HHN XXI Speculation II

There is 8 weeks until the event, I'm guessing a card every week? Up to the event? Of course I'd like to see the full website before then like within this week but I don't run the thing. I also think that this could be in the tent with the speculation of the floating head so that's my speculation.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is 8 weeks until the event, I'm guessing a card every week? Up to the event? Of course I'd like to see the full website before then like within this week but I don't run the thing. I also think that this could be in the tent with the speculation of the floating head so that's my speculation.

Two a week. They have to have all the clues revealed before the full site goes live.

Blacklight environments seem to be a favorite for the tent houses. Consider Jack's funhouse and dead exposure, not mention parts of Psychopath in 06. And, considering we have at least semi-substantiated rumors for all of the house locations except for the jaws queue and tent 1, our prospective locations ARE rather limited. Blacklights wouldn't work well in the jaws queue, obviously, because its the location that has the biggest problem with outside light sneaking in.

Trippy demon house in a tent it is, then!

The way that relies on black light so much makes me wonder if we're getting a 3-D house.

I was thinking the same thing. We haven't had a 3-D house in a good little while...the last was in 2007, right? A four year gap should be plenty. I'm hoping that we get something similar to Dead Exposure again, though...something with a similar concept, but still original idea/theme. Seems like this would work perfectly.

The way that relies on black light so much makes me wonder if we're getting a 3-D house.

I don't think it will be 3-D with glasses... I think it might be something more along the lines of Dead Exposure, with the black lights playing a big role in scenes.

So, here's my speculation...

The orange demon/dragon heads seem to be the same or similar texture as the heads in the vortex tunnel at The Hallow'd Past last year. They're lit the same way and are obviously 2D. Now, the other heads definitely appear to be hanging.

What if this is a Chinese New Year hint? They have lion and dragon dancers that look a lot like the ones in the photo. Remember the colored street roles.

(For a better look at the image, go here: http://twitpic.com/60ipbn/full )

there's a chance that all these things are street props that were set up for a photo. since (as far as i know, since i haven't been keeping up with the contruction thread) nothing has been put out onto the streets its pretty possible that they may be showing us hints on a street. looking at the blown up photo, it looks like the heads could be hung up on carabiners, so just a temporary set up. i see the logic behind the chinese dragon/lion dancer street... i don't see it translating well as a house. *shrug*

i went and made the picture brighter

not much but you can see a little better, the face of the demon in the middle

FFpTy.jpg

With that view it makes it look like its a picture from inside a house. To me, the lines above the 2 heads looks like strings.

With that view it makes it look like its a picture from inside a house. To me, the lines above the 2 heads looks like strings.

yeah, looks like there are 3 or 4 more strings, a 4th head at the bottom, i know the pic looks like poop but i wanted to get a better view so i did that

there's a chance that all these things are street props that were set up for a photo. since (as far as i know, since i haven't been keeping up with the contruction thread) nothing has been put out onto the streets its pretty possible that they may be showing us hints on a street. looking at the blown up photo, it looks like the heads could be hung up on carabiners, so just a temporary set up. i see the logic behind the chinese dragon/lion dancer street... i don't see it translating well as a house. *shrug*

There is no precedent for Universal showing "mock-up" photos of the streets. The only photos we ever get this early are houses because the interior of the houses are all (for the most part) completed. The fact that the heads are hanging in front of a back-lit wall implies that this is a permanent install. Whenever they do "floating head rooms," which are insanely common (they did a bunch of floating jack-o-lanterns for part of the "Halloween" section in the original DrIvE In in 2003, the heads are hung with carabineers. Dozens of heads are hung, and simply clipping and tightening them is the quickest and easiest way to do it. They've done this sort of thing multiple times before in houses, and it translates extremely well.

Also, it's one of the eight cards... which could easily coincide with our eight houses.

