Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

8 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

2.) Have they ever consider/done a maze based off of the Mummy from 99'? I know they have the coaster, but I think a maze would be pretty cool. 

They did houses for the original and the sequel

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mummy_(Orlando)

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mummy_Returns:_The_Curse_Continues

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Not sure. I found this one years ago. Someone shared it, somewhere. 

I tried Vimeo since they're not as popular. This was done back when the Harlem Shake was all the rage, so it's a little outdated, but still funny and we had fun with it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Haha I thought you were legitimately pointing out the differences between the USH and UO house. That would be such an HNN thing to do :lol:

nah, haha. As much as I would have liked to, I actually didn't attend until 25(kinda) and 26 for real.

Kinda weird looking at how much time I spend on here, but I really didn't know HHN was a thing until a couple years ago or I imagine I would've been just as obsessed back then.

Edited by fvcking cvnt

I’m not sure if this has been discussed here (and if it has, my apologies) but, IMO, Stranger Things should be the in the front of the park. This morning I actually saw ST comforters and bedsheets for sale in the kids section at Target. I was kinda shocked, I know it has a really broad fanbase, much more so than TWD & AHS, but I didn’t know it was that broad. They’re gonna be up to their eyeballs in complaints from parents that didn’t know it’s not MNSSHP, leaving little Bentley/Mercedes/Aquafina traumatized. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I’m not sure if this has been discussed here (and if it has, my apologies) but, IMO, Stranger Things should be the in the front of the park. This morning I actually saw ST comforters and bedsheets for sale in the kids section at Target. I was kinda shocked, I know it has a really broad fanbase, much more so than TWD & AHS, but I didn’t know it was that broad. They’re gonna be up to their eyeballs in complaints from parents that didn’t know it’s not MNSSHP, leaving little Bentley/Mercedes/Aquafina traumatized. 

yeah, I've said this on IU, but Stranger Things is so insanely popular with <20s that it's gonna be a very new challenge for Universal to deal with, making it clear that this is a horror event, and that the attraction will be scary. I also imagine this house is gonna be quite tame content wise compared to the rest of the event, little to no gore and violence.

I REALLY hope this IP doesn't affect the content of any other houses at this event or at future events.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I’m not sure if this has been discussed here (and if it has, my apologies) but, IMO, Stranger Things should be the in the front of the park. This morning I actually saw ST comforters and bedsheets for sale in the kids section at Target.

Stick it as far back in the park as possible, and crank up the intensity of the ScareZones this year.

Wake these kids up a little bit. Put some hair on their chests.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

not sure, haven't done any digging because i personally don't really care about the IP. I would check on youtube and look for videos with barely any views, if that helps lol.

Hahaha.... savage... tell me how you really feel LOL.

I did actually find a short video of it though, thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Stick it as far back in the park as possible, and crank up the intensity of the ScareZones this year.

Wake these kids up a little bit. Put some hair on their chests.

Which leads me to question:

What ideas do y'all have for this year's scare-zones? I've been trying to come up with zone ideas (that fit the '80s theme) but I'm not satisfied with what I've come up with, aside from a Nightingales Chernobyl zone in NY.

Like I said on IU, I think they might wanna go the either the HHN 23 route:
Stranger Things--SS21A (front of park)

The Thing--SS21B (courtyard)

Original--SS22 (Fallon)

Lost Boys--SS24 (library)

Or the HHN 24 route:

Stranger Things--SS22 (front of park)

Lost Boys--SS25 (courtyard)

Original--SS24B (Fallon)
The Thing--SS24A (library)

Or, maybe I'm wrong and it turns out they can fit Lost Boys into half a SS. In which case, they can just do the same basic layout they've done the last three years.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

7 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Which leads me to question:

What ideas do y'all have for this year's scare-zones? I've been trying to come up with zone ideas (that fit the '80s theme) but I'm not satisfied with what I've come up with, aside from a Nightingales Chernobyl zone in NY.

Not to beat a dead horse but a thriller SZ would be killer

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Not to beat a dead horse but a thriller SZ would be killer

It would, however I bet the poor scareactors will end up hating the song after it’s played on repeat each night over the whole season (maybe not on a constant loop, but maybe once every 30 mins)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

It would, however I bet the poor scareactors will end up hating the song after it’s played on repeat each night over the whole season (maybe not on a constant loop, but maybe once every 30 mins)

I’ll bet the actors in the first two PS houses grew to hate A Summer Place.

Whoever works in the living room scene in Stranger Things will hate The Clash by the time the event is over.

20 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

Ah, well, guess I missed it then. Oh well. Are there videos of them online by any chance?

I did The Mummy in '99 and '01. It's been 19 years/17 years and many houses ago though. 

I remember the scarab room the best (cant remember which year). There was some form of styrofoam popcorn underfoot that crunched (I believe), the sound of the scarabs crawling around, and air compressors may have been utilized to give the sensation of something crawling on you. 

'99 was only my second year and I hadn't been completely sucked into the event yet. I went for the jumpscares and the laughs (nothing funnier than watching the CDT chase people). I wasn't focused on details. 

'01 is ruled by Run. Went through it twice. My memories for that year are Run dominated. It is tied with Dead Exposure as my all time favorite house. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I did The Mummy in '99 and '01. It's been 19 years/17 years and many houses ago though. 

I remember the scarab room the best (cant remember which year). There was some form of styrofoam popcorn underfoot that crunched (I believe), the sound of the scarabs crawling around, and air compressors may have been utilized to give the sensation of something crawling on you. 

'99 was only my second year and I hadn't been completely sucked into the event yet. I went for the jumpscares and the laughs (nothing funnier than watching the CDT chase people). I wasn't focused on details. 

'01 is ruled by Run. Went through it twice. My memories for that year are Run dominated. It is tied with Dead Exposure as my all time favorite house. 

I'm perplexed that they were able to fit two houses in the Disaster queue and Soundstage 22. The houses must've been smaller back then?

5 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'm perplexed that they were able to fit two houses in the Disaster queue and Soundstage 22. The houses must've been smaller back then?

They didn't seem small. Especially, Run. My two RUN-throughs, were both separate paths. Run is the only house I have where experienced a solo walk through. My second time through they separate little ole 5ft 1 me from the rest of pulsed our group. Best house experience ever!

They were very creative on how they twisted houses around. Frightanic was also in Earthquake queue and it was a dual run. The house didn't feel shorter than subsequent houses I've been in. 

• Like 3

my sources tell me that an IP house is being canceled and they are going to use TWD as a quick replacement....

:huh: ok ok ok .... seriously though... ST has to be right up front. It will be the biggest name this year.

• Haha 1

I think that if this year really is 80s themed, A Run Scare zone would work awesomely. You could use real chainsaws since it would be outside, use the marquee lighting and a couple chainlink fence props.  It would work really well in Hollywood.

12 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I think that if this year really is 80s themed, A Run Scare zone would work awesomely. You could use real chainsaws since it would be outside, use the marquee lighting and a couple chainlink fence props.  It would work really well in Hollywood.

Yeah, they can have the different nations and everything. Of course, I didn't experience BS&F, but it's disappointing that the reapers  didn't correspond to their nations better (instead of spraying plague, Brazil should've been pouring hot coffee on people).