HHN 2017 Speculation

So I just went on the website and Halloween is happening, so can confirm I will not be at the park that night nor the will I be there the 25th. Cannot wait for costume fittings, I promise to give you guys any good details once the event starts (like best times/dates/mazes and whatnot). 

19 minutes ago, plaguexdoctor said:

Just got rehired to be Maze Host for my 3rd year! I even got to pick what maze I want to work in lol If you get casted to scare in The Shining and see a small maze host wearing skeleton gloves... You're in good hands lol :)

Why'd you pick Shinning? 

37 minutes ago, plaguexdoctor said:

Just got rehired to be Maze Host for my 3rd year! I even got to pick what maze I want to work in lol If you get casted to scare in The Shining and see a small maze host wearing skeleton gloves... You're in good hands lol :)

Congrats! A maze host is the person who scans the passes in front of the maze, watches security of the maze, and lets people in right? Which mazes did you host for in previous years?

Edited by wow

32 minutes ago, wow said:

Congrats! A maze host is the person who scans the passes in front of the maze, watches security of the maze, and lets people in right? Which mazes did you host for in previous years?

Correct! Maze Hosts get rotated amongst those positions but I'm always placed inside the maze because I'm like a bad guest auror or whatever. I catch every drunk guest, video camera flashers, face screamers, hitters, touchers, idiot boyfriend who throws gf at actors, you name it lol I was in Terror Tram Purge back in 2015 and TCM last year.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, plaguexdoctor said:

Correct! Maze Hosts get rotated amongst those positions but I'm always placed inside the maze because I'm like a bad guest auror or whatever. I catch every drunk guest, video camera flashers, face screamers, hitters, touchers, idiot boyfriend who throws gf at actors, you name it lol I was in Terror Tram Purge back in 2015 and TCM last year.

I read 'hitlers" instead of "hitters"...

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 8:39 AM, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I've chosen to believe the leaked lineup since, besides Uber Fan which only one person leaked correctly, it's been entirely accurate except for details about the mazes themselves. If you don't want to believe the leaked lineup then that's on you, but all evidence points towards Insidious ch. 4, Jigsaw, and Blumhouse of Horrors

I've been trying to figure out how 'Insidious: Chapter 4' relates to the codename 'Writer's Block' for a while now. The hints we've been given have been: 

-Murdy went through 20,000 pictures for the maze. 

-Has to do with Writer's Block (but he also stated "It doesn't specifically have to do with writer's block ... more the keyboard in the pic". The keyboard as we all know has an H and M partially crossed out and the N blacked out)

June 15, you asked for an extra hint for the property, to which Murdy replied, 'It's one letter' (meaning either H or N or M). Someone replied, 'Wondering why the "N" is the only letter crossed out", and oddly enough Murdy put "It doesn't like it". 

July 4 was when the speculation really went wild that JP Queue would hold the 'Blumhouse' maze that's rumored as the facade received lots of bricks and windows to fit the 'Get Out' house facade. But, Murdy threw another curveball at us. Someone wrote "Well, I was lead to believe it might've been Get Out because of the bricks. Also, there's still room for speculations b/it's unfinished." Murdy: "The bricks were just a clever ruse. When we take them down the true facade will be revealed." 

Later that day someone wrote to Murdy: "I am hearing a new insidious movie is in the works. Suspicious." Murdy: "It is suspicious. But I haven't seen that movie."

July 26 - "Have you ever thought about doing an It, Annabelle, or Conjuring maze?" Murdy: "Yes yes and yes."

It's hard to think he'd do a maze for a movie that both doesn't come out until next year, and he himself hasn't seen yet. For just about anything that comes to Horror Nights, Murdy seems to like to take a look at it first; whether it's video games (he plays them beforehand), music, TV shows, and even movies. That makes 'Chapter 4' the most unlikely contender. 'It', however, seems pretty solid to appear at the event. 

The 'N' on the keyboard a lot of people say is for iNsidious, but what if it's really for Neibolt St, the house where Pennywise lives? As for "Writer's Block", I'm almost certain (the only thing I can't source) King got writer's block while writing this novel. That way it's about writer's block but also not about writer's block equally. 'It' is also the stronger fit for the two because it's been shattering records left and right. The teaser trailer alone beat out 'Fate of the Furious' for views on YouTube (a stupid record, but hey, it means popularity). Opening weekend the film is set to demolish. Not only the massive anticipation for the new film, the book is still a huge seller making it widely known, and if you haven't read it, you've at least come to know the TV mini-series. To have the maze at the event also makes sense because of cross promotion. People will see the film and then want to do the maze afterwards (that's what I did when 'Insidious: Into the Further' was at the event after the opening of 'Chapter 2'). So it benefits both Universal and Warner Bros. 