I just checked out that picture using the 3D glasses I got from HHN 2007 (Jacks 3D funhouse) and it looks pretty impressive. The orange faces and the eyes/teeth of the blue heads pop out at you.

Anyone else tried this?

Definately another 3D house for this year.

Not definitely. While it's still possible, this image isn't enough to say that it IS happening. Like I stated above, the floating heads have been done before and those rooms typically use black-light in order hide the scareactor. That requires paint that "reacts" well with 3-D glasses, but it doesn't automatically mean it's a 3-D house. Dead Exposure wasn't 3-D, Disorientorum (2004) wasn't 3-D. As it stands, nothing in the picture says "3-D" house, definitively.

Not definitely. While it's still possible, this image isn't enough to say that it IS happening. Like I stated above, the floating heads have been done before and those rooms typically use black-light in order hide the scareactor. That requires paint that "reacts" well with 3-D glasses, but it doesn't automatically mean it's a 3-D house. Dead Exposure wasn't 3-D, Disorientorum (2004) wasn't 3-D. As it stands, nothing in the picture says "3-D" house, definitively.

Took the words out of my mouth. I could see the Dead Exposure avenue as well. The main reason why I initially thought 3-D is because Dead Exposure was not as brightly colored, it used black lights but it used far darker tones.

Took the words out of my mouth. I could see the Dead Exposure avenue as well. The main reason why I initially thought 3-D is because Dead Exposure was not as brightly colored, it used black lights but it used far darker tones.

If I'm not mistaken, though, Dead Exposure was a glow in the dark strobe effect house. Perhaps this is more of a blacklight house? The two effects sound similar but vary greatly with color tone. Instead of seeing people in the dark after the flash, you see them in the light in all their colorful glory, but lose then when the lights are off....

Edited by Sohrin

Just a thought...

What if the eight cards are four of the houses and four of the streets? Leaving two streets and "three" houses still a mystery. Considering we already know about the Thing house, wouldn't they have made "that card" available to view already?

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to the order in which they're revealing the houses. You do have a logical point that there should be a tangible card for The Thing, but maybe their schedule/pattern is based on having 8 cards to flip over, and only having 7 would throw it off. I could easily be wrong though because there's no suggestions/leads at the moment for how they're going to announce the scare zones. It would have been neat if they had laid down 16 cards (8 for houses, 6 for scare zones, and 2 for shows) and slowly allowed each round to be flipped over, similar to how Black Jack can be played. Maybe there could have been a quick load screen or animation once both cards in a stack were face up, similar to the intro on the main site. My other guess though is that we won't get the zones until the full site update, only getting houses as teasers on FaceBook until then. Who knows, the usual end of August reveal may even occur closer to the start of the event.

Am I the only one here who wouldn't mind another 3-D house? I actually tend to like the disorientating effect it has. I by no means think a 3-D house is 100% but sort of have my hopes up for one.

I LOVE the 3D houses! Jack-O-VIsion, while not the least bit scary, is one of my favorite houses of all time. I saw the picture and HOPED it meant a 3D house.

I LOVE the 3D houses! Jack-O-VIsion, while not the least bit scary, is one of my favorite houses of all time. I saw the picture and HOPED it meant a 3D house.

Good to know I'm not the only one.

I Loved Jack-o-Vision too, I wish it was more scary, I mean, why couldn't the entire house be like the last room with the clowns with fangs,

but either way it was really cool, I loved it, i went to that house a bunch of times, one time i went without the glasses even

I Loved Jack-o-Vision too, I wish it was more scary, I mean, why couldn't the entire house be like the last room with the clowns with fangs,

but either way it was really cool, I loved it, i went to that house a bunch of times, one time i went without the glasses even

We wore the glasses in every other house the second night to see if there were any little easter eggs hidden...didn't find anything else, but there were some lights and stuff here in there in the park that seemed to be "enhanced" by the glasses. Sooooooo wish I had them last year for the Muerto Scare Zone!