HHN Hollywood X Wishful Thinking

but what if Murdy dont wanna use Scream as an overall theme?

Well with Murdy debating to use it questioning if it's "scary enough", he may not use it as the overall theme. I think that should be reserved for TrT. I'm just saying that if Scream does come next year, Ghostface should take over the TT and have excerpts of TrT and Evil Dead or Wolf- I mean, W-word or whatever they'll use.

Btw, I just watched the original Friday the 13th a couple of minutes ago. I think that would be such a great maze next year! :D

^^

Just kidding guys.

We are not amused

>_>

Murdy's debating on Scream?

Sorry. I just could not resist. ;)

During the event, he was talking with the producers of Scream (Wes and Kevin?) about next year's event. He said on Twitter that he was concerned about the environments since it was "mostly houses", and whether Ghostface is scary anymore after Scary Movie. That's what I've read. With Scream being the no. 1 slasher series ever, a huge demand on Twitter and FB, and the fourth film coming out next year, it would be very foolish on Murdy's part to not have it.

Well Murdy should get a reality check.

Every concept in Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street have all been parodied in some way or another whether it's a parody or a serious movie. All the rules that Scream was based on CAME from those movies. If anything, he should be wondering if they were scary anymore since Scream pointed out all their faults.

And plus he wants to do The Exorcist which was the highlight of Scary Movie 2 and that is universally agreed upon by everyone.

Also, Saw was parodied in Scary Movie 4. And that movie is not even scary to begin with and he still did it.

And the environments in Scream issue has basically been settled. Do the trilogy, there's only 1 or 2 houses at the most. The first movie in itself doesn't have to be just houses either because I can think of plenty situations that could be used in an original situation (like the grocery store, video store, the school - principal's office, bathroom, row of lockers, etc).

If I can think of a kick ass maze for it, he should be since he runs the damn thing.

If he doesn't do Scream for any reason, I will be royally pissed. 2010 he had an excuse but 2011, there are ZERO.

Ha! Freak... you're a freak.

As for Scream... Mostly houses? Sigh. Then he needs to rewatch the movie, or the series. From Part 1: Casey's house, Sid's house, the backyard, the garage, the high school. From part 2: the movie theatre, the stage, the sound booth, the crashed car. Part 3: Ummmm... I don't like to think about it but the mansion, the soundstage, the costume dept (imagine rows of Ghostface costumes lined up but one or two are real). Use a little imagination here.

Being scary enough? Well, I can see the damage that Scary Movie has done, but hopefully Part 4 will change that. Not to mention, was My Bloody Valentine a scary movie? Not really. Did it make for a cool maze? Yep.

There's tons of potential here.

Well Murdy should get a reality check.

Every concept in Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street have all been parodied in some way or another whether it's a parody or a serious movie. All the rules that Scream was based on CAME from those movies. If anything, he should be wondering if they were scary anymore since Scream pointed out all their faults.

And plus he wants to do The Exorcist which was the highlight of Scary Movie 2 and that is universally agreed upon by everyone.

Also, Saw was parodied in Scary Movie 4. And that movie is not even scary to begin with and he still did it.

And the environments in Scream issue has basically been settled. Do the trilogy, there's only 1 or 2 houses at the most. The first movie in itself doesn't have to be just houses either because I can think of plenty situations that could be used in an original situation (like the grocery store, video store, the school - principal's office, bathroom, row of lockers, etc).

If I can think of a kick ass maze for it, he should be since he runs the damn thing.

If he doesn't do Scream for any reason, I will be royally pissed. 2010 he had an excuse but 2011, there are ZERO.

As a matter of fact, while I was watching F13 this afternoon, I couldn't help but think, "Wow! That guy completely disregarded rules number one and two!" Ever since Scream, I will never again forget the three big rules for surviving a scary movie. Also, if he's questioning if Ghostface would be scary anymore after Scary Movie, he should remember that everyone thought very ill of MBV due to its "lack of scariness" and still made it scary. He can certainly make Scream scary especially after the fourth movie when all of that joke-factor on Scream should have washed off. I'm telling you, if they anounce Scream next year, you can sure bet they'll reuse those lockers. Like you said DTH, Murdy currently has no excuse to not do Scream next year....ZERO. Unless, of course, they decide to push Scream 4 back to late 2011, trim it down to a PG-13 rating, and rename it Scream 3D. :mellow:

I brought up the scary movie damage before, thats why I cant take Ghostface seriousely anymore I mean I love scream but its gonna be realy hard for me and most likely alot of people to go threw that maze and not say "WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!" everytime Ghostface pops out

