HHN Hollywood X Wishful Thinking

Oh Speculation thread you make fools of us all

anyways What I think Leeray ment DTH was like why Trev has been against Halloween and Scream Mazes since last year is that Halloween and Scream share simiular enviroments so if we had a Scream and Halloween maze in the same year it would be Suburban overkill its like if we had aHOTC and TCM mazes in the same year different yes but same flavor and look guys I realy doubt that this is going to be "THE" year with no Movie based mazes and we are speculating on this year and not the future of HHN itself so we should stop argueing about it and just lets try to enjoy specualtion seasons is that too much to ask?

Edited by Grindhousehero13

I honestly don't think because of repeats that only a very small select few of us care about, the event will stop thriving. I think Orlando has a much bigger fanbase to worry about and losing them could actually effect their sales. In the meanwhile, we're only 5 years out the gate with a new mission in mind and it doesn't seem like they plan on stopping any time soon. This was their best year in attendance and according to us, 4 out of the 5 mazes were repeats (only one was a repeat in my eyes and that was Saw and I still felt it was a very strong maze - repeat characters yes). That shows how little it matters. Let them grow their fanbase and eventually they'll do "greater" things. Totally jumping the gun when you guys think Hollywood is going to crash and burn in the ground over these things. Most of the people who complained at first ended up loving it anyway (me being one of em). Could they have done better? Sure. But it's only ONE year out of the dozens upon dozens they will have and already have had. And whatever properties they come up with next year, for all those who hated it this year, will somehow find a way to convince to come back and try it again or recruit new victims to their door step. They're growing, let them grow and you can either support them in the process or just keep going to Orlando's or Howl-o-scream or Knotts or Shipwreck; whatever you choose.

I suppose you're right DTH and we should let them grow out some by having some familiar horror characters even if they do have to come back, but I just don't want the majority of the line-up to be rehashes like this year was where there was only one 100% new maze. If Michael Myers has to come back, fine. Just make sure his maze is new so that I don't have to repeat a maze I've been in once then watched numerous times on YouTube.

Oh Speculation thread you make fools of us all

anyways What I think Leeray ment DTH was like why Trev has been against Halloween and Scream Mazes since last year is that Halloween and Scream share simiular enviroments so if we had a Scream and Halloween maze in the same year it would be Suburban overkill its like if we had aHOTC and TCM mazes in the same year different yes but same flavor and look guys I realy doubt that this is going to be "THE" year with no Movie based mazes and we are speculating on this year and not the future of HHN itself so we should stop argueing about it and just lets try to enjoy specualtion seasons is that too much to ask?

wait when did i say that? haha im lost now :P

but either way i agree with this statement :D

Soooo are you saying F13 and NOES this year weren't new?

As a matter of fact, yes. Even though they were new, I would not up and call them brand-spankin'-new-mazes since they reused the same characters. A new maze, in my eyes, has to have both completely new environments and new characters. Anything below that is a repeat.

Also, about Scream as a maze, I think it would be sooooo epic if they used the movie theater as the facade (If they use the moving "up and down" arm with the knife, I will cry tears of joy before an attendant ushers me and my friends in there). I think it would also be cool to use the sound room from the second movie (MOVIE SPOILER) when Gail Wheathers gets chased by Ghostface.

Also, to give the chance of RZ's Halloween showing up as a maze next year, have you noticed that the HHNH Facebook page has became a fan- oops, excuse me...LIKED Rob Zombie's H2? Just thought I'd point that out. Even if that is possible, I wouldn't be too heartbroken of this repeat since it would almost be completely different environment-wise and that it would at least feel different from Scream so that it doesn't feel "subterranean overload"....yet again, there's Trick r' Treat, which I don't see showing up until 2012 after the sequel comes out.

Also, whatever happened to the Jeepers Creepers rumor? I don't think we brought that up. The third movie comes out early next year, you know.

Oh c'mon! See, that's confusing. You say NOES and F13 were the same as they were in 10 as they were in 07 and 08 BUT a Rob Zombie version of Halloween wouldn't be the same as it was in 09 because it would be different environment wise?! That makes no sense Freak! Considering that the maze in 09 featured all the places that would've been used for the remake (the asylum was the only new environment the movie introduced) and if they included part 2 in the mix, that would also create, what else? The hospital (similar to an asylum if you ask me), the strip club and the worst scene in movie history - the shack at the end! That's almost contradictory! At least F13 had that long portion of the maze be the underground lair and at least NOES featured the preschool and the high school. You're just running circles around yourself now! lol I just want everyone to admit that even though NOES and F13 had returning CHARACTERS, that the mazes themselves were brand new and were also VERY bad ass and were actually better than their freshman & sophomore year counterparts!

