HHN 2017 Speculation

11 minutes ago, wow said:

To be fair, Charles & The Big Chill were pretty easy codenames to solve too. I trust you a lot so I'm also torn on this. On one hand, Insidious props were seen outside of the maze so SOMETHING in JP has to reuse that. Also, the facade doesn't connect to anything in IT at all. I would love for IT to come, but it wouldn't make much sense with the next film coming out next year; they would have much more content to work with by then. Additionally, with Blumhouse & Jigsaw basically confirmed by either sources or their facades; wouldn't Insidious make more sense? John wrote 2 extra mazes, one being AHS: Asylum, Coven, & Roanoke, and one for ToT. Going off the leaked lineup and what John has said, the only property replaced was The Conjuring, which would mean Insidious would still be there. Writer's Block/JP will most likely be announced next week(since Jigsaw is rumored to be announced this week) so we should know by next week who ends up being right. 

There's a facebook page (several infact) for scareactors and basically, everyone said that the JP queue is 100% guaranteed to be Insidious.

8 minutes ago, wow said:

Blumhouse: Rumored to have 5 properties and be in PC, said properties are The Purge, Ouija, Split, Sinister, and Get Out. If I had to guess Purge is the finale and Split will be the shortest section.

Now, the ONLY way I see IT coming to HHN this year, would be if it's in Parisian Courtyard. But I don't know about that. I feel that the maze ending in a purge gauntlet would be superb and is also why I think that you're spot on. But at the same time, an IT maze would be absolutely killer. But if I'm not wrong (and I usually am) I vaguely remember hearing that Murdy said "no clowns" this year. But I didn't get that from him directly (via twitter or the interwebs). 

BUT. Pennywise isn't a clown per se, so he could be trolling real hard. 

1 minute ago, bendelthegreat said:

Random question; when you audition do you get a say which maze you end up in? Or is it based on whichever you're most suited for? (so if you're under 5 ft and male, they'd put you in AHS no questions asked)

No, not when you audition. Scare actors find out their roles on orientation day which is when we get fitted. People with speaking roles e.g. the lady at the beginning of TCM maze last year are cast separately. So that'd be done through an acting agency where they ask for a person with a specific look and you audition for that role only. Maze hosts however, get to choose when they go in to interview which maze they want to work at and are given offers. If you're tall, you're more likely to end up playing a nice tall character (usually a titan like Michael, Jason, or Leather face) all three of these characters were portrayed by actors over 6 feet tall.

Feel free to send any Scareactor related questions or behind the scenes operation questions my way. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

There's a facebook page (several infact) for scareactors and basically, everyone said that the JP queue is 100% guaranteed to be Insidious.

Now, the ONLY way I see IT coming to HHN this year, would be if it's in Parisian Courtyard. But I don't know about that. I feel that the maze ending in a purge gauntlet would be superb and is also why I think that you're spot on. But at the same time, an IT maze would be absolutely killer. But if I'm not wrong (and I usually am) I vaguely remember hearing that Murdy said "no clowns" this year. But I didn't get that from him directly (via twitter or the interwebs). 

He did in fact say no clowns, not pertaining to the mazes though. That would've been too obvious. I don't think he'll just flat out say IT isn't coming until there's official confirmation that there's no IT. The no clowns answer was in response to Joe (the one who posts about the scarezones quite a bit), he asked john what themes would be for the scarezones and I'm guessing that John caught onto his love for clowns and just preemptively told him "no clowns". I found that quite funny because he didn't even need to ask about clowns, John just knew 

If IT was coming this year, I think it would've been announced earlier in the season. People are begging for IT on twitter, they could've made that maze a HUGE marketing priority if it was coming because that would draw in a crazy amount of crowds. The only way I see IT happening this year is that they're lying about 8 mazes and there's actually a 9th maze being constructed somewhere guests can't see and it's IT, which isn't likely because there's nowhere left to put a maze

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

If IT was coming this year, I think it would've been announced earlier in the season. People are begging for IT on twitter, they could've made that maze a HUGE marketing priority if it was coming because that would draw in a crazy amount of crowds. The only way I see IT happening this year is that they're lying about 8 mazes and there's actually a 9th maze being constructed somewhere guests can't see and it's IT, which isn't likely because there's nowhere left to put a maze

Oh boy, you'd be surprised if you saw how much space they have and where they could put a ninth maze. The PR for the movie would be stupid big if they did that, but having worked for Universal in the past I can safely say, they aren't that smart. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

No, not when you audition. Scare actors find out their roles on orientation day which is when we get fitted. People with speaking roles e.g. the lady at the beginning of TCM maze last year are cast separately. So that'd be done through an acting agency where they ask for a person with a specific look and you audition for that role only. Maze hosts however, get to choose when they go in to interview which maze they want to work at and are given offers. If you're tall, you're more likely to end up playing a nice tall character (usually a titan like Michael, Jason, or Leather face) all three of these characters were portrayed by actors over 6 feet tall.

