HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

7 hours ago, Xtine said:

I really think the hints are pointing to using islands for HHN27..

In that case it would be a two-park event (at least sort of)...as sprung 1 & 2, B79, and MIB Queue are up and in some form being worked on.

So really don't think of that being the case here, but maybe i'm way off.

• Like 1

Alright. I'll play, and it's a slow day at work. Here's how I see all the "riddle" tweets matching up with the Excel sheet:

1/19 Tweet 1: Reintroduction to the world

Tweets 2-10 (Blacked out cells): Starts with pining for info, references the "Hollywood List". Continues with a caution about what to believe due to rights issues, then finishes saying that everything might be OK. Basically referencing the Shining/King rumors.

Tweet 11 (Light blue): Introduction to clues

Tweets 12-16 (Dark Blue): These are the "beyond cinematic dreams" and "sister" clues. A lot of "duality" references here (two, twice, bones, stones). Probably pointing to the original mash-up house rumored to be Gothic/Catacombs.

Tweet 17-18: Clarifying that the "she"/"sister" referenced in the clues is probably a place not a person. Probably referring to Carey or Carae. Also says "Stoke by the past", and "flames burn brightest when the tinder's dry". Lends further weight to a throwback house. Possibly the Orfanage in Carey, or the Cathedral from Gothic after they've caught on fire.

Tweet 19 (Dark Blue): The screenshot we received yesterday. Referencing back to the main clue section.

So, basically it sounds like what we really received was Shining speculation in "riddle" form (that we already had), and hints towards the rumored mash-up/throwback house being some combination of two that took place in either Carey Ohio and/or Carae France.

• Like 2

To add on

(1/19) Tweet #1 = Peach, Reintroduction 

Tweet #2-10 = Black, Pinning Info making sure that it's ok with the everything like The Shining and references the list I leaked.

Tweet #11 = Peach, Introduction to Clues

Tweet #12-16 = Blue, Hinting to Catacombs/Gothic Crossover Maze.

Tweet #17-18 = Black, Possibly Hinting at Cindy as comparing her to lofty kin (Father, Caretaker) would be a Sin (One Point to be named SINdy). The Place would be the Orfanage or Islands of Adventure.

(5/16) Tweet #19 = Blue, Possibly Hinting at Cathedral from Gothic after its been on fire as the tweets are blue like 12-16.

Then the tweet from yesterday.

First Black Bar = The Shining

Second Black Bar = Cindy Icon Hints

All of Blue Bar = Catacombs/Gothic Crossover Maze 

Edited by HHNManics

Thanks for doing this! I am have been so swamped but wanted to try to lay out the clues in this order to try to figure it out.. what about today's tweet? 'cottoned' on? What does cotton do with anything?

10 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

In that case it would be a two-park event (at least sort of)...as sprung 1 & 2, B79, and MIB Queue are up and in some form being worked on.

So really don't think of that being the case here, but maybe i'm way off.

ya i wonder about the reality of that. i didn't look into permits or what was being built already so if it seems most of the houses are going into US i guess that rules out islands. I was there the 1st year of the dual park HHN. The scare zones were pretty epic. I would love to see larger and more immersive scare zones like that again. We took a long break between HHNs and going back last year after 15+ years and I was a bit disappointed about the size of the scare zones.

Edited by Xtine

At this rate, I'm probably going to end up buying the Rush of Fear tickets without even knowing at least a little bit of what will actually be at the event. In my opinion, the longer they wait to announce stuff, the less exciting it is to the lead up. It's fun to discuss and watch the movies before attending. No information doesn't increase my hype meter at all. I hope they announce something soon. Like the next few days soon... not a month from now. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

That whole "real, real soon" comment gets on my nerves more and more everyday. 

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing.. so I sent them a tweet with a screenshot of the actual Merriam Webster dictionary definition of "soon".  Feel free to check it out and retweet it to them with your own sarcastic comment.

• Like 1

As usual marketing sucks this year.

The "fans" thinking they're doing a service with these vague tweets are more self-indulgent and annoying than anything.

What is surprising, in my opinion, is how we've never had a construction worker ever leak a picture of house construction this time of the year.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

At this rate, I'm probably going to end up buying the Rush of Fear tickets without even knowing at least a little bit of what will actually be at the event. In my opinion, the longer they wait to announce stuff, the less exciting it is to the lead up. It's fun to discuss and watch the movies before attending. No information doesn't increase my hype meter at all. I hope they announce something soon. Like the next few days soon... not a month from now. 

