Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

I'm a huge fan of most of the things rumored for this year and will likely enjoy whatever is thrown at us, but it isn't going to feel full-on 80's without some of the classic slasher monsters. My vote will always be for Jason Voorhees, but Freddy, Chucky, Leatherface and the gang are always welcome. If not a house, maybe they'll toss us weird 80's kids a bone with a fun scarezone or something. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

I'm a huge fan of most of the things rumored for this year and will likely enjoy whatever is thrown at us, but it isn't going to feel full-on 80's without some of the classic slasher monsters. My vote will always be for Jason Voorhees, but Freddy, Chucky, Leatherface and the gang are always welcome. If not a house, maybe they'll toss us weird 80's kids a bone with a fun scarezone or something. 

Leather face isn’t really an 80s boy, I hope we see Freddy or Jason tho

• Like 1

As soon as Stranger Things was announced, I knew HHN would be getting a significantly younger crowd this year. Put ST in the very back, and fill the park with terrifying scarezones. Filter out the weak children. And then pray for all the Event Guides that will have to constantly tell parents "this is a horror event, the monsters aren't going to ignore little Jayden just because he's a kid" 

I really really hope HHN isn't crawling with children this year, except for the few kids that actually ARE horror fans and are just baby versions of all of us. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

As soon as Stranger Things was announced, I knew HHN would be getting a significantly younger crowd this year. Put ST in the very back, and fill the park with terrifying scarezones. Filter out the weak children. And then pray for all the Event Guides that will have to constantly tell parents "this is a horror event, the monsters aren't going to ignore little Jayden just because he's a kid" 

I really really hope HHN isn't crawling with children this year, except for the few kids that actually ARE horror fans and are just baby versions of all of us. 

Don’t forget the potential Harry Potter show.

For the record, there’s a picture from HHN 12 (2002) of the Treaks and Foons interacting with young children, which means they went through at least one “serious” scare-zone to get there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

There is a certain point where companies need to put their foot down and stop giving in to each individual's sensitivity. I'm not talking allergies or disabilities, but more opinions. Everyone has one and if guests don't get what they think they deserve, they complain. I'm sorry if the event doesn't live up to their expectations or is too terrifying, but oh well. You knew what you were paying for(or didn't, because that's a thing).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Everyone is different to their handling factor. Honestly kids will go to the event either way. Don’t make it a kiddie event at all. And also hopefully universal sticks with their IPs this year and they “don’t be cruel”  their  plans and the handle factor. 

• Like 2

I remember years ago I was in line for Havoc: Derailed and there was a little kid who DID NOT want to be there. Not that it was any of my business but as a group we were pretty concerned with how it looked like his parents could care less and how unsettled/nervous he was. Long story short, the scare actors in the house didn't ruin this kids life. They're people, they're professional and I'd say from what I've seen they really prove there's something to an art about what they're doing. I've seen scare actors relentless scare someone whos there to have fun and that's the point- there's a difference between fun scared and helpless scared and they know the line.

My point is that there have been children (not lots but still) at this event for years and the event hasn't changed because of it. I don't think that event will be pacified this year or in the future. I doubt this kid (referenced above)latest?cb=20100926043127

got targeted directly by a scareactor once.

I also highly doubt any property would shift the demographics of an event called Halloween Horror Nights to a PG audience/ childrens audience. If there was a worry for that happening though there's once solution marketing could use. Go back to making classic era HHN commercials. Growing up in Orlando, some of the commercials for Horror Nights were scarier than anything in TV in October. For you out of towners (idk if they were on air across the country) the commericals were notible enough that there's even a special mention on the Wikipedia page for the event about them.

• Like 2

As a 10-11 year old kid, who liked horror movies. When Carnival Of Carnage came(which please bring that back again in some form, hopefully this year with this 80’s theme).  But I was like this is Really cool as hell! 

I mean like I said it depends. Like if there are Indiana hhn fans on here. I was afraid a horror host named Sammy Terry till I was almost out of elementary school. So it just depends.

i mean adults/parents should know better. I’m not against parents taking their 10-12 year old kid to HHN. But don’t take young children to the event.

HHN is more marketed toward to the adult crowd. I mean I’m not expecting kid-friendly scare zones to happen anytime soon. Keep its boundaries.

Like keep the HHN tradition with attractive scantly clad women, people running around with chainsaws, and excellent haunted houses!  Don’t change it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miss_stryx said:

Not the point. HHN doesn't disrespect, no, but female scareactors show shoulder and its considered "scantly clad" <_< 

I mean, there were also pole dancing demons last year. And a Bill and Ted show was never complete without dancers in underwear. He's not being disrespectful, it really is HHN tradition to have half dressed scareactors, both men and women, running around. 

• Like 5

On 4/13/2018 at 4:14 PM, TheRobcat said:

Let Freddy, Jason, and leatherface get both coasts.

And have Chucky stay in Hollywood, I don’t want him in Orlando after the last movie.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:11 PM, Ringwraith said:

There is a certain point where companies need to put their foot down and stop giving in to each individual's sensitivity. I'm not talking allergies or disabilities, but more opinions. Everyone has one and if guests don't get what they think they deserve, they complain. I'm sorry if the event doesn't live up to their expectations or is too terrifying, but oh well. You knew what you were paying for(or didn't, because that's a thing).