Feel free to send any Scareactor related questions or behind the scenes operation questions my way. 

Wait, so if you go to audition you can't get a speaking role? Just creatures/monsters? And how do you apply for maze host? 

I have ate way too many questions to fit here, should a new forum be started? That way we can get updates throughout the season of how it goes behind the scenes? 

Just so you guys know I've heard rumors about IT coming in 2018, I know it's too early but we already know some properties that could come(if you're curious the others are AHS guaranteed, Twin Peaks(not sure how that'd work), and The Conjuring)

Quick question but do Hollywood scareactors know which maze they're working for by the property name or a codename? Orlandos workers are told a codenames so I'm wondering how Hollywood does it.

Edited by wow

That also has me thinking though. My inside lead said that both Insidious and IT were on the promo Poster so that means one of a few things. 

1. They're lying.

3. None of my sources know what they're talking about and the blumhouse/insidious/IT speculation will rage on until september 12th.

2. They're not lying and both mazes are coming this year. But that means one of a few things too.

A. It's where blumhouse is

a.Unlikely 

B.There's a ninth maze and we're all being dicked around by the greatest facade that Universal has ever pulled. 

a.Even more unlikely. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JonaMar said:

That also has me thinking though. My inside lead said that both Insidious and IT were on the promo Poster so that means one of a few things. 

1. They're lying.

3. None of my sources know what they're talking about and the blumhouse/insidious/IT speculation will rage on until september 12th.

2. They're not lying and both mazes are coming this year. But that means one of a few things too.

A. It's where blumhouse is

a.Unlikely 

B.There's a ninth maze and we're all being dicked around by the greatest facade that Universal has ever pulled. 

a.Even more unlikely. 

Did he say Jigsaw was on the promo? He's most likely lying since John has already confirmed 8 mazes and we're certain Jigsaw and Blumhouse are happening

4 minutes ago, bendelthegreat said:

Wait, so if you go to audition you can't get a speaking role? Just creatures/monsters? And how do you apply for maze host? 

I have ate way too many questions to fit here, should a new forum be started? That way we can get updates throughout the season of how it goes behind the scenes? 

You can apply for Maze Host at Universalstudioshollywood.com/jobs. Interviews are being held right now so I would jump on it asap. I also want to mention that Maze Hosts get placed in whatever maze the hiring manager puts them in. I had the option of choice because I'm a maze host veteran.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bendelthegreat said:

From what I gather, no. Unless you go in for orientation and they decide you'd be a better fit as a speaking role. Just creatures/Monsters, this includes any non-speaking role on either the Tram, SZ. or Maze (Chainsawers included).  You apply for mazehost by going to https://ush.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=79641&lang=en.

You can just google "Halloween Horror Nights careers" and a link shall appear. 

5 minutes ago, wow said:

Quick question but do Hollywood scareactors know which maze they're working for by the property name or a codename? Orlandos workers are told a codenames so I'm wondering how Hollywood does it.

They tell us straight up. Maze hosts know the mazes before scare actors as they get hired first and are given options to choose from. Sometimes the options they're given are mazes that have yet to be announced. This is 100% confirminati illuminated btw. 

1 minute ago, plaguexdoctor said:

You can apply for Maze Host at Universalstudioshollywood.com/jobs. Interviews are being held right now so I would jump on it asap. I also want to mention that Maze Hosts get placed in whatever maze the hiring manager puts them in. I had the option of choice because I'm a maze host veteran.

I trust this person with everything they say. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

So in light of all this speculation madness, I messaged 4 different people. One of them is a scareactor and day ops lead, the other is a returning ops supervisor, the last two are returning scare actors. The response I got from the first scare actor was that Insidious, Jigsaw, and blumhouse are what he's heard. The other two scareactos said the same thing. THEN I asked the supervisor, he said that IT was on the official promo poster that hasn't gone live yet. 1. I trust this person more than anyone I've asked. 2. He's the more reputable source who is friends with last year's event coordinator. So I'm pretty torn. On one hand, Insidious makes more sense. but on the other, a supervisor with hella tight connections confirmed IT. I think that what you need to do is provide an argument for why it is IT. I feel like "Nsidious" is too easy in in your face. 

The Thing is... After the lineup was leaked there was misinformation spread around to intentionally confuse people. The Leaked Lineup isn't 100% right as Ash Vs Evil Dead was to be based on the TV Show and was in the Metro Sets instead of 747. It was late March when if leaked so it would be certain that it wouldn't be 100% right. In 2015 when the lineup leaked it was early July and that was right 100% because if wasn't so early like March in July everything is locked. Like we lost the Conjuring.

