HHN XX Construction Updates

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I NEW ESQUELETO MUERTE WOULD LOOK AMAZING! they did a really good job with saws n steam it looks like a real steampunk enviroment! now about the others such as hhn twenty years of fear i know in that area it has the things from 2008's asylum in wonderland. the coven,zombie gras,and fear revealed??????

Edited by hhnFEARfan

Yes... back to construction...

I remember in the conference call recaps that someone mentioned "open flames" in either a house or street. Which one was it? And do you think they will be using open flames in Hallow'd Past? Since it is supposed to be "the lantern" or something like it.

I guessing we will see open flames in either Twenty Years of Fear, Hades, or The Orfanage. And like in 08 how broken mirrors made a cameo appearance in every zone, I feel it will be the same thing this year, but with flames. Whether it be fireballs above the buildings on Hollywood Blvd. or the drawings of flames on the base of all the wooden poles in Esqueleto.

I guessing we will see open flames in either Twenty Years of Fear, Hades, or The Orfanage. And like in 08 how broken mirrors made a cameo appearance in every zone, I feel it will be the same thing this year, but with flames. Whether it be fireballs above the buildings on Hollywood Blvd. or the drawings of flames on the base of all the wooden poles in Esqueleto.

I highly doubt Orfanage would have open flames, considering its inside a very small, very enclosed wood building. I could see it in a soundstage, where fire could be within safety codes.

Am I the only one hoping fire returns to the New York area? Steam, fire, steampunk..ya know?

51031323.jpg

Gotta be honest with you, I see this being a major problem. Maybe I am wrong, but on peak nights, you will have tons of people that will want to walk through the coffin out of there own stupidity and then you well have a traffic jam. Just my two cents. However, ESQUELETO MUERTE looks amazing and so does my scarezone, Saw n' Steams. Like with many of you, I am just excited to see what we will be wearing to go along with the setting. Can't wait for rehearsals next week and some more construction pics.

Edited by fireman617

Gotta be honest with you, I see this being a major problem. Maybe I am wrong, but on peak nights, you will have tons of people that will want to walk through the coffin out of there own stupidity and then you well have a traffic jam. Just my two cents. However, ESQUELETO MUERTE looks amazing and so does my scarezone, Saw n' Steams. Like with many of you, I am just excited to see what we will be wearing to go along with the setting. Can't wait for rehearsals next week and some more construction pics.

Dont ya think as long as the SA stays in his area, it shouldnt be too much of a problem. I see this working that he/she will jump through the coffin at someone then once done turn right around and jump through the coffin again but scare someone on the other side? Then again i am a rookie SA so i dont know too much, just a thought.

I will say thanks Calvary, that shot gets me super excited for Shadow Creek, it looks to be moving along great! Also this is a legal picture which is always good haha :P

Dont ya think as long as the SA stays in his area, it shouldnt be too much of a problem. I see this working that he/she will jump through the coffin at someone then once done turn right around and jump through the coffin again but scare someone on the other side? Then again i am a rookie SA so i dont know too much, just a thought.

Are you talking about having the SA staying in the coffin, going back and forth through it to get scares? As much I as would to see that, I don't see that happening for the reason that it is almost a trap hazard. Who knows, you can't predict how people will act, especially when the have had some drinks or are trying to impress their friends.

I'm more on the "Why in the world would someone walk through the coffin? Who knows what's hiding on the other side!"

That's the thing though, as a SA, you find yourself asking all the time why someone would do something, but sure enough, they will.

EDIT: Didn't mean to get off topic, just thinking about SA safety. :D

Edited by fireman617

yeah I thought about this, but, is that for scareactors or can people walk through? I don't think is going to make a traffic jam, since is in the side, is not as noticeable,

I think some people would want to go in it, but others will just keep walking

It looks like the scarezones (or at least Esquela Muerte and Saws 'n Stram) will be considerably larger this year.... good thing too, 'cause it seemed to me like they weren't making the best use of their space these past few years, especially the New York Streets areas. It's been a shame to see them use such a small portion of New York Streets, especially considering how massive Deadtropolis was in 2006... Saws 'n Steam looks pretty epic so far.

That picture looks cool! I agree, I think this is the perfect place for a SZ. I am glad to see that they are using Sting Alley again and can't wait to see how it turns out as a SZ this year.

IMO, Sting Alley is *the* best spot in the park for a scarezone. I just hope it doesn't get as crowded as Shadows of the Past did.

IMO, Sting Alley is *the* best spot in the park for a scarezone. I just hope it doesn't get as crowded as Shadows of the Past did.

I think with Sting Alley not being the only part of the SZ like Shadows of the Past was, it should be a lot less crowded. I know that squeamish people tend to not want to walk through there if they know it is a SZ because they know how many little hiding places there are. I know that scareactors like being cast in there for that very reason.

I don't think it will. If you take a whole bunch of icons and cram them into Sting Alley, then of course it's going to be packed. Hopefully Saws n Steam will have enough area outside of sting alley to keep it from getting too crowded in there.

But yes, I agree 100% that Sting Alley is the best place in the park for a scarezone. I can't wait to go through it.

I've also gotta say, I'm getting the feeling that S'nS will be the "heckler" zone this year... y'know, due to the centerpiece platform and all. Assuming he's returning this year, I have a hunch that we might see the "Raptor man" cast there. Who's that, you ask? That's my nickname for the scaractor who played the Caterpillar in 2008 and one of the Vampaneze in 2009, due to his distinctive "raptor screech".