As for 'Chapter 4' though? Nobody knows what the film is about. You can argue that it doesn't matter, but I have a strong feeling it matters to Murdy. He seems extremely focused on story with his mazes, which is why even the mashups have a story to follow along with. And trying to use the maze as a teaser for the film will limit the potential of what he can/cannot do (looking at 'Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness' which, although it was beautiful, failed in the fact it couldn't do very much from the film). All of that, and the fact I still can't figure out how 'Writer's Block' is the codename for the maze. 

3 hours ago, bendelthegreat said:

I've been trying to figure out how 'Insidious: Chapter 4' relates to the codename 'Writer's Block' for a while now. The hints we've been given have been: 

-Murdy went through 20,000 pictures for the maze. 

-Has to do with Writer's Block (but he also stated "It doesn't specifically have to do with writer's block ... more the keyboard in the pic". The keyboard as we all know has an H and M partially crossed out and the N blacked out)

June 15, you asked for an extra hint for the property, to which Murdy replied, 'It's one letter' (meaning either H or N or M). Someone replied, 'Wondering why the "N" is the only letter crossed out", and oddly enough Murdy put "It doesn't like it". 

July 4 was when the speculation really went wild that JP Queue would hold the 'Blumhouse' maze that's rumored as the facade received lots of bricks and windows to fit the 'Get Out' house facade. But, Murdy threw another curveball at us. Someone wrote "Well, I was lead to believe it might've been Get Out because of the bricks. Also, there's still room for speculations b/it's unfinished." Murdy: "The bricks were just a clever ruse. When we take them down the true facade will be revealed." 

Later that day someone wrote to Murdy: "I am hearing a new insidious movie is in the works. Suspicious." Murdy: "It is suspicious. But I haven't seen that movie."

July 26 - "Have you ever thought about doing an It, Annabelle, or Conjuring maze?" Murdy: "Yes yes and yes."

It's hard to think he'd do a maze for a movie that both doesn't come out until next year, and he himself hasn't seen yet. For just about anything that comes to Horror Nights, Murdy seems to like to take a look at it first; whether it's video games (he plays them beforehand), music, TV shows, and even movies. That makes 'Chapter 4' the most unlikely contender. 'It', however, seems pretty solid to appear at the event. 

The 'N' on the keyboard a lot of people say is for iNsidious, but what if it's really for Neibolt St, the house where Pennywise lives? As for "Writer's Block", I'm almost certain (the only thing I can't source) King got writer's block while writing this novel. That way it's about writer's block but also not about writer's block equally. 'It' is also the stronger fit for the two because it's been shattering records left and right. The teaser trailer alone beat out 'Fate of the Furious' for views on YouTube (a stupid record, but hey, it means popularity). Opening weekend the film is set to demolish. Not only the massive anticipation for the new film, the book is still a huge seller making it widely known, and if you haven't read it, you've at least come to know the TV mini-series. To have the maze at the event also makes sense because of cross promotion. People will see the film and then want to do the maze afterwards (that's what I did when 'Insidious: Into the Further' was at the event after the opening of 'Chapter 2'). So it benefits both Universal and Warner Bros. 

As for 'Chapter 4' though? Nobody knows what the film is about. You can argue that it doesn't matter, but I have a strong feeling it matters to Murdy. He seems extremely focused on story with his mazes, which is why even the mashups have a story to follow along with. And trying to use the maze as a teaser for the film will limit the potential of what he can/cannot do (looking at 'Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness' which, although it was beautiful, failed in the fact it couldn't do very much from the film). All of that, and the fact I still can't figure out how 'Writer's Block' is the codename for the maze. 

It's actually that simple. iNsidious. That's the connection. Murdy said in a Q&A that the Connection doesn't have to do with Writer's Block.

So tell me how does this?

Match up with this?

Stephen King saw the leak that went out about The Shining and was furious so that's why Shining announcement was delayed. As much as I would love to see IT, it's  not happening this year.

The Facade for JP is a Actual House which is located in the LA Oil Field which IT filmed in Canda.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=6426093&postcount=19217

Murdy planned Insidious Chapter 4 from the Start. Right? Makes sense Murdy loves the Property and it has a release date of October. But then it got moved. He still kept because he wanted it. Insidious Chapter 4 was stated to be located in New Mexico in a Interview. That house looks very mexicanish to me. Also Murdy did say it's not a Original Facade it must be a Facade from a Film right? 

