HHN XX Speculation II

A Three Stooges House.....WIN!

Yes I agree while I love to see a "Scream" house. It isn't going to happen.

My thoughts is maybe all the houses have a bigger connection. Maybe its based on a town. The Disaster house being multiple places....Jaws being a "School" Tent-1 being a Museum, /Tent-2 being a Bunker/Military. Something is adding up....hmmm

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goin back to he whole "Scream" thing for a secod, didnt we already say that there wasn't going to be a Scream house this year, not just because of the "no movie" thing but because the people who OWN the rights to Scream are owned by Disney? lol sorry---I just re-read the last few posts and wanted to double check we'd covered that xD

and I'm starting to see how the whole town could be the basis of HHN this year. I, too, am thinking Carey, Ohio. I mean...we've seen it the past two years....it's gotta wiggle its way into the festivities somehow xD

and the lantern holds all the souls

kinda makes sense ,the new scare zone was red and had past icons

I totally forgot about that scare zone! Yeah it was in that small alley and with red lights and fog, very similar to a lantern.

yes the sz last year is like one giant lantern or hell its self and the lantern is a protal or gateway to hell they lit the lantern and opend the gates to hell and since the portal is open new terrors and some from the past are bursting out they cant stop it nobody can

Edited by HHNChef

Yup. Suggested the red hue significance last year and its relation to hell, souls and the lantern a couple months back. Glad to finally get some supporters to this after recent events. Even mentioned the photos after clicking the lantern may mean LT is investigating. The next day, LT was back.

One idea that I really liked, that someone else mentioned, was all of us essentially being "the icon" this year as LT members investigating HHN. That would be genius.

The scarezone last year was a last min thrown together idea with very little planning. The red lights were just for creepiness, a way to light up the area without making it bright. The only colors to really make it creepy would be red or green, and green just wouldnt fit (especially since it was being used in Containment)

The scarezone last year was a last min thrown together idea with very little planning. The red lights were just for creepiness, a way to light up the area without making it bright. The only colors to really make it creepy would be red or green, and green just wouldnt fit (especially since it was being used in Containment)

You don't know if it was last minute... Seems to me that since many of us were told last year that HHN 20 was in the making while HHN 19 was going on. They definitely meant to tie the two events together. Yeah, yeah, maybe they weren't tying it specifically to how they did the site this year, but it definitely fit the theme. And I feel they did mean to do that. Whether the lights were red or not, I think they knew where they were going.

Edited by SQUAREDsaw1

You don't know if it was last minute... Seems to me that since many of us were told last year that HHN 20 was in the making while HHN 19 was going on. They definitely meant to tie the two events together. Yeah, yeah, maybe they weren't tying it specifically to how they did the site this year, but it definitely fit the theme. And I feel they did mean to do that. Whether the lights were red or not, I think they knew where they were going.

Very true, but you have to go back further than that. I know for a stone cold fact that A&D was conceiving HHN 20 all the way back during HHN 18. My honest opinion? I think this year is more of a direct continuation of HHN 18, and the creative team would rather we just sort of...forgot about last year. A feeling I have.

Very true, but you have to go back further than that. I know for a stone cold fact that A&D was conceiving HHN 20 all the way back during HHN 18. My honest opinion? I think this year is more of a direct continuation of HHN 18, and the creative team would rather we just sort of...forgot about last year. A feeling I have.

Greater truth has never been spoken. Bruce hit that nail hard on the head.

I completely agree. Last year was amazing, but seemed to be a VERY generic theme. So I don't doubt that it will be some sort of continuation of HHN 18. I had no clue they were working on HHN 20 that far back. But I do think you may be right. I don't think that they want us to forget last year, obviously. So they would have to tie into the other houses of last year. Specifically, "Leave it to Cleaver". That was specifically about a town (Carey, Ohio) and the crazy people living/working there. So they obviously had the idea to continue the theme of Carey, Ohio.

But why?......

Yeahh guys this event has been in the works for quite some time now :] That SZ, as random as it seemed, was probably the farthest thing from thrown together at the last minute. A few weeks ago, as a matter of fact, someone suggested the red lights in the SZ signified the characters being in hell. A lot of us (myself included) thought perhaps it was the lantern and we, the innocent guests of HHN :P, wandered through it and saw a glimpse of what was to come.

And I agree WHOLE. HEARTEDLY. in regards to HHN most likely forgetting last year xD I mean...can't blame them though. What with the incredible year they pulled off in 08 and the obvious epicness this year has to hold for us, they had to do somehting in the mean time. A movie themed year seems like a hell of a filler, don't you think? And hey, maybe they DID throw in a few crutial elements in 09. Like it was said, Carey Ohio was meantioned last year (ex. Leave it to Cleaver). I personally think that "sweet little nowhere town" is going to be playing a huge role this year :]

Our job now is to just figure out how.in the world this is all going to tie together....we have just a few weeks left, kiddies. Just a few weeks left until we know everything....ugh the wait may kill me ;D

Funny that you mention swirl. Not sure if anybody notice but this symbol was painted on one of the boxes in that scare-zone last year. Speculate away.....

saw-vi-carousel-1-1.jpg

Well..that picture is from a Saw movie poster. The swirls are also on the side of Billy the puppets cheeks.

