HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

I Just Want a House in The Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the one thing I don't think they have done is a house based on the north pole or something, or a house based on '30 Days of Night" or Big Foot, Anything.

The sound stages are really cold, I know that it could be hot as hell outside and then you enter a stage house and is freezing, and I think snow happens to be very scary, a snow type scenario would be terrifying because not only are you scared of the actors but cold and snow just adds to the fear, specially here where it never snows, also if the house is really dark, would be perfect

The Thing remake does come out next fall, just so you know... ;)

A maze inside of a sound stage with snow in there would kick butt! It would especially be awesome with the Thing or something like that...unless we could also do an Empire Strikes Back house. :D

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About all this Knotts and Universal copying: I agree with you Sweeney, most everything has been done before, so nothing is really copied or original. But, I thought it was pretty funny how HHN Hollywood had the tagline "What Fear Fears Most", with Universal's tagline being "The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Himself", along with the Knotts behind the scenes videos having tons of flames in their videos, and I think Knott's tagline had something to do with fear.

I've had this thought for a while now, do you think it would be interesting if there was a maze where the majority of it was fully lit with lights?

the one thing I don't think they have done is a house based on the north pole or something, or a house based on '30 Days of Night" or Big Foot, Anything.

The sound stages are really cold, I know that it could be hot as hell outside and then you enter a stage house and is freezing, and I think snow happens to be very scary, a snow type scenario would be terrifying because not only are you scared of the actors but cold and snow just adds to the fear, specially here where it never snows, also if the house is really dark, would be perfect

This could have the potential of being an annoying house to me. To get into the feel of the house, I think they'd have to make the sound stage colder and that would make for an uncomfortable experience for some guests (especially if they're wet AND in Florida-wear). I mean, remember the Saturday of opening weekend HHN19 (if you went)? I waited in line for a house in that and the house was miserable for me when I got in finally (it poured for a while that night, for those who weren't there). Plus the scareactors have to be in there quite a lot, and people could get sick, etc.

Edited by Sweeneys Emo Kid Megz

The Thing remake does come out next fall, just so you know... ;)

A maze inside of a sound stage with snow in there would kick butt! It would especially be awesome with the Thing or something like that...unless we could also do an Empire Strikes Back house. :D

I wish. The thing, in the snow in a cold house would probably give me nightmares, the 2007 house scared the crap out of me, I really wish if they do a thing house that they don't do it where the 07 was out back, I hope is a stage, the room they did for silver screams was cool but, is not as cold as a stage is, Legendary Truth was freezing, that would be perfect

Edited by black7mask

This could have the potential of being an annoying house to me. To get into the feel of the house, I think they'd have to make the sound stage colder and that would make for an uncomfortable experience for some guests (especially if they're wet AND in Florida-wear). I mean, remember the Saturday of opening weekend HHN19 (if you went)? I waited in line for a house in that and the house was miserable for me when I got in finally (it poured for a while that night, for those who weren't there). Plus the scareactors have to be in there quite a lot, and people could get sick, etc.

i remember that! it wouldn't stop pouring after about 9 and Dracula even got flooded(the queue right in front of the house, at least) and the house was closed for about an hour. imagine peopole(like me) that stood in line for that house for the hour it was closed(plus the already 30 min wait) and go into a freezing SS. i wouldn't be very happy.

i remember that! it wouldn't stop pouring after about 9 and Dracula even got flooded(the queue right in front of the house, at least) and the house was closed for about an hour. imagine peopole(like me) that stood in line for that house for the hour it was closed(plus the already 30 min wait) and go into a freezing SS. i wouldn't be very happy.

That's the house I decided to wait for. xD It was definitely a frigid experience. I totally thought it would stop raining after five or ten minutes.

the stage houses are cold enough, I don't think they would need to drop the temperature that much, but a really dark house, like dracula, no lights and snow it would give it the effect of being surrounded by snow, and like you guys said, it would be a little uncomfortable which would make it a scarier house, I actually kinda hated when a house is warm, like I remember Spawning one time being warm, it sucks because the heat makes you distracted, the cold has the same effect but, I think you would get scared more

the stage houses are cold enough, I don't think they would need to drop the temperature that much, but a really dark house, like dracula, no lights and snow it would give it the effect of being surrounded by snow, and like you guys said, it would be a little uncomfortable which would make it a scarier house, I actually kinda hated when a house is warm, like I remember Spawning one time being warm, it sucks because the heat makes you distracted, the cold has the same effect but, I think you would get scared more

As long as we don't have to pay like at HOS

I doubt that but that would be cool like, the alien abduction house, make it in groups or single like the mummy ride.

