HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for both parks to be used, i'd say this:

Have JP, Marvel, Toon Lagoon, and all of Uni open during the event(block off Potter, Seuss and LC).

put a SZ:

in the area between Seuss and the bridge to Marvel,

from the cafe across from Hulk to Toon Lagoon,

JP,

Plaza of the Stars path between Neutron and Shrek

infront of Disaster,

Hollywood Blvd.,

Sting alley and

Kid zone,

plus the pumpkins on the trees on the bridge from Mel's to Kid zone.

put a house:

behind Dr. Doom

2 Sprung tents

JAWS extended Queue

Disaster extended Queue

Parade Building

3 SS's

(2 houses being extreme houses)

rides open:

Hulk

Spidey

Dr. DOOM

Ripsaw

JP RV

Popeye

Mummy

MIB

Simpsons

HRRR(if no problems:))

I know that sounds like a lot(which it is) and it would be VERY expensive, but if Uni were able to cut back on certain things from now until HHNXXV(like 5 SZ's instead of 6, 7 houses instead of 8, close rides during event), they could make a kick-ass 25th anniversary!

Edited by orlandinorules56

I'm not in Orlando, so please forgive me for not doing my homework...but where did that crazy rumor start anyway?

Lol, over on the late Vault in about 2007 some guy said "Yea, my friend who works at Dip N Dots in IOA said that his manager came in and said next year HHN was going to be a homecoming event and there was going to be a big tent over it." This was after Sweet 16. Which is one of the reasons why it was so damn funny the other was just how ludicrous it was...and the source. Hysterical stuff. A bit of humorous nostalgia for us.

Sure FEAR was dark. But not real, grisly, realism.

I had my hopes high for LT in terms of realism, but it disappointed so much. I'm looking for a gritty and controversial theme. Voodoo/Santeria which has been mentioned would be my most anticipated. I wouldn't mind seeing a house that uses silence, claustrophobia, and pure darkness as a device to scare people (ala blurrycam Blair Witch type movies) Just subtle sounds and quick scares.

I think it's one of the reasons that I liked Catacombs so much. It had moments of just dark and silence and then a subtle cough e-prompt and boom, full on scares from three of four Doctors. The house had the feel of a real freshly excavated tomb and intense pacing. The tightness of the house also gave it the opportunity to have a longer layout in such a small space.

Edited by King_K.

I had my hopes high for LT in terms of realism, but it disappointed so much. I'm looking for a gritty and controversial theme. Voodoo/Santeria which has been mentioned would be my most anticipated. I wouldn't mind seeing a house that uses silence, claustrophobia, and pure darkness as a device to scare people (ala blurrycam Blair Witch type movies) Just subtle sounds and quick scares.

I think it's one of the reasons that I liked Catacombs so much. It had moments of just dark and silence and then a subtle cough e-prompt and boom, full on scares from three of four Doctors. The house had the feel of a real freshly excavated tomb and intense pacing. The tightness of the house also gave it the opportunity to have a longer layout in such a small space.

I agree on what you said about the catacombs house. At first I didn't really like it but when I went through it a few more times it definitely was alot better. There were things that I didn't see when I went through it the first time...

Well I completely agree, I was thinking about writing a review, but the main thing I wanted to say is that, This year was alot of fun, A lot, a lot of fun and entertaining, but not scary, and is not me, Whenever I come out of a house I couldn't help to hear other people, the people in front of me or behind, and, almost every night I would hear people saying, What was that about? it was cool but not scary, and I know there are people that usually say that but this time it was all kinds of people, I admit I get really scared at times, the houses still get me, but this year felt more fun than scary, which is a good thing, but maybe next year they should do exactly what you said, the darkness-silence type of houses,

I think one of the reasons that this year felt a little bit disappointed this year (to me at least) is that they market this year as horrifying, they market it dark and scary, from the website to the Warehouse game to the gate video, it felt like it was going to be very dark and scary, but it turned out to be the other way, it was very colorful, had great energy from the actors and it was fun, the only houses indeed was catacombs and Havoc that felt actually scary, all the other houses had scares but were not really scary as themes go, well, If they do something similar next year I won't complain, it would be cool to see a dark year but if its like this one it would be nice as well

Guest FL Universal Jax

Does anyone think we will see a house related to "The Thing," appearing this year (2011)? I mean, think about this, Mike Aiello showed us the trailer for the upcomming (2011) release of "The Thing."

I am having a hard time thinking that A&D was given this trailer simply to show at a VIP session. Is it conceivable that a "Thing" house will appear, much like Wolfman did last year? It seems logical that they were given the trailer to perhaps begin designing a house?

What do you guy's think?

In other news, I would love to see Havoc be made into a street zone. Cudos to the scareactors for their excellent performance! I would also like to see something done using the various sets on Delancy street. Now, I know that the Blues Brothers show is there, but I think it would be cool to utilize that area. Especially since it has an errie feel during HHN.

