HHN XX Speculation II

Funny that you mention swirl. Not sure if anybody notice but this symbol was painted on one of the boxes in that scare-zone last year. Speculate away.....

saw-vi-carousel-1-1.jpg

That's from SAW VI...the merry go round thingie with the Dog Pound (the people doing the research to deny insurance customers coverage) on it with the shotgun trap. I think Billy the Puppet had swirls since SAW1 too, but could be wrong.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please the Treaks and Foons pic mean that the foam machine will be back! That's before my time and I REALLY want to experience that :)

If it comes back.. it will only be in a limited capacity... Because a lot of people (OK well I know I did) got to experience face to concrete after experiencing the foam machine :P

scuttlebutt said it was in contamination last year?!?I sure didn't see any foam... or fog for that matter. >.<

Edited by JWFearman

If it comes back.. it will only be in a limited capacity... Because a lot of people (OK well I know I did) got to experience face to concrete after experiencing the foam machine :P

scuttlebutt said it was in contamination last year?!?I sure didn't see any foam... or fog for that matter. >.<

Contamination had less soap suds than my sink doing dishes, but they DID have a little foam coming out of the corners.

And yeah...I'm one of the drunks would would probably fall on his face, but I'm a cool trunk who doesn't F*** with others and would laugh at myself for months if I fell in soap suds!

I rember ages ago a post about to do with tree's and HHN

trees.png

trees.png

its just come to my attention that it isnt tree's its the lantern design disguised as tree's?

what do you think

Jon

kudos for hhnroumors for the pic

Edited by Jnewcombe

hhnguy, while I have to believe that HHN wouldnt be SO SNEAKY as to completely mislead us into believing we're having one event then pulling off another, I have to agree with you on some points. Ever since the LT message "Halloween Horror Nights is not telling you the whole truth" I've wondered how much on the site we can trust and how much of it is a front. :P From what it looks like, a big part of the backstory this year is going to be that we, the audience ;), has been "lied to/mislead." Which makes me wonder if Universal is just laying random stuff out to distract us from the real theme of this year :P

So is it totally possible that HHN is leading us in the opposite direction of where we're going? No, not at all. Is it probable? Maybe. :] After all, on the website they've been showing us so much of things like the Big 3, tons of Screamhouse images, and a hell of a lot of Jack. Maybe it's what theyr NOT showing us that we should be focusing on.....

i take no credit for this but i was on orlandounited.com and someone manage to post some scenes from Diaster House Happy Spec!!!

Disaster scene names

1. waivers and gift shop

2. No mercy

3 carnival midway

4.breakroom

5 holding pen

6.zombiecyles

7 scene soap

8 assulte vehicle

Also did anyone manage to catch this? i found 4 clues that supposly someone that goes by the name Dr Richard W Steerlin that my be involve with L/T Posted some Clues

"It seams my presence has not been noticed. After much searching we are able to release the following"

1) His time of appearance has been long aw..... for some, he may br... your time to and end, y.. will wish you never set your fo..

*His time of appereance has been long awaited for some he may bring your time to an end you will wish you never set your foot in*

2)He should wait for you t.. d... o.., yet he will break your t... l... no where near the end. Prepare for the cold feel of t.. .........

*i couldnt solve this Clue*

3) "BRING THAT UN........ TO ME" ......... And now?

Sound like Bring that Undead to Me

4) Clue number 3 may bring joy to those who will not be attending but to those who are........

Performances run at 2 and 6, the master will make him self known..........

* Sound Like a Show or Maybe something that has to do with the Roles that has been Given out

Edited by HHNFANTIC84

Idk why this reminds me of the Caretaker. *Bring that Unbeliever to me* or Nonbeliever

this may have nothing to do with this but it just reminds me of it.

I think #3 is BRING THAT UNBELIEVER TO ME

isnt that what the Caretaker used to say during the scaremonies during 02??

Beat me to it lol

I'm starting to get a In the Mouth of Madness vibe from all this. Not any kind of adaptation of course, but the general idea of how a book or film could unleash the forces of darkness in an Apocalyptic way when enough people read or watch it. Transcribe that to an event instead of a book or film - by all this speculating, participating in LT, and ultimately attending the event; we bring this New Era of Darkness about! Hmmmmm, could Carey, Ohio be a sort of Hobb's End? Is Sutter Cain a long lost relative of Albert and Cindy?

