HHN Hollywood X Wishful Thinking

Meaning at the time of 2007, New Line was probably still thinking they'd do another sequel whether it be another VS. or a follow up to Jason X so therefore, didn't mind signing the 2 (or as some believe, 3) year contract. 2008 came along, and I'm assuming the remake was a for sure thing to do early in the year but the contract was already signed.

As for Evil Dead, we KNOW there aren't any sequels coming because there hasn't been one since the early nineties. The remake, at this point, seems like the most for sure thing, meaning they'll want to hold off doing any business with HHN until they get that situation settled.

So all in all - Evil Dead is a much different situation than F13 because of the contract made 2 years prior. Murdy and Ghosthouse Pictures wouldn't want to lose the novelty of the Evil Dead maze by doing the original film one year, coming out with the remake, having a possible repeat, then people bitching it's not based on the remake because that's not the Evil Dead from 2011 or 12 that they know, blah blah blah.

Friday13 - much bigger franchise, contract, successful remake = original and remake based mazes and repeats that went over well with most GP and fans, therefore equaled OKAY.

Evil Dead - MUCH smaller franchise, no contract, no remake as of yet = bigger gamble without the remake, therefore pretty much a NO GO.

What they COULD do is, Evil Dead for 2011, the remake hits either late 2012 or 2013, so no maze for 2012 because they're waiting to see it's success, possibly not 2013 either. Evil Dead remake maze, IF the remake did well, for 2013 or 14, kinda like F13's stance, but then we all get pissed off and cry "repeat!"

true Evil dead (the first one) is realtivly small movie but Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness makes up for that but what you said about F13 in 08 still is invalid just cuz they had the contract does not mean they couldnt of used the remake for the 08 maze or waited for 09 to do jason again the contract didnt specify that all years had to be back to back since Orlando still has 2 uses of the big 3

BUT I'm sure what Universal and Co. wanted was for Freddy and Leatherface to return with Jason because without Jason, it's just not the big 3! And they wanted to repeat success of the year prior, and what they needed for that was for possibly about 45% of that draw to bring in the crowds. And as we know, Murdy doesn't like doing mazes before films come out so the remake coming in 08, and waiting until 09, was out of the question!

LAWYERED! lmao jk Grind!

BUT I'm sure what Universal and Co. wanted was for Freddy and Leatherface to return with Jason because without Jason, it's just not the big 3! And they wanted to repeat success of the year prior, and what they needed for that was for possibly about 45% of that draw to bring in the crowds. And as we know, Murdy doesn't like doing mazes before films come out so the remake coming in 08, and waiting until 09, was out of the question!

LAWYERED! lmao jk Grind!

but look at this past year Jason Freddy and no leather face and still remkae or not its still jason

Stephen King wont allow any of his properties for theme park use it kinda sucks but he has the right.

I dont think the remake will effect if Murdy does Evil Dead this year, look at F13 08 the remake came out 4 months after that HHN and the next year had nothing to do with Jason

oh thats right i forgot it was a stephen king property :\ damn.

Like I said in the other thread, it wasn't well received with the general public. Even though it was the right direction in terms of putting in more original theming for HHN Hollywood, I was kind of disappointed with it for the reasons LeeRay just mentioned. Add on to the fact that Murdy said that there's not much material to work with for a maze, I wouldn't count on this happening.

• 2 weeks later...

well too continue on from the last time. yes a custom event would save the park millions instead of investing in different properties.

the park needs more decoration, and festivities.

longer hours and more days.

more actors.

and a way better improvements too the terror tram.

and they should desperately lay off the chucky and his army theme for awhile. wasn't even scary.

Edited by ticktock

well too continue on from the last time. yes a custom event would save the park millions instead of investing in different properties.

the park needs more decoration, and festivities.

longer hours and more days.

more actors.

and a way better improvements too the terror tram.

and they should desperately lay off the chucky and his army theme for awhile. wasn't even scary.

Agreed. But I did love the Chucky army costumes, they were pretty much amazing, But I def DONT want to see them again, at least not for a while.

• 1 month later...

well it really does make one think. that he has all this time too think and plan out things for the back lot. and seems too me like last years terror tram was rushed together.

