HHN XX Construction Updates

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the pictures so far. Also, it's nice seeing so many familiar faces here, feels like home already.

I might be making a trip to Uni this weekend and if so, I'll make sure to shoot anything that catches my eye.

~Chris

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing I thought of when I saw this is that in the 70's this would have been a perfect make-out van. Ever see Corvette Summer? Annie Potts' character was a prostitute that worked out of her own van! :lol:

885.jpg

I'm trying to remember vans in horror movies, just in case. ;)

Mae

Texas Chainsaw Massacre.....

How about we kinda stop thinking each house will be a past house. Maybe we will get lucky and have one, two tops, houses from yrs past.

exactly, instead of speculating on what they could be bringing back, how about what they could be creating new. the likely hood of having a return house isn't really that big this year, so even if there is something similar, it will be all new.

How about we kinda stop thinking each house will be a past house. Maybe we will get lucky and have one, two tops, houses from yrs past.

I agree.

Also, everyone needs to stop trying to figure out what movie the van could be from. Or what movie house it could be. If my memory serves me correctly, and it does, then we were told that there won't be any movie houses.

Edited by Matt

I really hope that is a 70s van. What if we went through a 70s house where a family was murdered like manson family or something.

pretty interesting, im imagining with this, a very trippy psychedelic theme that puts you in some sort of dazed state, due to colors, smells, lights, and just anything visually out there. though, i doubt it much, it does seem like a fun idea to play with.

Edited by mrbungle5223

the more i think about it, if i didn't know any better i would say this is a "the hills have eyes" house

why? what makes you say this at all. if you've read, this year isn't based off of movies. none of the houses are movie based.

3 days ago i looked inside and i saw a table with a saw cutting on the wood so I believe its just burnt wood and nothing else house/theme related.

It could be, I know from experience that when you cut certain types of wood with a Table Saw it can leave burn marks on the wood.

pretty interesting, im imagining with this, a very trippy psychedelic theme that puts you in some sort of dazed state, due to colors, smells, lights, and just anything visually out there. though, i doubt it much, it does seem like a fun idea to play with.

A psychedelic 70's van? Such a Machine would indeed be a Mystery. Zoinks!

This thread has been cleaned. We moved some posts to appropriate areas/threads.

Please keep this thread for posting of construction pictures and street setup only. House and Scare Zone speculation should be posted in the HHN 20 Speculation thread. We will allow some speculation about props, rooms, etc. If it gets to be too much, some posts will be moved to the Speculation thread for discussion.

SO I got sick of hearing about this burnt wood and got a picture of it.

34hjonm.jpg

this was the only good shot I got, I'll take a nice side shot(of disaster which form the looks of it is pretty long) when I have my camera and not the crappy one I took this with.

Edited by Cavalry

It could be, I know from experience that when you cut certain types of wood with a Table Saw it can leave burn marks on the wood.

You're right, and I work on a table saw daily.... but the pictures posted below (which I'm assuming you haven't see yet) look like they took a lot more heat than that from a normal table saw... but I could be mistaken?

You're right, and I work on a table saw daily.... but the pictures posted below (which I'm assuming you haven't see yet) look like they took a lot more heat than that from a normal table saw... but I could be mistaken?

There was a table saw to the right of the picture, but I really don't think thoughs are from a table saw.

There was a table saw to the right of the picture, but I really don't think thoughs are from a table saw.

lol no that is intentional... It amazes me that people will deny that burnt wood can be used in a house :P

Nice shot man!

Edited by JWFearman

I would think that it is a type of prop/theming. Building codes

are very strict and that burnt pc. of wood would not pass being

used as structurally sound. maybe another people under the stairs house(with matches?)

Edited by traveller

I think it's just an effect, and not really burnt wood.

And if it was, then any pieces of actual burnt wood would not be part of the structure itself.

Exactly. They would never use burnt wood as support structure. It may be a prop though. Or who knows, maybe they just had a fire while cutting the structure lumber and didn't throw it away yet.