Fear Revealed

Mark M.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea i never posted about this zone............just wanted to let you know, in every year that i have gone to HHN, this is my favorite SZ of all time. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and that is mine by far. And it is every single character in this zone the interaction, the makeup, the sets, and of course fear himself. However i do have to say that Cindy is the one i was looking forward to seeing the most in this zone, i got pictures with all, but she was top on the list. The Cindy i encountered was amazing, her creepiness is off the wall, loved it. So if shes on here, thanks for the conversation you gave my family, they were very creeped out, and finally understood the storyline and description of Cindy that i was giving them. And if shes not on here then Kim, can you please tell her shes doing an amazing job, didnt get to interact with the other cast Cindy but im sure shes fantastic too.

This is the one i interacted with in the photobucket album below

CLICK HERE

Edited by gatoralex

This was an awesome SZ. There was so much activity all over, I loved all the past characters. I give big ups to the cast on thursday (Sept 30th) they did a great job. I took a picture of the giant reaper prop outside the warehouse area and didn't even see the guy in the tree costume hiding in it till he scared me LoL

We take photos at our discretion. I get tired of pictures very quickly, and I would much rather scare, but if you ask nicely, I MAY oblige. I may also quiz you on something related to my character. And if you don't know who my character is, I won't let you take a picture. Also, it is really rude to yell after a scareactor for a photo, and don't touch them unless they are a good friend of yours. But don't be surprised if I just decide to get up and move around while being photographed.

I'll definitely be looking for you this Saturday

Actually I was speaking of the "Fear Revealed" area and not the "20 years of Fear" area. But the two are so close I didn't know the reaper prop belonged to the 20 years area, my bad.

Really, given their proximity and content, they may as well be considered one big Flashback Scarezone.

Those pictures are of cast B Cindy, and they are both terrific.

You know, we do have a break between our areas, so I think the confusion comes with the similar names: 20 Years of Fear and Fear Revealed. As you walk up Hollywood Blvd, the last scaractors you will encounter in 20 Years are the Ice Queen and Pumpkinhead. There's a little break with no one in it, then to your right is Jack's tent, and up a bit on the left in the Storyteller (me).

Yeah, I for one was a bit disappointed to not see the Terra Queen. But, then again, I think she had less publicity than Eddie even, so even less people would know who she is. It would make sense though....Jack and Chance, Caretaker and Cindy, Director and Usher (I know that they have no correlation in their stories, but they do kinda go together in their theming, and they seemed to be hanging out near each other), storyteller and Terra Queen, and then Fear and his minions. It'd all fit together perfectly. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. The zone is still pretty amazing. I may actually spend a bit more time in it next time, usually I speed through because of the crowd but now that I'm nearing visit number 4 I have a bit more time to blow.

The Cindy i encountered was amazing, her creepiness is off the wall, loved it. So if shes on here, thanks for the conversation you gave my family, they were very creeped out, and finally understood the storyline and description of Cindy that i was giving them. And if shes not on here then Kim, can you please tell her shes doing an amazing job, didnt get to interact with the other cast Cindy but im sure shes fantastic too.

This is the one i interacted with in the photobucket album below

CLICK HERE

I know Cindy appreciates your kind words. I have passed your message on to her.

Posted it in the shoutout thread, but I'll post it again here....The storyteller/Cindy combo really got me chilled out! I don't know if it was Kim or the other storyteller, but man...Cindy pops up and surprises me when I thought she was running away and says "Hi! Let's play a game: You can go hide, and I can come and kill you!" and as she turns around to scamper off, I jest "Well, what if you don't find me?" and she responds in the holy crap cutest voice "Oh, I'll find you" smiles and runs off...I grin, turn around and there's the storyteller in my face saying "Oh yes, she'll find you." I was utterly creeped out, and that was one of the best moments of that night.

It bugs me that people are constantly calling this "the photo-op zone". Let me assure you, though there is a lot of photo taking going on, this is still very much a scarezone. I saw EVERY single character here, from Jack to Fear's minions, getting scares. By the time the weekend was over, all but two of them had a go at me (between the two Directors, they got me six times!).

Fear was very impressive, and I was a bit awestruck watching him. Yes, Universal could've done a little more with him, but I was pleased enough that they at least let him roam around and scare some people. He made an excellent distraction too - the Director, Cindy, and the Usher all got me while I was watching him. Just be careful lingering around him for too long. I caught his attention on Saturday night and he headed right in my direction... I kept backing off and he wouldn't stop following me until I broke down and cowered away from him. He got REALLY close (one more step and his icon pouch thing would've whacked me in the head), and compared to little 5'1" me, he was HUGE... so that freaked me out. D:

I really enjoyed watching Fear's minions too. They were very graceful, almost ethereal in their movements, swirling around people like shadows. And they were great at catching people off guard - you'd turn around and find one standing behind you, or leaning over your shoulder, or following alongside you, ever so silently. Sunday night, I had a couple ask me to take their picture with Fear, and as I was doing it a couple of grey fingers suddenly poked into my line of sight and started caressing the picture I'd just taken. I turned to find a minion lurking over my shoulder, I had no idea he/she was even there... I was just like "Oh, hello." LOL

Speaking of the minions, some of Fear's interactions with them were really cute. I caught him stroking one on the head, and leading another one around by the hand, prompting a chorus of "Awwww!" from all of us girls watching.

