HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

The only Icon, That I would love to see again soon is the usher, everyone had their turn at least 3 different years counting HHN 20, the Usher only had 2,

about the idea of the ignored icons are seeking revenge, the only ones are Cindy and Eddie, and I could see them being used for getting revenge maybe but them and the Usher for next year I don't know, the GP would say that why are they seeing the same icons as last year, I could see people complaining about it,

Imagine what people would say about having The Usher there 3 years straight then.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually surprised to hear some of you guys say that you actually want the Thing back but in remake form. I thought you all hated repeats/rehashes? I think a maze based n the remake could be pretty cool though.

How about something that nobody would ever think to do? How about a Jaws maze? Just picture it. As soon as we enter the Jaws queue, a scareactor in a shark costume would jump out at us and yell, "candy gram!" How about it? :D

Okay, in all seriousness.... are they able to have a maze/house (Depending on what coast you're from. lol) at Nazarman's anymore? Or has that Starbucks sealed its fate? If they are still able to do so, maybe another zombie maze would be quite appropriate there. I know we just had one this year, but it could be something along the lines of Quarantine where an experiment to cure some sickness has gone awry and the scientists turn to ravaging zombies or something.

no thank you to past ideas. boring and have seen a million times.

The magician main icon his house The final act

He is an obsessed Houdini fan who will do anything to prove his magic was real. He captivates you with his performances and kills the people on the stage through the magic trick. People think its fake so they dont know that magic is real. Saying? Do you want to see my final act?

Open to suggestions and feedback

NO MORE REPRESENTATIONS OF FEAR, FATE, OR DEATH. LEAVES YOU AT A DEAD END STREET AND CANT BE INVENTIVE. BORING AND SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN BEFORE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE "FEAR" ICON.

He is an obsessed Houdini fan who will do anything to prove his magic was real. He captivates you with his performances and kills the people on the stage through the magic trick. People think its fake so they dont know that magic is real. Saying? Do you want to see my final act?

Open to suggestions and feedback

NO MORE REPRESENTATIONS OF FEAR, FATE, OR DEATH. LEAVES YOU AT A DEAD END STREET AND CANT BE INVENTIVE. BORING AND SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN BEFORE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE "FEAR" ICON.

WHOA...:blink:

Actually, I really like it! It's similar to the tradition of the other icons while still being something new. It would be a great way to bring back a street show too.

I think that HHN 21 should have a Japanese theme house.

I call it: Yokai: Nightmares of Japan

Kind of like Hades but with Japanese monsters like Kitsunes, Kappas, face stealers ect

That would actually be awesome! Something with evil Japanese spirits! Let's just try to keep it away anything related to the Grudge. :P

For what it's worth, there was a rumor that a clue to HHN21 was Catacombs. I posted the following in the Catacombs thread, but it's more appropriate for here.

The Latin, I don't think, is the clue. What I was able to get from it translated (roughly) into:

"Violent Death" (Latin word I couldn't translate) "Sleep"

"To Hear" (Latin) (Latin) (Latin)

It's a fairly long phrase, and I'm still playing with it some, but considering guests would never be able to see it (there was no show light on it, it can only be seen during a lights on tour), I'm starting to lean more towards another clue.

The final paragraph in the museum portion of the house began with the phrase; "Mankind has always been intrigued by Death." Grammatically, the word "death" should NOT be capitalized there. It's obviously intentional, and capitalizing it personifies death (much the same way Fear is the personification of fear). When you throw in the fact that the rest of the paragraph talks, rather bluntly, about how everything must end and you must fill that time with something suitable while anticipating a new beginning, it begins to eerily correlate with the events of HHN.

The supposed connection with Orfanage, similarly, fits as well. Follow this, it's a bit of a stretch.

Hades deals with monsters in the underworld.

LT deals with ghost who are already dead.

Psychoscarepy deals with either ghost who are already dead or forgotten inmates who are not dead.

Zombiegeddon deals with the undead.

Hallow'd Past deals with the past.

Havoc deals with psychotic super-soldiers.

Catacombs deals with the people dying from the Black Death and the people attempting to prevent it.

Orfanage deals with children dying and the person who caused it.

Catacombs and Orfanage are the only two houses this year that specifically deal with death... or better yet... Death.

We have seen the personification of Fear. We have seen that Universal has toyed with the idea of personifying Fate. Death, suddenly, doesn't seem so far outside the realm of possibility.

