HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon my hazy memory, but wasn't 2006's "Cold, Blind Terror" an experiment in using cooler temperatures in a maze?

I distinctly remember the use of mining helmets as a light source, but I don't recall any actual lower temperatures. Does anyone else remember this maze? If so, did you experience any colder temperatures, or was it simply an interesting title?

Cold Blind Terror was not a temperature oriented maze. If I remember right, that maze was in the Posiedon area. It was a VERY COOL house, and by far was one of the best ever...but the temps weren't any different than those on a standard sound stage.

Pardon my hazy memory, but wasn't 2006's "Cold, Blind Terror" an experiment in using cooler temperatures in a maze?

Like BloodyBulldawg said, the house with the helmets was Terror Mines, but Cold Blind Failure was in 2005 (not 06).

Since more people are starting to talk about a classic/origin/history/traditions of Halloween theme, who do you think the icon should be? :huh: (Samhain, my idea of the Headless Horseman, a pumpkin king, ect...)

Chance: In 2007, Jack’s Carnival of Carnage came to Universal Orlando. In 2010, along with Jack, one of the characters from 2007 came back with him for a reunion. Her name is Chance. Yes Chance is Jack’s girlfriend, and thats what everyone thinks, but beneath the clown makeup lies HORROR. In 2011 Chance is coming back to show you her real side.

Chance: In 2007, Jack’s Carnival of Carnage came to Universal Orlando. In 2010, along with Jack, one of the characters from 2007 came back with him for a reunion. Her name is Chance. Yes Chance is Jack’s girlfriend, and thats what everyone thinks, but beneath the clown makeup lies HORROR. In 2011 Chance is coming back to show you her real side.

I would love this. They could play it up so big. I would love to see a Chance house. I bet they would make it pretty dirty too, and get away with a lot of rude remarks :D

I distinctly remember the use of mining helmets as a light source, but I don't recall any actual lower temperatures. Does anyone else remember this maze? If so, did you experience any colder temperatures, or was it simply an interesting title?

It certainly was NOT cold. The back sound stage is always bloody freezing...why don't they use that to their advantage? Also, the cave house with the helmet lights was Terror Mines in 2005 and People Under the Stairs in 2006. I loved both but I don't remember them being particularly well-received.

Mae

ETA: Sorry! Fail on me for not reading the rest of the posts!

Edited by Mae

I know it's a fat chance, but I would love to see Dr. Mary Agana, "Bloody Mary" to make a return. I'm sure they could come up with a compromise with the legal rights if they really wanted to use her again.

Thanks for the many corrections. I knew there were multiple houses with helmet lights, but I obviously couldn't get my ducks in a row.

I think I agree with the Director (and several other posters) in that I would like to see the event head toward a more traditional Halloween theme. I know there have been subtle nods in that direction (the jack-o-lanterns in Central Park, the Hallow maze, the almost-but-not-quite used "Trick r' Treat" property), but a whole-hearted jump into Halloween would be welcome. I've found that my own Halloween mood is being tinted more and more by popular horror media. I enjoy watching horror movies, reading horror novels, playing horror games, etc, etc, but they don't really and truly capture the Halloween season. Horror movies do not equal Halloween.

EDIT: Hooray! My second post ever!

Edited by The Ghastly Green Ghost

I think that, with the way they pushed "A New Era of Terror", any icons, houses, etc. coming back would be discrediting to them. I doubt they want that so I don't think we will see anybody back for a while.

I still would like to see some reimaging of the multitude of Norse/German/Russian mythical creatures. Such as:

Domovoi, Draug (norse undead!), Fafnir, Surtr (The "Black One"), Garmr (Hellhound), Jörmungandr, Nidhogg, Svartálfar, alraun (Mandrake root monster), Krampus!, etc. etc.. there are so many untapped monster (and the asian folklore is even stranger)

Aa an Icon. Ahnfrau (Like a Female death in Germanic mythology) would be a new spin on death.

Edited by JWFearman

Guest FL Universal Jax

What about themes that revolve around fighting and war?

It seems that both the public and fans seem to like the military type themes. For example, Havoc and War of the Living Dead. What if HHN devoted an entire event to war, fighting, and military expirements gone wrong? Have we ever seen a civil war house or street? Can you imagine walking through a house that looks like a forest with tents set up in a civil war camp? Flickering lanterns and campfires. Of course, since its Halloween, instead of the civil war as you know it, what if there was something the the confederate or union soilders were hiding? Perhaps a creature of some sort?

While Havoc and War of the Living Dead both delt with military themes, they were twisted enough to where the feel was far enough away from modern conflicts and feeling that people amy have against the military.

Also, the hole idea of The Thing house appearing would fit right in. Just a thought!

What about themes that revolve around fighting and war?

