Returning houses, how many of you want them?

Goo

While I do not want to see any more sequels to houses from before 2009, that does not mean I don't want to see the house CONCEPTS again. You can do a western house without tying it to Ghost Town, or a house based off of the original concept for RUN without calling it "RUN: For Your Lives!"

I really want a new thing house. and considering the prequel coming up. its perfect timing.

At some Point Catacombs has to return. the best house of 2010 in my opinion.

I hope and pray esqueleto muerte comes back in some form. I just loved it soooo much. favorite scarezone EVER

I'd love to see Frightanic make a return. Never got to do the original(s) and I have a (healthy) obsession with the ship it was based off of (Titanic, obviously). Other than that, I don't want to see any house make a return for at least 2 more years. Go with some more original houses. Obviously some will be a hit like Catacombs and Havoc were last year and others not so much. Build off of the new originals that fans/guests really like(d) from the next two years (three if you count the originals from last year) that can replace the Psychoscareapy, Body Collectors, Scary Tales, etc. franchises.

1, or 2 returning houses each year would be good. No more than that, unless it's one of those years where they're celebrating the past. Also, I'd say that these houses need a sequel: ZombieGeddon, Legendary Truth, Leave it to Cleaver, Frankenstein, Reflections of Fear, Interstellar Terror, Vampyr, Terror Mines, Where Evil Hides, and Ghost Town. Yup, that's alot.

Edited by Shadybrook Oddfellow

Were any of you guys fans of chucky?? since he wasnt an icon maybe a house based on him could come back?? who know

Meh. There's a limited amount of stuff you can do with Chucky; it's hard to do anything with costumed scareactors once you get past the demented toys theme of 2009. Besides, he's a very one-note character: a wisecracking creepy doll that stabs people or sets up "accidents" to kill everyone. I don't think we'll see him again for a while unless Universal decides to do a new movie.

I don't want any repeats, I'd like all new. But if a gun was to my head and I had to pick I would say dead silence or something similar. Evil toys are one of my favorite horror theme's.

I'm surprised so many of you are mentioning houses from two or three years ago! There are so many older houses that I'd love to see, especially Dark Torment. The only really recent house that I think deserves the come back is Reflections of Fear, and I think a lot of us can agree on that one. As for Leave It To Cleaver, I feel like we wont be seeing that house in a long time, if ever. It's kind of a one trick pony. Seeing it on the streets in Sting Ally would be great though.

I'm surprised so many of you are mentioning houses from two or three years ago!

I think that a lot of the members here did not attend HHN going back more than two or three years and that's why you'll see a majority of members requesting more recent houses to be brought back.

As for a few more to add to bruinsfan's I wouldnt mind seeing again:

-"Run" style chainlink fence, MAZE feel houses.

-"superstitions" the idea of mental psychological fears brought to life

-"house of wax" only for the confusion between props and real scareactors

-"Creatures!" with the redneck, shotgun alien battle sequel. Who wins?!?

Your post caught my eye because you mentioned the house Superstitions. Really cool house that not too many HHN fans talk about. Wish they would have done a follow-up house in one of the years after, as it looks like we'll never see another superstitions house.

I also agree about another disorienting type house with the chainlink fence style. RUN executed this perfectly by closing off routes and opening up new ones for you to walk through. Although it was about ten years ago, I remember going through this house about three times and everytime was a different experience.

A return of Ghost Town would also be nice. That whole theme can lead for some really cool prop design.

Meh. There's a limited amount of stuff you can do with Chucky; it's hard to do anything with costumed scareactors once you get past the demented toys theme of 2009. Besides, he's a very one-note character: a wisecracking creepy doll that stabs people or sets up "accidents" to kill everyone. I don't think we'll see him again for a while unless Universal decides to do a new movie.

Well there are rummors of a remake film so perhaps it could be incorparated into a house one of these years...