As much as I hate to admitt it, I would like very much to see a house revolving around aliens. Perhaps a house that is a space ship, where in each room an alien was experimenting on a human. At the begining of the house you could be transported to the ship, then walk through the different expirements being done on humans, just like yourself. Whishful thinking I guess...

Does anyone think we will see a house related to "The Thing," appearing this year (2011)? I mean, think about this, Mike Aiello showed us the trailer for the upcomming (2011) release of "The Thing."

As much as I hate to admitt it, I would like very much to see a house revolving around aliens. Perhaps a house that is a space ship, where in each room an alien was experimenting on a human. At the begining of the house you could be transported to the ship, then walk through the different expirements being done on humans, just like yourself. Whishful thinking I guess...

I would love to see another "The Thing" house. It be great to see it done in an SS too.

You could really almost have an "alien"-esque type of theme or something. Not REALLY goofy aliens, but something from another planet. Where maybe we're going to HHN so they can harvest our souls or something. I dunno.

I'd also love to see another Interstellar Terror.

I am having a hard time thinking that A&D was given this trailer simply to show at a VIP session. Is it conceivable that a "Thing" house will appear, much like Wolfman did last year? It seems logical that they were given the trailer to perhaps begin designing a house?

What do you guy's think?

In other news, I would love to see Havoc be made into a street zone. Cudos to the scareactors for their excellent performance! I would also like to see something done using the various sets on Delancy street. Now, I know that the Blues Brothers show is there, but I think it would be cool to utilize that area. Especially since it has an errie feel during HHN.

I would love to see another "The Thing" house. It be great to see it done in an SS too.

You could really almost have an "alien"-esque type of theme or something. Not REALLY goofy aliens, but something from another planet. Where maybe we're going to HHN so they can harvest our souls or something. I dunno.

I'd also love to see another Interstellar Terror.

The Thing house, I Would Love to see it come back, that is one house that I would not be tired to see again, I know they had a room in 09, but It totally deserves to come back, The thing in 07 is the one house that manage to scare the living crap out of me in my history if HHN going, I don't know but the props and the story of the house, I almost ran out the first time, I really hope we get to see it, if they showed the trailer I wish and hope is because of this.

About the Alien house, do you gues mean the movie "aliens" or UFO type of aliens?

The one reason I hated Interstellar terror So Much is because I totalle expected aliens to pop up, I expected some really scary aliens, so that let to one of the biggest disappointments for me,

and funny enough, in the days of the vault I remember in the section of "your own ideas for a house" I made a thread about an alien house, with like armyofrobots said not goofy aliens but scary aliens, I thought the idea of setting the house in a farm, and seeing lights in the sky, and having the house with a family that is being abducted to the ship, and then experimented on, and I remember other members started to write really good ideas for an alien house as well, someone wrote a room by room description, which sounded pretty horrifying if HHN was able to pull off

I have to say, If they did an alien house with an abduction in the style of "A Fire in The Sky" It could be really, really scary

Edited by black7mask

Guest FL Universal Jax

About the Alien house, do you gues mean the movie "aliens" or UFO type of aliens?

The one reason I hated Interstellar terror So Much is because I totalle expected aliens to pop up, I expected some really scary aliens, so that let to one of the biggest disappointments for me,

and funny enough, in the days of the vault I remember in the section of "your own ideas for a house" I made a thread about an alien house, with like armyofrobots said not goofy aliens but scary aliens, I thought the idea of setting the house in a farm, and seeing lights in the sky, and having the house with a family that is being abducted to the ship, and then experimented on, and I remember other members started to write really good ideas for an alien house as well, someone wrote a room by room description, which sounded pretty horrifying if HHN was able to pull off

I have to say, If they did an alien house with an abduction in the style of "A Fire in The Sky" It could be really, really scary

I would think it would be a scary type alien house. One where aliens perhaps need to harvest materials from your body. Almost like the water from humans in Saws n' Steam. The story could take place on a ship above a farm or something. When you are transported to the ship, you would go through each room, which looks alien. In each room would be a human being ripped apart for the materials that they posess. The story line could be something like, "With your help, they will return safely." Where "with your help" means you being the sacrafice, and " will return safely" would be something like the parts from your body will fuel their ship in order for them to get back.

I would think it would be a scary type alien house. One where aliens perhaps need to harvest materials from your body. Almost like the water from humans in Saws n' Steam. The story could take place on a ship above a farm or something. When you are transported to the ship, you would go through each room, which looks alien. In each room would be a human being ripped apart for the materials that they posess. The story line could be something like, "With your help, they will return safely." Where "with your help" means you being the sacrafice, and " will return safely" would be something like the parts from your body will fuel their ship in order for them to get back.

