HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree--I think we should have another human icon. Fear was such a letdown this year; I think having another creepy, evil human (dead OR alive: Im not picky) would be a hoot and a half :] Then again, Im all for the return of Bloody Mary.....but that's just wishful thinking :P

I think fear was incomplete, the parts of him that were completed (one arm, his head) looked really cool, the human parts sucked big time, and the worst thing is that, if they were going to a whole costume for him, they could have as well made his whole body branches, or burned, anything, but to see his bare chest, that was kinda dumb, I also hated his burned fingers...anyways

back to topic, yeah I guess a Human Icon, I wanted to see a creature maybe, a gargoyle? a demon? But the problem is the same, they might do what they did with Fear and just give us half of a gargoyle or half a demon,

I don't know, a physco doctor, that was bloody mary, there has to be more options, I mean besides the same old horror type characters, I thought about a butcher but that was leave it to cleaver,

My apologies to the mods if this dosn't belong here but my wish is for a year-round tribute to HHN beyond a couple statues

in the lobby of the Horror Makeup Show. It's got to be the resorts single biggest event in revenue and press coverage and deserves

some real recogination. The most obvious location would be in the Lucy tribute...perfect size and the gift shop could sell classic

Universal Monsters merchandise, movies, and posters. Don't know what kind of contract they have for the Lucy stuff but it's a good

chunk of prime park real estate that hardly ever seems to be busy. Inagine some displays like we had in the VIP lounge with a video

and a few interactive exhibits. Obviously it would be great for us nuts, but I think it has a wider apeal to even a casual park guest

than Lucy does.

My apologies to the mods if this dosn't belong here but my wish is for a year-round tribute to HHN beyond a couple statues

in the lobby of the Horror Makeup Show. It's got to be the resorts single biggest event in revenue and press coverage and deserves

some real recogination. The most obvious location would be in the Lucy tribute...perfect size and the gift shop could sell classic

Universal Monsters merchandise, movies, and posters. Don't know what kind of contract they have for the Lucy stuff but it's a good

chunk of prime park real estate that hardly ever seems to be busy. Inagine some displays like we had in the VIP lounge with a video

and a few interactive exhibits. Obviously it would be great for us nuts, but I think it has a wider apeal to even a casual park guest

than Lucy does.

that actually sounds really cool, I wonder if people would like that or not, I wonder if they could do something like the VIP lounge or an actual show, like the horror make up show, or even maybe a show with actors playing the icons, i like the idea but I don't know if people would like it, or it that would affect the HHN event,

and about Lucy, yeah I kinda wish they did something new over there,

What do I want in 2011? Catacombs 2: Electric Boogaloo. I'm only 10% joking there. I want Catacombs to come back, maybe not next year but eventually.

I know it's not even a possibility, but putting the emphasis on "wishful" rather than "thinking", I would die to see the Wizarding World overthrown by Death Eaters, complete with stilt walking dementors.

I, like many of you have said, like the idea of Icons, specifically The _________. I remember reading here, or maybe an old Vault post, where somebody came up with the idea of "The Conductor" and "The Photographer."

I like these ideas. I want to see The Usher have his time in the spot light. Ads, billboards and commercials. I think it's unfortunate that, in my opinion, the best icon wasn't used like the others had been.

-Control over the amount of "ops". Didn't encounter a single good op the entire event. Not a single one. They were always distracting, annoying, and/or rude. Stop telling me to move forward, I'll go at my own damn pace. The flashlights are absolutely ridiculous. Give them the hoods that were tested in Catacombs - that might help. But even hoods aren't going to help the attitudes that most of the ops seem to have. Something needs to change with that, or the houses are going to be far less "appreciate the incredible worlds A&D have built and get scared shitless" and much more "gogogo as fast as you can through a claustrophobic warehouse".

Boy do I agree about those damn ops. I'm sorry but they do really piss me off. I was walking through Catacombs and this lady was telling me to go faster, and in my mind (excuse my language) I was saying, "Bitch there are people in front of me, what do you want me to do? Walk over everybody?" Though I'm sure they come in handy if something bad ever happens. Say a fight with the scareactors or something.

I want to see The Usher have his time in the spot light. Ads, billboards and commercials. I think it's unfortunate that, in my opinion, the best icon wasn't used like the others had been.

I second that. HHN 19 was one of my favorite years and it would be nice to have The Usher brought back and utilized alot more...

I know it's not even a possibility, but putting the emphasis on "wishful" rather than "thinking", I would die to see the Wizarding World overthrown by Death Eaters, complete with stilt walking dementors.

That sounds awesome, but would Rowling allow HHN to "ruin" her precious land even if it is populated with her own creations such as the dementors? That would be awesome if she allowed that.

With Hades this year being so successful, I wouldn't mind another Greek mythology house to return, but with a different story and different monsters i.e. (Hellhounds, Harpies, Lernaean Hydra, etc.)...

... or a house based on a Cambodian temple, where spirits of the damned roam free and possess the statues within the temple itself. Think of the movie, Tomb Raider as an example.

Imagine this guy (Asura) in the house, out to get you:

BuddhistSculpture.jpg

With Hades this year being so successful, I wouldn't mind another Greek mythology house to return, but with a different story and different monsters i.e. (Hellhounds, Harpies, Lernaean Hydra, etc.)...

... or a house based on a Cambodian temple, where spirits of the damned roam free and possess the statues within the temple itself. Think of the movie, Tomb Raider as an example.

