HHN Hollywood X Wishful Thinking

I would really be happy if he said that no repeats was a big possibility next year. Just reading all of the crap on the FB page just frustrates me to the point to where I'm almost not wanting to check it anymore.

yeahh! that would be great! and no kidding. since the facebook page is mostly the GP most of them are rediculous and dont know anything about HHN!

Great news! I think Murdy indirectly implied HoTC won't be returning! I guess when he said during the event to "Check it out while you can because it may not not come back", I don't think he was kidding!

@HorrorNights: oh that's awesome cant wait till next year you guys did a GREATT job this year!!! do u think u will b working with Rob again?

@AlecOxley: Thanks, will hopefully get together with the Zombie camp before the end of this year and figure out what's next.

I also doubt we'll get repeats because of teses tweets:

@disneyrthanthou: Yes there was...and it stopped when we opened (complaining about repeats) But I want to do something new...all in good time.

@AlecOxley: Yes plenty of ideas for next year will all depend on what properties we can get.

If Murdy is wanting to see what properties he can possibly get, I don't think we would put repeats in there. Just my two cents.

Freak, that was just my Wolfman version of the Terror Tram.

I'm all for a cornfield segment on the Terror Tram as we've all been suggesting for the last month or so haha

And c'mon, Murdy said stuff like that all last year. He was promising new great things up and down every month until the PRs hit. Don't get your hopes up by reading too far into the lines by losing their true meaning of what they were saying anymore.

And I don't mind GP opinion and I don't mind repeats as much as you guys do as long as they're not too severe but basically what they've been suggesting is "NEXT YEAR, BRING BACK 2010" by having all the mazes this year with new names with Halloween and TCM added on. Like WTF, there's other horror movies out there dudes haha

And my mind is still befuddled by why anyone in their right mind would want a fuckin Paranormal Activity maze. Might as well call it the "nap center" by how boring that would be.

Edited by DTH316

Exactly. It wouldn't lol

Okay, since I'm a SANE, INTELLIGENT, BUSINESS SAVVY - ADULT (lol) here's what I would do for HHN 2011.

This is to please my personal wishes (the John Murdy faction), the GPs wishes (the FB crowd) and Universal Theme Parks (who want what the GP want and their business endeavors to expand)

First and foremost, no repeats from 2010. Freddy, Jason and Saw have been run into the ground.

Secondly, expanding the event so there will be at least 3 Wednesdays at the end of the event (excluding the last weekend with Halloween being on a Monday in it's place) and have opening night on a Thursday again. Every night will close at 2. Peak Saturday and Friday nights close at 3.

Third, more Frequent Fear Pass nights (At least 13). I won't have there be a FOL for the FFPs unless they upgrade nightly. Nobody needs to go every night and skip the lines also. That's just overkill no matter how much you pay for it. That's from a business stand point and a personal stand point so regular queue don't get held up for people who've gone 12 nights in a row already instead of catering to the first timers there on their first night.

Fourth, a "special" night in the way Knotts has Scion night. Something creative and fun though instead of what kinda car you own. But since I'm also playing the role of businessman here, in order to make up for admission losses, merchandise and food will get a 20% increase for this one night. And there will be no "buy one get one free" collector cups either.

Fifth, 3D maze and an original maze. This pleases every crowd of any kind. Combining both into one maze would be a doozy and the 3D element will certainly draw more attention to the original maze since it has to go up against the movie property baddies. Plus, there's no need to put useless 3D into mazes where the films weren't 3D in the first place either or if the environment doesn't suit it.

Sixth, an additional maze and an additional show. This will eat up crowds so they never go over 30 minutes on peak nights.