Maybe Jason Blum liked the look of the House so much he decided to use it for Insidious Chapter 4. The Wolfman in 2009 was supposed to be released in July but got moved to February 2010 and Orlando still decided to do a Maze in 2009. Insidious is a insanely popular property like The Wolfman so it makes sense for them to do it this year regardless if the film is actually coming out this year.

Matter of fact I did a Full On Blog Post on why Insidious Chapter 4 is the JP Queue.

https://hhnunofficial.com/2017/07/16/insidious-chapter-4-is-the-jp-queue/amp/

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

It's actually that simple. iNsidious. That's the connection. Murdy said in a Q&A that the Connection doesn't have to do with Writer's Block.

So tell me how does this?

Match up with this?

Stephen King saw the leak that went out about The Shining and was furious so that's why Shining announcement was delayed. As much as I would love to see IT, it's  not happening this year.

The Facade for JP is a Actual House which is located in the LA Oil Field which IT filmed in Canda.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=6426093&postcount=19217

Murdy planned Insidious Chapter 4 from the Start. Right? Makes sense Murdy loves the Property and it has a release date of October. But then it got moved. He still kept because he wanted it. Insidious Chapter 4 was stated to be located in New Mexico in a Interview. That house looks very mexicanish to me. Also Murdy did say it's not a Original Facade it must be a Facade from a Film right? 

Maybe Jason Blum liked the look of the House so much he decided to use it for Insidious Chapter 4. The Wolfman in 2009 was supposed to be released in July but got moved to February 2010 and Orlando still decided to do a Maze in 2009. Insidious is a insanely popular property like The Wolfman so it makes sense for them to do it this year regardless if the film is actually coming out this year.

Matter of fact I did a Full On Blog Post on why Insidious Chapter 4 is the JP Queue.

https://hhnunofficial.com/2017/07/16/insidious-chapter-4-is-the-jp-queue/amp/

Why would Murdy do a maze on a film he hasn't seen before? There's holes to the logic for 'Chapter 4'. Literally John Murdy said he has not seen the new movie, and while I thought both 'Insidious' mazes were great, they need to not happen until the new movie comes out. It's the same reasoning behind why Michael Myers, 'Hellraiser', and 'Trick 'r Treat' are all going to be absent from the event this year as well, despite being heavily demanded. 

Everyone is so married to that leaked lineup but can't provide a solid connection between "Writer's Block" and "Insidious" beyond just capitalizing the 'N'. 'It' looks like it will be elsewhere in the park, I'm just trying to figure out what really is happening in the JP Queue (unless when the bricks are removed we'll see a decrepit wooden structure instead).

28 minutes ago, bendelthegreat said:

Why would Murdy do a maze on a film he hasn't seen before? There's holes to the logic for 'Chapter 4'. Literally John Murdy said he has not seen the new movie, and while I thought both 'Insidious' mazes were great, they need to not happen until the new movie comes out. It's the same reasoning behind why Michael Myers, 'Hellraiser', and 'Trick 'r Treat' are all going to be absent from the event this year as well, despite being heavily demanded. 

Everyone is so married to that leaked lineup but can't provide a solid connection between "Writer's Block" and "Insidious" beyond just capitalizing the 'N'. 'It' looks like it will be elsewhere in the park, I'm just trying to figure out what really is happening in the JP Queue (unless when the bricks are removed we'll see a decrepit wooden structure instead).

Because if John wanted to do it, then they (Blumhouse) would give him good resources. When both parks did Dracula back in 2014, my Orlando BTS guide mentioned the team for there only got a script, the trailer, and some art of locations. 

And the fact that Murdy is close with Jason Blum after years of partnerships I presume means Murdy would get a little more access.

We're "married" to the lineup because, well, look at the pattern.

AHS Roanoke was on the list. Check.

Shining on the list. Check.

Ash Vs Evil Dead on the list. Check.

TOT tram on the list. Check.

TOT maze wasn't cuz Conjuring got scrapped, which was, while not saying what got scrapped officially, basically confirmed. Basically check.

Why should we doubt it? Why is it so farfetched to you?

Why would Murdy do a movie that hasn't come out yet? He just did Crimson Peak two years ago. 

The fact that the fencing for the Lipstick Demon in the Hollywood mazes was seen already being put it only helps. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Because if John wanted to do it, then they (Blumhouse) would give him good resources. When both parks did Dracula back in 2014, my Orlando BTS guide mentioned the team for there only got a script, the trailer, and some art of locations. 