And Freak, when I was designing the Scream maze myself, the movie premiere facade would actually be in the middle of the maze with the main facade being Casey Becker's house with the swing out front and a silohette in the window of Casey getting the phone call (think a combination of this year's F13 maze and Halloween). Then in the middle, as you said, the movie theater with the giant hand with a knife swinging down. And to save space so we don't have to use a college set, I would have Randy getting the phone call by the van out here as well. I think the movie theater would be a bad ass main facade too but conceptually, to keep the chronology of the series, it just wouldn't work. We'd be going midway then back and forward through time. It'd be like Pulp Fiction, just in a maze lol

As for Jeepers Creepers, a lot of people have been suggesting it on twitter, I've seen recently. As for the movie, I don't think it's been made yet but it is pretty close to it, I'm sure. I don't think it'll get that early 2011 release date they were aiming for but I'm pretty sure it could be out by September if they started filming, uh, tomorrow. But I still see the Creeper making an appearance at this year's event because he's pretty current and doesn't need to be reintroduced to audiences.

If we go by the people Murdy who has let come visit the park and he's been in talks with for next year (or by popular demand), our maze list could look something like this:

Scream

Rob Zombie's Halloween

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)

Hostel

Scream, I think, is the most demanded movie right now. Halloween is actually pretty high demand also and the relationship with Rob Zombie almost makes this a for sure thing. Texas Chainsaw Massacre being in high demand to return and in talks with the filmmakers also makes this a huge possibility but I like to think the reboot will stop it from happening. Hostel, since we all know Funhouse 3D won't be made, could work to use a lot of Saw's old sets and Murdy showing interest to work with Eli Roth. I think these are the most likely as where Hellraiser has a new DTV movie coming out so that throws that out of the bag until the remake hits theaters and Trick 'r Treat needs it's sequel to hit theaters first before Murdy even thinks about it. But those 4 mazes, plus HOH and plus an original maze, would be pretty cool to me. If they switched out TCM with Jeepers Creepers, that'd be even better. And Hostel with The Evil Dead until Eli Roth makes Funhouse 3D, then we have a blockbuster year on our hands.

Oh c'mon! See, that's confusing. You say NOES and F13 were the same as they were in 10 as they were in 07 and 08 BUT a Rob Zombie version of Halloween wouldn't be the same as it was in 09 because it would be different environment wise?! That makes no sense Freak! Considering that the maze in 09 featured all the places that would've been used for the remake (the asylum was the only new environment the movie introduced) and if they included part 2 in the mix, that would also create, what else? The hospital (similar to an asylum if you ask me), the strip club and the worst scene in movie history - the shack at the end! That's almost contradictory! At least F13 had that long portion of the maze be the underground lair and at least NOES featured the preschool and the high school. You're just running circles around yourself now! lol I just want everyone to admit that even though NOES and F13 had returning CHARACTERS, that the mazes themselves were brand new and were also VERY bad a** and were actually better than their freshman & sophomore year counterparts!.

What I meant was that even though Halloween would, in my eyes, be considered a repeat, at least it would most-likely be the only repeat assuming HoTC doesn't return, and has new environments [Potential film spoilers ahead.] (The Myers house could look different by passing the father, who is tied up and has his throat slit; the beaten-by-the-baseball bat boyfriend of Micheal's sister who clearly violated rule #1 of surviving a horror movie, then towards the mental hospital. We could walk passed the dead bodies through the hallway with the dead corpses [One of them could probably say, "Help me!" to scare people], then through the control room; through Micheal's ward with masks and everything, then of course, possibly through the teen couple's house with the guy hanging with the jack-o-lantern being used and then through Micheal's house, in rusted state. They could use that and not feel similar to the original.) To make things sound more clear, I never said they were the same as 07 and 08, even though F13 and NoES had new environments. They were considered a repeat in my eyes since they used the same characters. It doesn't matter if they used the same environment, as long as it's still using the same character, it's a repeat. I never said they were the same as 07 and 08.

