Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

I don't know what happened today but I went to Hades around 6:30 and the actors were more aggressive than ever! my group got scared so many times, Every actor got us, some even followed us a little, people in front of me were literally saying "where does this end? where is the exit where does it end?" really freaked out,

well, the actors in all the houses seemed to be more active, I don't know if is just my imagination

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some shout-outs from Oct 1st...

-Cindy in FEAR Revealed. Oh my god give this actress a medal. She is absolutely amazing in how she accurately plays her character, is around for photos, and STILL manages to get GREAT scares! I had a very brief "hello" conversation with her in the middle of the evening, she waved goodbye then pranced off - I turned my attention to FEAR, and then out of nowhere (on the other side of me) she pops up in my face and goes "HI AGAIN!" Brilliantly creepy and gave me a great fright.

-Treak/Foon/Whatever in the Treaks & Foons room. There wasn't anyone in there opening weekend, so not only did the Treak surprise me and give me a good scare, his enthusiasm and commitment to the character was very solid - evidenced when he stayed in character during the cast change. On a similar note, the midway clown from the first room after the vortex also deserves a shoutout for scaring the shit out of my sister while in line for Catacombs - you guys were going through a cast change and he lept over the line and got in her face, exclaiming random gibberish - love it!

-Everyone in the Alice room deserves another shout-out for being excellently creepy (in Alice's case) and great at harvesting scares in the Hatter & Rabbit's case. The three work off each other well which led to some great double-team scares.

-Eddie in the last room. The line was being pulsed so we were the only ones in the finale - I believe the Storyteller (or maybe Usher) had just gotten us, and we were rounding the last U-Turn... I knew Eddie's hiding spot, but he was not there... he was crouching, right there in the middle of the pathway! He roared in our faces and made us all jump back. Excellent scare tactic, kept me on my toes, keep using it.

-Entire cast of Catacombs, again. You guys are fantastic and your house remains the scariest at the event. Keep up the amazing work.

-HAVOC... the first guy with the mask, you ALWAYS get scares even though I know (and many other people know) you're there. The chainsaw guy is great, the guys in the tubes always get me, the DOW in the cell in the 2nd room still plays his part great... I have to say most of the female DOWs also rock it particularly well in their commitment to scare you MULTIPLE times. I had an experience with that last time, and I think it was actually the same female DOW (right after the Chainsaw)... whoever you are, you're great, keep it up!

-Orfanage... that damn black pirate got me again because I keep forgetting where he is in the house. The trick or treaters right before the fire scene were new (to me), so they nailed me wonderfully... and I have to say, the finale has improved DRAMATICALLY. The two trick or treaters here actually hide and create a good ping pong scare, and Cindy has found a way to both stare'n'glare and give a solid scare. Towards the event of the night, whichever Cindy started singing "Ring Around the Rosie" (ending with they all fall DEAD), you are my hero(ine?) The first Cindy has greatly improved, too, being very creepy and also getting a scare here and there.

-Zombiegeddon - In my review from Opening Weekend, I expressed my disappointment that the zombies in the first few rooms largely don't scare you since they're supposed to be tamed. I'll retract that statement - I wish I could see the Zombie Mom pop out a little more, but the Carnival zombies were GREAT. They lunged forward and growled, and then seemed to "retreat", holding their collars as if forced to. LOVE it. Everyone else in the house (esp that suicide-prone nail-gunner) is still amazing.

-Hades... the Spartan Warriors are kickass and effective, both Medusa's are amazing, and the individual who I'm guessing is supposed to be Icarus (has a beak-like mask with wings, and I'm pretty sure she's a female?). The latter is another scare actor who REALLY commits to scaring you multiple times, especially if you're separated from the pack... her room gives her the advantage of getting you from multiple angles, which she does effectively. That minotaur always nails me, too.

-Psychoscareapy... Sadly not much to cheer about here. There were two individuals who REALLY got me (and not me letting myself get scared, them actually shocking me), but sadly the costumes are so non-descript that I can't really describe who was who. Apologies!

-Legendary Truth... Pretty much most of the ghosts in here are doing a stellar job. The chair guy is great, I just wish he'd spring up a little more - I miss him every other run, it seems. The statues are still extremely convincing. I'll give some props to the finale ghosts, too - they have very, very little to work with (I don't think they even get an e-prompt?) but they really were making an effort to stay hidden and get scares.