And the fact that Murdy is close with Jason Blum after years of partnerships I presume means Murdy would get a little more access.

We're "married" to the lineup because, well, look at the pattern.

AHS Roanoke was on the list. Check.

Shining on the list. Check.

Ash Vs Evil Dead on the list. Check.

TOT tram on the list. Check.

TOT maze wasn't cuz Conjuring got scrapped, which was, while not saying what got scrapped officially, basically confirmed. Basically check.

Why should we doubt it? Why is it so farfetched to you?

Why would Murdy do a movie that hasn't come out yet? He just did Crimson Peak two years ago. 

The fact that the fencing for the Lipstick Demon in the Hollywood mazes was seen already being put it only helps. 

I brought up the possibility of 'It being the property' in the other speculation thread and it was immediately dismissed in the same way as is happening here but I really think there seem to be a lot of clues indicating that it might be correct. Firstly, Bendel made a good point that 'Writers block' didn't make sense in terms of 'Insidious' and when reading his post it occurred to me that the reason that people believe 'It' can't happen is that King did not want it to and has always stopped the use of his IPs in the past. This could be considered to be a 'Writers block'. Also apparently he must have given approval for there to be houses based on 'It' since the 'It Experience' shown above has been announced  therefore some of those objections must no longer exist especially in light of 'The Shining' happening. Finally, the Ifrit gave us a clue a while ago that actually mentioned the word 'it' twice I believe. It may not happen but it just seems to make a hell of a lot more sense than 'Insidious' if John hasn't even seem seen the movie as was stated. In addition, I understand that it looks like the houses do not match in appearance but does anyone remember what Georgie's house looked like? I ask thinking maybe that was the facade.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

I brought up the possibility of 'It being the property' in the other speculation thread and it was immediately dismissed in the same way as is happening here but I really think there seem to be a lot of clues indicating that it might be correct. Firstly, Bendel made a good point that 'Writers block' didn't make sense in terms of 'Insidious' and when reading his post it occurred to me that the reason that people believe 'It' can't happen is that King did not want it to and has always stopped the use of his IPs in the past. This could be considered to be a 'Writers block'. Also apparently he must have given approval for there to be houses based on 'It' since the 'It Experience' shown above has been announced  therefore some of those objections must no longer exist especially in light of 'The Shining' happening. Finally, the Ifrit gave us a clue a while ago that actually mentioned the word 'it' twice I believe. It may not happen but it just seems to make a hell of a lot more sense than 'Insidious' if John hasn't even seem seen the movie as was stated. In addition, I understand that it looks like the houses do not match in appearance but does anyone remember what Georgie's house looked like? I ask thinking maybe that was the facade.

The people behind the IT Experience didn't piss King off by going behind his back to do a version of one of his properties that he dosen't control. Kubrick's Shining does not equal King. If King was involved at all (Whether through the new IT or something else) Kubrick's Shining would likely not be at the event due to King's dislike for it's portrayal of his original story.

3 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

The people behind the IT Experience didn't piss King off by going behind his back to do a version of one of his properties that he dosen't control. Kubrick's Shining does not equal King. If King was involved at all (Whether through the new IT or something else) Kubrick's Shining would likely not be at the event due to King's dislike for it's portrayal of his original story.

Again, that's your speculation.  We don't know what has been agreed to. I think the clues seem to be pointing to it more so than some terrible Insidious movie but we'll see.

• Like 1

IT won't be happening this year. We are quick to dismiss it because we know what we're talking about. King does NOT want his properties featured at HHN and it's actually not speculation. The Shining announcement was delayed in May because of the leak from the travel agency that had The Shining. It pissed King off so they had to delay the announcement to figure things out legally, this was confirmed by people over in orlando who have inside sources. 

Why are you so against the leaked lineup? What evidence have you seen that could lead you to believe that it is incorrect? 

The connection for Writer's Block has nothing to do with actual writer's block and only deals with the fully blacked out letter, which only refers to N since that's the only one that's completely blacked out. 

John is a carny, but he's not carny enough to invest time and money into construction just to throw us off. The facade that has been constructed is the facade for the JP queue maze, not an elaborate rouse. 

The whole "why would John do a maze based on a movie he hasn't seen?" Thing provides no solid platform as a question. Why did he do Crimson Peak, why did he do Dracula Untold? Why is he doing jigsaw? 

