of years that last saturday of the month was not really crowded I think,

I guess I will be able to go see The Thing in Theaters before HHN ends,

Tonight will definitely not be crowded. It was a ghost town last night. Everything was a walk on and the only thing that had a wait was Rockit. The longest I waited for any house was Nevermore and that was only 10 minutes. Plus, most of the schools are having their homecoming tonight. My school is having theirs at Hard Rock. I just dont see any reason for FFP to not be opened tonight. We can't complain though seeing as though it wasn't guaranteed for us to get in tonight.

Tonight will definitely not be crowded. It was a ghost town last night. Everything was a walk on and the only thing that had a wait was Rockit. The longest I waited for any house was Nevermore and that was only 10 minutes. Plus, most of the schools are having their homecoming tonight. My school is having theirs at Hard Rock. I just dont see any reason for FFP to not be opened tonight. We can't complain though seeing as though it wasn't guaranteed for us to get in tonight.

We'll never know, I suppose, but I'm curious about the reasoning behind not opening Saturday up. Trying to ween FFPers after 3 years so it doesn't become too expected? Just an oversight by management?

Surprised to hear about Friday, I deliberately skipped expecting a madhouse. If Friday was dead, can only imagine how empty it was last night.

We'll never know, I suppose, but I'm curious about the reasoning behind not opening Saturday up. Trying to ween FFPers after 3 years so it doesn't become too expected? Just an oversight by management?

Surprised to hear about Friday, I deliberately skipped expecting a madhouse. If Friday was dead, can only imagine how empty it was last night.

It was a bit busier last night, but still light. I didn't see anything get over 45 minutes. It was quite chilly all night, which seems to have thinned out the crowd the later it got.

Can someone provide the House/Streets of the Week thus far, and come Monday, the House/Street of the Year?

Canyon and Acid both deserve Street of the Weeks, but 7 deserves Street of the Year hands down.

House of the Week/Year is a toss-up, they were all good.

Can someone provide the House/Streets of the Week thus far, and come Monday, the House/Street of the Year?

Canyon and Acid both deserve Street of the Weeks, but 7 deserves Street of the Year hands down.

i know Saws won the first or second week.

I am, Very curious about this as well

Sitting in front of men in black now, quite a few drinks in and all the houses down. This is my second night and I gotta say, this is one of the better years I've seen in a long time. The houses were lacking overall tonight in scare factor, but going with a group that has never been before, it was interesting hearin their opinion on the night.

Tonight, the ops were more obvious than they were on the night I went before (OCT 9th) and it was upsetting to see. I saw the nightingales scare with the body ripping though. Which is happy for me, I paused in that section to show the group I was with. But all in all, I want other opinion on this: was it just me or did it seem like SA were kind of "tired" and out of it tonight? No offense to anyone that worked, because you managed to scare my group well enough. But as a vet, I was hoping to be caught off guard by the majority of the night. Maybe it's my drunkenness talking. I dont know.....

I didn't see any actors that ussually try to scare not scaring. Certain casts are bad about looking "tired" though. Tonight was busier than yesterday and Friday, who woulda thought? The rain held out until right after the event closed too, perfect timing.

"please god please make it stop raining today please please...Does backwards rain dance"

seriously this is F :angry: ng bull :o . The forecast says it will rain today. not only is that going to make some people not being able to go, scarezones will close, so the people going for the first and only time are going to miss the scarezones and death drums.... damn it i really wish i didnt leave Bill and Ted for last, now i wont even be able to see it, thats what makes me so mad, i wanted to see it once. I was also hoping to catch a couple of pics last day, damn damn, worst halloween ever

Edited by black mask

Weather reports are saying the rain should let up this evening. Hopefully this is true. Better bring an umbrella to be safe

yea I heard that from someone else, I am praying that it doesn't rain anymore lol

my friend was telling me it was really packed Sunday night? i thought it would not be that crowded

my friend was telling me it was really packed Sunday night? i thought it would not be that crowded

Sundays have been very crowded this year. I'm thinking it's a combination of cheaper tickets (half the price of Saturday, IIRC) and the ability of APers to get in early and "make a day out of it." Given that hours are limited, and it seems some houses run at a reduced staff level, I think Sunday is probably the worst night to go.

In contrast, Fridays have been good if you get there early, and then if you stay from 12 to 2. I guess the trick is to grab dinner at CityWalk in the middle of the evening, say, around 8:30. You get a good 4 hours with minimal lines, and everything is at full staff.

yea I heard that from someone else, I am praying that it doesn't rain anymore lol

We waited in two express lines last night with a 20-30 minute wait (saws and steam and the in between). Now to be honest, it didn't really seem that they had the most compitent people scanning expresses last night, so this could have been the cause....

Edited by JONNYFXM