HHN Hollywood X Wishful Thinking

Thanks for the survey link.

I wasn't surprised to see the lack of a question asking us if we wanted to see original content in the houses. After all, Murdy sent me a tweet promising it would be in the survey...

In the general comments section, I described the idea of pure movie-based houses is like to going to a concert of just tribute bands - going to see a knock-off of something the original did much better.

I'd love to know how many tens of thousands of $$ that could be spent on a better event or more houses are instead spent on licensing every year...

Alright, I just saw Trick r Treat. While I thought the movie was just okay, I think it has great potential as being a cool maze for Halloween Horror Nights. There was just lots of cool environments they could use from the film like Mr. Kreeg's house, the swamp where the school bus massacre took place, the forest where those vampires and werewolves were, and finally Principal Wilikins' living room and basement. I think Sam would make such a great icon and would also make a cool scarezone on the lower lot. I personaly thin that if there was to be a maze based off of it, the JP overspill queue would be the perfect fit for it. I'm officially with you guys for the campaign! Trick r' Treat for HHN 2011!

Alright, I just saw Trick r Treat. While I thought the movie was just okay, I think it has great potential as being a cool maze for Halloween Horror Nights. There was just lots of cool environments they could use from the film like Mr. Kreeg's house, the swamp where the school bus massacre took place, the forest where those vampires and werewolves were, and finally Principal Wilikins' living room and basement. I think Sam would make such a great icon and would also make a cool scarezone on the lower lot. I personaly thin that if there was to be a maze based off of it, the JP overspill queue would be the perfect fit for it. I'm officially with you guys for the campaign! Trick r' Treat for HHN 2011!

I agree here. I honestly was not impressed with the movie. Great idea, just not all that well done and not scary. But there's still a lot of potential in the property to turn it into something fun for HHN. I'd be cool with just a maze. I don't think there's enough there to make it the overall theme though.

I agree here. I honestly was not impressed with the movie. Great idea, just not all that well done and not scary. But there's still a lot of potential in the property to turn it into something fun for HHN. I'd be cool with just a maze. I don't think there's enough there to make it the overall theme though.

IDK in all fairness, Sam Hein IS the spirit of Halloween, after all. How could he not be the main icon?

Not enough to be the overall theme? I think there's enough from that movie, especially if they make a sequel, that they wouldn't even need to call it Halloween Horror Nights and just call it Trick 'R Treat Nights instead.

I can see a maze being based off of each of the segments if they were creative enough.

Okay, maybe that's a stretch. But definitely a scarezone based off of each segment.

Entrance - Sam Hein Statue

New York Street - Trick or Treating Mayhem

Baker Street - Principal and Old Guys house (forgot his name, lol)

London Street - Werewolf attack

Lower Lot - School bus zombies

I mean, each idea would need to be expanded just a bit but it could work. Not that it ever will but I'm just saying haha

Not enough to be the overall theme? I think there's enough from that movie, especially if they make a sequel, that they wouldn't even need to call it Halloween Horror Nights and just call it Trick 'R Treat Nights instead.

I can see a maze being based off of each of the segments if they were creative enough.

Okay, maybe that's a stretch. But definitely a scarezone based off of each segment.

Entrance - Sam Hein Statue

New York Street - Trick or Treating Mayhem

Baker Street - Principal and Old Guys house (forgot his name, lol)

London Street - Werewolf attack

Lower Lot - School bus zombies

I mean, each idea would need to be expanded just a bit but it could work. Not that it ever will but I'm just saying haha

for the record, the principal is named Wilkins and the old guy is named Mr. Kreeg. :)

I think the whole lower lot should be a scarezone based on the big party or something. I think that would be pretty cool. Have the creepy vampire dude stalking everybody, the stilt walkers and fire eaters, "trick or treaters" scaring other people, "pranksters" scaring guests....it would especially be epic with those lights hanging over everybody and those jack-o-lanterns all over the place. I guess there could be one roaming midget scareactor running around as Sam Hein (a la La Llorona's children).

for the record, the principal is named Wilkins and the old guy is named Mr. Kreeg. :)

I think the whole lower lot should be a scarezone based on the big party or something. I think that would be pretty cool. Have the creepy vampire dude stalking everybody, the stilt walkers and fire eaters, "trick or treaters" scaring other people, "pranksters" scaring guests....it would especially be epic with those lights hanging over everybody and those jack-o-lanterns all over the place. I guess there could be one roaming midget scareactor running around as Sam Hein (a la La Llorona's children).

FREAK! THIS IS AMAZING!! I COMPLETELY AGREE! that would be soooooooooooooo cool i wouldnt even be able to stand it!! lol i think it should either be on the Lower Lot or New York Street(: the thing i like about new york street is that is has all of the buildings and stores around it like in the movie so it would almost feel like its straight from the movie. or maybe have it where freakz was at this year and have the trick r' treat maze in T2? i dunno im not the greatest at this kind of thing lol :P

Killer, I take offense at that. I've easily been the biggest complainer regarding HHN Hollywood this year. ;)

Murdy is ruining a once great event, and you gotta go 2200 miles just to attend a decent HHN anymore.