As far as why would a swirl be on something...I find it nothing more then a swirl being on something to distract you.

Edited by AeonsAgo

The continuation of a solid storyline is so...X-Files. There are the separate, stand-alone episodes and then there the "mythology" episodes; the ones that tie together to form a complete tale. Replace 'episodes' with 'events' and the concept fits well.

I love it!

Mae

Oh, and Bsquare:

And as an aside to Ms. Himmel: I will be happy to assist your organization, provided, of course, you are able to meet my special consultation fee. Old time mountain homilies and ass jokes don't come cheap, you know.

Yet another reason why <3 you!

Edited by Mae

So when did we first begin talking about what we wanted to do for the 2009 Halloween Horror Nights?,” Michael said. “That would probably have been the Summer of 2008. With that year’s event, we were going to be finishing up a three year arc of stories that started with our Sweet 16 event, continued with Carnival of Carnage and then finished up with our Blood Mary / Urban Legends event. And given that we had Halloween Horror Night’s 20th anniversary coming up, we knew that we wanted to build to something really big.

This was from Jim Hill media site, Build to something really big, Sounds like they were planning the big 20th with HHN19 , I just can.t get

the big picture in this years event as tying into HHN19, just the one scarezone from last year is a little vauge as to what they have planned.

And keeping details and info tight says to me that this year is going to be very big. I guess we will know shortly.

So when did we first begin talking about what we wanted to do for the 2009 Halloween Horror Nights?,” Michael said. “That would probably have been the Summer of 2008. With that year’s event, we were going to be finishing up a three year arc of stories that started with our Sweet 16 event, continued with Carnival of Carnage and then finished up with our Blood Mary / Urban Legends event. And given that we had Halloween Horror Night’s 20th anniversary coming up, we knew that we wanted to build to something really big.

This was from Jim Hill media site, Build to something really big, Sounds like they were planning the big 20th with HHN19 , I just can.t get

the big picture in this years event as tying into HHN19, just the one scarezone from last year is a little vauge as to what they have planned.

And keeping details and info tight says to me that this year is going to be very big. I guess we will know shortly.

Like I said before... Maybe the tie-in is coming from the small nuances around the park last year (obviously carried over from HHN 18, to keep consistency). LITC was set in Carey, Ohio and the bus in Apocalypse was from there too. Universal usually does a good job to change stuff that doesn't fit a theme. And this must have been intentional. Little things will keep the fans connected. But guests will have no idea of a tie-in and will most likely have no idea anyone was trying to bring it all together. Mainly the people in LT (which I am not a part of, I work the event) will see the connections as alot of you discovered hidden clues back in HHN 18 that you couldn't place... Go look back at all of that stuff and tell us whether the connections come from there or not. That seems like the best idea as it all seems to have been talked about in LT before. I would check but I have no idea how LT works.

But yes... This year will be big. Not only for fans, but for the scare-actors themselves. I am so excited to be part of the event this year. This will be my 5th year working the event and my 7th year attending. I really look forward to this time of year as my Halloween season starts in the last week of September. But I can't wait... Only 1 month till rehearsals start!!

Like I said before... Maybe the tie-in is coming from the small nuances around the park last year (obviously carried over from HHN 18, to keep consistency). LITC was set in Carey, Ohio and the bus in Apocalypse was from there too. Universal usually does a good job to change stuff that doesn't fit a theme. And this must have been intentional. Little things will keep the fans connected.

With that thinking, then that must mean Jurassic Park must play a role in this years event, because they didnt take the time to cover the symbol on the side of the upside down jeep in Apocalypse. We would joke about that.

And the scarezone was thrown together last min last year, I have been told that from very reliable sources, and as firecrew last year we heard a lot of other stuff most other scareacters dont hear, because we are exposed to all the houses and scarezones. One bit of proof the scarezone was last min was that the 2 Cindy dresses didnt even match. They didnt have the time or enough of a specific fabric to make the two match so they just did what they could with such short notice. Red light just meant scary and dimly lit to mean, if you think hell...hey this is speculation we all have a right to our opinion, I just think that is reading too far into things

And as far as 2009 goes, didnt someone in A&D (Maybe Roddy?) mention that Julian Browning was conceived 3 years ago and they were just waiting for the right time to use him? Im not saying the whole event was planned 3 years ago, just the concept. I could be wrong, just thought I remembered reading that somewhere.

Also did anyone see the ad for universalorlandjobs.com in the Sentinel today? It has a picture of the lantern completely engulfed in flames, and it has the "icon flames" poking out too.

EDIT: This wasnt meant to be an attack on anyone, I do agree to a point...I mean it was cool to have LTC be from Carey and even have Dr. Agana's head in the house because her body was never found. So yes I do believe there are some ties.

Edited by Shotguy06