But yes Im well aware of the budget that murdy has too work with. But that being said all that budget goes into the mazes and no where else seems like. kinda like the old pc game dino tycoon. You only get so much too work with and spend. and you gotta spend it wisely too make something work.

but hell for the huge turn outs from last years event. i know theres a pretty penny that can be shared on more things then just mazes.

as i said before i think they should invest in making the scare zones more elaborate. add some barriers, or towers where they can hide in. kinda like what orlando has.

increase the amount of days and times, not everyone has off fri, sat, sun, and some thurs. and start the event at 6:30. too get the crowds in.

make more "fall" type activities for the daytime crowd dedicate a daytime scare zone for the daytime guest in preparation for the night event.

just little simple things like that can make that time of year at universal a little bit more better.

or instead of having the bates motel theme around the bates motel during the tram ride during the day. make like something to do with a character used for the hhn event, distract from the front and have another character come from the other side of the tram too scare.

or do some cool LED light effects that were used in grinchmas in the mummies tomb in the end of the tram ride. with also another preparation for the hhn event.

little things like that can make the event more better then what it is.

i remember murdy also tweeting last year about how some actors were complaining about the hours, weather, and other random things while working the event.

too murdy or whoever might read these boards or topics my 2 cents bout that topic. if your gonna hire jabroni's that whine and complain about doing what they do, or not even do nothing just too collect an easy paycheck for doing nothing at all or flirting with teens, or. or brag about how they worked the event over the years. or push a button too engage a strobe light effect. i think you should reconsider your picks. regardless of how much "seniority" the have or how well of a job one might claim he or she does.

theres alot of new comers waiting in the wings too be picked. Besides rehires.

and wish universal should increase the security for people. last year there was a few actors that got a little too assertive. and not just them being in character. there were a few that pushed, and shoved, me and a few of my friends.

Now i dont think thats apart of the event.

But lets wake up universal. and make changes. for the event and in general.

people pay a pretty penny too attend. lets give them what they want.

Two words,"Terror Tram". Something needs to change. The same old route with new characters(for the most) is beyond old now. I "WISH" that he TT would be moved to were the new movie sets were rebuilt. Also the Mummy tomb is becoming annoying now like i rather the tram just take us straight to the exit. The dirt trail portion needs more scareactors to. The whole TT just needs to be redesigned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although this is really more for something around 2012 or 13, I have actually thought up of an idea for a location for a seventh maze.

The WaterWorld queue has plenty of space and they could use the inside and perimeter of the arena for the queue, but what would they do when WaterWorld is taken out for a new ride in 2013 (As far as the rumor goes)? Solution: Put a maze by the tram garage by the tram loading area. "But Freak, that interfere with Terror Tram loading traffic and it would be an (American) Nightmare!" Not necessarily. Before the hiatus, they had two separate queues for two mazes in that area. Why not apply the same principal and have one queue go up to the maze by the tram garage and have the other one load-up for the Terror Tram on the opposite road?

The tram wouldn't have to make a u-turn. They could go down the normal daytime route and then turn right, down past King Kong, through the JP sets, through the flash flood area, then the drop-off. Yes, it would take longer than normal to get to the location, but it would open up space for a seventh maze up by the tram garage. That way, they can load/drop off at the road in front of the back of the Gibson and have the queue for the seventh maze take place in the blue ten area. What do you guys think?

Personally, I'd like to see them use the perimeter of Waterworld again like they did for Monsterquarium. When I went through Terror Mines in Orlando back in '05, it was eerily familiar. That house went through Poseidon's Fury in much the same way - it was a big semicircle.

Freak, can you post a snap of the tram garage on Google Maps? I keep reading about it, but have no idea where it's located.

Edited by zombieman

Unfortunately, I don't know how to capture an image on Google maps. I don't know if this will help, but here's footage of the garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxiKIyqjWuQ&feature=channel_video_title

guess whos back!! ahah after finally getting a new computer and sneaking on here once in a while

im finally BACK and this time FOR GOOD! :D

ahah anyway onto the garage, theres more likely two things we can think of

1. its currently occupied by storage, or is in constant filiming usage,

2. theres the possibility its open, but the only way we'd be able to use it is on the tram itself

so Tram plus Maze.....oh my :o

• 2 weeks later...

how it going guys been a really long time since i posted on here i missed last year :( but i saw vids and dont really feel that amazed by it but this year is a garuntee not to miss and im already liking the variety of films and properties that have been said...

^^^^ honestly you didnt miss much except the House of 1000 corps. Everything else you seen in 08' & 09' except they were "ALL NEW"-_- this time. Lets hope we get everything ALL NEW this year. Well since this is a wishful thinking thread im hoping for longer park hours and more nights.