To make it short, I would have preferred that NoES and F13 not be used and have something else instead, but at least they were all-new and different from 07 and 08 even though it's a repeat since it's using the same character and the same type of environments "remade" and just some extra locations thrown in that were not from the original. I wouldn't mind too much if Halloween came back, despite my hostility towards repeats, if they gave it the NoES and F13 treatment. In other words, I would rather have Evil Dead in its place over Halloween again but based off the remake, but the GP may prefer the latter; therefore, I'd rather that they base it off the remake so that it will be a "fresher repeat" as opposed to a carbon-copy repeat. That may not make the most sense to you, but that's the best I can put it.

And Freak, when I was designing the Scream maze myself, the movie premiere facade would actually be in the middle of the maze with the main facade being Casey Becker's house with the swing out front and a silohette in the window of Casey getting the phone call (think a combination of this year's F13 maze and Halloween). Then in the middle, as you said, the movie theater with the giant hand with a knife swinging down. And to save space so we don't have to use a college set, I would have Randy getting the phone call by the van out here as well. I think the movie theater would be a bad ass main facade too but conceptually, to keep the chronology of the series, it just wouldn't work. We'd be going midway then back and forward through time. It'd be like Pulp Fiction, just in a maze lol

That actually sounds friggin' awesome! that's a lot more than I had originally planned! You would, of course, have a live "victim" in the garage-door sequence like Orlando's All Nite Die-In: Take 2 maze had, right?

As for Jeepers Creepers, a lot of people have been suggesting it on twitter, I've seen recently. As for the movie, I don't think it's been made yet but it is pretty close to it, I'm sure. I don't think it'll get that early 2011 release date they were aiming for but I'm pretty sure it could be out by September if they started filming, uh, tomorrow. But I still see the Creeper making an appearance at this year's event because he's pretty current and doesn't need to be reintroduced to audiences.

If we go by the people Murdy who has let come visit the park and he's been in talks with for next year (or by popular demand), our maze list could look something like this:

Scream

Rob Zombie's Halloween

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)

Hostel

Scream, I think, is the most demanded movie right now. Halloween is actually pretty high demand also and the relationship with Rob Zombie almost makes this a for sure thing. Texas Chainsaw Massacre being in high demand to return and in talks with the filmmakers also makes this a huge possibility but I like to think the reboot will stop it from happening. Hostel, since we all know Funhouse 3D won't be made, could work to use a lot of Saw's old sets and Murdy showing interest to work with Eli Roth. I think these are the most likely as where Hellraiser has a new DTV movie coming out so that throws that out of the bag until the remake hits theaters and Trick 'r Treat needs it's sequel to hit theaters first before Murdy even thinks about it. But those 4 mazes, plus HOH and plus an original maze, would be pretty cool to me. If they switched out TCM with Jeepers Creepers, that'd be even better. And Hostel with The Evil Dead until Eli Roth makes Funhouse 3D, then we have a blockbuster year on our hands.

Regarding JC, knowing Murdy, I'm sure he'll want to wait 'till the sequel comes out during or after HHN ends, putting it in the 2012 mix. <_< I guess for us this could be a bit up-in-the-air speculation-wise.

I seriously doubt TCM would come out this year because of that reboot coming next year (Whew!). Same with TrT with that sequel coming next year. Even though it wouldn't be too terrible with having Michael Myers as the only, and I repeat, ONLY returning character, bu having both TCM and Halloween come back like F13 and NoES this year definitely be overkill (No pun intended.) Besides, I think Hostel would work best on the lower lot.

Actually, I followed everything you said very well lol

And holy shit, they used a real person?! Damn, I just imagined a dummy. How did they do it exactly without killing her? lol I actually wanna see the kill in my version, with her head getting crushed so I imagined a dummy with a head that can cave in and inflate repeatedly. Or it being stuck at the top, the door going back and forth just a centimeter on her head.

And guys, we honestly don't need to worry about future years. This year proved to me, even with some familiar faces, the event can thrive and be amazing. It was it's best year. All the mazes were very strong; there wasn't one weak one. If you didn't like Saw, then shame on you. There were scares abundant in that maze. And the cast in Vampyre was extremely strong. And I don't need to explain why F13, NOES and HOTC were a success.

Sure 09 had all new and it was also an amazing event but it seemed like it was just missing something and I think it was variety. Saw scarezones, Saw maze, Saw Terror Tram - it was overkill even though it did all fit with the theme.