Ok Zombie, I'll give you credit for being a major complainer for HHN2010. How could I forget?

I have to agree with you DTH, Trick R Treat was practically made for a Halloween event.

But I just had an epiphany. I now see where zombieman is coming from. The way we feel about repeats is the way he feels about movie based mazes :o

Well it's been 5 years with no change in sight so complaining about movie based houses is just as good as yelling at a brick wall, asking it to turn into flowers.

All in all it was another brick in the wall...

Sorry, couldn't resist that opportunity to throw in that Pink Floyd reference. ;) Cheer up Zombieman; at least there's that high possibility of the event getting an original maze outside of HoH next year.

Well, while Trick r Treat has a lot of potential, I would side with Murdy on the fact that it just doesn't have the mainstream appeal (as a property) or recognition to take over the WHOLE event. Most people would wonder what the heck it was. I support a maze, but prefer a little more diversity to the overall event instead of theming it all to one small, barely seen cult movie.

Well if Sam can't be the icon... Ghostface anybody?

I think that would make much more sense since:

1) He is instantly recognizable to EVERYONE!

2) The new movie is sure to put him back int he spotlight.

3) That voice is cool and creepy for commercials, VO, Terror Tram, etc. Much like they used Saw in 2009.

That was another issue I had with Sam being the icon. He's little and has no voice. It would be harder to make him the Master of Scaremonies like has been done Freddy, Jigsaw, or Jack.

Edited by Creeper06

Well if Sam can't be the icon... Ghostface anybody?

No one said he cant we dont know .........last year was that is what Murdy said the problem was but there has to be reason why it WAS BACK ON THE SURVEY!!!!!!

plus im sure alot of people would of seen it since then

This is my problem with Ghostface being Icon yeah its true what Creeper said but I dont see him as a leader among Villians like Freddy and Jigsaw because unlike those 2 he does not have a greater plan or big picture kinda like Harry Warden, and Micheal Myers he's mostly focused on one person and sure he kills everybody in his way but for story telling purposes I cant see him gathering movie villians to kill Niomie Cambell Where if SAM is Icon it can go like this (For Story Purposes lets say the other mazes are Scream, Evild Dead, Resident Evil, and 30 Days of Night) Sam being Sam Hien The Spirit of Halloween punishing those who dont respect the holiday's tradition and lets face it ALOT of people dont even hand out candy anymore, bad things tend to fallow Sam so his pressance at Universal attracts Psychopathic masked Killers, Vampires, Evil Spirits, and the undead, and whats great about Trick r Treat is its not a complicated backstory The Spirit of Halloween showing up at universal not like people are gonna be that confused if they never seen the movie, and yes he is little and with no voice but did Freddy realy talk this year outside of his maze? and realy it can be like in the movie were he dont talk but his pressance is known throught out the park echo's of his laugh his shadow, ect. him just being around the chaos remember his evil is more magical than Physical

Edited by Grindhousehero13

I think that would make much more sense since:

1) He is instantly recognizable to EVERYONE!

2) The new movie is sure to put him back int he spotlight.

3) That voice is cool and creepy for commercials, VO, Terror Tram, etc. Much like they used Saw in 2009.

That was another issue I had with Sam being the icon. He's little and has no voice. It would be harder to make him the Master of Scaremonies like has been done Freddy, Jigsaw, or Jack.

Ghostface ? He is more looked at as a comedic character now because of Scary Movie, and the whole parody . Even Scream is considered a parody of horror movies. I think if Ghostface did come to HHN, he can have a maze and thats it. For him to be the icon would seem cheesy and lackluster. Plus I cant get over the fact his costume is not scary .

Ghostface ? He is more looked at as a comedic character now because of Scary Movie, and the whole parody . Even Scream is considered a parody of horror movies. I think if Ghostface did come to HHN, he can have a maze and thats it. For him to be the icon would seem cheesy and lackluster. Plus I cant get over the fact his costume is not scary .

See Im not the only one who thinks this

Scream would make an Awsome maze but I dont think as an overall theme because his enviroment is a little simple for a whole theme look Director-Movie Sets, Jack-Carnival, Freddy- Nightmare World, Jigsaw-One Big Game, and SAM- The Spirit of Halloween each Icon had the ability to transform the park into there playground and to me Ghostface realy dose not.

I see what you're saying about Ghostface aiming his threats towards one person but let's think about this: was everyone at HHN from Elm Street? Because that's the main focus of his victims and getting revenge. These things can be tweaked for the sake of making them scary and Ghostface is no exception. He is the perfect icon and I can go on for days but I must go to class now so I'll explain some other time lol

I see what you're saying about Ghostface aiming his threats towards one person but let's think about this: was everyone at HHN from Elm Street? Because that's the main focus of his victims and getting revenge. These things can be tweaked for the sake of making them scary and Ghostface is no exception. He is the perfect icon and I can go on for days but I must go to class now so I'll explain some other time lol

yes but wasnt freddy gonna move on to all children when he was finished with elm street? Im just saying he better off suited for a secondary Icon