You can sure bet the masters are not going to pass up that opportunity! ;) I'll still find him scary anyways.

here is the survey!! (:

http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=129013055901

and holy crap!!!!!!

i went from this " :o " to this " :D " when i saw this!!! lol

@horrornights but the fans r asking to do trick r treat lol jk, I understand, to bad 4 trick r treat :(

@MikeTweetz Definitely considering it...we'll see how it does on the guest surveys

i really dont wanna get my hope's up but i really want this maze! lol

Edited by LeeRay

^^ Cool! I can't wait to see this upcoming satire on modern horror! lol

Just took the survey. I was very encouraged to see that HoTC was NOT on the "What do you want to see next year?" question. In case you were curious, I voted for Scream, Evil dead, Jeepers Creepers, Trick r Treat, and- well, the last one seems so obvious to you all that I'll let you figure it out. ;)

^^ Cool! I can't wait to see this upcoming satire on modern horror! lol

Just took the survey. I was very encouraged to see that HoTC was NOT on the "What do you want to see next year?" question. In case you were curious, I voted for Scream, Evil dead, Jeepers Creepers, Trick r Treat, and- well, the last one seems so obvious to you all that I'll let you figure it out. ;)

looks like we can get a Trick r treat themed year, since that was the only good choice on the question for what should be the theme sorry DTH looks like they arent considering Scream for a over all theme but hey you might get a Scream maze

looks like we can get a Trick r treat themed year, since that was the only good choice on the question for what should be the theme sorry DTH looks like they arent considering Scream for a over all theme but hey you might get a Scream maze

I really don't care if Scream is the overall theme or not. All I really want is for Ghostface to take over the Terror Tram, but I don't think that's what they're implying. :-/

EDIT TO ADD: Apparently, HHNBro said that he wants new stuff to come next year. That's encouraging to know!

Edited by Freakazoid

Well, the surveys list of themes just depends on which you put you would like to see there. For instance of you put you want to see Scream and Dexter, the survey will only list those 2 choices as themes. That said I still don't expect Scream to ever become our main theme, though I would prefer it over the 2010 nightmare on elm street.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

Here were some of the things I put on the survey: (I will also note I am going to take this survey MULTIPLE times to ensure we get Scream & no repeats next year)

Friday the 13th: Kill, Jason, Kill! was pretty awesome. Definitely the best maze. Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again! was a close second. Even though these were two reused properties, Universal and team made them feel fresh and new again. I wasn't a big fan of House of 1,000 Corpses and thought the 3D was pointless and non-existent but still I welcomed the new properties in with open arms.

This is a tough one because I thought it was a very strong year equally all around for it to be it's best year. So I'll share these few sentiments: the lower lot scarezone Pigz didn't feel too much like a scarezone. There just has to be more environment down there. The Terror Tram, although still very strong, wasn't apart of the main plot of the rest of the event (meaning I didn't like not being able to see the maze properties not on the Terror Tram like usual). The Vampyre layout in House of Horrors needs a much better overlay than throwing in characters. A month or two refurb so it can look different would be nice even though I'm aware you want it open for daytime usage also but why not make it a daytime and night time maze as a preview to the event for daytime visitors? The queue area leading to House of 1000 Corpses was pretty dry and not much to look at or listen to. Bring back the projection in the Wild Wild Wild West arena for more queue entertainment.

Jurassic Park with actual scareactors; Simpsons Ride playing clips from Treehouse of Horrors;

I want to experience a new area of the back lot next year, even if it means that I will not get to experience the War of the Worlds plane crash and the Bates Motel / Psycho House

Clicked literally everything except Dexter on which ones I've seen.

Wolfman, Evil Dead, Left 4 Dead, The Exorcist, Scream, Jeepers Creepers, The Descent, Classic Monsters, Hostel, Dawn of the Dead, Trick r Treat & The Walking Dead and entered The Ring, Tales From the Crypt and put SCREAM IS A MUST in the other field :)

Picked Scream for theme

No repeats - that bugs the fans. Or at least wait awhile to bring them back. More mazes and shows so lines won't get so long. Queue entertainment if you do insist we wait in 70 minute lines. Don't get greedy midway through and change prices for General Admission/Front of the Line when people were already saving up for the original price. Bring back the sheet maze on the Terror Tram. Have more going on on the lower lot. Jurassic Park can easily get an overlay. Expand the event nights to include more Thursdays and even some Wednesdays. Trick 'R Treat would be awesome - but I would rather it wait until the sequel is released so it gets a bigger fanbase and it could be the main theme for the event. Scream definitely needs to be the main theme next year and he absolutely HAS to take over the Terror Tram.