That said, Catacombs could easily return as another house or as a street (though those mask would be a nightmare in the streets for scareactors). The Dogs could return or Shadow Creek could be investigated further without the dogs. The Legendary Truth franchise could continue, but only if they "visit" different "locations" which would allow the effects to return in different ways. And with the push towards original content I think we will begin to see a lot less movie references.

Could you PM me the entire Latin phrase? I speak Latin, and for what I can't speak, I have a very good Latin teacher on my side.

^^^ Yeah, I could help out a little too.

I have taken French for everyday of my (school) life since kindergarden (now in 8th). So any paragraphs/ect. from Cats N' Combs that anyone remembers, I might be able to translate.

Edit: I had a thought. All this talk about "Death", makes me wonder. The Caretaker was "Death" this year, and his daughter is Cindy. So, could this point to Cindy for XII. Mabye, maybe not. Kinda going out on a limb on that, but from where we stand right now, anything's possible.

Edited by The Director of Horror

I thought it seemed pretty clear that the Iconic Era was coming to a close, what with the website pre-event and the fact that FEAR's presence was barely felt throughout the event. It just seems like they're starting to ease us off of the use of icons, which I personally don't mind. Then again, they make quite a bit of money off of the merch for the Icons, so we'll see what happens.

That would actually be awesome! Something with evil Japanese spirits! Let's just try to keep it away anything related to the Grudge. :P

I agree, the idea is cool but, I don't see how they could make it scary, we already saw how ghosts don't really work, I mean, I don't know, and, yeah totally away from the Grudge or the ring, even if the originals were better, I still wouldn't want something related to those movies

I agree, the idea is cool but, I don't see how they could make it scary, we already saw how ghosts don't really work, I mean, I don't know, and, yeah totally away from the Grudge or the ring, even if the originals were better, I still wouldn't want something related to those movies

If you're referring to Legendary Truth, I actually thought those ghost were darn scary! That had me dancin' all over the place and screaming when they popped out at me! Of course, this is coming from someone who's very easily scared. ;)

I'm just imagining something like this inside of a sound stage or possibly in the Disaster queue. It could be somewhat similar of a scenario of LT where evil spirits take over some Japanese property and these statues of samurais come to life and have these Japanese spirits and evil water demons from the Japanese house's court yard pond or something like that come after you. There's just so much creative potential with that concept.

If you're referring to Legendary Truth, I actually thought those ghost were darn scary! That had me dancin' all over the place and screaming when they popped out at me! Of course, this is coming from someone who's very easily scared. ;)

I'm just imagining something like this inside of a sound stage or possibly in the Disaster queue. It could be somewhat similar of a scenario of LT where evil spirits take over some Japanese property and these statues of samurais come to life and have these Japanese spirits and evil water demons from the Japanese house's court yard pond or something like that come after you. There's just so much creative potential with that concept.

That's a very interesting concept. I would love to see this happen!

I would really like to see how Universal could make one of those water demons. Maybe like the raptor heads the SA's wore, they could wear a sea-monsters head and pop out.

well, I have to admit these ideas do sound pretty amazing if they were able to pull off, specially if the ghosts make samurai statues come to life, the thing about Legendary truth that failed to me is that, I expected Angry Violent ghosts, I kinda expected to see blood on the walls and team members from the Spirit Seekers being murdered, I also expected glass breaking, the noise of it, the ghosts in Legendary truth reminded me more of Casper's evil uncles, I liked the house, I guess the Japanese ghost house could work if they do it violent

How about something that nobody would ever think to do? How about a Jaws maze? Just picture it. As soon as we enter the Jaws queue, a scareactor in a shark costume would jump out at us and yell, "candy gram!" How about it? :D

LOL!!!!!! LAND SHARK!!!!!! Best old school comedy reference EVER!! :lol:

I like a lot of the suggestions I've read. For me, I would be okay without an icon for a few years. Other things could become the catalyst for the themes and it not have to be about one central character; an earthquake uncovers a lost city revealing an entire civilisation, a steampunk reality with militarized zones and martial law, an alternate reality of cartoons (a la Mirror Mask), and I still like the idea of an entire event based on Stephen King's work. Maybe they could hook up with some of the more poetic and elaborate rock musicians and have the story set to music for some sort of interactive journey. I also think that Legendary Truth deserves another chance, seeing as there is no end to the sort of paranormal and supernatural beings and/or events they could investigate. Havoc in the streets could even work in the steampunk world idea. I'm not sure about Catacombs moving to the streets, as the closed in and claustrophic feel to that house was one of its major factors. I'm not so keen on the 2-park idea, for many of the same reasons already listed. I think it leaves too much open space, which is something that has been complained about repeatedly on this forum. I think that they could, and should, use every inch of the original park before they go back to both. They've made some progress in this, but there is still a lot that could be done. In fact, the open spaces used for Field of Screams and Fright Yard could still be utilized if done well, without leaving the other park open to HHN swarms. Use the rides more, use the 360 globes more, use the darkened parts of Central Park and the bridge between The Simpsons and Amity...there's stuff they could be using right there without having to keep the other side open.