Seventh, we all love Trick 'r Treat but Murdy is right on it not being a good business deal at the moment and it's best to wait for the sequel and to have it be a major part of 2012. But then we also have another dilemma, if part 2 is a major success then a part 3 will be greenlit. Would it be more wise to wait until 2013 or 2014 in having a Trick 'r Treat maze as well as it being the main theme of the event when it has become wildly successful or jump the gun and have an entire event based on a franchise not too many people know about? My suggestion, wait until 2013 or 2014 and make it the main theme of the event to PROMOTE the third film. Maze, 2 scarezones and the Terror Tram based on the Trick 'r Treat films with promotion up the ass for the third film. I would rather see it take over instead of be a lonely maze shoved in the corner of the event somewhere. Who's with me on that one?

Eighth, as far as repeats are concerned, is it time for one yet? Not in my eyes. Halloween 3D has another year or so before it hits theaters. Same thing with Leatherface 3D (that's seriously what it's titled at the moment). Other than that, nothing else needs to be repeated any time in the near future (I'm looking at you MBV). Also Hellraiser (not a repeat) has a remake coming out in 2011, 2012, so we'll wait for that. So what are we looking at ladies and gentleman? An all new 2011 thanks to your friend DTH316 the way the GP wants it, I want it and the fans want it.

Ninth, due to popular demand after Chucky's Terror Tram, we see the return of a Chucky related show. Can't be Insult Emporium but the Chuckster is an HHN staple and he has to be involved in some way. As long as he's not in major attraction form, he's not hurting anyone.

So with all that considered, what do we do?

2011 is the year of SCREAM. Scream 4 in theaters, we celebrate the number 1 slasher franchise of all time in a big way. Main icon and advertisement treatment, Terror Tram centric and a scarezone near it's maze.

So what does DTH316 have up his sleeve in ideas for 2011?

The Thing: From Another World (HOH Venue)

Rob Zombie's Nightmares: in Zombievision 3D (T2 Venue)

Scream: Return to Woodsboro (WWW Venue)

The Evil Dead: Dead By Dawn (Shrek Venue)

Jeepers Creepers: What's Eating You? (Mummy Venue)

The Ring: Before You Die (JP Overspill)

Terror Tram: Scary Movie Marathon

Chucky presents Slaughterworld: The Return (Waterworld Arena)

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure (Castle Theater)

Now what about 2012?

Journey Into the Underworld: Death Walks Among Us (HOH Venue)

Halloween: Michael Myers Returns 3D (T2 Venue)

The Exorcist: The Devil Inside (WWW Venue)

The Descent: Enter Darkness (Shrek Venue)

Hellraiser: Pins and Needles (Mummy Venue)

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: Hewitt Residence (JP Overspill)

Terror Tram: Tear Your Soul Apart

The year of Trick 'r Treat - 2013

Edited by DTH316

Not much we can do about the W-man these days, Freak. It missed it's opportunity 2 years in a row now and by next October, I don't think anyone will remember it or even care too due to the fact it kinda bombed and was a critical failure. Most I think we can do is hope it gets in the HOH. However, I think it would make a great scarezone in 2011.

Also for 2013, I'm thinking of adding in the Freakz/Klownz maze.

Now here, let's just say execs are a little weary of letting Trick 'r Treat be the main theme of the event so they ask "bring back The Exorcist for another year and have Scream return." The way we fix this: put Exorcist in another venue and incorporate the new films of Scream and also put that in a different venue.

Dr. Jekyll's Laboratory: Run or Hyde (HOH Venue)

Trick r' Treat: The Path of Sam (WWW Venue)

Scream: The Final Act (T2 Venue)

Circus of Freakz: Mayhem of the Bizarre 3D (Shrek Venue)

Hostel: Enjoy Your Stay (Mummy venue)

Jurassic Park: Raptor Takeover (Jurassic Park)

The Exorcist: World of Darkness (JP Overspill)

Terror Tram: Respect Tradition

After that, I'm out of ideas for movie based houses with Murdy's criteria. But of course, this is now and many more horror films will be coming out.

Edited by DTH316

I actually read that and was going to post it but I guess I forgot.

