Fear Revealed

Mark M.

The character of FEAR is a cool concept, but they screwed up the way he looks in person. The makeup team did a great job with the design and I agree fully with all of the years carved into his body, but ALOT could have been done with his head, but doing little.

First off, I don't think they should have showed much of his face. It's not scary if it's just out there in the open. Just like the Werewolf (American Werewolf In London nailed it) or even Harvey Two-Face, they show way to much and leave out the mystery. Here is my proposal for what FEAR should have looked like.

1. Same stature and height and body marks, but the main differences would come with the face. He should have been hooded, with flickering lights or glowing eyes of some sort and pieces of his face jutting out from underneath depending on the light.

2. He should be dripping some sort of saliva-like substance that doesn't stain clothing, but it's got a disgusting texture. Even water would work. As RAIZE suggested, they could attach one of those water packs with a hose and the liquid can drip with some button or mouth control. Think of how disgusting it would be to pose with him and then he drools on you...ewww

3. He should have some sort of non-visible speakers swirling the voices of past icons all around him.

The dripping part would be the best improvement though.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3. He should have some sort of non-visible speakers swirling the voices of past icons all around him.

The dripping part would be the best improvement though.

There is a P.A with all the Icons voices around him. & then you hear his voice.

But I agree with the dripping, that would be legit.

I don't know if you were the Storyteller I got to meet on opening night at 9:35 (at least that's the time my camera tells me), but if so, it was AWESOME interacting with you. I asked "Elsa" if she would take a photo with me, and she stated I was the only one that night who knew her real name. When I confessed that I was a fan, she stated she was a fan as well. The photo could not be any scarier.

BTW, if you see me limping through the scarezone on any FFPP nights, I'm not mocking. My sciatica is acting up very badly this year, and I'm spending way too much time on my feet because I'm having SO MUCH FUN with you all! I have my favorites, as I'm sure we all do, but I have not encountered one scareactor that I was not thoroughly impressed with.

I look forward to many more scary nights this October, I'll buy a hat so I can give a hat's off to you all!!

-Kathy

I have a torn meniscus! We should hook up and limp around together. We'd be great at Zombiegras!!!

Mae

Yes, Shadowcreek, the blonde Eddie is my cast, and I'm sorry I'm too busy for a photo with you. I had no idea I had that many more photo requests than other people. I thought Jack was the busy one. I try to get as many scares in as I can, and still do enough photos so as not to make people mad or disappointed.

Yes, Shadowcreek, the blonde Eddie is my cast, and I'm sorry I'm too busy for a photo with you. I had no idea I had that many more photo requests than other people. I thought Jack was the busy one. I try to get as many scares in as I can, and still do enough photos so as not to make people mad or disappointed.

I would like a picture with all of you! I may have to make that a priority this Sunday....

I positively dwarf you Kim! You should stand on your set or I'll be the scary one in that picture!

Mae

I have a torn meniscus! We should hook up and limp around together. We'd be great at Zombiegras!!!

Mae

I just started renting a wheelchair to use as a walker around the park (as well as to sit in when in the queue), so I'm not limping so much. But I think we'd fit right in at Zombie Gras! Just have to watch out for those dancing zombies... ;)

Last night, Cindy got me twice. The first time, she ran up to me as I was entering the scarezone, and was really creepy. I like the way she teases and dances around. She pops up out of nowhere, says something funny and dusturbing,then disappears. Both Cindys were great.

Question for those scareactors from this zone on the board, do you all pretty much know your Icon's backstory? Reason i'm asking if i'm chatting with one of you and I mention something specific if you would know what i'm talking about or even if I call you by your name. (One of the Director's I ran into gave me a really odd look when I called him by his name like he had never heard it before, so just curious for my knowledge)

Question for those scareactors from this zone on the board, do you all pretty much know your Icon's backstory? Reason i'm asking if i'm chatting with one of you and I mention something specific if you would know what i'm talking about or even if I call you by your name. (One of the Director's I ran into gave me a really odd look when I called him by his name like he had never heard it before, so just curious for my knowledge)

I can't speak for everyone, but we all should know our character's back stories.

Got a few nice pics here, with my kitteh! I figure that if I can't get pictures of myself, may as well take some of my stuffed cat.

Here's Cindy not wanting to let the kitty go 67516_1312773998365_1801113404_629539_5334033_n.jpg She made me promise to bring her another lol, I really want to, but I don't know if she's allowed to accept gifts or not :P.

The Caretaker did great in his character...I called him "Mr. Caine" the whole time and he remained silent. I requested him to put my kitty into his scissors, and he obliged. He LOVES those scissors man. 37144_1312774158369_1801113404_629541_3213992_n.jpg

And I got Ms. Strict to get a picture with the kitty as well. 72565_1312773918363_1801113404_629538_7533484_n.jpg I don't know if that was Kim or the other (Marge, I think her name was?) but thank you for letting me get that shot! Thanks to all of you lol.

