HHN XXI Speculation II

On "The Thing" debate on stage 22, I am going to have to side with Dr. Jimmy. We may not have all the clues, but, that doesn't mean that Dr. Jimmy doesn't have sources that have told him something we don't know.

Also, in other speculation, I feel like we will see a pirate themed house with really tight fitting costumes. I think we will see something having to do with luck, but maybe not gambling. I think we will have a house that portrays the glitz and glamour of the 1920 & 30's, but with twist. You know, the bright colored clothing worn by people like Dick Tracy. Also, who knows, I really feel like a dragon will be part of this event.

How's this for speculation?

You know what they say, the best place to hide something is right out in the open......

Happy Speculation, and let the good times roll... ;)

I think the only possible place for a Pirate Ship themed house is the Parade Building and with the codenames it could work. Some of history's pirates were spanish.

On a separate note another possible theme is a Spanish fort somewhere in central america during the Aztec war.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I feel like there is nothing to speculate on specifically. The thing house we know is going to be there and it is in either ss 22 or 23 but we will find that out during the even plus is not that big of a deal. There's absolutely nothing big on the website and no one is taking construction pictures. Everything is slow this year. Does anyone else feel this way?

Why do I feel like there is nothing to speculate on specifically. The thing house we know is going to be there and it is in either ss 22 or 23 but we will find that out during the even plus is not that big of a deal. There's absolutely nothing big on the website and no one is taking construction pictures. Everything is slow this year. Does anyone else feel this way?

I agree. There are, though, instructional pictures at HHN rumors. I don't know why they aren't posted here as well, but you can see some there. I'm a little disappointed that we aren't getting much web action. Or is it still possible for it to kick up?

I agree. There are, though, instructional pictures at HHN rumors. I don't know why they aren't posted here as well, but you can see some there. I'm a little disappointed that we aren't getting much web action. Or is it still possible for it to kick up?

I hope so, they need to kick it up soon cause this 21 day update is getting old. I like following the website not getting a little thing every once in a while until the full reveal.

I have a friend who was cast in the Sting Alley scarezone. But we've also had confirmation on a NY scarezone.. are these going to be tired together, or the same scarezone? I don't know much about the casting process, obviously, but do they normally cast two areas for one zone? My friend also said that in orientation they were told there was going to be 8 zones.. then again, he also told me that this was the first year there would be two houses in SS23.... clearly that's incorrect, so I have no idea.

Casey

edit: Apparently I don't know how to spell "orientation"..

Edited by TeenageHorror

I have a friend who was cast in the Sting Alley scarezone. But we've also had confirmation on a NY scarezone.. are these going to be tired together, or the same scarezone? I don't know much about the casting process, obviously, but do they normally cast two areas for one zone? My friend also said that in orinetation they were told there was going to be 8 zones.. then again, he also told me that this was the first year there would be two houses in SS23.... clearly that's incorrect, so I have no idea.

The separation of the two was more of what I was asking about a couple post up

Do you think there could be a separation? If there was, the NY zone could extend from the Twister store to about about where the lockers are for The Mummy, and then the Sting Alley Zone, but I feel that wouldn't make sense. I mean, they're clearly going for new scarezone locations this year, but why would they do two separate zones in the NY area. But if they're the same zone, why would we have people cast in NY, and people cast in Sting Alley. It's possible I'm reading too much into this considering it's currently 5 am...

Casey

Do you think there could be a separation? If there was, the NY zone could extend from the Twister store to about about where the lockers are for The Mummy, and then the Sting Alley Zone, but I feel that wouldn't make sense. I mean, they're clearly going for new scarezone locations this year, but why would they do two separate zones in the NY area. But if they're the same zone, why would we have people cast in NY, and people cast in Sting Alley. It's possible I'm reading too much into this considering it's currently 5 am...

Casey

I've thought about it, but I'm hesitant to say there are two "New York" zones (Library and Sting Alley). I say that for a couple of reasons: 1) The amount of casting across the park this year doesn't seem to support an additional zone (which is what it would be, two zones instead of one). I could be wrong, but the numbers seem about the same, if not less than, previous years. 2) Sting Alley is the "new," "hip" area to design scarezones around when it comes to "New York." It's the hip, unique section of New York that, despite its enclosed area, allows more creativity than the open streets do. Also, their proximity (and technically, both being part of "New York" proper) would imply a continuity of theme between the two zones. At that point, it's best to focus on one area.

Now, to address the "Sting Alley" casting and the "New York" casting, it could be two members of the same management team (Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager) saying two variations of the same thing. Technically, the person saying "New York" is just as correct as the person saying "Sting Alley." Last year, all the scareactors were told "New York" leading up to rehearsals, when Sting Alley was revealed. It could just boil down to the person.

In other words, both a Sting Alley and New York zone would be a surprise, and would require a lot more logistics than we've seen. A second New York zone would, potentially, take away a prime Roaming CSDT spot (if it returns) that it always hung around last year.