Anyway back to misinformation when the Conjuring was to get a Replacement the rumor I got was Leatherface which was said to come from someone at the Park. But it wasn't 100% right. It was intentionally misinformation so they can disappoint fans with the rumor so the actual maze can surprise them and make them happy. As for you I believe you are receiving Misinformation about IT. I would love to see IT happen but I was told at the start of the year from 2 different sources IT wouldn't happen. They want people to believe IT is happening so they can Surpise them with Blumhouse.

But you look at the final three Mazes to be announced there is Jigsaw, Insidious, and Blumhouse. Jigsaw was leaked awhile back to be based on the New film only which connects with your info and will be located in 747. The Facade looks like a Warehouse.

Insidious while has been said to be unlikely was confirmed by your sources and mine. There is a lot I know about Insidious and the Maze and the new Film that I can't say. All I can say is the JP Queue is a Very Insidious Maze based on Chapter 4 only.

Finally Blumhouse the biggest rumor. I was actually talking to someone from Blumhouse and they said that they know Blumhouse Mashup is happening. They don't know what will be in it but they know it will happen. There was a leak a month ago about a Leak for the name which is "Blumhouse of Horrors" which is a actually attraction Blumhouse used to do. In the Parisian Courtyard with the Facade resembling a theater walking through Blumhouse films.

5 minutes ago, wow said:

Did he say Jigsaw was on the promo? He's most likely lying since John has already confirmed 8 mazes and we're certain Jigsaw and Blumhouse are happening

He didn't say it was on the promo because I didn't ask. Although I could be mis-remembering and he might've said "they were all on the promo" but he also said he had heard that Jigsaw, Insidious, Blumhouse mashup, and IT were coming to the event. 

3 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

From what I gather, no. Unless you go in for orientation and they decide you'd be a better fit as a speaking role. Just creatures/Monsters, this includes any non-speaking role on either the Tram, SZ. or Maze (Chainsawers included). 

What kind of training goes into chainsawers (and people with weapons in general)? Because they always get crazy close to me and it feels more like a skill than anything to not hit someone during the commotion. 

3 minutes ago, bendelthegreat said:

What kind of training goes into chainsawers (and people with weapons in general)? Because they always get crazy close to me and it feels more like a skill than anything to not hit someone during the commotion. 

This definitely needs a new thread. But I'll answer this one here. I've never used a chainsaw (this is my first year working the event as a scareactor) but I know a lot about the rules and regs of the event. Chainsawers get paid more because hazard pay is a thing. This leads me to believe that yes, they do get extra training TO SOME EXTENT. but I cannot confirm that. You also have to consider that pool is a thing and people that get pulled to use chainsaws might not get training as they're on used on the days they need to be used. The rule is always "never intentionally touch a guest under ANY circumstances" we're not even supposed to catch a guest or assists them if they're in the middle of fainting and hitting the floor. 

4 minutes ago, bendelthegreat said:

When one auditions, they look very closely for people who have great balance. Which is why they do the group scares and tell everyone to let hell break loose. As for chainsaws, you'd have to be a veteran so they can trust you with being in the brigade and also have prior experience would be needed to operate the darn thing properly.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, wow said:

Since they haven't been announced yet, here's some speculation on each of the houses;

Blumhouse: Rumored to have 5 properties and be in PC, said properties are The Purge, Ouija, Split, Sinister, and Get Out. If I had to guess Purge is the finale and Split will be the shortest section.

Jigsaw: Rumored to be another Saw mashup but with Jigsaw stuff too. 

Insidious: Solely Chapter 4, expect to be confused by some stuff and see the Lipstick Face Demon, as his lair's fence from 2013 & 2015's mazes were spotted outside the maze.

It(if it happens): Probably just be Pennywise and some of the children's fears, basement scene would probably be in there too

I see a lot of people saying split is gonna be in the maze, but out of all the properties i reaaaaallly hope it doesnt. I get that the end is sort of scary but theres really not that much maze material.

56 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

I hope Get Out isn't in blumhouse. I should really watch Sinister (like actually and not just keep putting it off). I thought that Get Out was a fantastic movie, but I don't see white people being the best antagonists for a maze. 

I hope Get Out is in the maze. I think it'd be really cool to see some scenes from the end of the movie and having a section like the end of Halloween 2 last year, except its in the sunken place.

On 8/7/2017 at 2:23 PM, zombieman said:

This year may be be a genuinely good night to go, unless they find some way to make it full capacity (imagine if they made it a free night for season pass holders).

Why would this year be different, given it's a tuesday....