Hopefully it's just like a temporary thing and they're worried about it being finished in time and don't want a set date and pushing it back at the last minute.

But that's best case scenario. Most likely, it's worst case scenario and it will be a Wolfman thing.

If true, that would make promoting your movie at HHN a jinx. Think about it:

Saw 6 - least grossing of the entire franchise

Saw 7 - way below expectations

Cirque De Freak (there was a show promoting it in Orlando right? As good as a trailer I suppose haha) - Uh, did anyone see this movie? Didn't think so.

Wolfman - Bombed. Didn't get it's budget back

My Soul to Take (I don't think the trailer was shown but it was advertised before Vampyre and there was a meet and greet table) - A complete disgrace critically and financially. The least grossing 3D movie ever.

And now The Thing. It's a jinx. A curse! A curse I tell ya!

Edited by DTH316

am i the only one on here who thought saw 7 was epic? lol

but wow that is so true its crazy DTH!

and for Cirque De Freak, they had like a whole interview session for everyone to see at orlando if im correct. i dont think i've even seen the trailer for it? but yeahh i heard my soul to take was a waste. and did anybody else notice that the HOH que was like dedicated to My Soul to Take? i was looking for the chucky doll and everything was changed out with costumes and props from my soul to take :\ i was upset lol.

Brainstorm! Since there's a lot of heat from the fan about the possibility of House of 1,000 Corpses returning, I think Rob and Murdy should do an original maze on Rob Zombie. Sorta like what they did in 1999 with "The Thrilling Chilling World of Rob Zombie". It could be in 3D and be like something to the effect where you could enter Rob Zombie's recording studio and then go through a spinng tunnel into various 3D environments from his movies like Halloween, El Superbeasto, and even reuse a couple of rooms for HoTC. It would satisfy us fans in that it would technically be a mostly new maze and the GP can be satisfied seeing a little bit of HoTC come back in there. Just an idea.

So now that we know Funhouse is not going to be ready in time for next year's HHN, do you think Murdy will want to wait teaming up with Mr. Roth until it comes out?

I actually read that and was going to post it but I guess I forgot.

Hopefully it's just like a temporary thing and they're worried about it being finished in time and don't want a set date and pushing it back at the last minute.

But that's best case scenario. Most likely, it's worst case scenario and it will be a Wolfman thing.

You know it just occurred to me; the film was originally going to be released next spring, right? Well maybe the pushed it back so it wouldn't rival Scream 4? Kinda like how they pushed the Wolfman back a year-and-a-half ago so it wouldn't rival Friday the 13th?

Exactly. It wouldn't lol

Okay, since I'm a SANE, INTELLIGENT, BUSINESS SAVVY - ADULT (lol) here's what I would do for HHN 2011.

This is to please my personal wishes (the John Murdy faction), the GPs wishes (the FB crowd) and Universal Theme Parks (who want what the GP want and their business endeavors to expand)

First and foremost, no repeats from 2010. Freddy, Jason and Saw have been run into the ground.

Secondly, expanding the event so there will be at least 3 Wednesdays at the end of the event (excluding the last weekend with Halloween being on a Monday in it's place) and have opening night on a Thursday again. Every night will close at 2. Peak Saturday and Friday nights close at 3.

Third, more Frequent Fear Pass nights (At least 13). I won't have there be a FOL for the FFPs unless they upgrade nightly. Nobody needs to go every night and skip the lines also. That's just overkill no matter how much you pay for it. That's from a business stand point and a personal stand point so regular queue don't get held up for people who've gone 12 nights in a row already instead of catering to the first timers there on their first night.

Fourth, a "special" night in the way Knotts has Scion night. Something creative and fun though instead of what kinda car you own. But since I'm also playing the role of businessman here, in order to make up for admission losses, merchandise and food will get a 20% increase for this one night. And there will be no "buy one get one free" collector cups either.

