HHN 2017 Speculation

9 minutes ago, Kurseddragon said:

Wait so Hollywood gets nothing from TrT?

Correct. We're instead getting an ORIGINAL "Halloween" themed zone. Honestly, its not a big deal. They'd probably rather wait for the sequel to come out (hopefully next year) & do a maze for it instead.

And to be fair, this year's SZ is just "The Skoolhouse 2.0" (well 3.0 if you count 2012's Traditionals), only this time they get to use "Sam". The ONLY thing i'd complain about, is the serious lack of jack-o-lanterns we'll probably see in our Upper Lot scarezone that is "Hell-O-Ween".

1 minute ago, WESKER69 said:

Correct. We're instead getting an ORIGINAL "Halloween" themed zone instead. Honestly, its not a big deal. They'd probably rather wait for the sequel to come out (hopefully next year) & do a maze for it instead.

And to be fair, this year's SZ is just "The Skoolhouse 2.0" (well 3.0 if you count 2012's Traditionals), only this time they get to use "Sam". The ONLY thing i'd complain about, is the serious lack of jack-o-lanterns we'll probably see in our Upper Lot scarezone that is "Hell-O-Ween".

I'm gonna hold off being disappointed just on the off-chance that I work again next year and that I'll be cast as Sam... Also the fact that I might not even be able to visit this year.

Otherwise I'mma be more disappointed than my entire 2015 working experience.

Also that sounds like a very minimal efficiency use of Sam/TrT franchise in general.

And thats why I'm amused at everyone "OMGZ-ing" over the TrT scarezone. Its just the 2008 scarezone with less jack-o-lanterns & more ghosts/"front doors". I'm sure it will be a great scarezone, but the theme should almost ALWAYS be part of HHN (on both coasts). But whatever... at least Hollywood has its own SZ... hopefully it doesnt suck lol

On 8/10/2017 at 9:07 AM, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Nope. Hell-o-ween is traditional Halloween theme, toxic tunnel is radioactive Tunnel workers, and Urban Inferno is hell on earth 

When I watched Murdy's presentation the spread of characters in fact shows two white bloody clowns. Just saying. :)

So yes the marketing & announcements have sucked tremendously on both coasts this year.... BUT I noticed something odd about this year as well. The HHN facebook page hasn't posted/shared announcement artwork for each maze announcement like they used to do every year. On top of that, their cover photo is STILL AHS.

Its very underwhelming. It crossed my mind anytime I see a past maze announcement in the "on this day" section.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kurseddragon said:

I'm gonna hold off being disappointed just on the off-chance that I work again next year and that I'll be cast as Sam... Also the fact that I might not even be able to visit this year.

Otherwise I'mma be more disappointed than my entire 2015 working experience.

Also that sounds like a very minimal efficiency use of Sam/TrT franchise in general.

I must be missing something, what's the "Sam" franchise? 

6 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

I must be missing something, what's the "Sam" franchise? 

Sam is the creepy little pumpkin-head potato sack-wearing trick-or-treator demon embodiment of all things Halloween.... as seen in the film "Trick 'R' Treat" which Universal Orlando loosely based a scarezone on in 2008 & is once again doing this year, only more "inspired by" (and using the IP name & character "Sam")

6 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

So yes the marketing & announcements have sucked tremendously on both coasts this year.... BUT I noticed something odd about this year as well. The HHN facebook page hasn't posted/shared announcement artwork for each maze announcement like they used to do every year. On top of that, their cover photo is STILL AHS.

Its very underwhelming. It crossed my mind anytime I see a past maze announcement in the "on this day" section.

I think marketing for Hollywood has been good this year solely because of Mr. Murdy. There's been a lot of missed opportunities for announcements but that's been due to the rights holders(Conjuring incident, Ash vs Evil Dead delayed announcement), but I think Universal's handled it well. I'm just glad we don't have Orlando's marketing team, the word "soon" would be a pain in the a** if we had to hear it for two consecutive months

1 hour ago, wow said:

I think marketing for Hollywood has been good this year solely because of Mr. Murdy.

^Murdy is not marketing. And no.. Universal has not handled anything well this year at all & the ONLY missed opportunity they had for an announcement was SAW at SDCC. Also, you completely missed the point of my  post entirely because I said the marketing was terrible (which it is & has been).