-Other Zones... the new black-hoods in Escueleto were doing a great job of getting some scares. Keep using those coffins, it works well. That Chucky & Mary Shaw in 20 are very enthusiastic. Saws'n'Steam chainsaws were going all-out, as well.

I do believe the Cindy mentioned is my friend Tara! : )) If she doesn't see this first, I'll pass on the commentary!

I just gotta give some props to cast A of both Havoc and Zombiegeddon-- the amount of energy those two casts had when I went through was just incredible. Easily made them my two favourite houses of the evening!!

Thank you I'm in Havoc and your feedback is very much appreciated. Come back some time because that energy is staying the same the whole run. :) I love everyone in Havoc and Cast A is really like a family.

Hope to see you soon! :)

didnt get a good look at him, but there was a masked male in zombigras around 1145 on oct3 who scared the hell out of me. creeped up from behind.

lady dow in havoc, used to be in containment. a+ scare

So, this giant beast of a chainsaw guy stopped me in my tracks and growled "vault". I tried pointing at my mom, but she had dissapeared.. meaning.. the ran away.. and then said "you look scared". I was trying not to piss myself. I'm going to assume that was you.. again. You just have it out for me this year.

I would also like to commend the Fear Revealed Cindy. She followed my friend around on EP asking if she'd like to play a game. She was so bouncy, full of energy, and I loved it. The Usher in Fear Revealed when we went through was awesome as well.

And whoever plays Frankenstein cast A.. holy crap. I was taking a picture of the queen of hearts, and you can see my mom behind her waiting for me, and frankenstein in mid step going for my mom. She didn't even see him coming, and you scared the living shit out of her.

Casey

*raises hand for Frank Cast A*

You're welcome. Hard to be sneaky with me being as big as I am, but I try my best.

I'd like to thank several people in Cast B of 20 Years of Fear for toying with me on several occasions tonight. Especially the pumpkinhead walking with a swagger next to me, that was great :)

Also, who is the guy with the nailgun on Zombiegeddon Cast A? You put your nailgun to my arm and fired several nails into me! ;) That was so unexpected but very awesome

And of course, Kim for rocking the hell out of the Storyteller. It's always a pleasure to see you work :)

Shout out to Valdez and the Usher in Hallow'd are in order.

The Minotaur in Hades. IDK who you are but thank you.

My brother for trying to infect me once more.

Laz, Craig and my friend Cody for rocking the ghost look in PS.

My friend Brian (who I don't think knows this website exist) for scaring the shit out of me as a chair.

Bryan for scaring the shit out of Dustin.

To all the chainsaws in 20 Years of Fear AMAZING job.

If I forgot you and you saw me and gave me a shout out my apologies. I'm trying to remember everyone.

Edited by Jakemeister

Had a good one Sunday night. My daughter was working on a photagraphy assignment for school and taking a bunch of pics in Saws and Steam around dusk. We were moving much slower than we should have while she was snapping away. The guy up on the landing came down to talk with her. Instead of scolding her for blocking the traffic flow he had the greatest in character reaction ever. He pointed out that she didn't need her legs to take pictures and would it be ok if he took some off of one leg...she would still be able to hobble around. Not even growly about it just pleasant and mater of fact conversation...very funny.

I don't know what happened today but I went to Hades around 6:30 and the actors were more aggressive than ever! my group got scared so many times, Every actor got us, some even followed us a little, people in front of me were literally saying "where does this end? where is the exit where does it end?" really freaked out,

well, the actors in all the houses seemed to be more active, I don't know if is just my imagination

That was my cast....we were all really amped because we weren't closing....plus we knew we were rockin' it the day before with the energy so we transferred over in to yesterday

Some shout-outs from Oct 1st...

-Hades... the Spartan Warriors are kickass and effective, both Medusa's are amazing, and the individual who I'm guessing is supposed to be Icarus (has a beak-like mask with wings, and I'm pretty sure she's a female?). The latter is another scare actor who REALLY commits to scaring you multiple times, especially if you're separated from the pack... her room gives her the advantage of getting you from multiple angles, which she does effectively. That minotaur always nails me, too.