I think I was the biggest shit talker of this year on this board but now I know next year - HHN ain't the one to distrust. They give nothing short of a premium experience in every way imaginable. And if Orlando does put on a better event, then I don't care to ever see it. I live in California and I have no desire to spend hundreds of dollars to fly out there for a fuckin' theme park just so I can come back to where I live and go "I'm missing out on the good stuff" like a little crybaby. This is the best of what I got out here and they do a damn good job of it too. It's not denial and it's not avoiding the truth - it's being realistic with my situation and where I'm located and making a practical choice. I love Halloween events and theme parks as much as the next guy but there is no way in hell you'll get me to fly across the country to go visit one.

06 we started off great, even with one maze and an awesome Terror Tram (didn't attend but just coming from popular consensus).

07 the ante was upped and it became the basis for how our event is now. I came to the event alone to come see my favorite horror icons and before that day, I never really did things alone but that's besides the point. Would I do that for Knotts? Hell no, I had 0 reason to even though I was a huge fan of their stuff previously but it didn't have that novelty value of "these are my favorite horror villains!" (who are really a bunch of teenagers from Burbank in masks, but still).

08, even though it was a complete rehash of 07, improved on what they did the year prior. The Terror Tram was the most epic they ever did it and the maze that was lacking the most got a fixin' and the Bill and Ted was their funniest one. Even if you didn't like 08 for the fact it was a repeat, those are some undeniable facts right there - that it WAS improved on.

09, we got all new and yes, it was an amazing event and some of you, your favorite year.

This year, you got HOTC, a much more aggressive F13, a much more brooding NOES and Bill and Ted returning to old from.

Seriously, how can you doubt HHN Hollywood from their track record so far? Well I guess that's just me personally and I'll continue to be a happy person. You guys can mope all you want lol

DTH I know youre not sitting at your computer writing for us not to bitch and moan anymore, when you were the BIGGEST complainer this year! Now dont get me wrong I know I did my fair share of bitching, But I'm sure as hell not telling people to stop complaining. But thats beside my point. This years HHN (aside from HOTC, B&T and 2 SZ) was mediocre for me. Does that mean I'll stop attending HHN? NO I have faith Murdy will deliver next year, and even though, F13 & NOES were rehases, they still semi delivered. (no offense to the cast')

lol I'm not saying stop bitching, I'm just giving tidbits of hope so maybe bitching won't be in so much abundance.

I think I did bitch the most - although most of the time I was sarcastic.

People every right to do it and I welcome it; in honesty, this board would probably be boring if everyone loved it 100% of the time.

And there needs to be some constructive criticism somewhere, right?!

Yes! HNN is back in business! :leatherface: I've been goin' nuts without it!

Here is the vid that shows the kill from the Die-in maze at Orlando's event at :38. I think what they should do if they were to have that kill in there (and they better have it in there!) is have a live actress up there, but have the head as a dummy so it can cave in; a la the decapitation kill from this year's F13 maze. Of course, right after the head caves in, there would be a water gag for blood. lol

Also, I've noticed Murdy tweet this to another person: @disneyrthanthou: "Yes there was...and then it stopped when we opened (Complaining about repeats). But I want to do something new...all in good time." I hope it really does pull through.

I know I'm really brushing the dust off this issue, but do you think, if it scores high enough on the surveys, that Wolfman could show up next year?

Edited by Freakazoid

I tweeted murdy if an entirely black and white Night of the Living Dead house was possible. He said possibly. That would be AWESOME, and they've got rights to it. That house would be eerie if it was all in black and white, and awesome, since its such a classic, but still recognizable!

!

I tweeted murdy if an entirely black and white Night of the Living Dead house was possible. He said possibly. That would be AWESOME, and they've got rights to it. That house would be eerie if it was all in black and white, and awesome, since its such a classic, but still recognizable!

I would love for HHNH to do a zombie-apocalypse themed maze, especially after going through ZombieGeddon at Orlando's event this year, but I'd rather it be based on an original concept rather than a movie-based one. That way, Murdy won't be bound by only the specific environments and scenes in that certain movie and that they can make the zombies look however they want.