Edited by DTH316

Here were some of the things I put on the survey: (I will also note I am going to take this survey MULTIPLE times to ensure we get Scream & no repeats next year)

Friday the 13th: Kill, Jason, Kill! was pretty awesome. Definitely the best maze. Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again! was a close second. Even though these were two reused properties, Universal and team made them feel fresh and new again. I wasn't a big fan of House of 1,000 Corpses and thought the 3D was pointless and non-existent but still I welcomed the new properties in with open arms.

This is a tough one because I thought it was a very strong year equally all around for it to be it's best year. So I'll share these few sentiments: the lower lot scarezone Pigz didn't feel too much like a scarezone. There just has to be more environment down there. The Terror Tram, although still very strong, wasn't apart of the main plot of the rest of the event (meaning I didn't like not being able to see the maze properties not on the Terror Tram like usual). The Vampyre layout in House of Horrors needs a much better overlay than throwing in characters. A month or two refurb so it can look different would be nice even though I'm aware you want it open for daytime usage also but why not make it a daytime and night time maze as a preview to the event for daytime visitors? The queue area leading to House of 1000 Corpses was pretty dry and not much to look at or listen to. Bring back the projection in the Wild Wild Wild West arena for more queue entertainment.

Jurassic Park with actual scareactors; Simpsons Ride playing clips from Treehouse of Horrors;

I want to experience a new area of the back lot next year, even if it means that I will not get to experience the War of the Worlds plane crash and the Bates Motel / Psycho House

Clicked literally everything except Dexter on which ones I've seen.

Wolfman, Evil Dead, Left 4 Dead, The Exorcist, Scream, Jeepers Creepers, The Descent, Classic Monsters, Hostel, Dawn of the Dead, Trick r Treat & The Walking Dead and entered The Ring, Tales From the Crypt and put SCREAM IS A MUST in the other field :)

Picked Scream for theme

No repeats - that bugs the fans. Or at least wait awhile to bring them back. More mazes and shows so lines won't get so long. Queue entertainment if you do insist we wait in 70 minute lines. Don't get greedy midway through and change prices for General Admission/Front of the Line when people were already saving up for the original price. Bring back the sheet maze on the Terror Tram. Have more going on on the lower lot. Jurassic Park can easily get an overlay. Expand the event nights to include more Thursdays and even some Wednesdays. Trick 'R Treat would be awesome - but I would rather it wait until the sequel is released so it gets a bigger fanbase and it could be the main theme for the event. Scream definitely needs to be the main theme next year and he absolutely HAS to take over the Terror Tram.

Kurtapplause.gif

Topic has been renamed "Wishful Thinking" (Pre-Speculation) to match the Orlando topic. Continue your discussion. :)

Thanks so much! If this had been "the other site", they would have just locked it and said, "Too early! Wait to later next year!" So I appreciate you letting us further our discussion. :)

Back to the spec./wishful thinking, Hellraiser and the Thing have for sure been counted out since their movies both got pushed back and they showed up nowhere on the surveys. So they're officially out.

One of the questions on there intrigued me very much. They asked me if I either wanted to see Psycho and WoTW sets again but with different sets, or not see those two and see a new location (I picked the latter). So I wonder where they'll have this new location if the latter gets the majority? New York Street? Little Europe? That would kick butt!

Do you think we'll finally see some video game-based mazes on Bioshock or Silent Hill? I'm not much of a video game person, but a Silent Hill maze would be cool.

Also, just for giggles, Sam Raimi is working on a new "Saw-esqe" film called, Dibbuk Box. That might be something for next year.

Thanks for posting the survey!

I won't go into too much detail about my answers but I made sure to make the point (many times) that we have to see new and fresh characters/properties to keep the event great.

I also voted for Scream, TrT, Jeepers Creepers, Universal Monsters, and Wolfman! I didn't vote for too many things because I wanted the message to come through loud and clear.

I just really hope a bunch of morons from the GP don't click Freddy being all "I like Freddy. He's cool." <_<

I think I may take it again...

Thanks for posting the survey!

I won't go into too much detail about my answers but I made sure to make the point (many times) that we have to see new and fresh characters/properties to keep the event great.

I also voted for Scream, TrT, Jeepers Creepers, Universal Monsters, and Wolfman! I didn't vote for too many things because I wanted the message to come through loud and clear.

I just really hope a bunch of morons from the GP don't click Freddy being all "I like Freddy. He's cool." <_<

I think I may take it again...

Do it! Take it again! That's what I did. :D Be sure to specify HoH needs to be revamped and yet they may still keep it open for daytime guests! Keep voting for Wolfman!