The HHN facebook page has been DEAD except for when an announcement video has been released. They haven't changed their cover photo to match (and promote) the newest maze announcement when it happens, its still AHS. We also haven't gotten the maze artwork/logo announcement images either (which can catch people's attention when seen in the newsfeed more than a video). This is simple social media marketing that would/should not be affected since... you know.. we still got the announcements.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

^Murdy is not marketing. And no.. Universal has not handled anything well this year at all & the ONLY missed opportunity they had for an announcement was SAW at SDCC. Also, you completely missed the point of my  post entirely because I said the marketing was terrible (which it is & has been).

The HHN facebook page has been DEAD except for when an announcement video has been released. They haven't changed their cover photo to match (and promote) the newest maze announcement when it happens, its still AHS. We also haven't gotten the maze artwork/logo announcement images either (which can catch people's attention when seen in the newsfeed more than a video). This is simple social media marketing that would/should not be affected since... you know.. we still got the announcements.

Agreed! From someone hoping to work in special events in the future, I know that a good marketing plan is key. But we all know this, I mean look at the stellar wave of announcements and art for 2016. That year was iconic and feel free to disagree, but I feel like the marketing for that year showed the quality of the event as a whole. I'll stay hopeful but I can feel the chaos behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

^For those that haven't guessed... this green-screen axe pic (from HHN's twitter) is for "The Shining", which Murdy was filming a lot of video elements today. Also was doing video stuff for an unnanounced maze as well.

what scene do you think there's gonna be a hologram jack?

18 minutes ago, MomoChinchi said:

The disemboweled scenes caught me off guard lol. Those will be crazy to see lol

Nothing we haven't already seen before.... Murdy is a gore whore. It will be an "ew gross" & "meh" experience. Gore doesn't = scary. Its just a shock value gimmick that is just unnecessary. Most of the time, it will be an excuse to spray guests with water. :rolleyes:<_<

I feel like AHS Roanoke is gonna be house of the year(either this, Blumhouse, or ToT) because of how much content there is and how good the content is. The woods and Polk scenes alone should be terrifying; that farmhouse facade is gonna be amazing to see in person

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

since there's not alot of new news i made a game, try and make a maze layout for this years houses, if this is too hard post what rooms you want to see in this years houses

i also made some fake taglines for the mazes
shining - black walls everywhere
saw - water spray the maze
blumhouse - the tooth fairy's and j.k Simmons revenge
titans of terror - the conjur oh wait we don't have the rights, hey at least we didn't replace it with fear the walking dead
insidious chapter 4 - we're 4 months behind
ash vs evil dead - hey at least you got the classic evil dead

1 hour ago, wow said:

I feel like AHS Roanoke is gonna be house of the year(either this, Blumhouse, or ToT) because of how much content there is and how good the content is. The woods and Polk scenes alone should be terrifying; that farmhouse facade is gonna be amazing to see in person

as much as i want to say it'll probably be the shining, i cant help but feel that AHS Roanoke might be the best. If i'm being honest Roanoke is one of my favorite seasons of AHS, its definitely not the best, but the fact that it did something different and was actually kinda scary in parts puts it up there for me, and i'm even more hype for the maze considering john said there's a surprise ending that we wont expect. (i guess technically all the mazes have surprise endings since we don't know whats in them, but john made it a thing to announce  that this maze specifically would have a twist ending.)

4 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Nothing we haven't already seen before.... Murdy is a gore whore. It will be an "ew gross" & "meh" experience. Gore doesn't = scary. Its just a shock value gimmick that is just unnecessary. Most of the time, it will be an excuse to spray guests with water. :rolleyes:<_<

I agree lol. I just think it'll be crazy to see in person. Like I remember the Black Sabbath 3D maze was pretty gory and I hate that lol. But yeah I know the Polks will scare me and piggy guy. This maze has so much to work with!

5 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

What would you want in a maze that you think would actually scare the shit out of you? 

2 hours ago, JonaMar said:

What would you want in a maze that you think would actually scare the shit out of you? 

Scareactors with epic timing.... which I've gotten to see the past 3 years (for the most part) since I moved out here, especially last year...

HHN should be trying to be more innovative & experimenting. Its stuck in its gimmicky old ways (most of that is due to Murdy). Orlando suffers the same thing, but it has at least tried new scare tactics & effects. Other haunts take it to the next level. I've been attending the event for 12 years, so I have no issue with pointing out its weaknesses, while also praising it where it deserves. If I'm hard on the event, its because I know it can do better.

• Like 3