HHN XX Construction Updates

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I post my pictures I would like to remind everyone that ALL my pictures are from a guest stand point.

Disaster had a lot of activity as you'll see in a pictures. there is some pretty interesting stuff there.

jv2eqa.jpg

98dhms.jpg

2j62x4o.jpg

29e1651.jpg

1ekk6h.jpg

Then we have the tents and this is where things get really interesting. this structure is huge and looks like the facade not a hallway mentioned before.

2zz3s60.jpg

zjxtp4.jpg

there wasn't anything new at Jaws really, the walls I took a picture of before are painted I believe but I'm not taking any pictures there and posting them do to being a accused of trespassing.

What if it's not a fence, what if it's a ragged walkway? Just trying to look at it from a different perspective?

What if it's not a fence, what if it's a ragged walkway? Just trying to look at it from a different perspective?

Neat idea... but it would be to risky... people are sue happy. Sometimes I wish they could do more. Water filled houses, tight spaces, etc.. but the American culture is to find a hazard (really just common sense) and exploit it.

stupid ????

the last pic above the van there are beams that go across from wall to wall is that in every house ??? i never noticed it before i thought maybe they would put some sort of ceiling in there give it the closed in feel. and also it dos not look to be a fence possibly they were just laying them out after paint. i do not see them nailed or fastened anywhere but then again who knows with this house

No house has a ceiling due to fire hazards I think. You never really notice it though.

also, I know it's unlikely, but if the wood things had plexy glass over it you could walk on it.. Lighting it from below would be sick.

No house has a ceiling due to fire hazards I think. You never really notice it though.

also, I know it's unlikely, but if the wood things had plexy glass over it you could walk on it.. Lighting it from below would be sick.

Hmm, I think some of the houses have had ceilings in places, but typically it's slotted if it is there (for lights and sounds and such).

Hmm, I think some of the houses have had ceilings in places, but typically it's slotted if it is there (for lights and sounds and such).

I guess I never really cared to look up... I just remembered that people thought it killed the upside-down effect in Interstellar Terror.

Some parts of the houses do have a ceiling, for effect. As for the scareators that are above, like in Wolfman last year, Or the Barrel Jason in F13th, they do have walkways built that are designed to be used as such.

IMG_6240-01.JPG

I was at Universal this past weekend and not much has changed with regards to visable construction. The only addition to the picture above, which I posted last week, is that the two doorways actually have two afixed doors now. Both doors open outward (maybe inward too, but they were facing out) and they were painted a solid color - I think one was dark blue and the other was dark green. Isn't it odd to have to doors here? Could we be walking out of the house and then back in? Or are these just used by scareactors? In either case, wouldn't they have to build another wall around this area to block the light and backstage areas when being viewed from inside the house?

The planks were not there when I was there, but I don't think it is a fence as is. As someone else pointed out, the planks don't seem to be attached to the cross beams and they were probably just drying after a paint job. Other than that, I have no idea what they are planning to do with them. Also, the interior of the garage is looking nice. I didn't take any pictures because they wouldn't have been much different than Cavalry's pictures. I'll check again this weekend.

-- Voorhees

Some of these exterior sections may just be scareactor and crew entrances. If you look at any of the house blueprints, you'll see hallways, rooms, and doors that aren't part of the actual maze.

Does anyone remember the extensive speculation we had on a doorknob in Cleaver last year, as to whether the door was usable or not? It made me remember just how obsessed some of us are with construction, etc.

I remember that conversation...LOL But as they say, the devil is in the details...and no one can say we aren't a detail oriented bunch of folks! ;)

As for the disaster house... "I'll be home for Christmas. You can count on me."

Happy Wednesday.

As much as I would love to see Home for the Holidays return, (I even listed as one of the houses I would like to return in XX on that board/topic/whatever), I don't see it happening. Diaster has a reputation for being one very hot houses, and Home for the Holidays is set during Winter. Also, I'm guessing they still have the Scarepy van, so why buy a new one?

The Christmas holidays again? Interesting theory, its completely off the mark and has already been done, but an interesting theory none the less.

That was the first thing where I was thinking about when I saw the van, but I don't think it could be true

As for the disaster house... "I'll be home for Christmas. You can count on me."

Happy Wednesday.

OMG! IT'S A PERRY COMO HOUSE!!! RUN! RUN! RUN!

Seriously, don't sing that song. If it winds up being the soundtrack for the house, I may cry.

Mae