I totally agree! The Voodoo show from a few years ago that had to be scrapped because it upset a few people is just insane to me. The fact that they caved and stopped the show after just a few nights after all the time and money than went into building the shack and hiring the cast. Heck, they even promoted the whole zone as it being tied to the show with the mason jar lights strung out throughout the entire zone interacting with the show. I will still never understand why they pulled the plug on it and then turned around a few years later and gave us and entire house based on that one scarezone.

12 hours ago, Miss_stryx said:

Not the point. HHN doesn't disrespect, no, but female scareactors show shoulder and its considered "scantly clad" <_< 

Lol calm down. Have you seen HHN Hollywood? Poll dancers at the entrance is literally a staple of the event. Scantly-clad women as distractions are a frequently used scare tactics at both locations. I would find it quite strange if anyone one this board would be upset about him/her pointing out a common mature element of the event worth preserving

4 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Not to bring up other things on other boards, but things seem to be all aflutter and no one's talkin' over on Inside Uni. Orlando. 

Anyone around here feeling more daring? 

We're all just the same people, huh? 

Damn. 

Interesting. Sounds like somethings coming which no one has mentioned before, and maybe other “dead certs” were never coming in the first place. 

Hopefully a good suprise is on its way rather than something to really wind up the fans, but “getting some snacks” sounds like something is going to kick off to really divide the HHN community. As long as it’s not the walking dead lol

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 5:17 PM, Midnight Detective said:

I remember years ago I was in line for Havoc: Derailed and there was a little kid who DID NOT want to be there. Not that it was any of my business but as a group we were pretty concerned with how it looked like his parents could care less and how unsettled/nervous he was. Long story short, the scare actors in the house didn't ruin this kids life. They're people, they're professional and I'd say from what I've seen they really prove there's something to an art about what they're doing. I've seen scare actors relentless scare someone whos there to have fun and that's the point- there's a difference between fun scared and helpless scared and they know the line.

My point is that there have been children (not lots but still) at this event for years and the event hasn't changed because of it. I don't think that event will be pacified this year or in the future. I doubt this kid (referenced above)latest?cb=20100926043127

got targeted directly by a scareactor once.

I also highly doubt any property would shift the demographics of an event called Halloween Horror Nights to a PG audience/ childrens audience. If there was a worry for that happening though there's once solution marketing could use. Go back to making classic era HHN commercials. Growing up in Orlando, some of the commercials for Horror Nights were scarier than anything in TV in October. For you out of towners (idk if they were on air across the country) the commericals were notible enough that there's even a special mention on the Wikipedia page for the event about them.

I’m less afraid of HHN becoming targeted to children, and more afraid of HHN becoming targeted towards bitchy adults :lol:. I’m more worried about losing gore, guns, ideas because they’re considered offensive, etc. I’m more worried about HHN trying to be more of a PG-13 event, not PG.

• Like 2

Holy shit. @Legacy just said over on IU:

"A&D knows they have a leaker. More importantly, they seem to know who it is.

HHN requires a LOT of freelance design work. My hunch is that most leaks are coming from one of them. They're not coming from an inner-circle.

For a couple years, "false rumors" have been alluded to as something to be wary of. Nothing ever really came of it. What we knew was what we got. It's different this year. My source (MY source, not third/fourth hand whispers) opened up on a couple of things. The biggest though, was acknowledging efforts to confuse the fans/complicate the leaks.

Then they told me the houses we're not getting."

And y'all thought the house spec was dumb, now we're gonna be guessing which houses we WON'T get :lol:

(btw my guesses are that TrT, Thing, Lost Boys, and maybe AHS are out, and that we're getting IT.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

HHN requires a LOT of freelance design work. My hunch is that most leaks are coming from one of them. They're not coming from an inner-circle.

For a couple years, "false rumors" have been alluded to as something to be wary of. Nothing ever really came of it. What we knew was what we got. It's different this year. My source (MY source, not third/fourth hand whispers) opened up on a couple of things. The biggest though, was acknowledging efforts to confuse the fans/complicate the leaks.

And y'all thought the house spec was dumb, now we're gonna be guessing which houses we WON'T get :lol:

(btw my guesses are that TrT, Thing, Lost Boys, and maybe AHS are out, and that we're getting IT.)

Welp, I know it took me longer than others, but if that’s the case I’m never listening to Ifrit again <_<

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 3:48 PM, QueenoftheBunnies said:

So many good things about this post..... I like the idea of ST in the back.... and the fact that you used the name JAYDEN made me legit laugh.... and I cant wait for my mini-me's to be old enough to go to HHN. My almost 5 year old daughter said she'll go when she is 35 LOL. Which would make me 71 years old. I stay in good shape but damn she mght have to go a little sooner than that!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Image result for IT gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Legacy on IU:

"What's the popularly assumed list right now?

Stranger Things (Confirmed)
IT
The Thing
Trick R Treat
Halloween
The Lost Boys

Then Nightmare on Elm Street, Conjuring, and Alien keep flittering about the edges?

Of those nine, I was told four that aren't happening."

I mentioned that he left out AHS and he admitted he forgot it, but still four out of the ten are confirmed to not be coming, meaning AHS is not one of those four.

5 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

@Legacy on IU:

"What's the popularly assumed list right now?

Stranger Things (Confirmed)
IT
The Thing
Trick R Treat
Halloween
The Lost Boys

Then Nightmare on Elm Street, Conjuring, and Alien keep flittering about the edges?

Of those nine, I was told four that aren't happening."

I mentioned that he left out AHS and he admitted he forgot it, but still four out of the ten are confirmed to not be coming, meaning AHS is not one of those four.

God, please let it be that they were just fucking with us about IT not coming... Please lord..... 

• Like 4