A black and white maze? Interesting. I love it. Complete opposite of 3D. Can the blood be red at least? lol

And I'm glad I wasn't the only one going through HNN withdrawals. I don't like posting on FB too often. It's almost like... those people don't even think lmao

And Freak, you didn't post the link lol although I do remember what you were talking about but even from the video, I still don't remember being able to tell it was a live actress. I don't think it would be necessary for it to be a live actress since her body would be facing outside anyway if the walkthrough is in the garage. Just get an AA that kicks its feet. BUT, if we were for whatever reason going to have the scareactress looking in our direction the other way, I figured out a way to do it. Have a platform go up and down behind the garage door timed with it moving that she can lay on and her head sticks out that's attached to the dummy body hanging down.

Edited by DTH316

A black and white maze? Interesting. I love it. Complete opposite of 3D. Can the blood be red at least? lol

And I'm glad I wasn't the only one going through HNN withdrawals. I don't like posting on FB too often. It's almost like... those people don't even think lmao

And Freak, you didn't post the link lol although I do remember what you were talking about but even from the video, I still don't remember being able to tell it was a live actress. I don't think it would be necessary for it to be a live actress since her body would be facing outside anyway if the walkthrough is in the garage. Just get an AA that kicks its feet. BUT, if we were for whatever reason going to have the scareactress looking in our direction the other way, I figured out a way to do it. Have a platform go up and down behind the garage door timed with it moving that she can lay on and her head sticks out that's attached to the dummy body hanging down.

Ugh, Sorry. The link screwed up. Here it is:

@:37.

Personally, I think it should be a live actress since, if you look at the video, you do see her upper body as you leave the garage. Like I mentioned earlier, maybe the head can be a dummy so it can cave-in.

But should it be worth the trouble to have an actress stuck in a device going up and down all night when it could be a twitching dummy? If it's a dummy head that just caves in, it kinda rules out her screaming for help. I'm just thinking practically here lol

!

that would be awsome! and they could pull out some effects that Orlando used for Dead Exposure maze that would be epic since Im a huge zombie movie fan

but realy like I said about Halloween and scream in the same year the enviorments are TOO Simiular to be one year of mazes

A black and white maze? How disorienting!

I LIKE IT. :zombie2: But the blood has to stay red. I'd rather not pull a "Psycho" and use dark chocolate syrup or a black fluid as blood, haha!

*Eats popcorn and continues to read debates*

i actually thought you guys would find this pretty interesting...

@HorrorNights I'm confused, u say trick r treat isn't well known to do a maze yet you do an original maze at hhn this year, please explain?

@Rozuk24 Gonna watch it again tonight (That is if we can find a copy here)

just gonna leave it here(:

Oh yes, I saw that too but the site was down so I didn't post it haha

But yes, that gives me high hopes on some level...

haha yeahh i was so excited to post it and then i came to the site and it was down! i was like ahh D: lol

but yeahh me too. not gonna get my hopes completely up but it does give me some hope.

that would be awsome! and they could pull out some effects that Orlando used for Dead Exposure maze that would be epic since Im a huge zombie movie fan

but realy like I said about Halloween and scream in the same year the enviorments are TOO Simiular to be one year of mazes

I think a black-and-white maze would be really cool and unique. Certainly something Knott's wouldn't do. :P

Well Grind, as me and Freak have discussed, only two quick sets of a house would need to be used. If they did the first movie, I would agree but if the they did the trilogy, it would be an awesome maze.

Even though they wouldn't feel too similar environment-wise, I would rather have Wolfman or Evil Dead occupy the WWW arena, as opposed to having another rehashed character in that venue. I mean, HHN has only been around for five years and who have we had in that arena all that time? Michael and Jason? It would be nice to have someone else occupy that space like Ash or the Wolfman.

Wait a minute here...here we are saying that Halloween should come back another year or not at all because both that and Scream have suburban environments...well so does Trick r' Treat! I don't think Scream and Trick r Treat (Especially if Halloween does come back) should both come the same year next year; I think we should wait until the sequel comes out next October so we can have the maze 2012. That way, Ghostface can be the icon this year and Sam Hien can be the main icon by then. I want each maze to have its "uniqueness" from each other environment-wise every year.

Another thing I want to add is this: (I may regret saying this out of fear I might jinx next year's event like I did saying that the Wolfman would show up this year and that we would have all-new stuff.) I honestly have the feeling HoTC may not return next year. I mean, didn't we see on Murdy's Twitter him telling someone to come because HoTC may not come back? He also mentioned that he was talking with Rob. If you were in Murdy's shoes, would you actually want to go through the trouble of discussing with Rob the possibility of returning a maze? It wouldn't make any sense to me unless he wanted to work on something else.

Edited by Freakazoid