Here's my senairio of the alien single house( it's goin to be in great detail)

You walk into the soundstage or the twister facade and you walk in a narrow trail about 15 ft or so to an old time house, the trail is to make you feel like you're walking thru a wheat field to the house. You walk into the house but once you walk 10 feet or so you see a bright light pass overhead a beam of light from the UFO shines down on the house and you see a redneck farmer come up in the beam of light and the UFO just stays there and as you walk in you encounter 3 or 4 aliens taking the farmers wife. You walk up to a flight of stairs or a ramp like in LT or go thru a hole in a wall or something like that. And then you go thru one of those vortexes like in chucky in 09. You end up in an alien spacecraft and then you see aliens experimenting on humans and stuff. Then you encounter a human trying to escape in the finale room and you have to make your way thru a strobe room with numerous aliens trying to capture you. Then you walk out.

Of course this could be a house of its own or it could be a LT house. You never know :) Good names will be like Legendary Truth: The UFO Encounters or Encounters: The UFO Phenomonon. Please give your two cents :)

I see where your going with this. I was thinking more of an original band rather than something that already exists like Rob Zombie. Slipknot would be cool but It might be weird now that the bass player is dead. I was thinkin of a band that player music that sounded like Whitechapel or Oceano. Something brutal but not absolutely intolerable. I understand about how it's not everyones cup of tea but it would make the most sense for a Halloween event.

Danzig or the Misfits would be great for Halloween, mainly the misfits, they're perfect for Halloween. Although most people might not like them but I think it's suituble for Halloween.

Vampira-Misfits

i want to see things that have never been done before. Scarezones that feel like they go on forever, houses that make you feel like you have no control of your senses, and just ideas and icons that can creep you out and be as awesome as the old icons were in their first years. The icons like jack, the caretaker, the storyteller, and the director were huge but universal needs new icons that make them look like a thing of the past. universal has what it takes to bring horror to a new level, i feel that every year they promise a lot but don't deliver. In the years to come i want Horror to be bigger then ever. :rolleyes:

I doubt that but that would be cool like, the alien abduction house, make it in groups or single like the mummy ride.

Here's my senairio of the alien single house( it's goin to be in great detail)

You walk into the soundstage or the twister facade and you walk in a narrow trail about 15 ft or so to an old time house, the trail is to make you feel like you're walking thru a wheat field to the house. You walk into the house but once you walk 10 feet or so you see a bright light pass overhead a beam of light from the UFO shines down on the house and you see a redneck farmer come up in the beam of light and the UFO just stays there and as you walk in you encounter 3 or 4 aliens taking the farmers wife. You walk up to a flight of stairs or a ramp like in LT or go thru a hole in a wall or something like that. And then you go thru one of those vortexes like in chucky in 09. You end up in an alien spacecraft and then you see aliens experimenting on humans and stuff. Then you encounter a human trying to escape in the finale room and you have to make your way thru a strobe room with numerous aliens trying to capture you. Then you walk out.

Of course this could be a house of its own or it could be a LT house. You never know :) Good names will be like Legendary Truth: The UFO Encounters or Encounters: The UFO Phenomonon. Please give your two cents :)

see if they did an alien house, I would scream and run throughout the house I would probably scream loud, and cover my head,

now if they did an alien house in the style of HOS Alone, I know I would do it but I Would probably cry and pee my pants from fear!! :o

They could do whatever, the only thing I would want them to do is make the aliens really really Scary, and have the house Full of aliens, like, every scareactor being an alien, and maybe like 2-3 actors as the family inside, and like the father of the family dead or something,

see if they did an alien house, I would scream and run throughout the house I would probably scream loud, and cover my head,

now if they did an alien house in the style of HOS Alone, I know I would do it but I Would probably cry and pee my pants from fear!! :o

They could do whatever, the only thing I would want them to do is make the aliens really really Scary, and have the house Full of aliens, like, every scareactor being an alien, and maybe like 2-3 actors as the family inside, and like the father of the family dead or something,

Exactly now see I have faith I would straight up be traumatized, if they did aliens they way they're meant to be, I would love it and thanks for commenting, I have faith if they do this I would go again and again! I hope this happen.