It seems that both the public and fans seem to like the military type themes. For example, Havoc and War of the Living Dead. What if HHN devoted an entire event to war, fighting, and military expirements gone wrong? Have we ever seen a civil war house or street? Can you imagine walking through a house that looks like a forest with tents set up in a civil war camp? Flickering lanterns and campfires. Of course, since its Halloween, instead of the civil war as you know it, what if there was something the the confederate or union soilders were hiding? Perhaps a creature of some sort?

Actually we have had the Civil War presented in a street, in American Gothic in 2008 along with Lizzy Borden and the Headless Horseman there were undead Billy Yank and Johnny Reb types continuing their battles beyond the grave.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I I don't know if anyone else follows movie gossip, but there was speculation that a new comic based on the Green Arrow character would take place inside a SuperMax prison full of super villains. What about a Hellgate Prison-themed event? Each house could feature a different "horror villain" who has been incarcerated in their own particular wing of the prison. As you proceed into each haunted house, the surroundings have been converted by the inmate to more closely resemble their comfort zone, similar to the recent Batman videogame's Arkham Aslyum.

On another hand, it seems that the Western genre is hip and new again. Red Dead Redemption was one of last year's most succesful videogame properties, True Grit is getting a lot of attention at the box office, and it wasn't too long ago that Deadwood was a short-lived hit on HBO. How about an event that's entirely themed to Westerns? I know it was done in Ghost Town a few years back, but it might be the right time to bring it back as a larger theme.

Just speculatin.' What do you guys think?

imma have to say i dont wanna see ANY repeats of icons. not even cindy or eddie or chance. i like the fact that the major icons lived it out and their not so known counterparts have the mystery that they have. give us somethin brand new. the raw halloween theme woud be ill.

Guest FL Universal Jax

Actually we have had the Civil War presented in a street, in American Gothic in 2008 along with Lizzy Borden and the Headless Horseman there were undead Billy Yank and Johnny Reb types continuing their battles beyond the grave.

You are right, I cant believe I forgot about that! I still think a complete military gone wrong event would be cool and well recieved. There would be more than just military like the Havoc type themes, for example Intersteller Terror type themes where its in space etc.

Although both the military and western theme are apealing for a couple houses and/or scare zones it would be a real challenge to

"sell" to the general public. I think by going totaly in either dirction would turn more people off than draw more people in.

I want another Bloody Mary year. That was the only year I felt really immersed in the event. Mary is my favorite icon by far, and it would be an excuse to create another Scary Tales house. I just like the idea of twisted fairy tales/legends.

But I would like something new and original . . . . so surprise me.

This is a bit far out but it would be interesting to have a year based on pirates. it could have vampire pirates, zombie pirates, werewolf pirates, evil mermaids, there is a lot of possibilities.

Now that you mention it, I really like the idea of evil mermaids. I'd like to see an evil mermaid as an icon. Think about it, an evil mermaid that sings to people and enchant them, distracting them from their work and causing them to walk off the deck or run their ships aground, squeezes the life out of drowning men while attempting to "rescue" them, or just drown men out of spite. I think Uni could pull something like this off...

I I don't know if anyone else follows movie gossip, but there was speculation that a new comic based on the Green Arrow character would take place inside a SuperMax prison full of super villains. What about a Hellgate Prison-themed event? Each house could feature a different "horror villain" who has been incarcerated in their own particular wing of the prison. As you proceed into each haunted house, the surroundings have been converted by the inmate to more closely resemble their comfort zone, similar to the recent Batman videogame's Arkham Aslyum.

On another hand, it seems that the Western genre is hip and new again. Red Dead Redemption was one of last year's most succesful videogame properties, True Grit is getting a lot of attention at the box office, and it wasn't too long ago that Deadwood was a short-lived hit on HBO. How about an event that's entirely themed to Westerns? I know it was done in Ghost Town a few years back, but it might be the right time to bring it back as a larger theme.

Just speculatin.' What do you guys think?

the Jail with the villains idea sounds really good actually, I would love for each room to be a cell decorated to represent the villain

Halloween Horror Nights XXI "Last Chance"...:D

Chance? really? after all the negativity over the whole Jack and Chance marriage that was speculated for the last few years?

Well, how about we bring her back... but completely different for the New Era of Darkness?

FEAR could rip her to pieces and put her back together again in an entirely new demonic form that would not merely be a female sidekick to Jack but the living incarnation of Randomness and Blind Luck... especially Bad Luck.

We could call her ... Second Chance.

Chance? really? after all the negativity over the whole Jack and Chance marriage that was speculated for the last few years?

Well, how about we bring her back... but completely different for the New Era of Darkness?

FEAR could rip her to pieces and put her back together again in an entirely new demonic form that would not merely be a female sidekick to Jack but the living incarnation of Randomness and Blind Luck... especially Bad Luck.

You should send that to Universal because that is an awesome concept...:)

I love the way you conceptualize everything. :lol:

On the otherhand, I'm just excited for HHN XXI to come! Whether it be a warzone, pirates, Chance, classic Halloween, or whatnot, I'm looking forward to what A&D will think up!