Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

18 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Haha! I somehow didn’t make the username connections!

16 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Yup. 

While seeing the exact same posts on here and there is a good giveaway, there's, usually, a "voice" to each user. 

Everyone has a "voice" when they write. I can, usually, figure out different, and in some cases, disparate usernames as being the same individual. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Indeed, he is. Hence the username choice of @TheShape1031

EDIT:

By the way, I can see both sides of the debate. 

The Shape alludes to Halloween. There's a barking dog. 

The kennel scene starts of with The Thing whimpering, then making a soft growl. The noise isn't, initially, coming from The Thing beyond that soft growl. 

Seems like a Michael riddle to me.... dogs constantly barking at him throughout the series. Most iconic in the original of course. 

Image result for dancing michael myers gif

• Like 2

With today's tweet, it is totally clear to me that Iffy means The Thing. "The shape" wording is an intentional red herring.  Also, it's funny that so many people are just learning Michael Myers was credited as the shape. I'm an old horror nerd and have had that info since I was a kid in the 80's. heh heh

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

With today's tweet, it is totally clear to me that Iffy mean The Thing. "The shape" wording is an intentional red herring.  Also, it's funny that so many people are just learning Michael Myers was credited as the shape. I'm an old horror nerd and have had that info since I was a kid in the 80's. heh heh

can you post the tweet copied and pasted, my school blocks twitter :zombie:

Just now, TheRobcat said:

Yarp

Swiftly moving amid the fray

With ease, the shape consumes its prey

ehh, I say that's The Thing because Michael doesn't really consume his prey (except that dog), it could still refer to both because Ifrit loves to do that bs where it could really be anything. 

BTW I've been doing a lot of defending that Ifrit is talking about Michael before this tweet but I am soooooooo excited for a house based on the original The Thing film, it's one of my top 5 fav movies all time, higher than Halloween haha.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

ehh, I say that's The Thing because Michael doesn't really consume his prey (except that dog), it could still refer to both because Ifrit loves to do that bs where it could really be anything. 

BTW I've been doing a lot of defending that Ifrit is talking about Michael before this tweet but I am soooooooo excited for a house based on the original The Thing film, it's one of my top 5 fav movies all time, higher than Halloween haha.

That last tweet was DEFINITELY Thing. I hope they actually use the cold effects that they didn't use in Shining last year (should've nixed most of the AvED facade to make room in budget for those).

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

I'd be surprised if we don't also get Halloween, assuming all the Ifrit revealed comes to pass, that is. 

Yeah, I think this tweet is The Thing and the last was Halloween, they were just trying to make it seem like these two are talking about the same IP by using similar language but in reality they're talking about 2 different IPs.

3 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I hope they actually use the cold effects that they didn't use in Shining last year (should've nixed most of the AvED facade to make room in budget for those).

THIS, facades are great but if it meant insane effects IN the house, I'd be okay with a lamer AvED facade

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

a lamer AvED facade

Would have fit with the house. The funny thing is I like the show, but man, the event honestly would have been better off without that house. Maybe it had a lot to do with AvED not being available on Netflix until AFTER THE EVENT FINISHED!

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 3

I think the two new ones are specifically about The Thing  and just using the word "shape" to make dorks like me second guess it. heh heh

Despite what people say, Ifrit usually does have an aim and it generally only really makes sense for one thing. Also, if Iffy was being totally vague, there wouldn't be a definitive answer at the end of each tweet bundle. So far It, Stranger Things, Trick r Treat, The Lost Boys, and now The Thing have been confirmed.  I personally enjoy goofy pop-culture riddles, so I like to pay attention to what Ifrit says. Last year's confirmations were dead-on, so we'll see how this year goes.  I take it all with a grain of salt, but I want to believe. :)

Just now, TheRobcat said:

I think the two new ones are specifically about The Thing  and just using the word "shape" to make dorks like me second guess it. heh heh

Despite what people say, Ifrit usually does have an aim and it generally only really makes sense for one thing. Also, if Iffy was being totally vague, there wouldn't be a definitive answer at the end of each tweet bundle. So far It, Stranger Things, Trick r Treat, The Lost Boys, and now The Thing have been confirmed.  I personally enjoy goofy pop-culture riddles, so I like to pay attention to what Ifrit says. Last year's confirmations were dead-on, so we'll see how this year goes.  I take it all with a grain of salt, but I want to believe. :)

yeah, I can see how the other tweet is probably The Thing too, god I'm so excited for this year.