The worst for watching before hand was AHS being announced last. It wasn't fun to have to watch 3 seasons worth of TV in under 2 months right as school was starting again. For that reason alone I like TV announcements first.

Dual park is not happening FYI. Look at the hours for IOA in October:

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/hours-information/park-hours/index.html#universals-islands-of-adventure

Doesn't close early. AKA it is at Universal only. And before someone says, "Oh they'll just open IOA later for HHN," not going to happen. They aren't going to keep 2 to 4 houses closed until 9PM (8 PM IOA shuts down, 1+ hour to set up like Universal does for HHN).

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/hours-information/park-hours/index.html#universals-islands-of-adventure

Doesn't close early. AKA it is at Universal only. And before someone says, "Oh they'll just open IOA later for HHN," not going to happen. They aren't going to keep 2 to 4 houses closed until 9PM (8 PM IOA shuts down, 1+ hour to set up like Universal does for HHN).

This dual park speculation comes every year.  I never believe it.  Furthermore, no one said anything about any permits at IOA.  This is one of those, I'll believe it when I see it things.  No matter what the rumors are,  you'll never get me to believe two parks.

Another day, another round of silence.  At least Aiello would play a little more when he ran Twitter.  This sucks.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Ya- I think you're right. Doesn't make sense to close down a 2nd park for HHN. The clues fit all into place for that tho!! If they're just hinting at the icon, I don't really care who it is. Not a big deal for me... but I guess maybe for those who have followed the years and characters better. 

Plus do you really think they'll try another female icon? I didn't think Chance pulled it off last year. Maybe it was just her house overshadowing that.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Xtine said:

Plus do you really think they'll try another female icon? I didn't think Chance pulled it off last year. Maybe it was just her house overshadowing that.

Uh oh, do I comment on this topic? Haha.

Chance sucked. Lady Luck sucked. The Storyteller sucked.

Bloody Mary was awesome. Cindy can be cool, I imagine. Terra Queen is a dumb idea but the character is fine for what she was.

Difference between those two are that the top three are humans, the bottom three are not (is Cindy? Not sure. But she seems ghostly).

If they have a female character please do not play up her sexuality, it's stupid as fuck for "horror" stuff. 

Hope to god they do the right thing and return to Caretaker/Usher/Director. 

Side note - with the radio silence this year I'm thinking it's going to be a lackluster year. Fact of the matter is The Shining is a good movie but as a house I'm not that excited. I guarantee Jack's masks will look absolutely awful (as it is the quality of their masks/bodies has gone down tremendously). American Horror Story will actually have cool themes this year but will still be a boring IP house. 

Holy shit, they are really doing it:

54 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Uh oh, do I comment on this topic? Haha.

Chance sucked. Lady Luck sucked. The Storyteller sucked.

Bloody Mary was awesome. Cindy can be cool, I imagine. Terra Queen is a dumb idea but the character is fine for what she was.

Difference between those two are that the top three are humans, the bottom three are not (is Cindy? Not sure. But she seems ghostly).

If they have a female character please do not play up her sexuality, it's stupid as fuck for "horror" stuff. 

Hope to god they do the right thing and return to Caretaker/Usher/Director. 

Side note - with the radio silence this year I'm thinking it's going to be a lackluster year. Fact of the matter is The Shining is a good movie but as a house I'm not that excited. I guarantee Jack's masks will look absolutely awful (as it is the quality of their masks/bodies has gone down tremendously). American Horror Story will actually have cool themes this year but will still be a boring IP house. 

I actually agree with you on the NOT playing up the sexuality.  I totally agree with that statement - stupid as fuck for horror stuff.  YEP.  Bloody Mary wasn't "sexy" at all, and she was SCARY.  Her commercial gives me chills every time I see it even now.

I think The Shining could be a GREAT house.  There is a lot of visual to work with that will have nothing to do with Jack at all.   I will forever disagree with you on AHS.  Last year's version was one of my faves of all time.  They did a TREMENDOUS job with it, and I expect no less this year.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

Apparently my stern tweet did the trick. Thanks for pushing me to do it guys, it takes a village. 

That, and I think they really needed the actual dictionary definition of "soon".  i was glad to be of service

• Like 1

Anyone else cringing at the thought of a Shelley Duvall scare actor all over the house? I don't know, I'm not super pumped about this house. I'm really hoping they don't pull a FvJ with the elevator scene. I'm also calling it now that the scene with the dog in the bedroom will be in there but they're going to do it like how they did Drilldo in the AHS last year; blink and you miss it. 

• Like 1