Imagine this guy (Asura) in the house, out to get you:

BuddhistSculpture.jpg

See this is what I mean, HHN cannot be out of answers can it? there are so many things that can be done, but it always seems to fall into the same thing, (Zombies, I wouldn't mind if I never see them again)

To be perfectly honest, I want one thing above most other things. I want to see a (for lack of better phrase) "Iconic" icon. For some reason, I haven't felt like an icon has found a way to "stick" like Jack, the Director, or the Caretaker have in some time. Of course you have Mary, who's backstory was amazing and the most elaborate, but since the backstory was the only original part about her, I find it hard to consider her to be an icon like these original characters.

That being said, the Usher was completely original, but barely used in marketing at all due to the milking of the movie characters that year. We need an icon that's going to stick around for a while. A new classic icon that we'll all become sick of after they use him/her so many times BECAUSE of the initial success of that icon. So Uni, please come up with something new and completely original, use that icon in advertisement as well as around the park (hopefully a title house), and then see what happens.

I don't know, maybe that's just the way I feel but I think that'll help a lot. The intensity of the houses needs to be upped a little as well. Last year, while I didn't think any houses were, "bad", no house had me walking out saying, "Wow that was scary", and I'm a relatively easy scare. Lots of missed opportunities for scares along with the aforementioned weak endings led to a weaker house experience overall. Hopefully they up the anti on the scare factor this year.

^^^^My 2 cents :D

What about a TRON sort of house. Like an alternate technological/future dimension. That would be cool with the black- lit costumes and walls. Would deffinatly keep you on your toes. The only thing that would be an issue is the costumes possibly giving away the scare from boo holes.

So you really liked the movie ah?

A Tron Ride would be amazing, a 3D ride, like the simpsons ride or spiderman, would be so cool, the movie was from Disney so I am hoping they do a ride in the Disney parks,

about a house, I have a feeling Interstellar terror even though was a spaceship, already had the technological future dimension feel to it, and it sucked so bad, I don't know how they could make it any better... :mellow:

That sounds awesome, but would Rowling allow HHN to "ruin" her precious land even if it is populated with her own creations such as the dementors? That would be awesome if she allowed that.

Not just Deatheaters and dementors...she has werewolves, vampires, and all manner of shapeshifters. I think there's even some sort of human eating fae or goblin, too. It could be quite frightening.

Alas...

Mae

just like zombies, another thing I wish I never saw again, (at least in the next 10 years) is Vampires, it makes me feel kinda bad that, with so many monsters and creatures out there, haunted attractions always resort to the same stuff, I would like to see some ghouls, harpies, hell I would even be happy with Big Foot, but I know that 2011's hhn is going to come and we will see some form of vampire or zombie

just like zombies, another thing I wish I never saw again, (at least in the next 10 years) is Vampires, it makes me feel kinda bad that, with so many monsters and creatures out there, haunted attractions always resort to the same stuff, I would like to see some ghouls, harpies, hell I would even be happy with Big Foot, but I know that 2011's hhn is going to come and we will see some form of vampire or zombie

I think if done right, a Big Foot house could be fairly frightening. It'd probably be the dark humor house, but think about it. If you brought in the taller scareactors and got the right costumes (which I have faith in 100% with Universal) and bloodied him up from attacking campers it could be pretty intense.

I think if done right, a Big Foot house could be fairly frightening. It'd probably be the dark humor house, but think about it. If you brought in the taller scareactors and got the right costumes (which I have faith in 100% with Universal) and bloodied him up from attacking campers it could be pretty intense.

I think Knott's Scary Farm had a Bigfoot maze, believe it or not, quite a few years back. It was called, "Bigfoot's Revenge" and it took place in the queue for Bigfoot Rapids. The whole gist of the maze was that scientists looking for Bigfoot himself have gotten brutally killed by the beast and you would see dead corpses of the scientists along the trail. Of course, Bigfoot would jump out and scare the crap out of guests frequently. So a Bigfoot maze would be interesting...then again, they would have a bunch of Knott's fanatics would go after UO for "copying" their maze. :P

I think Knott's Scary Farm had a Bigfoot maze, believe it or not, quite a few years back. It was called, "Bigfoot's Revenge" and it took place in the queue for Bigfoot Rapids. The whole gist of the maze was that scientists looking for Bigfoot himself have gotten brutally killed by the beast and you would see dead corpses of the scientists along the trail. Of course, Bigfoot would jump out and scare the crap out of guests frequently. So a Bigfoot maze would be interesting...then again, they would have a bunch of Knott's fanatics would go after UO for "copying" their maze. :P

Oh wow, I'm actually not too familliar with the details of Knott's Scary Farm so I didn't know that. It would be a different concept though if we were perhaps trying to "track him down" and followed his deadly path of victims (whether they be searchers or just innocent campers). Maybe with L.T. as killswitch suggested. But still, I see your point with the Knott's fanatics. To be fair though almost any idea has been done somewhere. Rarely is anything truly original.

even if they did it before, as long as is new for Universal I don't mind, just like esqueleto Muerte, I know the day of the dead has been done before as well, but this year was the first time I ever saw something like it, (although I don't know if HHN had something like that in years past) but, if is new for Uni, I don't see a problem, and Big Foot is not a Knott's original idea, just like day of the dead isn't

so I could see it happening,

I Just Want a House in The Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the one thing I don't think they have done is a house based on the north pole or something, or a house based on '30 Days of Night" or Big Foot, Anything.

The sound stages are really cold, I know that it could be hot as hell outside and then you enter a stage house and is freezing, and I think snow happens to be very scary, a snow type scenario would be terrifying because not only are you scared of the actors but cold and snow just adds to the fear, specially here where it never snows, also if the house is really dark, would be perfect