HHN 21 Discussion

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the spelling errors and missing words I'd say this isn't the final map. And 7 looks way to short.

Not to mention the final map would list rides.

Well, based on previous maps provided in the UO team member newsletters having been pretty accurate on locations the corrections on words and the addition of ride lists will usually be done by the time they officially being the event.

Not sure what to think of 7 construction. So each "sin" gets their own mini stage? WTF! How is this going to be a scare zone? I hope they only go up there for a bit and come down. That and I hope to see a a lot more than 7 scare actors per set.

Each girl/sin has their own vignette. They will probably spend a majority of their set on the stage, but each girl will also have minions roaming the street.

I'm giving serious thought about getting a FFP, but I may only be able to go twice (College does come first after all). What do you guys think, should I get one?

Definitely. Thats the only ticket I buy every year. In my opinion you just can't beat it. Even if you can only go to HHN 21 twice by the time you buy 2 seperate tickets for the nights you are going you could by a FFP. Plus you never know if there will be that one extra night you will be able to go to HHN 21 a third time... ;)

Not sure what to think of 7 construction. So each "sin" gets their own mini stage? WTF! How is this going to be a scare zone? I hope they only go up there for a bit and come down. That and I hope to see a a lot more than 7 scare actors per set.

I was thinking the same thing...not sure how this is going to be a true scare zone. Even with minions roaming the area...eh, guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm with you on this one Mike!

still, if theyre as whores, then hell ya

This made me laugh out loud. At work. :D

I'm giving serious thought about getting a FFP, but I may only be able to go twice (College does come first after all). What do you guys think, should I get one?

If you are contemplating going more than one night, even if it's just two...the FFP is the smartest and most economical way to go. Obviously as long as you can go on the night(s) that the pass is good for. You may find yourself being able to go more nights than you initially thought, so why not buy it just in case?! ;)

If you are contemplating going more than one night, even if it's just two...the FFP is the smartest and most economical way to go. Obviously as long as you can go on the night(s) that the pass is good for. You may find yourself being able to go more nights than you initially thought, so why not buy it just in case?! ;)

Word. I'm only going to be in town for a long weekend (god, I miss living in Orlando in Oct) but I just bought my FFP today. Still saves $$$, surprisingly enough.

Question for you all, do APs get a discount on Express? If not, does a passholder just buy the discounted admission ticket and Express separately? Sorry if this is a silly question but the site is a bit confusing on this.

Edited by Creeper06

Here you will find a PDF in the upper right hand corner of the Team Member newsletter. The park map is shown there with the various attractions etc for HHN this year, enjoy!

Okay, this is a little unsettling...

Look near the bottom of Page 7 of the newsletter.

"Mary Shaw" won an award for Service Excellence.

I'm just sayin'...

i have a few generic questions. It has been said in this thread that some of the costuming is the best that some have seen in a long time. It has also been said that the houses are longer than they have been in the recent past. My question is "Is this an exaggerated hype to get my hopes up even more for HHN, or is this completely accurate?". I have not been to the event long enough to how it is has changed (i have gone every year since HHN 16). I am not sure if it has been a decrease of attention by UNI or just a higher tolerance by me, but I feel as the event has degreased slightly. I know hhn 20 wasn't what a lot of people were anticipating, but now everyone seems even more excited than ever for 21. For instance, I hear that SnS will be longer than The orphanage from last year. I have heard that the costuming for Acid Assault will be fantastic. I know it's hard to identify these things before the event starts, but if anyone could message me or just post what they think are some differences between this year and recent HHN years it would be much appreciated. I am not trying to put down the event at all, please realize this; I absolutely love HHN, and will definitely attend it every year. It is ingrained mint my head to make this journey to Orlando annually. I have not been this excited for the event since year 18, but I would like some more justification. I don't mean to start an argument, but I would like some more insight on the event if possible.

with all things I think it should be taken with a grain of salt. I know not all houses are longer than years past. A few are shorter and a few are longer. but many things are changing and a lot of new ideas are being used. So I would say the excitement is most likely warranted... just to what level. It is easy to build things up in ones head to an unobtainable level. I agree, I have not been this pumped since 18 either. I've seen the event evolve from Fright Nights and I've seen the up and down years. I think we are on an up swing and that makes me happy. :)

with all things I think it should be taken with a grain of salt. I know not all houses are longer than years past. A few are shorter and a few are longer. but many things are changing and a lot of new ideas are being used. So I would say the excitement is most likely warranted... just to what level. It is easy to build things up in ones head to an unobtainable level. I agree, I have not been this pumped since 18 either. I've seen the event evolve from Fright Nights and I've seen the up and down years. I think we are on an up swing and that makes me happy. :)

I feel your right when you say we're on an up swing. Or should I say I hope your right. If this year is like last year I don't think I can get my wife to allow me to spend the several thousand dollars necessary to attend HHN next year. She was disappointed last year to say the least. I liked last year based on the sets and the nostalgia feel. Overall last year was lacking in certain areas last year. The sets were amazing as always but overall there was just something missing for me. I still can't place what I felt was missing. Maybe it was the fact that Fear was just a photo op and had no real other presence in the park. I hope the rumors of houses being longer are true. Although if you say some are longer some are shorter I think it will all even itself out in the end. I do know they plan on using effects we've never seen before and that has me excited to no end. I think expectations being high this year is a good thing. I honestly can say I'm more excited for this year than I've been since 18 which is saying a lot.

I feel your right when you say we're on an up swing. Or should I say I hope your right. If this year is like last year I don't think I can get my wife to allow me to spend the several thousand dollars necessary to attend HHN next year. She was disappointed last year to say the least. I liked last year based on the sets and the nostalgia feel. Overall last year was lacking in certain areas last year. The sets were amazing as always but overall there was just something missing for me. I still can't place what I felt was missing. Maybe it was the fact that Fear was just a photo op and had no real other presence in the park. I hope the rumors of houses being longer are true. Although if you say some are longer some are shorter I think it will all even itself out in the end. I do know they plan on using effects we've never seen before and that has me excited to no end. I think expectations being high this year is a good thing. I honestly can say I'm more excited for this year than I've been since 18 which is saying a lot.

With you on that. As I've said before, the sets are good, but the fear and atmosphere is gone. That's what made HHN 15, for example, special.