Theres a difference between speculation and pulling something out of thin air. The speculation of Insidious ch. 4 has a lot of foundation behind it. The fact that it was leaked extremely early on and that the two additional treatments that John wrote were for Titans of Terror (not planned from the beginning) to replace The Conjuring, and a version of AHS that was all Roanoke. That facade remained quite a mystery for a while until I spotted it on an episode of Face Off guest starring Jason Blum which provides us with the "maybe Jason saw the house and liked the look of it so much he decided to use it for an upcoming movie" speculation. And there's been quite a few spottings of Insidious props spotted inside of the maze like the fence that goes in darth maul demon's lair. 

What you're doing with IT is ignoring the past months of speculation just because you want that movie to come. I'd love for IT to come this year, but it's not happening.

You say there's holes to our logic of Insidious and that we're married to the leaked lineup. Well look at the leaked lineup, look at our announcements. The Shining, American Horror Story: Roanoke (the lineup even called that it would only be based on Roanoke), Ash vs. Evil Dead (was always based on the show, leak just was misinformed), Titans of Terror (misinformation was wide spread by John to the suspected leakers so nobody except JonaMar got the leak right, but it was originally The Conjuring, which the leak did get right), and Titans of Terror Tram. There's a REASON we're married to this lineup. Because it's right!

I'm done arguing my point. The only true thing that's gonna settle this is when John announces Insidious ch. 4 as codename Writer's Block in the JP Queue. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

IT won't be happening this year. We are quick to dismiss it because we know what we're talking about. King does NOT want his properties featured at HHN and it's actually not speculation. The Shining announcement was delayed in May because of the leak from the travel agency that had The Shining. It pissed King off so they had to delay the announcement to figure things out legally, this was confirmed by people over in orlando who have inside sources. 

Why are you so against the leaked lineup? What evidence have you seen that could lead you to believe that it is incorrect? 

The connection for Writer's Block has nothing to do with actual writer's block and only deals with the fully blacked out letter, which only refers to N since that's the only one that's completely blacked out. 

John is a carny, but he's not carny enough to invest time and money into construction just to throw us off. The facade that has been constructed is the facade for the JP queue maze, not an elaborate rouse. 

The whole "why would John do a maze based on a movie he hasn't seen?" Thing provides no solid platform as a question. Why did he do Crimson Peak, why did he do Dracula Untold? Why is he doing jigsaw? 

Theres a difference between speculation and pulling something out of thin air. The speculation of Insidious ch. 4 has a lot of foundation behind it. The fact that it was leaked extremely early on and that the two additional treatments that John wrote were for Titans of Terror (not planned from the beginning) to replace The Conjuring, and a version of AHS that was all Roanoke. That facade remained quite a mystery for a while until I spotted it on an episode of Face Off guest starring Jason Blum which provides us with the "maybe Jason saw the house and liked the look of it so much he decided to use it for an upcoming movie" speculation. And there's been quite a few spottings of Insidious props spotted inside of the maze like the fence that goes in darth maul demon's lair. 

What you're doing with IT is ignoring the past months of speculation just because you want that movie to come. I'd love for IT to come this year, but it's not happening.

You say there's holes to our logic of Insidious and that we're married to the leaked lineup. Well look at the leaked lineup, look at our announcements. The Shining, American Horror Story: Roanoke (the lineup even called that it would only be based on Roanoke), Ash vs. Evil Dead (was always based on the show, leak just was misinformed), Titans of Terror (misinformation was wide spread by John to the suspected leakers so nobody except JonaMar got the leak right, but it was originally The Conjuring, which the leak did get right), and Titans of Terror Tram. There's a REASON we're married to this lineup. Because it's right!

I'm done arguing my point. The only true thing that's gonna settle this is when John announces Insidious ch. 4 as codename Writer's Block in the JP Queue. 

I'm not against what has been leaked but I don't necessarily trust it either. You've even stated that some of it was deliberate misinformation so why are you so sure it's correct? The speculation hasn't been completely accurate either. Remember the Black Eyed Children nonsense? The clues seem to point to it is all I said. I've heard King would never sanction anything based upon his IP on this board and that's apparently been totally disproven with 'The Shining' and now this 'It Experience' so unless you've got real inside information and can verify what it is going to be you're guessing like the rest of us.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

I'm not against what has been leaked but I don't necessarily trust it either. You've even stated that some of it was deliberate misinformation so why are you so sure it's correct? The speculation hasn't been completely accurate either. Remember the Black Eyed Children nonsense? The clues seem to point to it is all I said. I've heard King would never sanction anything based upon his IP on this board and that's apparently been totally disproven with 'The Shining' and now this 'It Experience' so unless you've got real inside information and can verify what it is going to be you're guessing like the rest of us.