That sounds pretty good, and I could see it working for HHN, the walls could be black and weird looking, maybe like a weird looking texture,

There have been alien houses in the past, but, I could never find any information about it, It makes me really curious how the house was and if it was a success or a failure,

but even if they used the exact settings of Interstellar terror again But had Really scary aliens i wouldn't mind, the sets in that house were not that bad, what sucked was the theme and the lack of creatures

I'd like to see Cindy become a main Icon for HHN 21. She's been in the minor icons for the past few years, and from what I've seen has generated some fans. I know from some videos of the VIP Lounge for HHN 20, she was THIS close to being the main icon for 20, with carrying the totems for the past icons (instead of Fear), and burned down the tree into the "XX". Instead she got her own house, and her theme got transfered into that. Her house was one of my favorites, and I'd like to see her get a starring role next year, or one of the upcoming years.

I would also like to see another retrospective house like Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past. That was a great house to see, and I've heard a lot of postive reviews for it, plus, it gave first timers highlights of years they have missed. It doesn't HAVE to be every year of HHN like Hallow'd Past did, but maybe bring back an old house from the 90s for old schoolers to nostalgia over, and new schoolers to see the roots of Halloween Horror Nights! Or another idea is just have Hallow'd Past become a permanent house (not likely, because every year it would grow). Regardless, I'd like to see a retrospective house and street-zone like we saw in HHN 20.

I'd like to see Cindy become a main Icon for HHN 21. She's been in the minor icons for the past few years, and from what I've seen has generated some fans. I know from some videos of the VIP Lounge for HHN 20, she was THIS close to being the main icon for 20, with carrying the totems for the past icons (instead of Fear), and burned down the tree into the "XX". Instead she got her own house, and her theme got transfered into that. Her house was one of my favorites, and I'd like to see her get a starring role next year, or one of the upcoming years.

Exactly what I'm saying or at least thinking. She should be the main icon next year.

It wouldn't bother me if Cindy was the icon. But it would be cool to see something completly new and different than what we have seen before

Same here it wouldn't bother me either if we saw her as the icon, But as pertaining to a new age(era) of darkness begins I doubt we will see any old faces for a while...

I say that they wanted to use the double park format again as according to profits it was a huge profitable year and maybe the most money they ever got for a whole year. So like any theme park company they will try to copy the perfect formula. Enough room for new ideas or old unused ideas to come back to the spotlight. Using both unused stages (Toon Lagoon and Fear Factor), operated marquee rides that will suck up the crowds yes keep HP and his land operational but no tampering but maybe old fashion halloween decor (as shown in some movies) to keep the theme throughout the lands. And equal distribution of houses and scarezones can help the guest flow (3-5 houses in each park and 4-5 scarezones in each park). But i only hope this new idea is fresh and not movie based as we already had a dedicated movie year and a reunion year back to back and have no relations with any of past years icons which will most likely happen.

I've never been to an HHN at IOA and seems like it would be a good change. I know theyve done it before but I'm not sold about the idea of the 2 parks. I think it should stay in one park. But thats just my personal opinion though

Actually what would be neat is like an Islands of Lost Icons or something. Where all of the lost or lesser used Icons would reign over one island. It could use Cindy, Eddie, Fate, and others. Possibly the Usher too he hasnt had enough time to blossom i think.

Edited by killswitch22

yes keep HP and his land operational but no tampering but maybe old fashion halloween decor (as shown in some movies) to keep the theme throughout the lands.

keeping Wizarding World open to an HHN crowd without any HHN props would destroy the land and I don't mean in terms of "theming". I don't want to think what would happen to that place with alcohol fueled muggles running around. Makes me heart hurt.

keeping Wizarding World open to an HHN crowd without any HHN props would destroy the land and I don't mean in terms of "theming". I don't want to think what would happen to that place with alcohol fueled muggles running around. Makes me heart hurt.

Agreed. It's bad enough that they destroy the houses at HHN let alone them destroying the entire WWHP...:angry:

But you must know... The Usher has fulfilled his duties for Fear, and has already blossomed to the max, Fear has a plan and unless his plan is to have the Usher come out again to reign supreme, then he will not come back... but I like the idea of "HHNXXI: Lost in time" or " HHNXXI: Islands of Lost Souls" And the lost souls or for a lack of a better word ignored icons are seeking revenge and have teamed up for VENGEANCE upon all, and they need our souls to make them completely manifest themselves in IOA. And it would be a really cool Legendary Truth investigation... hmmm... Maybe your speculation is a good idea... MUAHAHAHAHA! :tallman:

Your right about The Usher. I guess I have a little bias towards him due to the fact he is my favorite icon. But it would definatly be cool if all of the unused or lesser known icons had their time to shine.

The only Icon, That I would love to see again soon is the usher, everyone had their turn at least 3 different years counting HHN 20, the Usher only had 2,

about the idea of the ignored icons are seeking revenge, the only ones are Cindy and Eddie, and I could see them being used for getting revenge maybe but them and the Usher for next year I don't know, the GP would say that why are they seeing the same icons as last year, I could see people complaining about it,