HHN XXI Speculation II

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the sets are color televisions, otherwise the ones with "technical difficulties" would not be showing a color test pattern. I wonder what the B&W movie/movies on the other screens is/are? can anybody identify it/them yet?

I recognize Night of the Living Dead and Creature from the Haunted Sea but other than them, no.

Regarding the game:

The key game has a cemetery and blue lights (lanterns) hanging on the doors (as pointed out by Pumpkin on the Our Mutual Friend thread. So this game ties in with Hint #4. So then this part of the game could be tied in with one house. The name on the tombstone, Elizabeth Hawthorn, would seem to be tied into this house rather than as an overall icon. Unless, of course, this is the icon house.

With the tv game, the first part is the phone. On the notepad it says "re: job offer You have two calls waiting...Line 2 is the Taxidermy Company. Line 10 is WKNB, the telivision station." This game is obviously alluding to Hint #3, thus representing another house (Disaster).

Where it comes together is under 'The House' tab. Under the house of cards there are 8 tokens. When you beat each game, half of one token becomes filled in. It seems like we will be getting more games as time goes on, one representing each house.

There is no television station with the call sign WKNB, there is a FM radio station in Pennsylvania with those letters which plays country western music.

Thus this is a purely fictitious television station as one would expect, but there IS a WKBN located in Youngstown, Ohio. So I cannot help but wonder, could our WKNB also be located in Ohio? If so in Carey?

So, this might be a bit of a stretch, but wasn't the original RUN a "game show"? And the original concept had a ton of random scenes, I believe. I don't know much about what the Disaster house is, but the TVs and such kind of made me think of the idea of a game show.

Edited by Goo

So, this might be a bit of a stretch, but wasn't the original RUN a "game show"? And the original concept had a ton of random scenes, I believe. I don't know much about what the Disaster house is, but the TVs and such kind of made me think of the idea of a game show.

As a refresher, Disaster includes the television studio/production props, as well as the holidays scenes. We know for sure Easter and Christmas, but the role names seem to suggest there will be many other holidays as well.

There is no television station with the call sign WKNB, there is a FM radio station in Pennsylvania with those letters which plays country western music.

Thus this is a purely fictitious television station as one would expect, but there IS a WKBN located in Youngstown, Ohio. So I cannot help but wonder, could our WKNB also be located in Ohio? If so in Carey?

Oh good ol' Youngstown, my home town.

They love using Carey, Ohio. Maybe the TV station is based out of the area. How fun would that be.

Looks like a sort of media "letter" was sent out today. The name on it was "Senica"? Are icon name?

Chad posted it on twitter. Said he received it today

Ah, then no, the name Seneca has nothing to do with the Icon. This is a quotation by Seneca which was the name of a Roman philosopher. Actually there were two Senecas father and son. The older was a rhetorician, the younger a philosopher and playwright. I am not sure which is being quoted off the top of my head.

Perhaps a nod to the Charles B. from our own HHN fan community? Wouldn't be the first time they've done a nod to fans.

Is it possible the reference is towards Charles B. Pierce? The filmmaker mostly known for Legend Of Boggy Creek and The Town That Dreaded Sundown.

This is something I suggested on Dr. Jimmy's youtube channel...

Edited by YourPallbearer

Is it possible the reference is towards Charles B. Pierce? The filmmaker mostly known for Legend Of Boggy Creek and The Town That Dreaded Sundown.

This is something I suggested on Dr. Jimmy's youtube channel...

No, a Charles who's last name begins with the letter B. Thus, Charles B.

When I looked up the name "Elizabeth Hawthorn" just to see if it got any interesting hits on Google, I came upon an actress [Elizabeth Hawthorne] on IMDb. Her top credit in her list is a show called "Outrageous Fortune" which I found ironic considering the more than possible idea that Lady Luck/Fate is the Icon this year. She was also an actress on the Hercules television series, which I also found slightly funny since it's a well known Universal show that used to have an attraction in the Orlando park.

I really have no other speculations at this time. I was wondering how far people had gotten in the building of the card house. What is the farthest progress shot? Would someone be willing to post it?

When I looked up the name "Elizabeth Hawthorn" just to see if it got any interesting hits on Google, I came upon an actress [Elizabeth Hawthorne] on IMDb. Her top credit in her list is a show called "Outrageous Fortune" which I found ironic considering the more than possible idea that Lady Luck/Fate is the Icon this year. She was also an actress on the Hercules television series, which I also found slightly funny since it's a well known Universal show that used to have an attraction in the Orlando park.

I really have no other speculations at this time. I was wondering how far people had gotten in the building of the card house. What is the farthest progress shot? Would someone be willing to post it?

Hi Lonely girl, Welcome to the forums

Edited by black mask

This is the furthest the house of cards has reached after two games:

houseocards.jpg

This is the furthest the house of cards has reached after two games:

houseocards.jpg

Also worth noting - no matter how many times you beat either of the games, the house of cards will NOT expand. I've got 1000+ tokens now and it remains the same - we'll have to wait for some new games.

Congratulations Fallow on dethroning me from the top of the leaderboard while I slept. It's pretty cool members of this site are leading the way. I was actually wondering if we might actually get a special e mail hint if we topped the board or amassed a lot of tokens but it would appear that's not the case.

Has anyone looked at the facebook page for HHN 21? The likes are the Thing and Saw. Since we figure there may be a 3-d house and saw was in 3-d...just trying to connect the pieces

I don't think they're going to do a Saw house again especially since it seems like A&D wants to stay away from using too many "victims" in houses and that's exactly what a Saw house would use the most of.

I don't think they're going to do a Saw house again especially since it seems like A&D wants to stay away from using too many "victims" in houses and that's exactly what a Saw house would use the most of.

True but also look at all the "facts" that have been proven to not be likely this year and who knows, maybe A&D is reading this right now saying "HA! They'll never expect this! This is going to completely surprise everyone" and isn't surprises and twists what this year is all about and you never really know what twists and turns Fate has in store for you.

True but also look at all the "facts" that have been proven to not be likely this year and who knows, maybe A&D is reading this right now saying "HA! They'll never expect this! This is going to completely surprise everyone" and isn't surprises and twists what this year is all about and you never really know what twists and turns Fate has in store for you.

There will be no SAW house this year. There will be Saws, and perhaps Saws n Steam... but no SAW. =)

Throwing knives thrown at a roulette, if I had to guess. Not sure what the "momento" means.

According to the you tube info the sound was a cleaver being sharper and then being brought down on something. Possibly the severed hand on the teaser trailer? I would imagine what is chopped off is the memento lol