HHN 2016 Discussion

1 minute ago, DTH316 said:

Because of popular demand! I'm willing to bet because of ratings on top of a lot of people skipping it because of the line, execs will see a reason to repeat it. 

Don't forget.. It's also a Murdy passion project and he usually tries to squeeze a repeat out of his passion projects (New Line Trio, Alice Cooper) etc..

So I just finished Hotel and I am now SO DISAPPOINTED in the AHS maze. That season had enough alone to be a mega maze, but what is in the maze isn't even some of the coolest stuff/environments/kills/characters. I was already disappointed by Murder House's design not feeling as grand as it could, but now Hotel is truly missing the grandeur it should have. Freak Show is the only decent replication of a season. So unfortunate they dropped the ball on this one after all these years.

13 hours ago, DTH316 said:

It's too early but I'll throw it out there now...

Saw: Legacy

American Horror Story: Asylum/Coven/Roanoke

The Exorcist

Trick 'r Treat

The Conjuring/Annabelle

Lights Out

I'll also throw in Insidious Ch. 4 but that might be instead of The Conjuring. Would John choose to do Insidious again instead of something that has so much material and hasn't been done yet? 

Got to experience round two of HHN last night. In addition, I also got to use my behind the scenes tour I won at Midsummer Scream. I went through Texas with Chris Williams and he gave us a really good tour. What's cool is that my eleven year old sister got to go as her first time ever going to HHN. Considering we both started off with a BTS tour with Chris Williams and FoL privilege, I'd say she had an amazing first experience, wouldn't you? :)

So I finally saw Jabawockeez and I liked it better than last year's show. It was nice that they incorporated a little narration and more humor in there. The laser effects were pretty cool. Still prefer Bill and Ted, but this show is adequately entertaining. 

I also finally did TWD during HHN and that was great. I got one really good scare from one of the walkers at the very end as I didn't think that would be used as a scare spot. Not worth an one and a half hour wait, but it was cool to experience it with extra performers. 

I got to do everything except TWD and TCM twice….well, we did the tour, so I guess that kinda counts as twice for TCM? We also got to do Krampus three times because they didn't scan our pass when we went through our second round with the pass. So we took advantage of that and went back for round three. 

The highlight of the night for me was having some tater tot nachos. Hot dang those were good. Definitely the best HHN treat for me. They tasted amazing but the after effects aren't pleasant which is why I gotta wrap this post up pretty soon. 

Oh, and I got to have the s'mores sandwich. It's good, but not quite as heavenly as it sounds. If I want to get a treat, I'll just get the Simpsons donut next time. 

So yeah, had a lot of fun last night. **Hits post and runs to the bathroom**  

On October 5, 2016 at 7:03 PM, DTH316 said:

It's too early but I'll throw it out there now...

Saw: Legacy

American Horror Story: Asylum/Coven/Roanoke

The Exorcist

Trick 'r Treat

The Conjuring/Annabelle

Lights Out

If rumors are true and the Mummy is leaving after next Summer, I don't see the Exorcist coming back. They may retire that venue. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2016 at 3:57 AM, DTH316 said:

So I just finished Hotel and I am now SO DISAPPOINTED in the AHS maze. That season had enough alone to be a mega maze, but what is in the maze isn't even some of the coolest stuff/environments/kills/characters. I was already disappointed by Murder House's design not feeling as grand as it could, but now Hotel is truly missing the grandeur it should have. Freak Show is the only decent replication of a season. So unfortunate they dropped the ball on this one after all these years.

i know right! they missed the opportunity to use the serial killers  

On 10/8/2016 at 10:17 AM, Freak said:

Got to experience round two of HHN last night. In addition, I also got to use my behind the scenes tour I won at Midsummer Scream. I went through Texas with Chris Williams and he gave us a really good tour. What's cool is that my eleven year old sister got to go as her first time ever going to HHN. Considering we both started off with a BTS tour with Chris Williams and FoL privilege, I'd say she had an amazing first experience, wouldn't you? :)

So I finally saw Jabawockeez and I liked it better than last year's show. It was nice that they incorporated a little narration and more humor in there. The laser effects were pretty cool. Still prefer Bill and Ted, but this show is adequately entertaining. 

I also finally did TWD during HHN and that was great. I got one really good scare from one of the walkers at the very end as I didn't think that would be used as a scare spot. Not worth an one and a half hour wait, but it was cool to experience it with extra performers. 

I got to do everything except TWD and TCM twice….well, we did the tour, so I guess that kinda counts as twice for TCM? We also got to do Krampus three times because they didn't scan our pass when we went through our second round with the pass. So we took advantage of that and went back for round three. 

The highlight of the night for me was having some tater tot nachos. Hot dang those were good. Definitely the best HHN treat for me. They tasted amazing but the after effects aren't pleasant which is why I gotta wrap this post up pretty soon. 

Oh, and I got to have the s'mores sandwich. It's good, but not quite as heavenly as it sounds. If I want to get a treat, I'll just get the Simpsons donut next time. 

So yeah, had a lot of fun last night. **Hits post and runs to the bathroom**  

If rumors are true and the Mummy is leaving after next Summer, I don't see the Exorcist coming back. They may retire that venue. 

Mummy leaving... what would your guess be as to what's replacing it? Honestly you can just throw another ride into that building instead of tearing it down and completely changing the structure of the backlot. And even if Mummy's gone, they can rebuild Exorcist somewhere else, which would be beneficial to make some changes.

K, so I've heard the Ouija board in Exorcist is a blackout performer like the 3rd time now and I figured that must be a mistake. Like there is literally a person controlling that thing? For what purpose? That couldn't have been automated? I'm finding it hard to believe management allows someone to be paid for just that... no offense to whoever Job that is! Haha

24 minutes ago, DTH316 said:

K, so I've heard the Ouija board in Exorcist is a blackout performer like the 3rd time now and I figured that must be a mistake. Like there is literally a person controlling that thing? For what purpose? That couldn't have been automated? I'm finding it hard to believe management allows someone to be paid for just that... no offense to whoever Jon that is! Haha

I wouldn't doubt it. I believe last year for Crimson Peak, they had one black out jiggle a door knob from the other side all night 

2 hours ago, DTH316 said:

... you must be joking! Omg lmao

Not a joke actually, John talked about that performer before at the monsterpalooza panel I believe. He jiggled doorknobs and if anyone tried to grab them he'd stop. So the ouija board being an actual performer while seeming a little joke like is definitely true  

That's what I meant!

How is it not cheaper to just build some type of mechanism? With 8 hours a day, over $10 per hour, and 4 day weekends, and I'm guessing about 6ish weekends, that's like $2000+ per blackout position. How much does it cost for hydraulics and such? I know Knotts uses them all the time for a lot of, if not all of their mazes.