... which promptly turned to screams as Eddie came running at us with his chainsaw. LOL. Good times.

Hmm, what else... ah yes, I really liked the way one of the Caretakers was scaring people. It creeped them out big time, but I thought it was cute. He would follow them around, smiling and snapping his scissors, and he honestly looked just like this:

: D *snip* : D *snip* : D *snip*

I got a kick out of it. :)

I love the interaction you guys provide to the VIP lounge. Especially whoever was playing the storyteller that came in and sat right next to me (not before asking for permission first though hehe). I think that that was Kim, but I'm horrid with names and faces. I wasn't sure what to do or how to react at first until she was just being straight forward obvious lol.

Also, I've been asking people and looking around, but I just can't find too much info on Chance. Is there any official backstory for her? She's like an even more forgotten about Eddie. But I love the character...and the people who play her, holy crap. One of the A&D guys (The tall one lol, I forgot his name) was talking about the 2005 rewards they gave the people who played the game...and Chance just so happened to be hanging out in the room, and he joked that "We gave you Chance as the gift!" and she gave this laugh and jiggles her breasts! I don't have a single female friend that would get THAT into a character. They'd just kinda try and tame the character down.

Chance was created as part of the "Arrival" show for Carnival of Carnage, simply to be a sort of side-kick to Jack. She is a further development of the "Jill" character who was being developed for the first year at the Islands, who was Jack's jilted ex-lover. She doesn't really have a back story in the canon, but she keep popping up because the fans like her so much.

At least, that's my understanding of her.

This is by FAR my favorite scarezone, the other night when I was getting tired of the hour long lines for all the houses I ended up over here and spent a good hour or so just walking around interacting with all the Icons I LOVE It. I'm not sure if its Hell Well but it did seem like Photo-Op the Scarezone to me. I must admit i'm guility of it myself but I really appreciate all the hard work the scareactors do in this zone and all the time you take for the fans, I know I appreciate the attention a great deal.

Hell Week is next week, and the Storyteller who sat down next to you was Margie, not me, but that's a great idea and I'll have to try it sometime.

Cool. Honestly, you guys look exactly alike in that costume lol. I really enjoyed Margie though, she was so sweet to me but caustic(edit: caustic in a characteristic way, not being rude or anything) to everyone else XD. She taps on the shoulder of the lady that was sitting in front of me, and slowly moves the knife to her face smiling, then walked around the room a bit, and as she left she gave me this really creepy "old lady finger wave."

As far as hell week being next week....damn. I hope that it isn't too bad on Thursday/Sunday or even Wednesday. From my experience, hell week has only been bad on Fridays/ Saturdays, but then again I've only been on a hell week day on a Friday or Saturday heh.

Edited by King_Panther13

We DO look a lot alike in make-up and costume, and that is because we always have the same person do our make-up, night after night. Her shawl is different than mine, and I am taller. I'll let her know that you enjoyed your interaction with her. Since I almost never see her in character for more than a minute or two, it's good to hear that she is a wonderful Storyteller, just as I thought she would be.

I came through here right after the gates opened. about half of the actors were out. I was trying to get as many daylight pics as I could, but when I asked Jack he said "No." I realized that it was just because he was putting on his little 'opening show' & I was distracting him from his job.. I told the actor I understood & carried on.. Fear was making his way out, thou & I snapped this pic of me 'saluting' Fear (Everyone is disappointed by Fear, but he did alot more on the 9th, then they gave him credit for & I enjoyed him. I mean how much freedom can a stilt actor have?)

l_cf29f751f2334c06ba8579280b2b9fa4.jpg

Later, in the dark I had a better experience.. Fear 'bowed up' to me

l_528aa528ffc145018972b21bd9ea9165.jpg

I approached Eddie for a pic. I said "it's a shame what they did to you in 01'."

He replied "Yea, it is." I say "Don't let em' drag you down. Your number one! NUMBER ONE!"

Eddie: "YEA!!". He cranks his saw back up & makes my brother girlfriend (the one who took the pic)RUN.

l_fd79c345caba46f79f64fa5c87599e47.jpg

I approached Cindy.

Me:"CINDY! Can I have a picture."

Cindy(in a flirty way): "Too bad I don't know your name." (She dances around me & positions herself for the pic)

Me: "Its Mark, sweetie. I like what you did with the orphanage."

Cindy: "It's my best work, yet."

I had a lot of fun interacting with Cindy. Great actress & her flirtatious attitude made me blush.. you can see it in the pic.

l_9c67b9a3b2f94f708be4984eca5752ae.jpg

& Finally I got my pic with Jack.

Me:"Jack! Can I get a quick one."

Jack: "I don't like em' quick. I like it slow & painful! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Me: "Yea, me too."

l_62d48152b89746f3aeb0551b2e25310b.jpg

(I intended on getting a pic with Kim. She just seemed so busy every trip through. Wish I could have got a pic, but great job keeping people interested. Kim, this is the only cast I caught (blonde Eddie cast) & I am curious, is this your cast? )