3 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Would have fit with the house. The funny thing is I like the show, but man, the event honestly would have been better off without that house. JMO

On 11/10/2017 at 11:06 AM, fvcking cvnt said:

#9 Ash vs Evil Dead 

*sigh* my 2nd most anticipated house, this really wasn't great. The Cast had energy, they tried, and the house is decent, just it doesn't stack up the the rest of this year's lineup. Ok Ash's lines suck, making stupid jokes only middle schoolers would think are edgy. The scares are surprisingly barren, with seemingly endless empty hallways. However, when the scares actually happen, they're generic boo-holes. Also prevalent in this house is just screaming people? not scary. The Deadites are cool when they are around though. My absolute favorite thing about this house, and the reason I came to it multiple times at all is that fucking amazing feeling of going from a cool severed head scare, to a chill point where you can admire that you're going in the fucking cabin, Ash popping out and all. That makes this house amazing for me, as I'm a huge Evil Dead fan. Also love the shed scene. At the end there's a stupid hallway of endless random creatures from Evil Dead, with a henrietta I didn't realize was henrietta until talking about it with a friend. CMON HOLLYWOOD GOT A FULL ON EVIL DEAD 2 BASEMENT SCENE WITH ACTUAL HENRIETTA LOOKING HENRIETTA AND LOOOONG NECK HENRIETTA. that pisses me off and puts this house at the bottom of my list. Do an OG "The Evil Dead" house tho pleaseeee hhn I will love you forever.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

With today's tweet, it is totally clear to me that Iffy means The Thing. "The shape" wording is an intentional red herring.  Also, it's funny that so many people are just learning Michael Myers was credited as the shape. I'm an old horror nerd and have had that info since I was a kid in the 80's. heh heh

*Fist bump to my fellow old man*

• Like 1

Any chance of a VR house like Repository? I think my husband and I were one of the few that really enjoyed it. (they picked on me incessantly through the whole thing!) We just got our BOGO tickets...we've only ever done one night at HHN. Hoping two is not overkill. Last year we went on a Saturday and vow to never do that again, due to crowds, even with the express pass. Also, will Finnegan's once again be a crazy one at a time line? We're old folks who need (and can handle) our alcohol. Finnegan's used to be our spot to get away and enjoy a drink. Last year it seemed like an attraction upon itself instead of a nice getaway for some adult time. I said this earlier, but I am still not a fan of the Stranger Things house....Just doesn't seem scary enough to me. I've never seen The Thing, so must make a plan for that in the near future.

1 minute ago, Drummanmatt said:

So going off last year Thursdays are announcement days. Do you think we will have announcements dropped randomly like last year, or we will get a heads up like for stranger things this year?

It would be so cool if they announced The Thing today, it’s my birthday. :D

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 3

On 4/9/2018 at 4:20 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

I think this is the closest we will get to Thriller at HHN:

Where is a good place to quietly post a video of our Evil Dead cast doing the Harlem Shake? It's pretty funny, but I don't want it all over the Youtube.

• Like 1

I think this was already discussed, but I'm too lazy to go back and find it again. Two questions: 

1.) Is there a chance that Scream might ever be considered again now that Weinstein is pretty much done? 

2.) Have they ever consider/done a maze based off of the Mummy from 99'? I know they have the coaster, but I think a maze would be pretty cool. 

• Like 1