HHN 2016 Discussion

11 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

Exorcist was really disappointing. =/

Sorry to hear that, though looking at all the tweets/instagrams etc. over the night it's not surprising. It sounds like it went the path of Evil Dead and AWIL.

Edited by Tobias

26 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Sorry to hear that, though looking at all the tweets/instagrams etc. over the night it's not surprising. It sounds like it went the path of Evil Dead and AWIL.

Yeah Im assuming most of the Evil Dead animatronics were reskinned. There were some sound issues with the maze that will get resolved, but there were way to many static figures and the effects looked really bad unfortunately. 

Overall though this was a great year!

32 minutes ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

Arsik, did you get a chance to go through the purge gauntlet? Thoughts?

Unfortunately I didnt have the time to check it out today. We got stuck in AHS line for 30 mins at the very start of the event because the audio wasn't working, so we had to cut out the Gauntlet to fit one more maze in before closing. Ill be going back Friday to check it out. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Arsik for giving your initial input.  It sounds like the event has promise (being that it's in rehearsal mode).  Exorcist may be  a tricky maze; I expect there will be tweaks during the opening weekend.

Mods, can you please add a sub-forum for reviews?  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AsylumSB said:

Thanks, Arsik for giving your initial input.  It sounds like the event has promise (being that it's in rehearsal mode).  Exorcist may be  a tricky maze; I expect there will be tweaks during the opening weekend.

Mods, can you please add a sub-forum for reviews?  Thanks.

Definitely promising, and one of the best years so far. All the slasher icon mazes were really strong and will only get better. AHS will undoubtedly get better as well, and I'm hoping the Exorcist improves too. What surprised me most was how good the scare actors were since usually they need to get in the groove. 

Edited by Arsik_22

22 hours ago, Darkblackrain said:

What were the average maze times? Does any one happen to have the park map? Are the year shirts finally out?

It's just Employee preview you can't judge wait time since you only get in if your media or work for Uni so  I say it's about half a regular night 

also Inside the magic has a video up on YouTube that shows all the merch this year

side note to everyone else I recommend everyone watch ITM's video of Academy of Villains 1000 times better then Jabbawokeez and it's actually horror themed and has good music. 

If anyone would like to check out the opening ceremony, since I know most will do early entry - here you go! 

I'm just starting my Youtube channel out, but I'll definitely be posting more videos including walk throughs, montages, plus a handful of vlogs for both Hollywood and Orlando's HHN event this year. Subscribe/like if you enjoyed the video! Thanks in advance guys! 

• Like 4

Alright guys, I put together a 3 minute preview for this year's event. I only have a few hours of Final Cut experience so I apologize if its not edited well. Enjoy! Subscribe if you'd like more footage. =]

Krampus and Exorcist footage will be posted in the coming days. 

• Like 4

To all scareactors.....we get to thoroughly enjoy this annual event because of your talents and hard work.  I believe you are the heart of Halloween Horror Nights and the reason why we come back every year.  Break-a-leg on opening night and the rest of the event, have fun, and scare well!:leatherface: :zombie: :freddy: :jason: :mmyers:

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Arsik_22 said:

Alright guys, I put together a 3 minute preview for this year's event. I only have a few hours of Final Cut experience so I apologize if its not edited well. Enjoy! Subscribe if you'd like more footage. =]

Krampus and Exorcist footage will be posted in the coming days. 

Great job! What'd you use to shoot this?

This will probably be my last post before I get to see the promised land. I'd figure I make my predictions on how I think the event will go for me. 

My favorite house will either be Texas or Krampus. Everything will be really good/great except Exorcist, which I might hate(also I refuse to include Walking dead here).

For anyone going tonight, I will be wearing the 2015 shirt, will light camo pants, and black socks with pink on the top with white letters spelling golf on the side, with red shoes and maybe a spooderman hat. Look for everything else first. Also I wear glasses, if you see me, come say hi. If anyone wants some pics of the facades or my thoughts on the houses as soon as I leave them, check my Twitter page out @locustgear3

I hope this year is as good as we all hope.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, foodstampsFTW said:

This will probably be my last post before I get to see the promised land. I'd figure I make my predictions on how I think the event will go for me. 

My favorite house will either be Texas or Krampus. Everything will be really good/great except Exorcist, which I might hate(also I refuse to include Walking dead here).

For anyone going tonight, I will be wearing the 2015 shirt, will light camo pants, and black socks with pink on the top with white letters spelling golf on the side, with red shoes and maybe a spooderman hat. Look for everything else first. Also I wear glasses, if you see me, come say hi. If anyone wants some pics of the facades or my thoughts on the houses as soon as I leave them, check my Twitter page out @locustgear3

45 minutes ago, foodstampsFTW said:

I feel like I'm the only one still holding out for The Exorcist. I was talking to a few of the Regans that were in that maze and they said hardly any effects or figures were working and there was supposed to be more scenic added to the transitions. Hopefully it'll improve because I wanna love this maze, I really do.

4 hours ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

If anybody goes tomorrow can you take picture of this year's HHN pins and see if we get any of Orlando's merch as well

Got ya, but I think we do have them but I didn't see any at the store I went to but I wasnt looking for pins

Edited by foodstampsFTW