HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

21 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

The end result wasn't terrible but it felt like a retread and I didn't even do the original. If someone who has done the original could chime in I'd appreciate it but while it was cool it didn't blow me away. I'd rather the house slot be something new or a twist on an old concept. 

Huh?  You never did the original, but felt this was a retread?  And you'd prefer a "twist on an old concept"  which is exactly what Ghost town was last year?  Sorry, but your comment doesn't make any sense.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Huh?  You never did the original, but felt this was a retread?  And you'd prefer a "twist on an old concept"  which is exactly what Ghost town was last year?  Sorry, but your comment doesn't make any sense.  

My mistake in explaining - what I mean is that they've done a great job adding to the lore when there's a sequel. Nightengales or Gothic are examples of houses I regret not getting to see but I don't think I (or anyone else) would want them to do exact clones just to add to the house count. Ghost Town wasn't so much an old setting or characters with a "twist" but rather as they described a reboot-sequel.

On the 25th Anniversary they took past properties and either expanded on them (Run) or combined them (Body Collectors). This year it sounds like they're going to expand upon Gothic and I'm really excited! The end result of a sequel is a whole new experience with the benefit of newcomers getting to see these creatures or places I've heard or read about without stifling the creative process that puts HHN above the rest

Either do a mash-up or take the original and bring "modern haunt technology" into it.

Honest to God I think the difficult part the Creative team has now adays is they go too much for 'theatrics' instead of the actual haunt. Look at Screamhouse from 12:

It was NOT blaringly loud, you had some space between the person in front of you, it relied on a roller coaster of anticipation (loud...quiet...medium...quiet...loud). 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Either do a mash-up or take the original and bring "modern haunt technology" into it.

Honest to God I think the difficult part the Creative team has now adays is they go too much for 'theatrics' instead of the actual haunt. Look at Screamhouse from 12:

It was NOT blaringly loud, you had some space between the person in front of you, it relied on a roller coaster of anticipation (loud...quiet...medium...quiet...loud). 

As someone who didn't start attending until 24, I don't get the same feeling from that video you posted. There is always a guest right in front of the person filming. Heck, even now it's very possible to go into a house with nobody in front or behind you. I did it multiple times at 25 and a few times during 26. Even when they start you off single file, most of the time halfway through the house, your not right on top of other people.  Also, it seems just as loud throughout the whole video as it does for most of the newer houses. Ghost town had quite a few areas of quite that stand out, but nearly every house had it's quite areas.

I feel like you look back on the event, back when you were younger and things like crowds and loud noises didn't really bother you or even notice to much. Not calling you old by any means, but i'm sure every year had it's flaws. There will never, and can never be, a perfect HHN event. 

• Like 7

It's definitely still possible to experience the house with no one in front of you. You just have to hold back a bit from the conga line. The best is when you can time it so there's no one in front of you OR behind you. I went through Krampus and Chance's house a few times like that and it was so much fun! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badge said:

As someone who didn't start attending until 24, I don't get the same feeling from that video you posted. There is always a guest right in front of the person filming. Heck, even now it's very possible to go into a house with nobody in front or behind you. I did it multiple times at 25 and a few times during 26. Even when they start you off single file, most of the time halfway through the house, your not right on top of other people.  Also, it seems just as loud throughout the whole video as it does for most of the newer houses. Ghost town had quite a few areas of quite that stand out, but nearly every house had it's quite areas.

I feel like you look back on the event, back when you were younger and things like crowds and loud noises didn't really bother you or even notice to much. Not calling you old by any means, but i'm sure every year had it's flaws. There will never, and can never be, a perfect HHN event. 

Yes yes yes. If anything the quality of house videos has gotten WAY better.

There were many, many people that (at the time, at least) HATED 14-17, saying things pretty similar to the things he posts--"HHN used to be the best Halloween event but is now a sad shell of its former self!" was a statement I heard regularly as a lurker 10+ years ago. If the Vault were still around, it would be surprising to see how negative some of the reviews for those years were.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Yes yes yes. If anything the quality of house videos has gotten WAY better.

There were many, many people that (at the time, at least) HATED 14-17, saying things pretty similar to the things he posts--"HHN used to be the best Halloween event but is now a sad shell of its former self!" was a statement I heard regularly as a lurker 10+ years ago. If the Vault were still around, it would be surprising to see how negative some of the reviews for those years were.

Amen. I remember after 17 there were lots of people dogging on the event because of the lack of elaborate scarezones and saying that the event as a whole was a bust. Fast forward ten years later and it is regarded as one of the best years. 

I'll just leave this here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_retrospection

kq6O9zk.png

I saw this car driving down I-drive the other day while headed to work. Pulling up next to the car I see the driver was wearing a glasses and a horror nights polo. Thinking nothing of it he passes in front of me and I notice the license plate. 