Also, to the Director on that cast, he blended in with the crowd so good, then BAM right in my face...so fast that I actually pulled my hamstring. I went to health services, and popped some ibuprofen. Pretty bad pain for a bit, but the ibuprofen kicked in, and I was able to walk it off, and now it's completely fine. That may sound like a complaint, but it isn't. That. Was. AWESOME. I've never had such a reaction to a scare before! That just means that you were doing your job great, and I would accept a broken leg for a scare of that caliber!

Note, I think that I may have gotten those pictures on varying casts, but the Director who got me was on the same cast as The Caretaker. I am NOT complaining! Kudos to you for an awesome scare!

Ryan is right, we ARE supposed to know our character's back stories. It's possible you may have gotten a designated back-up person as the director on your night.

That is Margie; remember, she has a square shawl, mine is triangular. Easiest way to tell us apart, now that her blouse matches mine. And, I'm the taller one.

Ohh, I see. Well now that I Have the picture, I know what you don't look like, and next time I come (probably next Wednesday) I'll get you to have a picture with my kitty :P. Of course if that's ok with you lol. I made myself known to Margie by calling her "Ms. Strict," I think that that made her look twice. Hell, even Cindy responds "Hey! You know my name!" When I call out her name.

Yet another great Scarezone. I loved all the past Icons (and Cindy, she's very cute) and I also tottally dig the prescence of Fear. I must say I did have my doubts about how he would end up looking but Uni. pulled him off beautifully...I just wish he had a bigger prescence in the park. He even stopped for a photo...I guess even Gods can't resist the limelight every now and then. :) I'd have to say this is in a tie with Saws N Steam for Best Scarezone.

Ryan is right, we ARE supposed to know our character's back stories. It's possible you may have gotten a designated back-up person as the director on your night.

That is Margie; remember, she has a square shawl, mine is triangular. Easiest way to tell us apart, now that her blouse matches mine. And, I'm the taller one.

Looks like I got the wrong Storyteller too. I was very respectful and said yes Miss Strict and no Miss Strict...she was kind enough

to give me the blade to the throat :)

Can I just give a big shout out to everyone who works in this scarezone. I know from spending a lot of time just wandering and watching in this scarezone you guys have to put up with TONS of well shit to be honest and some of the ruddest people I have ever seen, espically tonight, I was amazed at some of the behavior I witnessed towards the actors. But please know that despite all the wrong names you get called (I loved it when a girl called the Caretaker Jake the Ripper tonight was was upset that good old Jack wasn't paying her any attention) I honestly appreciate the time you guys take to interact with us fans and do your best to scare when your not being hounded. I know its not easy being an Icon but here is someone who appreciates the effort from everyone.

I went on Friday the 22nd and I was absolutley impressed. This scarezone was by far my favorite. Mainly because I'm such a huge Eddie fan. After I walked all of the houses, I just went back and stalked him all night. I think he started to catch on though because he started to follow me around. And then when I was telling Cindy how great it was that she was finally getting some recognition, Eddie came right up beside me and revved his chainsaw. I was quite happy about this scare after the initial shock wore off. I really enjoyed Fear and his minions as well. The interaction between the two was great, even cute sometimes. But of course as the large crowd gathered around him to take pictures and I was up next for mine, Eddie burst through the crowd with his chainsaw and everyone went running (except for me) I think he has it out for me.....

Got a few nice pics here, with my kitteh! I figure that if I can't get pictures of myself, may as well take some of my stuffed cat.

Here's Cindy not wanting to let the kitty go 67516_1312773998365_1801113404_629539_5334033_n.jpg She made me promise to bring her another lol, I really want to, but I don't know if she's allowed to accept gifts or not :P.

Careful, she may hold you to it! I almost always have at least one little stuffed toy from the games. A year or two ago (can't remember which scare zone but over in the Hades entrance area), late on the very last night, one of the scareactors there really liked one of my critters. It was either a little dog or a little pony. She was saying she wanted it and I didn't know if she was playing around or serious so I have it to her and she accepted it. I saved one of the other little critters I had that night, and when I see it, I think of its sibling "living" somewhere with a scareactor.

Kim, we talked to you early on in the event...will have to return now that we know how to tell which one is you by the shawl. That scarezone just gets so wicked crowded! But I love bantering with the icons. Had a great time with Cindy (again) and Chance the other night. Chance sure is fast with that knife!

Just have to say, last night was amazing. Everybody was giving it their all, oh and Fear was a FREAKING BOSS!! Seriously he was the most animated I have ever seen him. Also now that he can actually use his mouth and talk makes him even more awesome.

and hid minions were perfect. Shout out to the 2 who waved and followed me, i recorded you guys on my ipod

I heart this zone and everyone in it. The photos are fun and terrific keepsakes. I think if I can get cast A Cindy then I'll be set on everyone I wanted to get a photo with.

But far beyond that, the in character interaction is unbelievable! I realize it's time for the icons to go bye bye, but the work you've all done has given me great delight and fun memories. And there are always new characters to interpret next year!

Oh, and I also heart the minions very much. I wanna minion!