HHN XX Jobs & Auditions

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if Icons were needed they would try to use the people who originally played the icons first.

I didn't know they ever auditioned for the icons? I thought they always used actors internally for videos, pr, and what not.

I didn't know they ever auditioned for the icons? I thought they always used actors internally for videos, pr, and what not.

Well they do auditions for actors for Horror Nights. Last year there was the person in Containment on the truck, he was an actor, and also the man outside of Cirque Du Freak who spoke, was also an actor.

Same goes for two years ago with the Wicked Witch and the Caterpillar.

As a matter of fact auditions for a similar type role (Actor A's for HHN) is being held soon.

7/24 - Actors; 12 pm

7/25 - Actors; 12 pm

Universal Orlando® is seeking actors for Halloween Horror Nights XX. Please prepare a one minute monologue. Improv skills may be required for certain roles. All candidates must be available for evening rehearsals starting in mid September and every evening of the event: 9/24, 9/25, 9/30, 10/1, 10/2, 10/3, 10/7, 10/8, 10/9, 10/10, 10/14, 10/15, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/21, 10/22, 10/23, 10/24, 10/27, 10/28, 10/29, 10/30, 10/31

http://www.universalauditions.com/ORLANDO/schedule.asp

I wouldn't rule out that a potential actor for an icon could be selected from this audition.

Pure speculation on my part though.

What I said before still stands though. If old icons were to be brought back, Universal would try to rehire the actor who originally played the icon first.

Isn't that audition for B&T? As far as icons go, for houses/scarezones, they cast from the regular audition group, because I know a couple of people who were in Shadows of the Past last year. For the actual actors, like in ads and commercials, they usually come from Universal's large roster of actors. Most of us know who played The Caretaker and the Usher, and they have both worked for Universal for many years in various acting roles.

Isn't that audition for B&T? As far as icons go, for houses/scarezones, they cast from the regular audition group, because I know a couple of people who were in Shadows of the Past last year. For the actual actors, like in ads and commercials, they usually come from Universal's large roster of actors. Most of us know who played The Caretaker and the Usher, and they have both worked for Universal for many years in various acting roles.

It is actually a seperate audition, there is one for B&T and one just for actors for HHN 20, ive never seen it before i guess i just overlooked it in years past.

As far as icons go, for houses/scarezones, they cast from the regular audition group, because I know a couple of people who were in Shadows of the Past last year.

Well yes for house/scarezone icons they are regular actor C's... I was in Shadows of the past :D . What I was referring to is if there were to be any type of show, or a prominent icon a la the jack photo-op that existed at HHN17, those could be chosen from this other audition that I posted about.

Well yes for house/scarezone icons they are regular actor C's... I was in Shadows of the past :D . What I was referring to is if there were to be any type of show, or a prominent icon a la the jack photo-op that existed at HHN17, those could be chosen from this other audition that I posted about.

TJ is 100% correct. When people come to auditions (reunion and standard), some are given the opportunity to come back and do the actor auditions. Not specifically for Bill and Ted, but for a different role that the casting directors may have in mind for you.

Greetings all, I'm new around here :D

My question is, if I am already hired as a HHN XX performer...does that bar me from auditioning for the call for actors? When I auditioned last Tues, this 'call for actors' was not posted on the site

What do you guys think?

Who is going to orientation this coming Thursday, July 22nd?

I know myself and a few other folks who will be there...give us a head up here if you'll be joining us! ;)

Oh, eek... orientation already? Gosh. I won't find out for another week if I'm even hired or not. Ugh, I am not good at waiting on news like this! :unsure:

I hope you have a great time, Hush!!!

Oh, eek... orientation already? Gosh. I won't find out for another week if I'm even hired or not. Ugh, I am not good at waiting on news like this! :unsure:

I hope you have a great time, Hush!!!

Thanks sweetie! As SOON as you hear something drop me a PM!!! ;)

Woot, figured out everything, so I'll be flying down tomorrow morning to audition. yay!

Best of luck to you sweetie! :D

anyone schedule an orientation for the 5th..?

and the actor auditions sound interesting... however, i've never done a "formal" acting audition like that where one must have prepared a monologue... just some odd ones for disney/uni where no experience is really required. does anyone know how these auditions go first hand? if someone like myself (read: dedicated, yet inexperienced) were to try and prepare something, would they have a snowball's chance in hell? or is it another opportunity where whether you look the part or not is pretty important (although, likely not the MOST important)?

i hope that makes sense.

Edited by val

anyone schedule an orientation for the 5th..?

and the actor auditions sound interesting... however, i've never done a "formal" acting audition like that where one must have prepared a monologue... just some odd ones for disney/uni where no experience is really required. does anyone know how these auditions go first hand? if someone like myself (read: dedicated, yet inexperienced) were to try and prepare something, would they have a snowball's chance in hell? or is it another opportunity where whether you look the part or not is pretty important (although, likely not the MOST important)?

i hope that makes sense.

You have to say 'what have I got to lose' , find a funny little 1min. monologue or story that showcases your personality.

Other 'monologue' auditions i've done for Uni and Disney are usually pretty easy- you go in 1 at a time, say your short but sweet monologue and they (may) ask you to do it again (slower, faster, with a different voice) and you will find out that day if you get a call back or not.

-Hope this helps

Because if Icons were needed they would try to use the people who originally played the icons first.

I know people were cast as old icons. Vyt I don't know if they are bringing in new icons. But I'm pretty damn sure, like 99% sure, that people were cast as icons from the past.

First, I'd like to say that I'm thrilled to be back, and wish everyone who has yet to audition good luck. I'm also pleased with my role, and suffice it to say, It should let me get some good scares. As with anything else pertaining to the event, it won't grave my signature until it's officially been released to the guests (usually I put the role up after I see a picture of myself online in it), and I would recommend the new folks to share said policy.