Returning houses, how many of you want them?

Goo

There are two franchises in HHN history I hold near and dear to my heart.

Body Collectors & Scream House

As far as stand alone houses I would love to see a sequel to at some point

Nightmare on Elm Street

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Thing

Creatures

Dead Exposure

I think you maybe on to something with the Thing and Catacombs...i mean alot of us are talking about a thing house and the spanish house maybe an atlernate catacomb theme

I have no idea why people are equating a Spanish house to a continuation of the Catacombs. The Catacombs house was set in France, not Spain, the "Spanish Plagues" were from different time periods (1300's/1900's compared to 1500's), and the Plague Doctors aren't considered Spanish. Setting a "plague" themed house in Spain would alter too much of what made Catacombs: Black Death Rising what it was. You can't continue a story by changing everything about. A Catacombs continuation requires no change to either the location or the Plague Doctors, and considering the Doctors are what's associated with the house, everything has to surround what they are capable of...

Here is my list of returning house/scarezones that I would like to see...

Ghost Town – After hearing a lot of people comments on how great this house was, I would love to see it again in person.

Leave it to Cleaver – Sting Alley. That is all that want.

Scary Tales – I did a home-haunt based off of it, and just can’t get enough. But due to the fact of already having three houses, it could maybe go on to darker (and lesser-known) tales by the Grimm Brothers.

The Hallow – Like Scary Tales I will do a home-haunt based off of it. I deeply love a true Halloween theme, but instead of just The Hallow returning, I’d love to see a whole year based on traditional Halloween. Pretty, pretty please A&D...

Catacombs – With such a fan following, it’s just a matter of time before it shows back up. We could possibly be walking through the streets of Paris and venturing through new locations instead of being stuck underground.

Saws N’ Steam – Turned into a house, a lot can be done.

The Thing – I having a feeling it could return this year. It seems like a very interesting concept, so I’d like to have it return. Hopefully, I will get soundstage or parade warehouse. (Although, B-79 is seeming to get pretty spicy, not Arctic cold).

Dead Exposure – It doesn’t have to happen with zombies again, but I’d love to see that high-anxiety feel return for a future house.

HHN 2008 – Please happen again. :P

I absolutely love seeing fresh, new ideas that A&D can brew up, but am in no way against repeats. I think having one (or maybe even two) repeats per year is great. As longs as they change it into a new experience while it still being a familiar theme... I’m all for it!

Well during the spanish inquisition the jew and muslim people were looked as like a plauge to the public..heance why the inqution took place for the church to maintain power and keep an eye on them...i meant that we could be looking at a diffrent type of plauge (not a sickness)...and Yes Legacy i am aware that it took place in France i did several reports on it for French class

Well during the spanish inquisition the jew and muslim people were looked as like a plauge to the public..heance why the inqution took place for the church to maintain power and keep an eye on them...i meant that we could be looking at a diffrent type of plauge (not a sickness)...and Yes Legacy i am aware that it took place in France i did several reports on it for French class

So you're saying the plague doctors are now going to be part of the Spanish Inquisition? Wouldn't it just be more logical to have a separate concept dealing with the Spanish Inquisition?

I see how you're trying to connect the two, I just don't understand why. Sometimes, the most logical/simple ideas are best.

Edited by Lizz

That's overthinking it.

No not at all im just sayin that the overall concept of a type of plague should be taken into account

Again, I stand by my previous post: Sometimes the most logical/simple ideas are best. It's okay to have a Spanish Inquisition house which has nothing to do with a plague. There's no reason to connect Catacombs with the Spanish Inquisition.

As for Leave It To Cleaver, I feel like we wont be seeing that house in a long time, if ever. It's kind of a one trick pony. Seeing it on the streets in Sting Ally would be great though.

I agree that Sting Ally would eventually make a great spot for Leave it to Cleaver to return. With all the little, quaint store fronts, you could really take the dark humor of that house and turn the scare zone into a whole interactive street full of merchants and commerce.

"With a steady livestock of transients and town lawbreakers with which to serve, and a staff of volunteers who will preserve their town's deadly secret by any means necessary, there is truly no end in sight for Samuel or his family business."

Also, we did have The Caretaker as well. Carey, OH, is riddled with wolves in sheeps' clothing, so to speak. Can't imagine that some of them aren't in on all the secret keeping together.

Most importantly for me, I love that kind of acknowledgement of the "1950's American Dream" as being an aspiration never fully realized. Very American Beauty esque or Kubrick-ian in nature. This way of living that never really even existed to begin with. That's what made me love Cleaver, and separately I think why the concept of nuclear fallout is synonymous with that time period, why it fascinates so many people... Would the general public dig it? No, probably not. Would most of the fans? I'd like to think so, but, no, probably not. Would I? Selfishly, of course the answer is yes. : P

"Psychoscareapy" was not a icon house. They forced Jack into the mix in 2006. Regardless, we have been told all these franchises are done. I'm not sure what you mean by resurrection.