Its hard to keep track of all the new speculation. Im sure this had been said over the 69 pages of feedback but Im hoping its all reincarnations of past favorites, everything we've come to know and love just with a special twist to keep it fresh.

trees.png

trees.png

its just come to my attention that it isnt tree's its the lantern design disguised as tree's?

what do you think

I whole heartily believe we will see a tree in the spot where the Arrival/Carnival shows were. But I think it will just be a tree and maybe a lantern will be somewhere on the set or the master of ceremonies (Darkness, Eel Mouth...) will be holding it.

A&D seems to be on their A game this year with keeping everything so secretive. I hope it's a reflection of the event to come.

trees.png

trees.png

what do you think

Jon

kudos for hhnroumors for the pic

I read this too!

This webpage has some great insights into how the tree idea might easily be incorporated.

HHN Family Tree

An HHN Family tree... hmmmm... perhaps their reunions are in Carey, Ohio :o

Edited by spookbabe

I whole heartily believe we will see a tree in the spot where the Arrival/Carnival shows were. But I think it will just be a tree and maybe a lantern will be somewhere on the set or the master of ceremonies (Darkness, Eel Mouth...) will be holding it.

A&D seems to be on their A game this year with keeping everything so secretive. I hope it's a reflection of the event to come.

I have to agree with you Mike! I really do love the fact that everything surrounding this year has remained so secretive, it's a nice change from knowing three months ahead of time every single detail of the entire event. There's something about not knowing that makes the anticipation a bit more exciting... :)

Also did anyone manage to catch this? i found 4 clues that supposly someone that goes by the name Dr Richard W Steerlin that my be involve with L/T Posted some Clues

"It seams my presence has not been noticed. After much searching we are able to release the following"

1) His time of appearance has been long aw..... for some, he may br... your time to and end, y.. will wish you never set your fo..

*His time of appereance has been long awaited for some he may bring your time to an end you will wish you never set your foot in*

2)He should wait for you t.. d... o.., yet he will break your t... l... no where near the end. Prepare for the cold feel of t.. .........

*i couldnt solve this Clue*

4) Clue number 3 may bring joy to those who will not be attending but to those who are........

Performances run at 2 and 6, the master will make him self known..........

* Sound Like a Show or Maybe something that has to do with the Roles that has been Given out

Source for these clues?

First of all the guys name is Dr. Richard W. Steerington. Not Dr.RichardW.Steerlin[sic] like the Orlando United Page profile says. I don't know if it is because Orlando United doesn't allow for that long a name. Perhaps it doesn't

Second, The post above is full of grammatical and spelling errors. If this is a cut-and-paste, I would HOPE the C.E.O. of the LT would be able to spell and form proper sentences.

Thirdly why would he make his presence know there rather than the already used format of FB. I'm sorry I think this is someone trying to get attention.

Edited by JWFearman

I'm starting to get a In the Mouth of Madness vibe from all this. Not any kind of adaptation of course, but the general idea of how a book or film could unleash the forces of darkness in an Apocalyptic way when enough people read or watch it. Transcribe that to an event instead of a book or film - by all this speculating, participating in LT, and ultimately attending the event; we bring this New Era of Darkness about! Hmmmmm, could Carey, Ohio be a sort of Hobb's End? Is Sutter Cain a long lost relative of Albert and Cindy?

Yes! WE are doing it. Our attention, speculation, anticipation...it'sall feeding the lantern, which is itself a powerful magical object. The HHN team has already been possessed by the dark forces controlling the lantern, to the point that they are trying to mislead us about what will be happening at HHN XX. And when the lantern is sufficiently charged with our psychic energy it will open up a gateway and Hell will literally come to Earth, and it's denizens will feast upon all of our souls, use our bones for their weapons, wear our skins as clothing, our children as hats, and just generally be mean and awful and stinking of brimstone.

Mark my words. This isn't just the end of an era for HHN. It's the end of EVERYTHING.

At least, that's how I see it... ;)

Edited by Bsquare

I think I might have an idea about Sprung Tent 2 (Shadow Creek)

According to Lizette from Destination Theme Park, D.O.W. is a military term meaning 'Died Of Wounds'

I was wondering what could cause a person to die of being dead from wounding when it hit me. Only one type of monster could do something like that: Zombies

It fits the possible theme of a military experiment gone wrong

According to Lizette from Destination Theme Park, D.O.W. is a military term meaning 'Died Of Wounds'

I was wondering what could cause a person to die of being dead from wounding when it hit me. Only one type of monster could do something like that: Zombies

D.O.W. in this case does not stand for Died of Wounds

Also, Im not sure if this has been mentioned but there is a very popular Irish tale involving a Lantern. I can't believe I didn't think of it till some one mentioned Jack O' Lantern on the LT fb page. Here is what was posted on Facebook:

Well there is of course the tale of Jack of the Lantern which is where the tradition of Jack o' Lanterns come from. It's an old Irish tale about a man named Stingy Jack who loved to play tricks on people.