Does anyone else get the idea that the remaining hand has been charred off not cut? It could explain the smoke effect towards the end. It looks as if the hand was burned not cut. And I'm stretching it a little here but it does mention in the description of the event, about electrifying scarezones... What if our possible icon electricutes or burns their victims?

Actually I noticed that the skin looked a little dry near the wrist but I thought it could be because of decomposition,but your right the skin does look charred .

I've thought about it, but I'm hesitant to say there are two "New York" zones (Library and Sting Alley). I say that for a couple of reasons: 1) The amount of casting across the park this year doesn't seem to support an additional zone (which is what it would be, two zones instead of one). I could be wrong, but the numbers seem about the same, if not less than, previous years. 2) Sting Alley is the "new," "hip" area to design scarezones around when it comes to "New York." It's the hip, unique section of New York that, despite its enclosed area, allows more creativity than the open streets do. Also, their proximity (and technically, both being part of "New York" proper) would imply a continuity of theme between the two zones. At that point, it's best to focus on one area.

Now, to address the "Sting Alley" casting and the "New York" casting, it could be two members of the same management team (Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager) saying two variations of the same thing. Technically, the person saying "New York" is just as correct as the person saying "Sting Alley." Last year, all the scareactors were told "New York" leading up to rehearsals, when Sting Alley was revealed. It could just boil down to the person.

In other words, both a Sting Alley and New York zone would be a surprise, and would require a lot more logistics than we've seen. A second New York zone would, potentially, take away a prime Roaming CSDT spot (if it returns) that it always hung around last year.

Well said Legacy, and was pretty much my thoughts exactly

ASM's and SM's don't exist yet; Nobody has received those titles, yet. Or if they have, they're not giving the calls backs and there's a very small amount of management at this point. It's actually people in human resources giving those calls backs and it's typically the same team members giving those calls.

It's early in the morning, but I'm going with...

Marshmallow = Giant Peep

Or teenagers playing "chubby bunny"? Maybe the Easter portion has victim who has choked to death from large amounts of marshmallow treats stuffed into his/her mouth. I clearly watch "1000 Ways to Die" way too much. But it is a thought.

Casey

Or teenagers playing "chubby bunny"? Maybe the Easter portion has victim who has choked to death from large amounts of marshmallow treats stuffed into his/her mouth. I clearly watch "1000 Ways to Die" way too much. But it is a thought.

Casey

I just saw that episode the other night, I was glad that chick died. She was a b*tch. As for a giant marshmallow peep, that's some scary stuff right there. Seriously they could do something with that where you look and think "aww look at the big peep ha ha" then someone jumps out at you from the other side or the peep itself gets ya. Kind of like the chair last year in LT. I'm kind of being dumb but it wouldn't surprise me to see a marshmallow peep in an Easter themed room if holidays are the theme of that house.

I dont know if any one else has said this already, but i was in the line for jaws and the curtain was open for the HHN house and i saw big a gas tank that said pyro-fx on it. So i am thinking their will be fire in the house this year.

Actually, now I'm starting to see another possibility for the Disaster queue. What if it's some sort of candy factory? The holiday idea seems a bit more likely, but a candy factory could be interesting too.

People were speculating a while back about the idea of a horror version of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, and someone mentioned the film Gobstopper as a reference point.

I dont know if any one else has said this already, but i was in the line for jaws and the curtain was open for the HHN house and i saw big a gas tank that said pyro-fx on it. So i am thinking their will be fire in the house this year.

It sounds like it might just be leftover from Orfanage.

People were speculating a while back about the idea of a horror version of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, and someone mentioned the film Gobstopper as a reference point.

Gobstopper, unfortunately, does not exist. It was a fake trailer made by Funny or Die for a non-existent movie.

But the concept itself, evil Willy Wonka (how about "Killy Wonka"?) could definitely work. That's something I'd love to see! :lol:

I'm still waiting for the return of the "ICON HOUSE" (Screamhouse, Die-In...). Hopefully whoever the icon is this year her/his house is epic.

The Dr. is always right. My sources told me so.

Sadly, I'm not always right. But I am the first to admit this when I am wrong.

Quite possible. Usually the colors are:

Pride- Violet

Envy- Green

Gluttony- Orange

Lust- Blue

Anger- Red

Greed- Yellow

Sloth- Light Blue

But they do tend to vary. The "gold" people could actually be orange, and Sloth could have been changed to Pink for greater color variety.

But what does grey stand for then, I wonder.....

I think New York is Sting Alley.

There are apparently two locations: New York and Sting Alley. As I am aware that the Rat Lady will be in New York, I believe that the New York location is being given for her and her attendants, whereas Sting Alley is so designated to separate the scarezone from this.

As for Willy Wonka, as I originated that speculation, let me just say that I now think the Disaster House will most likely be a television station where a vampiric Horror Host will be holding a Midnight Movie Marathon of Holiday themed horror films....