Fifth, 3D maze and an original maze. This pleases every crowd of any kind. Combining both into one maze would be a doozy and the 3D element will certainly draw more attention to the original maze since it has to go up against the movie property baddies. Plus, there's no need to put useless 3D into mazes where the films weren't 3D in the first place either or if the environment doesn't suit it.

Sixth, an additional maze and an additional show. This will eat up crowds so they never go over 30 minutes on peak nights.

Seventh, we all love Trick 'r Treat but Murdy is right on it not being a good business deal at the moment and it's best to wait for the sequel and to have it be a major part of 2012. But then we also have another dilemma, if part 2 is a major success then a part 3 will be greenlit. Would it be more wise to wait until 2013 or 2014 in having a Trick 'r Treat maze as well as it being the main theme of the event when it has become wildly successful or jump the gun and have an entire event based on a franchise not too many people know about? My suggestion, wait until 2013 or 2014 and make it the main theme of the event to PROMOTE the third film. Maze, 2 scarezones and the Terror Tram based on the Trick 'r Treat films with promotion up the ass for the third film. I would rather see it take over instead of be a lonely maze shoved in the corner of the event somewhere. Who's with me on that one?

Eighth, as far as repeats are concerned, is it time for one yet? Not in my eyes. Halloween 3D has another year or so before it hits theaters. Same thing with Leatherface 3D (that's seriously what it's titled at the moment). Other than that, nothing else needs to be repeated any time in the near future (I'm looking at you MBV). Also Hellraiser (not a repeat) has a remake coming out in 2011, 2012, so we'll wait for that. So what are we looking at ladies and gentleman? An all new 2011 thanks to your friend DTH316 the way the GP wants it, I want it and the fans want it.

Ninth, due to popular demand after Chucky's Terror Tram, we see the return of a Chucky related show. Can't be Insult Emporium but the Chuckster is an HHN staple and he has to be involved in some way. As long as he's not in major attraction form, he's not hurting anyone.

So with all that considered, what do we do?

2011 is the year of SCREAM. Scream 4 in theaters, we celebrate the number 1 slasher franchise of all time in a big way. Main icon and advertisement treatment, Terror Tram centric and a scarezone near it's maze.

So what does DTH316 have up his sleeve in ideas for 2011?

The Thing: From Another World (HOH Venue)

Rob Zombie's Nightmares: in Zombievision 3D (T2 Venue)

Scream: Return to Woodsboro (WWW Venue)

The Evil Dead: Dead By Dawn (Shrek Venue)

Jeepers Creepers: What's Eating You? (Mummy Venue)

The Ring: Before You Die (JP Overspill)

Terror Tram: Scary Movie Marathon

Chucky presents Slaughterworld: The Return (Waterworld Arena)

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure (Castle Theater)

Now what about 2012?

Journey Into the Underworld: Death Walks Among Us (HOH Venue)

Halloween: Michael Myers Returns 3D (T2 Venue)

The Exorcist: The Devil Inside (WWW Venue)

The Descent: Enter Darkness (Shrek Venue)

Hellraiser: Pins and Needles (Mummy Venue)

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: Hewitt Residence (JP Overspill)

Terror Tram: Tear Your Soul Apart

The year of Trick 'r Treat - 2013

itsbeautifulb.jpg

*CLAPS FRANTICALLY!* :lol:

#Team DTH316 becoming a part of Mr. Murdy's creative team!

I got supporters! Woohoo!

Freak, that would be plausible EXCEPT Rob Zombie doesn't own the Halloween rights, I'm assuming, and I think they would have a problem with sharing a maze.

However, I did suggest a Rob Zombie original maze in 3D a couple posts back.

Freak, that would be plausible EXCEPT Rob Zombie doesn't own the Halloween rights, I'm assuming, and I think they would have a problem with sharing a maze.

However, I did suggest a Rob Zombie original maze in 3D a couple posts back.

