HHN XXI Construction

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing the ceilings is advantageous because it lets you share lights and speakers for multiple rooms instead of needing to give each room its own dedicated setup. It also saves money on construction materials.

I agree to that to some extent but some rooms within a house need their own setup. You don't want to be walking through a particular part of a house and get distracted from the sounds and flashing lights coming from another part of the house. The anticipation of a scare coming from just around the corner is what makes a house so great. Sometimes it's good to be left in the dark... ;)

I agree to that to some extent but some rooms within a house need their own setup. You don't want to be walking through a particular part of a house and get distracted from the sounds and flashing lights coming from another part of the house. The anticipation of a scare coming from just around the corner is what makes a house so great. Sometimes it's good to be left in the dark... ;)

If the scareactors are doing their job, you won't be looking up.

If the scareactors are doing their job, you won't be looking up.

That is another very good point but there's still that one person who will look away for just a moment when a flash of light goes off or something strictly out of impulse. And sometimes that quick 1 second distraction is just enough for the guest to miss something really cool in that psrticular area of the house. I myself are guilty of this... :D

Edited by HORRORLANDO

I've just heard that there are now speakers on the facade for sprung tent 1.

yea there is speakers, but that's about it, its surprising no one has speculated on the sprung tent 2 with it having the S.I.F. put up in the entrance way.

Sorry Calvary, hazy when it comes to certain stuff

No lol its all good. With construction moving as fast as it is, i have a feeling there might be a break period were not much will change then scenic will come in and we'll get some better clues for house themes.

i wonder when they will start doing sound testing?construction pics are great guys keep them coming!

I'd imagine they would start sound testing as soon as possible; they want to have as much time as they can to make sure the sounds, well, sound right. I find it unlikely that we'll get to hear anything before the event begins, as they can just do it at night.

That is another very good point but there's still that one person who will look away for just a moment when a flash of light goes off or something strictly out of impulse. And sometimes that quick 1 second distraction is just enough for the guest to miss something really cool in that psrticular area of the house. I myself are guilty of this... :D

yeah I agree, also with roofs I think the houses would be overall scarier, a lot of times I am taken back to reality because of the roofless houses like Legendary truth, seeing the sound stage roof , some houses would be really scary if you looked up and saw nothing, or a black roof, that would freak me out

Edited by black mask

I can't tell: is the Jaws facade in the same location as always?

It is in the same location; however, it is built further away from the doors. It's like they entended the entrance to where you will enter before the normal doors located on the building

It is in the same location; however, it is built further away from the doors. It's like they entended the entrance to where you will enter before the normal doors located on the building

This is becoming the year of the extended entrance...

yeah I agree, also with roofs I think the houses would be overall scarier, a lot of times I am taken back to reality because of the roofless houses like Legendary truth, seeing the sound stage roof , some houses would be really scary if you looked up and saw nothing, or a black roof, that would freak me out

That is another aspect I totally agree on. Looking up and seeing the tops of the tents, soundstages, parade buliding etc...really can give you that sense of feeling that ok you are just in a house that isn't real. With having the entire house covered in my opinion really makes the experience come to life. Your brain can't recongnize something if you don't see it therefore making the house feel more alive...

This is becoming the year of the extended entrance...

Yes indeed... :)

I was permitted to do a walk through during the day time and talked with a few of the designers of HHN. Originally they did have some sort of ceiling for several of the houses, but the county/city fire inspector would not give them the necessary safety permits if they remained in place. The issue is that any sort of ceiling could prevent water flow of the emergency sprinker system. That being said, they do recognize that it removes a some of the emersive factor in the houses. I personally think they will try to implement some sort of mesh material that can give the impression of being closed in, but will meet fire codes. We shall see.

Is there enough room between where they have the facade and the actual building to have a room? Basically what I'm wondering is it possible we're getting one more room in the houses with the extended facade. If there is could they put a roof on that one room? Almost tricking us into thinking there is a roof throughout the whole house by having one in the initial "room"

Regarding the roofs - I understand the fire code concerns, but what I don't get is HHN has had roofs for... well, 19 years with no problems. HHN19 an 18 DEFINITELY had black tarp roofs which were extremely effective. Why this sudden requirement for no roofs?