HHN S07. (Expiration on the plate is 12-17 if you're wondering, can provide larger photo if needed)

That of course being in relation to Walking Dead S07 that finished its run earlier this year. While this may relate AHS S07 that premieres this year, I doubt this type of advertising would be used for maybe an easter egg or preview within the house for Season 7. 

If not walking dead (though highly probable), what could S07 mean?

10 minutes ago, Frogger said:

kq6O9zk.png

I saw this car driving down I-drive the other day while headed to work. Pulling up next to the car I see the driver was wearing a glasses and a horror nights polo. Thinking nothing of it he passes in front of me and I notice the license plate. 

HHN S07. (Expiration on the plate is 12-17 if you're wondering, can provide larger photo if needed)

That of course being in relation to Walking Dead S07 that finished its run earlier this year. While this may relate AHS S07 that premieres this year, I doubt this type of advertising would be used for maybe an easter egg or preview within the house for Season 7. 

I've seen this car too actually... Except it was on Universal Blvd. heading toward Portofino.

I didn't think anything of it before, but if the car is driving the same route often that is rather peculiar..

Though if we saw it the same day that might just be coincidence. I saw it on Friday afternoon. Was this close to the same time you did?

• Like 1

Just now, Halcyon said:

I've seen this car too actually... Except it was on Universal Blvd. heading toward Portofino.

I didn't think anything of it before, but if the car is driving the same route often that is rather peculiar..

Though if we saw it the same day that might just be coincidence. I saw it on Friday afternoon. Was this close to the same time you did?

This past Friday? I was over in the area but didn't see it then. Did you happen to catch a look at the driver?

I was on I-drive this previous Sunday when I happened to see this vehicle with the driver in the HHN polo. Do you live over that way? Maybe you can catch them again. 

4 hours ago, Frogger said:

kq6O9zk.png

Wow, stalk much?  Probably just means been going to / working for HHN Since 2007...or Since VII...or one of 500 million things you wouldn't possibly know.

It's not a hint and certainly nothing you should be stopping the driver for, it's just a fan of the event.  

I don't know Florida license plates, but most states allow up to 8 digits.  If for some insane reason they decided to give hints by employees registered license plates, HHN27TWD or HHN27AHS would both work.

Take off your tinfoil hat and leave this fan or employee in peace.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Wow, stalk much?  Probably just means been going to / working for HHN Since 2007...or Since VII...or one of 500 million things you wouldn't possibly know.

It's not a hint and certainly nothing you should be stopping the driver for, it's just a fan of the event.  

I don't know Florida license plates, but most states allow up to 8 digits.  If for some insane reason they decided to give hints by employees registered license plates, HHN27TWD or HHN27AHS would both work.

Take off your tinfoil hat and leave this fan or employee in peace.

Just to add, Specialty license plates typically do not have the Orange in the middle and if it does the text is written over it.  I have one.

However Florida plates are just 6 digits if they are generic/normal ones.

Edited by blueoktober

6 hours ago, Frogger said:

kq6O9zk.png

I seriously thought this was a Poe/satire. 

Speaking as a TM (but not as a part of the HHN team or for the company, as always)--please don't let your speculation extend into our personal lives. That's....a whole new level of unnecessary. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, PartyCityGhost said:

Hey I'm a first time poster but know a thing or two about this event and this year in particular. Frogger is leading you to a good direction, the license plate should be speculated 

Please don't mean TWD is coming back.  Please don't mean TWD is coming back.  Please don't mean TWD is coming back.  Please don't mean TWD is coming back.  Please don't mean TWD is coming back...

• Like 2

Do you guys think that they'll have the tickets go on sale this week? Last year they went onsale on June 9, 2016 and that's literally in a few days and every year the ticket sales get released early every year. But considering the lack of info and announcements, who knows?

31 minutes ago, SirOwenDisney said:

Yesterday there was a post on UO's Twitter about an HHN Q&A that was postponed until Thursday. An announcement is coming, whether its Icon, House, Full Ticket Prices or a combination of them. 

Worth noting that Chance was announced around this time last year. June 9, to be exact. Thursday will be just a day off.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

I doubt anyone is doing this nor do they care enough.

Seems like it is though, what with creeps twitter-stalking scareactors and what not...

13 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Twitter stalking? Examples?

I'm not going to go looking up examples for you, but there are apparently creeper fans bothering scareactorson twitter, asking them their roles, creeping on them at their non-HHN positions, that sort of thing. The kind of creepy nonsense that should be more unexpected than it is. 

That nonsense with the license plate is just more of it. People just don't respect boundaries.

Edited by Guest
Another thought, trying not to double post. Please don't hurt me.