So you're saying that they cant do any "All-Nite Die-in"-style mazes? I guess they could go for you ideas by not having any movie scenes in there. They could do something like where you could enter his recording studio and see all of his music videos playing and then enter a spinning tunnel into his twisted mind kind of like they did in '99. You could go through his trippy, colorful, and sometimes even cartoony mind. It could be something like trying to survive his twisted world of horror or something like that. There wouldn't even have to be any movie scenes; just some cameos of Capt. Spaulding or Michael Myers or something.

So you're saying that they cant do any "All-Nite Die-in"-style mazes? I guess they could go for you ideas by not having any movie scenes in there. They could do something like where you could enter his recording studio and see all of his music videos playing and then enter a spinning tunnel into his twisted mind kind of like they did in '99. You could go through his trippy, colorful, and sometimes even cartoony mind. It could be something like trying to survive his twisted world of horror or something like that. There wouldn't even have to be any movie scenes; just some cameos of Capt. Spaulding or Michael Myers or something.

All Nite Die In got away with it because it didn't feature Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, or Jason. It featured "White Face", "Burn Victim", and "Hockey Mask Killer". Universal can get real creative when getting around rights issues. :rolleyes:

For the record- I have NO interest in seeing a RZ maze. The dude's a huge horror fan (which I respect) but I think he's a terrible filmmaker.

Pretty much what Creeper said.

And I don't like RZ either but apparently his maze was a big draw for 2010 and I'd rather waste the 3D junk that doesn't even work on one of his original mazes than a maze that's not even suited for it.

So you're saying The Dentist wouldn't make a good 3D maze? ;)

Apparently on Twitter, Murdy is speaking with Rob Zombie on "what's next". I wonder what else he's planning on working with Rob on? He lost the rights to Halloween, HoTC has already been done (I'm not to sure if it'll come back; Murdy's been saying to "Check out HoTC while we still can because we may never see it again" during the event.), the Devil's Rejects is pretty much a sequel to HoTC and I'm not too sure if that would have usable environments, I don't think I can picture an El Superbeasto maze....what else could Rob do from his movie inventory? An original maze seems to be the most logical answer to me.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I just found something really cool! Disney Studios Paris actually has a Halloween event. They even have their own "Terror Tram" there!

Just look at the video! Look how awesome it is with those scareactors "attacking" the tram! It's a shame Hollywood's event will probably never do this again because of that incident back in 1986. :( But this would be pretty freaking awesome if they could do it someday.

Thank you DTH for posting something on here today. Where the heck is everybody anyway?

I guess it comes down to that. Murdy has been talking to Rob so we're either getting a repeat of HoTC or an original maze (in 3D most likely) like you just said.

It shouldn't be too long before the surveys come out so I'm sure everybody's going to root for Trick r Treat. If Sam does come next year, the whole event should be about him; however, although I normally oppose the TT being its "own separate beast" like this year, I think next year could be an appropriate exception so that Ghostface can take over the Terror Tram while Sam takes over the event as a whole; there could still be excerpts of TrT used on the TT with other films and/or original ideas used as mazes.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I just found something really cool! Disney Studios Paris actually has a Halloween event. They even have their own "Terror Tram" there!

Just look at the video! Look how awesome it is with those scareactors "attacking" the tram! It's a shame Hollywood's event will probably never do this again because of that incident back in 1986. :( But this would be pretty freaking awesome if they could do it someday.

Idk Freak. While it seems like a neat idea to drive thru the backlot and see something like this, its pretty boring. Just drive on by, I would much rather walk thru little Europe, New York Street, Etc. I know it'll never happen. But if theyre gonna do it, do it right.

I'll vote for Trick R Treat but I still would rather it take over the entire year so Scream can have the TT and main SS and maze to itself. I believe if TrT is gonna be done, it deserves the same treatment and would therefor need a separate year to pull it off properly!