I'm trying to think of a cool icon, barring the rest, and it is not easy with all the cliche' ideas that are used so often. But I have a few ideas.

How about a writer that literally writes evil into existence... And as a sequel the next year his worst creation could be the icon.

Or perhaps Universal's image of the "Spirit of Halloween" Doesn't have to be "SAM"... although it could be.

Or how about an Anti-hero? Like a makeshift general, leader of the resistence in the World War Z. He has been sucessful but the stress has caused him to snap and his rules are impossibly strict and his punishment is fatal.

I have to mull it over some more.

Edited by JWFearman

I'm trying to think of a cool icon, barring the rest, and it is not easy with all the cliche' ideas that are used so often. But I have a few ideas.

How about a writer that literally writes evil into existence... And as a sequel the next year his worst creation could be the icon.

Or perhaps Universal's image of the "Spirit of Halloween" Doesn't have to be "SAM"... although it could be.

Or how about an Anti-hero? Like a makeshift general, leader of the resistence in the World War Z. He has been sucessful but the stress has caused him to snap and his rules are impossibly strict and his punishment is fatal.

I have to mull it over some more.

I would love to see more emphasis at the event with the "Spirit of Halloween." The pumpkins in Central Park isn't enough for me.

id like to see some sort of political house, like a house where the anti christ had taken over or just the opposit where the people have taken it back. now thats really scary ish lol. another one would be a dentist theme. i hate the dentist. but the house id most like to see happen. is something with more animatronics... or like a projector playin stuff on fog or somethin man. somethin with alot more scares. last year it felt like the event was being rushed to finish or somethin. i dont know just my 2 cents

HISTORY OF HORROR

-Jack the Ripper

-Catacombs

-Hades

-Sleepy Hollow

-Samhain

-Skeletons

-Witches

-Harvest Time/Corn Field

-Trick r' Treat (based off the movie)

-Voodoo

-Day of the Dead

-Pegan Traditions

-The Hallow 2

-Lizzie Borden

It would basically be a year where all the events, environments, and iconic creatures that played their part in "horror" and Halloween over the years, all come together at HHN XXI.

The only problem is that super fundalmentalistic christians would have a flip out with Pegans, Voodoo, Day of the Dead, and Samhain because they would think HHN is trying to make kids worship satan or some shit like that, but I love the idea!

Edited by ColdHeart666

id like to see some sort of political house, like a house where the anti christ had taken over or just the opposit where the people have taken it back. now thats really scary ish lol. another one would be a dentist theme. i hate the dentist. but the house id most like to see happen. is something with more animatronics... or like a projector playin stuff on fog or somethin man. somethin with alot more scares. last year it felt like the event was being rushed to finish or somethin. i dont know just my 2 cents

I hate the dentist too but it would come off as kinda cheesy, i think, maybe for one house but not for an icon, Maybe a Doctor, but, well, Bloody mary was kind of like that, plus the body collectors already do gruesome experiments and cut people up,

I am still waiting on a Devil house, or Icon, I would love for the icon to be the devil, or the antichrist, have the whole theme of that year be hell and the seven sins, or something like that, maybe each scarezone be a sin?? with a twist, I know Greed and Sloth could be lame but like I said with a twist, and have some go go dancers for lust, I don't know, have a house based on the circles of hell, or something like Dante's inferno

even if they did it before, as long as is new for Universal I don't mind, just like esqueleto Muerte, I know the day of the dead has been done before as well, but this year was the first time I ever saw something like it, (although I don't know if HHN had something like that in years past) but, if is new for Uni, I don't see a problem, and Big Foot is not a Knott's original idea, just like day of the dead isn't

so I could see it happening,

30 Days of Night was very scary the first time I saw it! Plus, a cold, dark environment is very primally frightening, going back to our Ice Age ancestors. Good call on that. Now my brain is working!

Mae

Pardon my hazy memory, but wasn't 2006's "Cold, Blind Terror" an experiment in using cooler temperatures in a maze?

I distinctly remember the use of mining helmets as a light source, but I don't recall any actual lower temperatures. Does anyone else remember this maze? If so, did you experience any colder temperatures, or was it simply an interesting title?