Oh, and one more thing:

I think The Coaster that Shall Not Be Named has put a big dent in our event as a whole and I'm resentful of its very existence. What a waste.

Mae

LOL!!!!!! LAND SHARK!!!!!! Best old school comedy reference EVER!! :lol:

I like a lot of the suggestions I've read. For me, I would be okay without an icon for a few years. Other things could become the catalyst for the themes and it not have to be about one central character; an earthquake uncovers a lost city revealing an entire civilisation, a steampunk reality with militarized zones and martial law, an alternate reality of cartoons (a la Mirror Mask), and I still like the idea of an entire event based on Stephen King's work. Maybe they could hook up with some of the more poetic and elaborate rock musicians and have the story set to music for some sort of interactive journey. I also think that Legendary Truth deserves another chance, seeing as there is no end to the sort of paranormal and supernatural beings and/or events they could investigate. Havoc in the streets could even work in the steampunk world idea. I'm not sure about Catacombs moving to the streets, as the closed in and claustrophic feel to that house was one of its major factors. I'm not so keen on the 2-park idea, for many of the same reasons already listed. I think it leaves too much open space, which is something that has been complained about repeatedly on this forum. I think that they could, and should, use every inch of the original park before they go back to both. They've made some progress in this, but there is still a lot that could be done. In fact, the open spaces used for Field of Screams and Fright Yard could still be utilized if done well, without leaving the other park open to HHN swarms. Use the rides more, use the 360 globes more, use the darkened parts of Central Park and the bridge between The Simpsons and Amity...there's stuff they could be using right there without having to keep the other side open.

Oh, and one more thing:

I think The Coaster that Shall Not Be Named has put a big dent in our event as a whole and I'm resentful of its very existence. What a waste.

Mae

Maybe the sequel to Legendary Truth could work for the just-mentioned Japanese house? Actually scratch that. Having that LT van and all of those wires would just ruin the feel of the whole thing. I've already mentioned this, but Havoc would be an AWESOME scarezone with that machine gun and all of the bald military workers going after you.

As for that coaster you're referring to, I agree! It has completely ruined (or rueened ;)) the feel of the event and even the park itself. Part of the reason, I'm sure, was the fact that it was closed the whole time I was out there. <_<

Use the rides more, use the 360 globes more, use the darkened parts of Central Park and the bridge between The Simpsons and Amity...there's stuff they could be using right there without having to keep the other side open.

Oh, and one more thing:

Mae

You reminded me of that, How Come they never used those 360 globes? Does anyone know what they don't turn them on? they could have had videos of the icons this year

You reminded me of that, How Come they never used those 360 globes? Does anyone know what they don't turn them on? they could have had videos of the icons this year

Agreed. They're already there so it would be very easy and inexpensive to just project a montage of scary movie scenes (or the icons, or this year's retrospective queue video) all night. It would add a lot more atmosphere to the park for the night (like when they would project the icon on MIB).

And I liked the idea that was floated last year about RRR. Put in some spooky lighting and allow for scary music selections (a techno version of the Halloween theme). Would be a pretty simple way to incorporate it.

Agreed. They're already there so it would be very easy and inexpensive to just project a montage of scary movie scenes (or the icons, or this year's retrospective queue video) all night. It would add a lot more atmosphere to the park for the night (like when they would project the icon on MIB).

And I liked the idea that was floated last year about RRR. Put in some spooky lighting and allow for scary music selections (a techno version of the Halloween theme). Would be a pretty simple way to incorporate it.

Maybe some Rob Zombie tunes! That would get the creepy/party vibe going

I really would like for HHN to bring back a TCM house. I never got to go into it back in 07.

Even though I know it wont happen...oh well lol wishful thinking.

Anyway, I know Uni wont disappoint next year. They never do!

You should go to our event then. There have been rumors floating around that TCM would return for the third time at HHNH's event. <_< lol

I think next year they should have a haunted library or something that someone walks into. This could be one of the houses along with the works of Stephen King , Egdar Allen Poe, and other classic horror stories. With this theme you wouldn't need an icon either.