That is the FURY and it's actually a Male in both casts...I'm in the room prior as a Stygian Witch and I love scaring the crap out of everyone one, two, sometimes even three times before they even get past me...

Edited by Dons_Girl88

That is the FURY and it's actually a Male in both casts...I'm in the room prior as a Stygian Witch and I love scaring the crap out of everyone one, two, sometimes even three times before they even get past me...

It's funny to see them walking around without their masks in those costumes....with cleavage :)

It's funny to see them walking around without their masks in those costumes....with cleavage :)

It's even more amusing when the guests harass him and grab his chest plate and find out its a guy....you can hear the "WTF its a DUDE"!!!! all the way back in to my scene and I can't help but laugh

didnt get a good look at him, but there was a masked male in zombigras around 1145 on oct3 who scared the hell out of me. creeped up from behind.

Depending on where you were in the street it could have been one of three. Most times during the last set the cast is in party mode but a few of us stay hardcore scares. I will let those on the cast know :) Thanks for the shoutout!

the bird like creature is a Harpy, and the character is a girl, not the scareacter lol. This is one of my fave houses and I loved being the Minotaur Follower (the guy right before the Minotaur with the bull skull as a hat) because he has the same benefits as the Harpy with the multiple scare opportunities

I went last Saturday (October 2nd) and all of the scareactors were great the whole time I was there. I may post a full review soon, but just wanted to give a couple of thanks to some of the more memorable scareactors. (I'll put down the approximate times for those that I remember and these are probably in time order so I might jump around to different places a few times).

- In Saws & Steam at about 7:15 my friends stopped at the entrance of Sting Alley to take a picture with the steam rising behind them. One of the actors with the glowing glasses got into the picture and sufficiently freaked one of my friends out so much that she just kept backing away out of the picture. It was pretty funny and we had a good laugh at her later for being scared.

- In Fear Revealed at sometime between 7:30 and 7:45 my friends wanted a picture with one of the icons. The Caretaker was standing alone by himself so they went after him. To his credit though he didn't just pose easily, he stood there staring at my brother's girlfriend turned away from the others in the picture and when the pic was snapped he had his scissors open ready for an attack. It turned out to be a really cool picture.

- At the same time, I was waiting for them and Cindy came up to me and actually made me jump (I never get scared in scarezones) cause she looked like she just appeared from nowhere. She then stayed around for a second asked me if I enjoyed playing there and skipped off to scare someone else. She was exactly what I thought Cindy should be like.

- Both times I went through the Catacombs (probably at 8:35 and again at 1:05) those plague doctors always got me. They just seemed to have perfect timing so great job to all of them.

- While we were waiting in line for Catacombs the second time (so probably 1:00) we saw the cast change for Hallow'd Past, and the Body Collector's Assistant that was going into the house just attacked a girl standing in line behind us. I don't know if he knew her or what, but they all started walking past, I saw him eying something towards the line, and he just ran over, leaning on the post that was holding the chains up for the line reaching and grabbing at her. It was hilarious to watch.

- Near the end of the night (1:15 or 1:20), we hit Havoc with a five minute wait and that was because they were pulsing groups. By that time it was only my brother and I left from our group, so we ended up in the house alone (the group in front had gotten about a minute and a half head start). Everyone in there was just so intense in scaring us. It was a great experience.

- While waiting in line for the Orfanage near the end of the night (1:30) we saw one cast leave. They had to be tired from a long night of scaring, but they all stayed in character, holding hands and skipping on the way out. It was great and I love it.

- The Saws & Steam cast near the end of the night (probably about 1:45) were attacking everyone that came near them. All of the chainsaw guys were spread out on the street getting scares til the end. As I was walking by I was watching one of them who was near me the whole time, but he still scared me when he revved his saw right next to me and put it in front of me.

- Finally, as we were leaving the park at 1:55, we walked through Esqueleto Muerte toward the exit. Everyone was leaving, but they were all still dancing around through the zone, getting scares here and there, and staying in character. I really appreciated that, after a long night they were still keeping it up to the end.

So these were just some of the great moments I remembered right now. All of the scareactors were amazing though, it was such a great experience, so I wanted to tell you thank you for a great experience for all of you on here.