This version of The Shining is NOT. KING'S. It's Kubrick, King has no ownership over the movie because he sold the movie rights to the Kubrick Estate. I bet 100% they didn't even talk to him.

35 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

The black eyed children nonsense is for Orlando not Hollywood. 

What clues point to IT? Writer's Block doesn't point to IT. The leaked lineup says no IT. So I'm curious as to how you all of a sudden decided IT was the best fit. 

John even said that he didn't work with King in the deal for The Shining. He was asked when The Shining was first announced how he got King's approval for the maze. John's response was "I didn't". He worked with Warner brothers and the Kubrick Estate. 

I'm sure that the leaked lineup is right because it's been confirmed by multiple people with sources to be true. The deliberate misinformation was only given for Titans of Terror, no other maze was treated that way. 

I have heard from someone on the inside that Insidious ch. 4 is our JP maze, HHNManics heard the same thing from a different person, and other people with sources heard the same thing. So while YOU may be guessing, the rest of us are set on Insidious.

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

The black eyed children nonsense is for Orlando not Hollywood. 

What clues point to IT? Writer's Block doesn't point to IT. The leaked lineup says no IT. So I'm curious as to how you all of a sudden decided IT was the best fit. 

John even said that he didn't work with King in the deal for The Shining. He was asked when The Shining was first announced how he got King's approval for the maze. John's response was "I didn't". He worked with Warner brothers and the Kubrick Estate. 

I'm sure that the leaked lineup is right because it's been confirmed by multiple people with sources to be true. The deliberate misinformation was only given for Titans of Terror, no other maze was treated that way. 

I have heard from someone on the inside that Insidious ch. 4 is our JP maze, HHNManics heard the same thing from a different person, and other people with sources heard the same thing. So while YOU may be guessing, the rest of us are set on Insidious.

I was talking about Orlando. We know Hollowood isn't getting it. 

4 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

I was talking about Orlando. We know Hollowood isn't getting it. 

They didn't get Stephen Kings approval for The Shining; hence why it's being atvertised as Stanley Kubrick's The Shining

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wow said:

They didn't get Stephen Kings approval for The Shining; hence why it's being atvertised as Stanley Kubrick's The Shining

Another reason could be that they want people to know it's from that film specifically? The tone in all three different versions is different, so they probably want people to know it's the 1980s film exclusively. If they ever did 'Psycho', they'd probably say "Alfred Hitchcock's 'Psycho'.

Film rights are an interesting ground. Warner Bros. hold the rights to 'The Shining', but they also hold the rights to 'It', otherwise they couldn't make the film. A deal could have been made between studios being that Warner Bros. really wants haunts made on their films but they don't have the means to do it themselves (save for the parks they have in Germany and Australia), but I don't think they're as high traffic as Universal is. 

I'm still entertaining the idea 'It' is coming. Whether in JP Queue with Georgie's house as the facade (makes sense story-wise), or in the Parisian Courtyard with Neibolt St as the facade. 

I just find it weird because the facade for Insidious Chapter 4 does NOT look like a NM house. It's looks like something from the East Coast or up north. I'm from Phoenix and typically we don't have that sort of brick for houses in the southwest. I'm not sure but it just rings as odd to me. I'm not saying it's "It" and I can't really provide any alternatives but it just looks weird to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheev4Senate said:

I just find it weird because the facade for Insidious Chapter 4 does NOT look like a NM house. It's looks like something from the East Coast or up north. I'm from Phoenix and typically we don't have that sort of brick for houses in the southwest. I'm not sure but it just rings as odd to me. I'm not saying it's "It" and I can't really provide any alternatives but it just looks weird to me.

So you're saying it's not Insidious, that leaves one option... it's treason then. Ever since I saw your name I've wanted to make a Palpatine joke but I haven't been able to make one until now. 

The facade is interesting because its not from any horror movie that currently exits or else somebody would have found it by now. The only place it's been seen is on the episode of Face Off with Jason Blum. To me that's the biggest piece of evidence of it pointing towards Insidious since Jason could have seen the episode while they were in pre production for Insidious ch. 4 and decided to use the house since he liked the aesthetic of it. The house definitely gives off an Insidious vibe. There was also a photo posted on twitter from someone in the crew of Insidious ch. 4 that showed where they were filming and it looked very similar to the oil fields where the house is located