HHN XX Construction Updates

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I finally just pulled it up on Google Earth and oriented the walkway and fence to which tent is which.

I'll shut up now. :unsure:

I think it's confusing because the concept art is for the inside right wall of the facade and not a straight-on view. You can see the ramp leading up to the house at the bottom of the drawing which makes it a little clearer.

Destination: Theme Park said that cast was for that facade because they assumed it was Tent 2. The shape of that facade doesn't fit the Shadow Creek concept art though.

I always felt the facade looked more like a temple/pyramid entrance than a military facility anyway. The only time I've seen military facilities that resemble that shape the would be embedded into mountains, but even then they wouldn't have their name plastered on the walls.

Check out this image of a catacomb entrance:

2273311-lg.jpg

If they covered the black of the facade with dirt, rocks and grass, you would create an instant Catacomb entrance. The concept art for Shadow Creek just doesn't match it.

Those pictures that were taken backstage were clearly of Sprung Tent 2 and not only could one tell just by looking at the photos, but whoever took the shots also stated that fact.

Apparently you missed the photos of an abandoned military bunker in Cape May that I posted at the time? If so here's another one:

697067053_f9233d8460.jpg

Those pictures that were taken backstage were clearly of Sprung Tent 2 and not only could one tell just by looking at the photos, but whoever took the shots also stated that fact.

Apparently you missed the photos of an abandoned military bunker in Cape May that I posted at the time? If so here's another one:

697067053_f9233d8460.jpg

To be honest, I saw the image, but was so sure it was mislabeled and that it was actually the Tent 1 facade I chalked it up to pure speculation. That was when all anyone had to go one for Tent 1 was "Mummified Corpse" and "Doctor" so everyone seemed to be assuming it was another Mummies house in a pyramid or temple. Throw in the fact that the bunker image you have looks nothing like the bunkers I've seen in my experience I considered it too random of a find to be used as the source image.

I'll admit, once the word "Military" started floating around my ears perked up. The facade being built flat out wasn't what I was anticipating. The fact that the concept art is for an interior ramp makes more sense (although the branding is still a little odd to me).

We'll have to wait and see how the blacklights work in a SZ. If they illuminate all of the costumes and props I think this zone will be really cool.....

On the Terror Tram in Hollywood, they had a big army tank with skeletons on it with a LOT of blacklights shining on it. It could definitely work.

I'm just surprised they're putting up voodoo looking skeletons up now with RTU coming up in a couple weeks. Don't get me wrong, I cold care less, but I thought they had a little controversy a few years back with some of the more fanatical RTU attendees.

I'm just surprised they're putting up voodoo looking skeletons up now with RTU coming up in a couple weeks. Don't get me wrong, I cold care less, but I thought they had a little controversy a few years back with some of the more fanatical RTU attendees.

I thought about that too but I don't know what it was that was found so offensive when that all went down. I don't think this is too bad but you're right, the more fanatical could definitely take issue.

I would be suprised (and hopefully A&D will do this), that they string black light bulbs from those wooden posts/poles. I would take on a rather Mexican approach. But I just hope they don't use the long black light rod/tube things.

outdoor-string-lights-300.jpg

About RTU prop controversy, what exact set-up had to be taken down?

Edited by The Director of Horror

You have a bad apple in every bunch... While I've never been to RTU I usually go to Night of Joy (because I don't have annual passes to WDW :P) Although I would LIKE to go to RTU (Toby Mac will be there) just can't afford both.

Anyways,

I don't know how many people would care. I wouldn't. But I can see why, when I'm going to a Christian event I wouldn't want to see voodoo stuff.

But, if had to guess, they will probably cover them up for the two nights. I like the Universal is respectful to all their guests desires.

Edited by JWFearman

I would be suprised (and hopefully A&D will do this), that they string black light bulbs from those wooden posts/poles. I would take on a rather Mexican approach. But I just hope they don't use the long black light rod/tube things.

outdoor-string-lights-300.jpg

About RTU prop controversy, what exact set-up had to be taken down?

Yeah I really Really Hope they do this, you're right it would look amazing if they did this with lighting but black lights mmmm...... It would look so nice

bhmw3t.jpg

Wow those are up, Looks great :)

Eh, Containment wasn't always bad.. They were off & on; Usually more off than on, but if you went through at the right moment, there were scares left & right... I personally didn't care for PotW; The actors did great, but the concept didn't strike me. I'm a little bit of an Oz fan thou(no homo), maybe thats why I couldn't find the concept frighting.. Slightly entertaining thou & very active zone.