One day while tending crops in his field, for jack was a turnip farmer you see, Jack found the Devil in his field sitting beneath a tree. Jack never wanting to pass up the chance for a prank said to the Devil, " I am so hungry from tending my crops. If you devil would be so kind as to fetch me a piece of fruit from that tree I would be forever grateful and in return offer you my sole."

The Devil never wanting to miss out on a sole immediate obliged but as soon as he was up in that tree Stingy Jack carved the mark of the Cross in the trunk trapping the Devil in the tree. You see, the Devil could not step hoof on Hallowed Ground. The Devil cursed at Stingy Jack and pleaded that he remove the symbol so that he could escape into the night. Stingy Jack laughed at the Devil and said, "I will let you down as long as you swear to me you will never take my soul!" The devil of course obliged and Jack removed the mark of the cross from the tree allowing the Devil to escape from Jack's field.

Not to long after that Stingy Jack passed away. Having been such a nasty Trickster the gates of Heaven where shut to Jack and he was sent to the Fiery Depths of Hell. The Devil gave one look at Jack and said on to him "I have not forgotten the deal we have made and as forth I cannot take your soul. You are forever cursed to walk the earth from this day forth even if your soul be damed."

Jack turned away from the Devil and began to venture out of Hell back to the Earth but darkness surrounded him. For the first time Jack was scared of the night and the Darkness it brought. He turned back to the Devil and fell upon his knees to beg for forgiveness. He asked the devil for a show of compassion. The Devil responded, "I can offer you no more than this." and he took a burning ember from the Fire of Hades and gave it to Jack. He then sent Jack away into the night to forever walk the Earth. Jack took a turnip from his pocket and carved a hole to place the ember in and used this Turnip as a lantern to light the way.

It is said on the darkest of nights you can see Jack walking the Earth with his Lantern by his side. Because of this he soon became known as Jack of the Lantern. Shorten over time to become Jack O' Lantern. It is said in-order to prevent Jack from knocking on your door asking for refuge from the night you must carve your own lantern and place it outside of your door. The Irish of course had a large supply of potatoes and turnips so these became the first Lanterns. When they came to America they found that Pumpkins made an excellent medium for carving lanterns and our tradition of carving pumpkins into Jack O' Lanterns was born.

Very true, but you have to go back further than that. I know for a stone cold fact that A&D was conceiving HHN 20 all the way back during HHN 18. My honest opinion? I think this year is more of a direct continuation of HHN 18, and the creative team would rather we just sort of...forgot about last year. A feeling I have.

So when did we first begin talking about what we wanted to do for the 2009 Halloween Horror Nights?,” Michael said. “That would probably have been the Summer of 2008. With that year’s event, we were going to be finishing up a three year arc of stories that started with our Sweet 16 event, continued with Carnival of Carnage and then finished up with our Blood Mary / Urban Legends event. And given that we had Halloween Horror Night’s 20th anniversary coming up, we knew that we wanted to build to something really big.

This was from Jim Hill media site, Build to something really big, Sounds like they were planning the big 20th with HHN19 , I just can.t get

the big picture in this years event as tying into HHN19, just the one scarezone from last year is a little vauge as to what they have planned.

And keeping details and info tight says to me that this year is going to be very big. I guess we will know shortly.

You also have to remember that a large portion of this years event was thrown out after certain members left the team and the event was rethought and planned in a new and completely original way. Things where thought of and done very differently this year in terms of planning.

Although I do not know for a fact what DOW actually stands for, I have a couple of guesses based on two theoretical models on what this house will entail. If the house is about a Mutually Assured Destruction experimental biological warfare resource going out of control then I suggest Doomsday Omega Weapon.

However if the military experiment involved a trans-dimensional portal that opened into a rather unpleasant place, then I suggest Demons Of War.

I just had the craziest idea! What if the Shadow Creek house is an unofficial prequel to Beneath the Planet of the Apes? You know, before the apes when humans began to mutate and build and worship the BOMB?

This BOMB:

beneathapes.png

please note the alpha omega insignia on the tail fin

In fact is that what DOW stands for? Disciples Of Weapon? After all the BOMB worshiping mutants looked like this:

beneaththewtf_io9.flv-757678.jpg

please note the baldness

NOT a movie house, but an homage to a popular movie series. Just my crazy idea for this morning.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy