HHN Hollywood X Wishful Thinking

6th maze speculation anyone ?

@HorrorNights Whats the chances of us having a 6th maze next year ? :)

@hhn09 I think very good...nothing official yet but the goal has always been to continue to expand the event. I think we need to

That's old news. lol

I hope Murdy looks into a new spot on the Terror Tram, though.

That's old news. lol

I hope Murdy looks into a new spot on the Terror Tram, though.

@HorrorNights to be honest, terror tram needs a new location as mentioned in the survey. The scares r too predictable n the same evry year.

@Rozuk24 Not ruling it out...the question is where??? So hard with all the various productions shooting on the backlot.

can't say he's not trying :) LOL

Since tomorrow is Christmas eve, I thought I would throw out there that I would love to see a Christmas-themed scarezone. Orlando had their Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays maze about three years ago and I think Hollywood should have a Killer Christmas-themed scarezone.

Picture it. I think it would be cool on the London Street. The setting could be that Santa and his elves have gone nuts or something like that and there would be snowmen with a human head and hands, bloodied Christmas decorations, and ruined cars; all while Santa and his killer elves are running around with snow machines blasting out real snow from the buildings. Sort of like what they do for Grinchmas but the snow would be more soft.

I couldn't see why they would not be able to pull off a maze. It seems like a good idea to me as long as santa gets a chainsaw LOL. I just was recently watchin scary movie and Scream 3 and now i do not believe ghostface is icon material, although i can DEFINETLY see a maze or the Terror Tram. After seeing those movies again i can't take him seriously either. I actually noticed he is the most clumsy killer i have seen LOL.Trick or Treat wasn't too good for me as the movie but i can see Trick or Treat over scream.So:

Trick or treat

Scream

The excorsist

HoH overlay(something original,wolfman??? )

Original maze(freakz/klownz/lunatics)

Zombie themed maze

that might be a good line up.

May this be a very merry Christmas! You know why? Because that's one holiday less we have to go until HHN 11!!!

Not only that, in six more days, we'll be into 2011 so we can say, "Can't wait for THIS year's event!" Come Feburary, John should be announcing on Twitter that he's working on the mazes and then he'll give out the vague hints! Then in four or five months he'll give out the first PR, followed by the event in a few more months....then we restart the cycle of post-HHN depression come November. Cheers!

Hollywoods forums are SOOOOOOOOOO boring when we have nothing to speculate about :-/. I wish Murdy would release some info already. Oh and Merry Christmas to everyone:-)

Oh come on now...you really think the execs would allow Murdy to release info for 2011 when 2010 is not even over yet? ;) Who said there's nothing to speculate about? There's Scream, Wolfman, Evil Dead, original maze, possible House of Horrors overlay, the Exorcist, Hostel, Trick r Treat, possible Rob Zombie maze, possible remakes (I hope not)....remember, this isn't just a pre-speculation thread, this is also a wishful thinking thread. We can also post things that we would like to see even though it may sound like a fantasized idea that may not sound plausible in the near future.

I don't think we will be getting a Jurassic Park ride overlay anytime soon, especially with the sixth maze next year or the possibility of a Mummy tunnel overlay the year after that; however, I think it would be cool to see a JP Eviloution overlay like Islands of Fear did one year. I'm picturing the stegosaurus springs completely fogged up with a strobe light and sounds of JP workers being torn to pieces and eaten by the dinos.

If Rob Zombie gets on the boat next year, I think it would be cool if he did a maze with Murdy that was original.

How would JP be transfered into a maze or scarezone? I'm not shooting that idea down but dinosaur scareactors or whatever it may be will not scare me at ALL. Sure some loud sound effects and strobe lights would startle some but i can't see it as a maze or scarezone. I would and probably others will take it as a joke. A JP overlay would be cool though within a few years. On another note if Sam is the icon next year B) can we expect a scarezone along with the maze? Imagine NY street full of jack-o-lanterns,a Sam scareactor on stilts and other creatures such as the wolves etc. The school bus scene could have a bus in the middle( used from chuckys TT) with full of kids with shakers or whatever suites best. Alot of fog, strobe lights and black lights would make it even scarier. Hey any ideas on possible opening ceramonies?

P.S Island of fears did a JP maze right? So it would be like we copied them.

^ Well for the most part, we were thinking about a Evilution-ish overlay for Jurassic Park. As for concepts they could use after that in the next few years....who knows. Maybe they could have a big disco party at Jurassic Park and have all the dinosaurs wear Mardi Gras masks, Elvis Wigs, and Iron Maiden shirts under a bunch of disco balls for all I care. Can you imagine how epic a HHN overlay for the JP ride could be? Strobes, fog, bungee-cord scareactors....oh my word! :D

Although I wasn't that impressed with Trick r Treat, I think it would make a great overall theme and maze. If it were in the NY scarezone, they would probably have to put it where Shrek is which wouldn't be bad...although I would rather it go where the JP queue is (Which appears, to me, to be the most suited location for it). If they put it where the new location is, it would only make sense to have it on the lower lot. Oh heck, just put TrT at Shrek and have the TrT scarezone on NY. They could definately have some sort of TrT-ish opening scareamony with the fire-eaters or something. They could relocate the flame tower on the lower lot (Where it could REALLY use it) or something.

Also, HorrorNights, yes. Islands DID have a JP-themed maze the first year HHN was moved over here indefinitely. As for the whole copying part...well, Vampyre was technically "copied" from Castle: Vampyre at Orlando's event, no? ;) Besides, who said it would HAVE Evilution? They could just use the same overall theme and call it something else if they must.

well if you seen the mask Orlanod used for that scarezones and the effects (they used alot of Camo, extra plants and trees, Raptor Puppets in bushes, and alot more smoke) it would be pulled off very nicely plus Ive said this many times it could be the cast of Yo Gabba Gabba and the kardashians sisters for all I care if it jumps out at you from out of nowhere people will be scared and come on there mutant Dinosuars, camo Dino Hunters, Dino Hunters with chainsaws, and Raptors that pretty epic in my book.

Freak you are ABSOLUTELY correct. If we had such a epic JP overlay i would actually take time out of the event to get on multiple times. To me its just jurassic park is the same day or night. For the most i think bungee scareactors in any scarezone on the upper lot with good fog and strobe effects would be epic. B) Also i did not like the Trick or Treat movie at all quite honestly but i do believe it has HHN potential to run or be a part of the event. And technically your right. Vampyres was a knock off from orlando's event so i see no reason NOT to continue to experiment. There are actually alot of original mazes from orlando i would love to see.

However still i think JP would be a little silly LOL :P But depending on how it's done i can be wrong.

what about putting trick r' treat in the terminator location?

Hmmm....I think that location is better suited for Scream, personally...yet again, Scream could also work in the JP queue....oh screw it. TrT would work in the T2 queue. :P

no one says the if there a corrisponding SZ that it has to be near the maze

That is true...however it could also be a theme on the terror tram but it would also be a cool scarezone. I guess it depends on what Murdy wants to do. I'd rather Ghostface take over the Terror Tram and TrT have its own scarezone and maze...complete with an opening scareamony.

14642_208070588641_588308641_4193326_5382417_n.jpg

12637_231073953641_588308641_4412418_6054671_n.jpg

74367_10150113792933642_588308641_7750876_5103982_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hudxicMyPM8

*5:47-9:19

----------

@HorrorNights93: "Imagine NY street full of jack-o-lanterns,a Sam scareactor on stilts and other creatures such as the wolves etc."

If you're refering to Sam from the film Trick r' Treat, he's a short little kid; but don't get me wrong I would love to have Trick r' Treat at HHN!

Edited by The Director of Horror

Hmmm....I think that location is better suited for Scream, personally...yet again, Scream could also work in the JP queue....oh screw it. TrT would work in the T2 queue. :P

I think Scream is better suited for and will most likely be placed "IF" we get it in the Shrek Venue remember the landscape of scream is kinda plain so we dont need too much room for it.

and thanks for that JP stuff DOH

om amother note it would be realy cool if we got a TV special like on travel channle or something like the "Art of Scare" was for Orlando

I miss out on a day and you guys actually start talking! Whoa! A whole page of stuff to read haha.

Ight, lemme chime in...

1) JP Overlay is one of my wishes for the upcoming years. Now, personally, I think mutated humans into dinosaurs is by far the stupidest thing I ever heard, plus it doesn't really fit the JP canon, so I'm highly against that and it would totally take me out of Halloween mood. All I'm askin for is JP workers with chainsaws, telling us to get out of there as soon as possible and people popping out of environments with their limbs chewed off. It's not necessary for some bad puppeteering or cheap animatronics. Just keep it simple because the ride is already bad ass as is. Extra fog, more strobe lights, haunting music and scareactors. Presto.

2) As for the Scream's location issue, I think Shrek and the JP overspill is the worst environment for it because in my mind, how I see it, it needs HUGE facades (Casey Becker's house, movie premiere) and would be more suited for the T2 area or the WWW area. Trick R Treat would go best in Shrek, plus I think environmentally it just works there and also it's the smallest of the venues so we're not wasting precious maze space on the big studio films or an ego's original creation demanding more space. Plus as someone said, we could really use the NY street since it's the only one a scarezone could fit to that movie (unless the lower lot gets some nice set pieces).

2) As for the Scream's location issue, I think Shrek and the JP overspill is the worst environment for it because in my mind, how I see it, it needs HUGE facades (Casey Becker's house, movie premiere) and would be more suited for the T2 area or the WWW area. Trick R Treat would go best in Shrek, plus I think environmentally it just works there and also it's the smallest of the venues so we're not wasting precious maze space on the big studio films or an ego's original creation demanding more space. Plus as someone said, we could really use the NY street since it's the only one a scarezone could fit to that movie (unless the lower lot gets some nice set pieces).

?????WHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTT???? huge? wouldnt the facade most likely be a house?

?????WHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTT???? huge? wouldnt the facade most likely be a house?

I think Grindhouse is right, DTH. Since the facade would most likely be Casey's house, I don't think it would require that much space. I think it could work just fine in Shrek or JP queue. I don't think the big facades are necessary for the movie theater and Casey's house, so it could ideally work for either of those locations. I would, however, prefer that TrT be in the JP queue so that the dark canvas above could blend in well for the vampire/werewolf scene.

P.S. It's nice to see the board gain some momentum again! :smile:

Thanks for the video DOH. It really didn't change my views on a JP maze or scarezone lol but it was cool to look at. And im aware Sam from TrT is short but him springing around on stilts or scarying people like chucky did on the TT would be cool. As for the TrT and Scream debate i think Scream would fit best in the WW venue and TrT would be cool at T23D or the shrek venue.

And grindhouse i know the corresponding SZ does not have to be next to the maze but i think it would look better that way as the Saw scarezone and maze corresponded on the lower lot.

Also why shouldn't Scream take over the TT and have it's own maze?

Edited by HorrorNights93