I am befuddled by the want for a sequel house at all. To me a sequel is a cop-out in a way. We were promised a New Era and I was completely thrilled to hear that the old was dying and we could expect fresh new ideas... but every year, regardless of what has been said, people want to dredge up old ideas. True I have my fond memories and favorites from all the events past but I don't want to see a rehash ever except for possibly a "best of" type deal... But even so, didn't everyone get there fill of that last year? We had a house dedicated to the past.

I don't know if it is just a lack of creativity or a fear of change but it seems few people stray out of the realm of what we know already when speculating. Heck it seems like Hollywood has lost all creativity as well with all these crappy rehashes. Now a CONCEPT is far different than a Sequel. There is, after all, only so many situation one can be put in. Using a similar Concept to tell a different story is fantastic but simply saying "I want Catacombs 2" is just weak. for example Psychoscareapy was not the first house we had that delt with an insane asylum.

I know we will always have the returning franchises... it is inevitable and really so long as they tell a different story (or a GOOD continuation) I'm fine with that. But I don't want to see something (such as Catacombs or Havoc) come back simply because people liked it and I certainly don't want to see a sequel already out of the jump gate of the "New Era".

As for Movie houses... I think they are a core part of the event and I expect that they will stay current for the most part. I think The Thing could easily be back so long as the movie is decent and it is different enough from the original that it doesn't feel rehashed.

I agree with all of what you said, Fearman. I think we deserve as fresh of a new start as possible. I, like you and others, am putting my trust in A&D at the same time though, which can be difficult, don't get me wrong.

I loved Both Catacombs, and Esqueleto muerte. Although i did hear a rumor flying around about some sort of foreign, spanish house, what if they made

La Catacombas : Esqueletos Muertos.

(The Catacombs - Dead Skeletons)

That way we would see both Esqueleto Muerte, and Catacombs Return. that'd be cool, in my opinion at least..

• 3 weeks later...

After reading through the previous posts, I agree with beginning with a clean slate since we were promised "a new age of darkness". Although I've only attended HHN since 2005, I will admit there have been houses which I've grown to love and others I've grown to become tired of. I can't see them bringing back any of the icons anytime in the near future however referencing them throughout this new era is still a possibility.

I really enjoy seeing the creative team's new ideas every year, but I am not totally against seeing previously used themes being brought back as long as there is a "new spin" placed on the original story. Whether or not any of these return this year or in the coming years, sooner or later I would really enjoy seeing new versions of:

SOONER

Midway of the Bizarre/Fearhouse - if Amity has been deemed to be too much of a cluster to use for a scarezone ever again, maybe they could re-create this atmosphere in one of the Soundstages.

Hellgate Prison - A realistic prison without any "ghosts" is truly scary. Warden Strickland MUST come back for the sequel.

S.S. Frightanic - Cruise Ship extravagance and also claustrophobic hallways well below the "sun deck".

The Thing - Such a great concept house back in '07. I'd love to see a re-imagining get the proper Soundstage treatment.

Ghost Town - So much potential for expanding on this theme....

Dead Exposure - Continue with the zombie theme and keep the ultra-high anxiety feel of the house.

Field of Screams/Harvest of the Souls/The Hallow/Skool - A mixture of these Halloween themes would be perfect. Also, bring back the corn from FoS and pray for good weather. :)

Hades/mythology - Many ways they could go with other variations based on mythology.

Saws 'N Steam/steampunk city - Lots of opportunity to expand here.

LATER

Hell's High/Lights, Camera, Hacktion - A Film Production gone wrong theme. Also could be combined with....

More from The Director - He never had a house that focused on the films that he actually directed. Keep the real-life movie references out and design a house based solely on his own snuff film-making.

Movie Icons - Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, Hannibal Lecter, Michael Myers, Wolfman, Frankenstein etc. all have their place at haunted events. Just use them sparingly....

Castle Vampyr/Dracula - Keep with the medieval theme, stick with a castle and build the story from there, no raving vampires with glow sticks please. Do not stray very far from the original Vampyr castle vibe.

Toy Hell/Chucky/Dead Silence - A new house using the evil toy/puppets theme would be ok in my book.

Screamhouse - A new Victorian style house featuring the Caretaker/Cindy. This one is more of a personal wish as I never got to experience the original Screamhouse.

Scary Tales IV - Yes, I hope sometime in the future we will see a return of the Evil Fairy Tales.

Everything you've added in this list, I couldn't agree more with. There are some extremely good ideas listed!

I agree that Sting Ally would eventually make a great spot for Leave it to Cleaver to return. With all the little, quaint store fronts, you could really take the dark humor of that house and turn the scare zone into a whole interactive street full of merchants and commerce.

"With a steady livestock of transients and town lawbreakers with which to serve, and a staff of volunteers who will preserve their town's deadly secret by any means necessary, there is truly no end in sight for Samuel or his family business."

picturing Leave It To Cleaver in Sting Alley rather than a house sounds extremely promising. I agree that the potential is limitless if done correctly. :)

Overall, while I'd love to see some things return, I think for the time being we should let the past rest and place our trust that the Creative team will amaze us with new, innovative ideas. :)