On 8/7/2017 at 5:29 PM, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

As a scareactor, I find Halloween to be the best night because that's when every guest who is there are the people who really wanted to go on Halloween and get scared on that specific day. It seems like it's more of a special thing for the majority of the Halloween crowd then with other crowds (this isn't always the case or a hard rule, I just noticed the vibe of the crowd has always been very different on Halloween night. Significantly less drunken fools and immature guests poking at the scare actors) I always have more fun and am much more willing (being in a scarezone with more freedom) to go the extra mile and put on more of a show when I notice a guest is really enjoying the event. I always try to give each night everything I've got until I'm almost limping to the car at the end of the night, but when you have good encouraging and enthusiastic guests, it gives you more energy and pushes you harder. 

Ohhhh, we need a secret handshake then! What maze will you be in, or are you allowed to say that?

30 minutes ago, dykealiscious said:

Why would this year be different, given it's a tuesday....

Ohhhh, we need a secret handshake then! What maze will you be in, or are you allowed to say that?

I don't know yet but I have my fingers crossed for a chainsaw position. I got bumped up to one last year so I'm hoping I impressed enough to get one again.

9 hours ago, JonaMar said:

This definitely needs a new thread. But I'll answer this one here. I've never used a chainsaw (this is my first year working the event as a scareactor) but I know a lot about the rules and regs of the event. Chainsawers get paid more because hazard pay is a thing. This leads me to believe that yes, they do get extra training TO SOME EXTENT. but I cannot confirm that. You also have to consider that pool is a thing and people that get pulled to use chainsaws might not get training as they're on used on the days they need to be used. The rule is always "never intentionally touch a guest under ANY circumstances" we're not even supposed to catch a guest or assists them if they're in the middle of fainting and hitting the floor. 

I did have a chainsaw last year so I can add on. Chainsaws don't get paid more actually, same rate as normal scareactors. You go through a 2-4 hour training session where they explain all of the workings of the saw and how to properly and safely use it then you run some training simulations as though your surrounded by guests so they make sure you can use it properly and safely. They are extremely strict with their saws because if one person were to mess up or injure a guest the park officials could freak out and say no more chainsaws ever (like how we lost the enterance carnival barker cause somewas offended or whatever happened). Select pool performers do go through thr same saw training as saw performers and as more pool is added during the run they will hold more saw training sessions. Also not every saw is on brigade. I wasn't last year but I was asked to join brigade for one night, the most fun I've ever had and the most difficult thing I've ever done for horror nights.

the one other thing about the saws that people don't generally realize, is that even though they aren't too heavy (10-15 pounds), it is incredible how much it hurts your hands and wrists carrying a vibrating weight for 6 hours straight. most of the performers have to entirely tape their hands and wrists each night. I know I was massaging my hands everyday and everytime I wasn't working to relax my muscles, but as long as you take care of yourself there's no long term injury and it's a very VERY fun time.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

He did in fact say no clowns, not pertaining to the mazes though. That would've been too obvious. I don't think he'll just flat out say IT isn't coming until there's official confirmation that there's no IT. The no clowns answer was in response to Joe (the one who posts about the scarezones quite a bit), he asked john what themes would be for the scarezones and I'm guessing that John caught onto his love for clowns and just preemptively told him "no clowns". I found that quite funny because he didn't even need to ask about clowns, John just knew 

But the scare zones have clownlike critters if I remember correctly.

58 minutes ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

They are extremely strict with their saws because if one person were to mess up or injure a guest the park officials could freak out and say no more chainsaws ever (like how we lost the enterance carnival barker cause somewas offended or whatever happened).

No way! I was wondering what happened to that role! I kinda just figured it couldn't fit the theme, but seeing as we also lost 'Bill and Ted' for a pretty absurd reason too, I guess it makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, bendelthegreat said:

No way! I was wondering what happened to that role! I kinda just figured it couldn't fit the theme, but seeing as we also lost 'Bill and Ted' for a pretty absurd reason too, I guess it makes sense. 

I was there the night the incident happened. The Purge Auctioneer called girls "Slut 1 and Slut 2" and they got offended so they sued. Granted that can definitely be seen as offensive, but it was just a person playing a part

Also, anybody else have John's twitter notifications on and get excited when you feel your phone buzz and see that @HorrorNights tweeted but it has nothing about something wicked coming this way 

2 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Nope. Hell-o-ween is traditional Halloween theme, toxic tunnel is radioactive Tunnel workers, and Urban Inferno is hell on earth 

Not going to lie, I kinda want to be in tunnel this year, I worked it as a lead last year and it was hell on earth for everyone involved, but they get a really awesome, secluded breakroom. 

2 hours ago, bendelthegreat said:

What were they (if anyone has any pictures that'd be pretty cool) my first year going to HHN was 2015 but I didn't get to see much since I was also working the event. 

6 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

Not going to lie, I kinda want to be in tunnel this year, I worked it as a lead last year and it was hell on earth for everyone involved, but they get a really awesome, secluded breakroom

Scarezone 1's breakroom at the MCB is the best hands down in my opinion. Has showers and lockers and a makeup room with outlets and everything as wel as couches and tvs.