But the ridiculousness was wat i loved about that house...i really do hope they bring it back

yeah i totally understood that but, the false advertising I hated it,

what i mean is, all the videos they showed when you waited in line was of big, scary strong guys with the smiley masks, so that in itself was both ironic and scary, having these huge scary guys with chainsaws and smiley masks,

then you enter the house and everyone inside was just greeting you, I just wished they put big strong actors in the house, that would have been cool,

so if they bring it back that would be cool to watch

Alot of houses such as psycotherepy and ressurection whont be able to come back since thier Icons have been retired...unless they go a diffrent way

"Psychoscareapy" was not a icon house. They forced Jack into the mix in 2006. Regardless, we have been told all these franchises are done. I'm not sure what you mean by resurrection.

I am befuddled by the want for a sequel house at all. To me a sequel is a cop-out in a way. We were promised a New Era and I was completely thrilled to hear that the old was dying and we could expect fresh new ideas... but every year, regardless of what has been said, people want to dredge up old ideas. True I have my fond memories and favorites from all the events past but I don't want to see a rehash ever except for possibly a "best of" type deal... But even so, didn't everyone get there fill of that last year? We had a house dedicated to the past.

I don't know if it is just a lack of creativity or a fear of change but it seems few people stray out of the realm of what we know already when speculating. Heck it seems like Hollywood has lost all creativity as well with all these crappy rehashes. Now a CONCEPT is far different than a Sequel. There is, after all, only so many situation one can be put in. Using a similar Concept to tell a different story is fantastic but simply saying "I want Catacombs 2" is just weak. for example Psychoscareapy was not the first house we had that delt with an insane asylum.

I know we will always have the returning franchises... it is inevitable and really so long as they tell a different story (or a GOOD continuation) I'm fine with that. But I don't want to see something (such as Catacombs or Havoc) come back simply because people liked it and I certainly don't want to see a sequel already out of the jump gate of the "New Era".

As for Movie houses... I think they are a core part of the event and I expect that they will stay current for the most part. I think The Thing could easily be back so long as the movie is decent and it is different enough from the original that it doesn't feel rehashed.

Edited by JWFearman

"Psychoscareapy" was not a icon house. They forced Jack into the mix in 2006. Regardless, we have been told all these franchises are done. I'm not sure what you mean by resurrection.

I am befuddled by the want for a sequel house at all. To me a sequel is a cop-out in a way. We were promised a New Era and I was completely thrilled to hear that the old was dying and we could expect fresh new ideas... but every year, regardless of what has been said, people want to dredge up old ideas. True I have my fond memories and favorites from all the events past but I don't want to see a rehash ever except for possibly a "best of" type deal... But even so, didn't everyone get there fill of that last year? We had a house dedicated to the past.

I don't know if it is just a lack of creativity or a fear of change but it seems few people stray out of the realm of what we know already when speculating. Heck it seems like Hollywood has lost all creativity as well with all these crappy rehashes. Now a CONCEPT is far different than a Sequel. There is, after all, only so many situation one can be put in. Using a similar Concept to tell a different story is fantastic but simply saying "I want Catacombs 2" is just weak. for example Psychoscareapy was not the first house we had that delt with an insane asylum.

I know we will always have the returning franchises... it is inevitable and really so long as they tell a different story (or a GOOD continuation) I'm fine with that. But I don't want to see something (such as Catacombs or Havoc) come back simply because people liked it and I certainly don't want to a sequel already out of the jump gate of the "New Era".

As for Movie houses... I think they are a core part of the event and I expect that they will stay current for the most part. I think The Thing could easily be back so long as the movie is decent and it is different enough from the original that it doesn't feel rehashed.

There are a few houses that i would want to come back like ive posted but my Ultmiate want would be Leave it to Cleaver...it dosent have much ties to the old era and the concept still has many ways it could go i mean weve seen the rise of the Meetz empire but we should see the Fall and revenge of the empire!!