HHN Hollywood X Wishful Thinking

WOW. I hope they keep it that way. Seriously, I hated the Mummy tunnel. I'm actually bummed that I won't be able to see it any time soon now. Please keep it this way!!!

As for HHN usage of the tunnel, I'm assuming absolutely nothing because of the whole "it has to be used for daytime use also" even though they could very easily go around it. Ugh, they have dumb excuses sometimes.

Well someone on twitter (One of our members, actually) asked John if they could do an overlay for HHN since it's being redone for Grinchmas, and he replyed by saying that the Grinch looks very much like the Wolfman or something like that. lol. It's better than, "It has to be open during the day" or some crap like for sure.

I'm starting to worry about event in the future. With the whole plans about the condos taking over the backlot and talks of half the park being demoed to make way for West coast Harry Potter world, I have a feeling our event will be shrunk to almost nothing. :(

Wow, Ive been gone about a month and I return to zombie bickering?!

I wouldnt call it bickering just a spirited debate

I'm starting to worry about event in the future. With the whole plans about the condos taking over the backlot and talks of half the park being demoed to make way for West coast Harry Potter world, I have a feeling our event will be shrunk to almost nothing. :(

you jump on too many conclusion Freak

you jump on too many conclusion Freak

Maybe. I'm just not thrilled about Potter coming to the West Coast. Who knows how it'll affect our event.

Back on topic, Murdy just said that redoing the Mummy tunnel would be the equivalence (in terms of time and $$$) to building another maze for HHN. I think we should wait until 2012 until we can get a descent overlay. lol

Maybe. I'm just not thrilled about Potter coming to the West Coast. Who knows how it'll affect our event.

Back on topic, Murdy just said that redoing the Mummy tunnel would be the equivalence (in terms of time and $$$) to building another maze for HHN. I think we should wait until 2012 until we can get a descent overlay. lol

Wait Potter is coming to USH? for reals?

and yeah I honestly can care less if the tunnles is overlayed or not

Wait Potter is coming to USH? for reals?

and yeah I honestly can care less if the tunnles is overlayed or not

It's not official (At east not yet. Look at the USH Wants Potter thread), but management here really, and I mean REALLY wants it bad; so bad that they're willing to demo ANYTHING to MAKE room for it. Now do you see why I'm worried about the future of our precious event? :(

Who cares about the tunnels? That's why the TT needs a new location! lol

Wouldn't getting rid of Waterworld and moving the Gibson be PLENTY of enough room for a Harry Potter world?

On the plus side, it would be in the corner of the park and wouldn't interfere with HHN. Hell, it could be a differently ticketed attraction, that's how far out of the way it is.

If they do it like I just said, I would LOVE Harry Potter world to come to Hollywood. I am planning to go to Orlando just to see it one day and I don't even like Harry Potter all that much but it looks like an amazing theme park achievement so as a fan of theme parks, Universal and film, it's almost a must see.

Wouldn't getting rid of Waterworld and moving the Gibson be PLENTY of enough room for a Harry Potter world?

On the plus side, it would be in the corner of the park and wouldn't interfere with HHN. Hell, it could be a differently ticketed attraction, that's how far out of the way it is.

If they do it like I just said, I would LOVE Harry Potter world to come to Hollywood. I am planning to go to Orlando just to see it one day and I don't even like Harry Potter all that much but it looks like an amazing theme park achievement so as a fan of theme parks, Universal and film, it's almost a must see.

True. I think it would still have to be scaled down version of WWOHP to fit there but that would be the ideal location.

And I am not a Harry Potter fan but the land IS amazing and I loved it. Just so well done. To quote John Hammond "Spared no expense". Definitely worth checking out.

how would they move back the gibson? honestly I would hate to see HP here and think theres more better theme that no one has thought of that we could utilize then copying Orlando

I'm serious, if JK is ANY way tampers out event...let's just say she won't hear the end of it. If we want to discuss about this Potter stuff further, let's move it at the "Potter at USH" thread to prevent this thread being spammed up with off-topic stuff.

Back on topic, what do you think will occupy the lower lot maze? Could Hostel go down there since Eli Roth wanted to participate in the HHN mix and since a third instalment is set next spring? Or could Jeepers Creepers go down there? Or could the original maze go down there?

I'm serious, if JK is ANY way tampers out event...let's just say she won't hear the end of it. If we want to discuss about this Potter stuff further, let's move it at the "Potter at USH" thread to prevent this thread being spammed up with off-topic stuff.

Back on topic, what do you think will occupy the lower lot maze? Could Hostel go down there since Eli Roth wanted to participate in the HHN mix and since a third instalment is set next spring? Or could Jeepers Creepers go down there? Or could the original maze go down there?

isnt too early to be thinking where the mazes will go?

I just saw People Under the Stairs this afternoon and I think it would be a wickedly cool maze to go through! Doesn't sound plausible for next year, but would love to see it in the distant future. Orlando actually did that in 1991 to promote the movie and from what I've hear, it was quite brutal! They literally had realistic effects like the crazy guy "eating" the dead body would splatter corn syrup all over the passerby and even fake pieces of flesh! Oh would I have loved to see it.

... I would be pissed to get corn syrup on me, I don't know about you lol well than again, everyone is at the same place so I would fit in with the blood splattered victims but on any other regular day where I had other places to go for the night, I'd be pissed lol

At this point, I honestly don't give a shit what they do next year as long as Scream is involved. I can't stress that enough.

It feels good to begin posting again after being gone for a while! It's good to see we have already started speculation :). On a side note i thought this year was our worst even though the attendance record was the highest. Hopefully Murdy will use this year as example to improve next year. At this point I'm expecting to see a 80% or more ALL NEW year and no repeats except maybe Halloween because its my favorite lol. But a good line up would be The excorsist, trick or treat,scream, hoh overlay, original maze and Jeepers Creeper.

Wow its amazing how dead these forums on hollywood have been all day.:-/ But anyways i found this for people who would like to see the excorsist at horror nights.

@HorrorNights Is there any ounce of hope for The excorsist in 2011? Please stay away from repeating icons and concepts in 2011!!:-/

@hhn09 Its the #1 maze I want to do and fans request but the rights to it are not available currently. I'll still try, been trying for years.

Its good to see Murdy is looking into it at least.

Edited by HorrorNights93

HHNH posted the new closing video!

I think it's great that HHNH had its most successful year by far this year, but at the same time it kind of worries me. I hope they don't take this the wrong way and think that "bringing back your favorites" is the winning formula. I am excited; however, to hear that HHN will be bigger and better than ever before next year!

Thanks for the find freakazoid! I can agree attendance wise this year was a definite success. The most crowded it's ever been, even on opening night. I am really excited for hhn 2011 to be a fresh start year.Oh i also found:

@HorrorNights Do you plan to explore more original concept mazes in 2011 or the future? Or just pure movie based mazes?

@hhn09 Its possible, have to see how things shake out.

So theres some hope for original concepts :D

That was a well put together closing video. It was much appreciated, being a huge fan of HHN. I don't buy FFP or anything but I still very passionate about it. It came to me at a time when I needed it the most. I was alone, depressed and on the verge of questioning the existence of life; HHN brought new light into my life. It was the most fun I ever had being able to step into some of my favorite horror movies; a horror fan's wet dream come true. I am forever grateful to HHN.