Depending on where you were in the street it could have been one of three. Most times during the last set the cast is in party mode but a few of us stay hardcore scares. I will let those on the cast know :) Thanks for the shoutout!

i was entering the zone from amity. he saw me, i walked by, thought i was safe, and he creeped up a moment later. there was a teenage boy a few steps behind me that clapped and laughed, if that helps any.

That was my cast, cast A, in Fear Revealed at that time. I wish I could see the Caretaker, but because he's tucked away in his corner, I can never see what the heck he's doing, while I can *usually* easily see what my other cast mates have going on. I am so happy you were able to get scares in our street!

This past Saturday the 2nd I took the night off to go as a guest with family. They wanted to see a show(can't remember which) and I didn't want to so by myself I went to Zombiegeddon and Orfanage. Due to it being about 1:15, though it wasn't during cast change because all scares were there, I went through both of these house with no one in front of me and no one behind me. Best experience ever! I do feel the need to mention one scare, I was about to enter a different room when all of the sudden the curtains infront of me flew open and a SA screamed in my face. I must have jumped 6th inthe air, I then told her that she got scare of the night, and she laughed. That might be the greatest HHN scare I have ever had, being a 6"3' male I don't get many, but you gave me a great one. If your on here thank you very much!!!

This past Saturday the 2nd I took the night off to go as a guest with family. They wanted to see a show(can't remember which) and I didn't want to so by myself I went to Zombiegeddon and Orfanage. Due to it being about 1:15, though it wasn't during cast change because all scares were there, I went through both of these house with no one in front of me and no one behind me. Best experience ever! I do feel the need to mention one scare, I was about to enter a different room when all of the sudden the curtains infront of me flew open and a SA screamed in my face. I must have jumped 6th inthe air, I then told her that she got scare of the night, and she laughed. That might be the greatest HHN scare I have ever had, being a 6"3' male I don't get many, but you gave me a great one. If your on here thank you very much!!!

Oh my! I believe that was me! Yaaay! :D

i was entering the zone from amity. he saw me, i walked by, thought i was safe, and he creeped up a moment later. there was a teenage boy a few steps behind me that clapped and laughed, if that helps any.

That would have either been me (in orange with a full face mask) or my counterpart (in green with only a party style mask.)

Man it was an awesome scare, i got another very similar scare in Orphanage the same night, both of yalls houses were just fantastic that night, but thank you for that!

You were my last scare of the night! It was a great one to finish off the long night!

Kudos to the human trainer guy (sorry, don't know the exact role name) in Zombiegeddon for informing us that in case of a zombie attack, we need to hide our kids, and hide our wives. Got a HUGE laugh out of me and all the people around me.

Also in Zombiegeddon, can't remember where in the house exactly but a zombie on the left got me right before I left his room. I thought there was a wall between us but turns out, there was a little opening for him to creep into. I wasn't paying attention and BAM. I think that was the loudest I've ever screamed at HHN. You were awesome, whoever you were. And I saw you laugh at me :P

Cast B of Catacombs: you are brilliant. So much energy from each and every one of you. Fantastic teamwork all around. You all clearly know how to share your scares and help set up scares for your scene partners. The best display of this was the scene with the guy on the ceiling. The doctor on the floor did a fantastic job of distracting me while the arm came reaching down. I got scared from both sides. Another great partner scare was a scene with two doctors, one on the left and one on the right. The woman in front of me refused to walk past them as they reached out for her. Even I felt anxious walking past them. Also, you guys did a fantastic job of not just relying on your mask or your boo hole to do the scaring. Something I see a lot is people who pop out and assume that just the simple act of popping out will be enough to get the startle. Or, people wearing masks will appear, let you see the scary mask, then retreat. But you guys in Catacombs went the extra mile. You'd pop out, knowing that your masks were creepy creepola, but so many of you would add a little something, a head tilt, another jolt towards the guests, etc. before you recovered. My favorite was the guy who popped out at me, scaring me visibly, then came towards me again and threatened to slit my throat with his staff thing. I saw cast A walking out of the break area so I was prepared for a cast change walkthrough, which can be a little empty and awkward with timing and whatnot. But holy canoli, you guys absolutely killed it.